Falcon

Adventure Finder
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
Have you ever read, watched, or listened to something and one line stuck out?
Whether it be a classic:
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
- Rhett Butler to Scarlett
~ Gone with the wind
or you just find it funny:
"A-ha! So you admit that believe in marriage is kind of like believing in Santa Claus!"
- Kevin to Jane
~ 27 dresses
or it's something you just want to share:

"Name the greatest of all inventors. Accident."
~ Mark Twain
My question to Iwaku is this, What one liners have stuck out to you?

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives." - William Wallace (Mel Gibson), Braveheart

"The night is darkest just before the dawn." - Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), The Dark Knight

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
'Many who live deserve death, and many who have died deserve life; can you give it to them?'
- the character of Gandalf, from JRR Tolkein's Lord of the Rings

'Not Important? now that's interesting; In 900 years of Time and Space I've never met anyone who wasn't important'
- the character of the Doctor, from Doctor Who

'Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise, its five year mission; to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life, and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before'
- Star Trek, created by Gene Roddenbury

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Ha ha, I wondered if someone was going to post that one :)

Here's one for any One Piece fans:

"A Beautiful Lady Swordsman just brought some Meat!" - Usopp
From when he woke Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji up after their shadows had been stolen in the Thriller Bark arch

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear."
- Freddie Mercury
"My words were more inviting, as I told him to come closer and leave his weapons behind. And so he did."
-My Authority :3

"Why is it the one of us who wants to live the most and deserves to live the most dies, and the ones that deserve to die, keep on living... What's the message in that?"
Barney Ross, the Expendables 2

Alright, sociopolitical first! Both of these statements should be more widely applied by more people- great advice is great advice.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
-V, V for Vendetta

"If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change."
-His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama

Onwards to humorous.

"Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was."
-Black Widow, Avengers

"If we went to a Halloween party dressed as Batman and Robin, I'd go as Robin. That's how much you mean to me..."
-Chazz, Blades of Glory

Here are some Quotes from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time that stuck out to me.

A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools if we live long enough.
-Lews Therin Telamon, Winter's Heart
"You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways." -Lan Mandragoran, Eye of the World

I quote this all the time because it tickles me:

Not that I condone facism, or any kind of ism for that matter. Isms in my opinion are not good. A person shouldn't believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. - Ferris Bueller.