1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Greetings Adventurers

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by SkyFyre, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In my quest to begin role playing again I ran across this site today and joined.
    I am thrilled to find a place with so many people interested in twisting words into something fun and wild.
    I also like the fact this site allows 18+ role playing which is hard to come by on a lot of sites. Freedom of RP imagination is a great thing!
    I come from the old school role playing days in the AOL chat rooms. (Yeah I'm older but only in turns of the world not of body, mind or spirit. )
    My role playing skills have rusted out but I am sure with the right tale I will get right back in gear.

Currently I am a manager in the fabulous world of EDI and I need a creative outlet. All I do all day is mess with data, files, and people.
    I live in Utah (its not that bad) but am originally from San Francisco. What a change right?
    It worked out. Heh.

My main character is a slaver/privateer/horse trainer named Brenna Stormwind. She is quite the hard ass and has a weak spot for big burly men with a smart mouth.
    I tend to lean more toward fantasy role playing.
    I have many other characters I play as well.
    I am also very skilled at creating characters and stories on the fly. I write daily as a hobby and hope to publish something someday. (only poetry has made it into the public realm so far).
    I enjoy role playing because you never know what someone will reply to your scene and that keeps things interesting. I love a good surprise!

Please feel free to touch base with me any time. I love to chat and adore meeting new people of all walks of life.

And hit me up for any role plays. I am ready to sharpen the skills!

2. Welcome to Iwaku!

3. Welcome to Iwaku Sky! Enjoy your stay in this whimsical world~

4. Thank you for the welcome!!! :bsmile:

5. My understanding is that active people here seem to be later on in their years. To a degree. It's an interesting thing to note...

Anywho I hope your writing goes well! I'm sure many of us here write a lot and would love to see it become something real that people can read. I enjoy roleplay for much the same reason you do, too. A story is nice, but you're ultimately interacting with yourself. There's a few surprises here and there when things happen to click together and you go "Woah that's probably a great idea!" but even then it lacks the personal touch of sharing a story with someone like-minded.

I'll see you around sometime, I'm sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.