Great Sands Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascension Guild Hall Entrance

Roriaru left the building to see a small crowd gathered there, conversing. She made a cute 'ahem' noise, attempting to get attention, before shouting "ALRIGHT LISTEN UP Y'ALL MO' FUCKAS! This here is Ascension Guild Hall. Ya can tell 'cause it's the most expensive building in the city. All y'all hyper-arrogant cunts gonna need to turn it down, cos that's a one-way trip to being hated by your party and left to die first - before we know if we can respawn, so think on that will ya?"

"Shut up, Nigga-chan." Yukimi emerged from the building, carrying several strangely shaped silver pendants. Each was inlaid with a gemstone that was shifting between a spectrum of various colours. She brought up the User Interface to check the usernames and levels of the people gathered, and handed a trinket to each player above level 25. "Each of you should equip one of these. As you're probably aware if you've bothered with the PVE side of things, the Dungeon system automatically reduces your strength to an appropriate level to keep the dungeon fun. This device is something given from the Mentor system that allows the user to alter their level manually to be a level adequate to tutor a newer player. Level can be altered at will, so thanks to this oversight by the programmers, it will allow us to restore our full strength should it be necessary, which would not be possible normally until we had left the dungeon."

Anxious to get started after the several meta-day delay, Yukimi didn't bother waiting for responses or stragglers, and strode off in the direction of the North gate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crysodic
z15L1P5.png

Well, as expect, there were lots of girls, all with varying personalities that somehow still felt the same. Naturally, the Queen of the Arena, after her little speech, had arrived to grace everyone else with her PvP skills, but another faintly familiar face arose from the shadows as well. Luka Katami, was it? Darius vaguely remembered a player like that in the past. He wasn't sure when she had become a merchant, but he was fairly confident that she was a pretty terrible thief in the past, the type that caused trouble by overlooking the R in RNG.

Well, people can change with time, can't they? Still a surprise that she hadn't joined the players who went bandit modu after all the moderators disappeared.

The others that arrived weren't quite as noticeable, though Darius did appreciate that Uruni male's spunk. Always nice to see another man in the game that hadn't been thoroughly pussy-whipped in this world. Shooting a friendly smile towards the swordsman, the lowbie was about to say something when a voice that sounded straight out of a racist comedy rang through Ascension Hall.

Apparently, an African-American thug with a persuasion towards little catgirls was one of their leaders.

"Huh," he muttered to Kumi, "Looks like someone got unlucky with their logging in, eh? Unless he swings that way. Then it's a whole other realm of weird."

Then again, last time he read the news, there WERE quite a number of politicians debating issues of the increasing number of male lolicons, driven to that due to their interest in submissive females within a matriarchal society...so maybe such things won't be so uncommon after all.

As Yukimi handed out pendants, Darius stayed out of the way, waiting for all those high-level players to get their shit together and lower their levels. With this many players, there probably wasn't any point in queuing up Box Drops at the moment, so without further ado, he headed out alongside the winged Kemono when she departed.

"So…Yukimi, was it? Don't know any high-level Cleric-types myself, so I'm curious. No one has died yet, but what are your thoughts on the Revive spells then? Assuming that this game is no longer a game and that if you die in the game you die in real life, you think the Revive spells will still work?"

Reactions: Karakui
xhERwUC.png

Kumi scratched her head at the dog kemono's response. It felt very unsure, but the stream of people that began to arrive increased Kumi's confidence in her choice. The attention of the small crowd flitted from player to player, until it settled on a deep and powerful voice that echoed from the entrance; seizing everyone's attention in a metaphorical death grip. Scanning the general direction of the sound, Kumi spent a few seconds in confusion before she eventually pinpointed the little kemono girl, with Darius muttering her a confirmation. "Wow, that must be really awkward," thought Kumi, imagining herself as a full-sized Orog male. "Actually, that might be kinda fun if it weren't for the whole 'real voice' thing." Just then, a new thought train crossed her mind. If 'sh-he' didn't know about the Polymorph, this situation called for some of the best pranks imaginable!

Suddenly, the gender-bent loli was interrupted by the return of the flower-petal-snow-fox-angel-magician as she started handing out pendants. What did they call her? The 'Blitz Artery' or some-such? Kumi held back a little disappointment at getting skipped over for a pendant, but it did make sense, her being a bit under-leveled.

Before Kumi knew it, the crowd was moving. This other fox kemono clearly didn't like to waste time, Kumi liked her already. First things first though, time to get to know the rest of the group. Seeing the dog still in front of her, Kumi strode forward to walk beside her before speaking.

"Well if we're going to be a team, we should probably introduce ourselves. I'm Kumi. Kumi the Fox Kemono. Kumi the Fox Kemono Alchemist. Or maybe Kumi the Alchemist Fox Kemono? I dunno, but either way, that's me. Who are you?"

Three days have passed since anyone could log out from the game the atmosphere in the city was more or less stagnant with only a small hand full of players still trying to raise morale. With major player run stores close because their owners weren't online Raimond decides to take advantage of the situation, preparing his shop for customers with the forging of arms and armor of all levels using iron for low levels, steel for the low mid tiers and so on. He furiously hammered the ores into ingots as fast as his arms could swing and with it forged a selection of weapons ranging from Swords to Naginatas to the Chinese crescent blades he would forge bow if he could but his profession would not allow it. However his armor making abilities are limited to heavy armor and shields as he would require someone with the leather works profession to be able to build medium armor worth using. The tower shield he had equipped was an example of joint effort, one that he is proud of.

For three days he spent inside his medium sized store preparing his wares filled with standard to exotic weaponry and beautifully crafted armor and shields. He takes a few steps back to take it all in while taking a deep breath as his lungs was filled with pride. It was as if he never closed his store. However he looked towards the left which was still filled with empty boxes of varying sizes, he had reserved that half of the store for a partner to work with. Filled with burning determination he clenched his fist and swears he would make the best of the new world he was given but for now he would rest his laurels and head towards the local tavern for a pint and perhaps overhears a few local gossips and rumours.

Swiping the air with his right hand the user interface appears with a multitude of options. He slides towards the apparel/armor section and chose to unequip his armor a ray of light then envelopes him removing sections of armor he had selected revealing a tight yet comfy black leather suit he was sure to have kept his traveling cloak on. He didn't want to incur fatigue when walking outside of his store and the cloak is there for when the wind really kicks. Raimond exits through the front entrance, closing and locking the door behind him. He saw a few players looking at his shop as they passed by, well at least the big red sign he kept from his old store was able to draw people's attention.

Walking towards the tavern he covers his body fully with his cloak without his armor he felt sort of vulnerable as he only had his trusty sword. Still the sight of the once overpopulated city now being so empty sent chills down his spine. Once he reached the tavern however a sign was posted outside with a message to enter quietly. Considered his curiosity pique he entered without a single sound only to find someone making a speech of sort. He quickly took to a sit at one of the many empty chairs near the entrance and sat down to listen to what he had to say.

Respawning, Raimond never thought of it until now since respawning was normal for any mmorpg but what if you truly will die after being killed in game it was a very concerning thought. A cold sweat soon ran down his forehead as he thought about it especially considering his role in teams.

" We're looking for a good range of levels in this team to be able to have balanced fights at a range of difficulties and strategies to take a deep look at the battle mechanics"

Basically we are going to be guinea pigs so that the leaders behind this would be safe from harm while we gather information if anything had change. He didn't want to be someone else's stepping stone this would be the worst proposal ever but he wanted to know as well better to get a few cut and bruises than to shiver in fear forever at least. Though he wanted to object to a few points he had lost his chance as players were already leaving to prepare for the lab tests.

Raimond took a long time to contemplate on the pros and cons of following the group. On the Brightside he would have allies to count on at the very least but he could die and never return. His heart ached and his fist clenched tightly whenever he thought about the possibility of dying. He didn't want to throw his lot with a bunch of people who might just leave him to die in a desperate battle. Putting that aside, it was still better to join them to get first hand information and the pros outweigh the cons but the thought of truly dying was keeping him chained down. He slammed his fist in frustration on the tavern's table thankfully no one was there and the bartender was mildly amused. He's just going to have to roll his dices, he stood up quickly as he was late for the meeting and exited the tavern.

He ran as fast as he could to the city centre where the meeting was being held. Raimond used his UI map with a tracker already set for the Ascension guild hall he finally made it to the entrance hopefully they were still going through introductions and haven't left yet. He places one of his hands on the entrance doorway and proceeded inside. "Hey there guys, my name's Raimond I take on the role of vanguard I'll be the buffer in between the monsters and everyone else. Here's wondering if you have spots left for someone like me."

Armizario
The fully armoured Armizario had joined the group early, helmet on he stood out as a relatively massive pillar of steal among all the shorter female characters in their fetish gear. Having spent much of the last few days out trying to figure out exactly what was going on, he was finally glad to have an organized group helping him. There he stood, massively over leveled and one of two he knew of to have achieved an advanced race status. He was almost embarrassed.

When the Tenjin girl handed him the Mentor amulet he instantly dropped it over his head so that it fell down under his chest piece. It was a welcomed gift that would no doubt come in handy in the lower level areas that the group would be crossing. He knew that the Northern area of the map did have some pretty difficult mob clusters, and with the uncertainty of death he didn't feel particularly anxious to come across any great challenge.

As the group began setting off Armizario decided against gliding far ahead of the group and simply walked next to them. He ended up directly in front of a Kemono that had introduced herself, in a suspiciously masculine voice, are Kumi. With how she spoke being a nervous tumble of word's Armizario found a perfect time to reveal his race.

He slowly slid his helmet off, revealing his character's great black and furry face. Without turning to face the small Kemono he began to introduce himself. "Well, you can call me Armizario. But Kumi was it? I have a question for you." And with that he quickly spun on his heel and shoved his snarling snout in her face and with a rapid growl and the chomping of his teeth shouted, " You wanna see a dead body?!"

Luka Katami - Level 48 Kemono

Luka took the necklace, looking it over curiously. She'd never had one of these items before, and she could definitely see the benefit in owning one. She gave a fanged grin as she put it on, the end of her tail curling up as she followed after Yukimi. That rather..interesting, Kemono only had her snickering at her, his?, words. She'd never really been a party person anyway, except when she really needed a dungeon item, because she never liked anyone's style enough. MMO style games weren't her usual things, she loved shooter games instead, so this whole thing was out of her element. So she had her own style of going about things. Looks like now though, her tournament would be cancelled. She was sure someone would notice what had happened to her though, and well, the rest of the people trapped here. She'd probably lose all of her rankings though in the games she played more often, or well used to play, ugh. The one time she pops back into this game for a little bit of fun and relaxing, and she gets caught in it.

As she begins to move, she catches eye of someone else coming in and introducing themselves. A tank kinda guy, eh? Wouldn't hurt to go talk to him, especially since he walked in a few moments late. She changed direction to instead go towards him. "You're a little late for the party," She said. "But I'm sure they'll make an exception. Pleasure to meet you Raimond. Don't know if you heard, but my name's Luka. You made it just in time for everyone to start walking off." She said, her tail pointing in the direction of Yukimi, the leader who was walking away. "Nothing's interesting happened yet. Come on then, being left behind won't do any good." She began walking, assuming that the other would follow after her. "So, you claim you're a tank, huh? Why'd you choose that?"

xhERwUC.png

@Rauzi @Potatocat

Kumi froze and shivered for a moment as Armizario shoved his nose, or snout rather, right in her face. If it weren't for the jumpscare, she might've shrugged it off. In her experience, most dog kemonos role-played a lack of the concept of personal space; a wolf was still a dog, right? Hopefully it was just some playful intimidation.

Composing herself, Kumi wiped off the spit that had journeyed it's way onto her face in the shouting and spoke cautiously. "A dead body? That's exactly what I'd like to avoid. Soooo....no, I guess."

As she continued, Kumi grew more comfortable speaking to Armizario disturbingly quickly. Finding her next point relevant to the dog (Thirrin) as well, she addressed them both. "I've always felt that I could trust another Kemono. With these 'recent events' I've probably never been more wrong. Maybe it's just dumb luck though, but I've never seen another Kemono betray or discriminate against me. It's weird, right? I guess my point is, I hope we kemonos can be good allies-slash-friends."

"...and what's it like to have a snout? Can you smell things better? Do things taste bitter...I mean better. Do dog kemonos like chewing on bones? Oo, do you play fetch?! I think I could play fetch, I'm pretty fast!"

Armizario
Armizario chuckled as he straightened himself out and returned to walking just ahead of the shorter kemono. "I believe that this entire party shouldn't have a hard time getting along. I've found that times of great adversity often bring people of different backgrounds and beliefs together!" With a jovial tone he decided to humor the small Fox Kemono further. "Oh, and on the topic of the snout. I might just sell a bit more vividly than most, and meat certainly tastes fantastic. Unfortunately though, I am not tempted to play fetch. Chase my tail perhaps, but not play fetch." He then turned to the dog kemono. "But enough about me. Tell me small one, what is your name?"

N3oGWtg.png

When the amulet was given to her, she looked at it curiously for a while, she shrugged and put it on without further questions. While they were walking, Kumi began talking about trusting other Kemonos and stuff. But then he began asking questions about dog Kemonos. She got a bit upset about such stereotypes since they didn't match her at all, who knows if some dog Kemono matched those details. "Well i can only talk for myself on this one... but none of those things are true, it's not like we think like dogs even though we are part dogs" she said looking a bit disappointed for Kumi's stereotyping. After this Armizario spoke up talking about snout and stuff... "But enough about me. Tell me small one, what is your name?" he asked and she looked up to him. "Thirrin, Thirrin Pawtre.... a spellslinger" she introduces herself shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.