Great Demon Hunter Daiki

That was.. that was the most adorable thing she had EVER seen!

"Aaaaw..!" It was out of her mouth before she thought about it! They were just so fuzzy and adorable. Manami bet they would be soft and warm, and super cuddly too!

Of course, her outburst had the entire of room of robe clad bunny people turning around to see who was at the door. Which was even cuter. Manami found herself dumbstruck by the cute! Opening the door wider, she waved a hand nervously.

"I'm sorry! Um.. don't be afraid? I come in peace! Oh man.... so cuuute."

Luckily for Daiki, Irene was a light weight for a demon. While, he was more than sure that Irene would write this account down in her forsaken Book Of Males, he figured doing anything to prevent Stheno from coming back out was worth the risk of the book.

"Okay. Since you're the one with the psychic powers use them to use where the human wandered off to. As well, any disturbances in the yoaki levels. I don't like the amount of torches light up all over the place. Too unnatural."

He looked around, while Irene was acting rather giddy.

Irene couldn't help but admit that maybe she *was* enjoying this piggy-back ride. Daiki almost never offered these! "Hmm ... Let's see ... Manami is further down that way." She pointed in the direction they were going. "There are low amounts of yokai power but they've been steadily increasing since we got down here."

Meanwhile, the rabbits were huddled toward the back of the room as if protecting something. There were so many of them that Manami couldn't tell what it was. Feeling a bit more confident, she moved into the room. "It's okay, really. I won't hurt you."

The rabbits looked at each other and then one of them slowly approached. It had to be the cutest and smallest of them, pure white with the red eyes of an albino. It reached out with its little paws toward Manami and how could she not take them! She refrained from grabbing it and just giving it a really big hug!

The rabbit looked up at her and their eyes met for a few minutes before it turned back to its companions. There seemed to be some kind of silent understanding between them because the others began to approach until Manami found herself surrounded by furry little critters!

If Manami had bothered, she would have noticed that with the rabbits all around her, she could see what they had been guarding. A large black altar in front of a wall carved with some hideous monster on it! The albino bunny from earlier suddenly jumped into her arms and Manami barely prevented herself from squealing with the cuteness!

"Awwwh! What is it, you cute little bunny you!" she asked, meeting those big red eyes! Those nice big red eyes that ... were glowing and swirling and ...

With the human girl deep in a trance, the bunny turned and jumped out of her arms. Her eyes were glazed over and she was staring off into the distance. Its paws began to quickly move. It was time for the ceremony to continue and for their master to be free!

In a manner of minutes, Manami was standing in front of the altar, dressed in a simple white wedding gown holding a bouquet of black roses. The rabbits were in a semi-circle with the albino in front of Manami and they were chanting again. The albino rabbit flexed its paw which suddenly became a claw. Manami held out one hand, wrist up and didn't flinch when the rabbit used its claw to make a cut in her arm. Blood quickly swelled.

The hideous monster image on the wall seemed to contort and then something slimy reached out from the center!

Daiki continued to march forward while Irene enjoyed her piggy back ride. These tunnels just had to be one of those places were monsters just had to show up for no apparent reason. Though he had to admit, everywhere they were going to face down here was probably less of a danger than Anglova or the Ul-dah because they weren't in New York City after all.

"Okay...Just keep me updated if you sense a sudden influx of yokai magics. I don't want to sound presumptuous but thus far Manami has been a magnet for demons...Worse than our meal program." He said.

Irene shrugged. "Yeah, there does seem to be a pattern developing here. It's a bit funny, though. I didn't think we'd find someone who could attract more trouble than we could."

They were within a dozen feet from the door when she tapped Daiki on the shoulder. "That sudden influx of yokai magic you wanted me to tell you about just popped up."

Manami was unconscious on the floor and the cult was in an uproar. Standing on the altar was none other than their master, a fifteen-feet tall mountain of ... blue gelatin with at least six tentacles, three on each side. It had a large mouth filled with rows of razor sharp teeth that glinted in the torchlight and appeared to have no eyes, although it could see somehow. It caught Manami by the ankle with one tentacle and was reeling her in like a prized catch!

"Yeah...Tell me about it... When I had enrolled in Chikushi High, I had intended to track down whoever kept opening Grey Spaces over all the that region of Japan...Not this kind of work..." Daiki had said.

One of Daiki's powers involved influencing the human mind and thus enrolling into the High School had been the easy part. Now he had to deal with an Oimeri that was a former student of a Buddhist priest called Genno. Though that did explain to Daiki why a mere human could have survived the Illness that was caused by the Yōkai break outs following the crossing over into the Grey Spaces.

"So we have shitloads of demons coming our way...Well then I ain't going to waste time."

He didn't wait for Irene to slip down from his back. "I have been called the man of many faces, an outsider, an alchemist of words. However, I am and always will be the man who stands for understanding and knowledge of a better world to come!" He chanted, "By the rights of Benkei, I summon the Alkahest Slasher."

Irene got off of Daiki's back and watched him get to work. "Have fuuunnnn!" She gave him a wink and a little salute. She had no intention of getting caught up in this little mess. It was enough she was here down in the sewers. Daiki was used to slashing up yokai and this one was certainly no Ul-dah. But she followed behind him--just in case!

By the time Daiki kicked in the door, the tentacle monster was about to devour Manami who had blacked out and the little critters were hopping up and down. They were in quite the frenzy at the appearance of their master, freshly risen and hungry for some human flesh!

They turned at the intrusion and instead of the cute bunnies Manami had seen, Daiki and Irene saw them for what they truly were!

quiz%20rats.jpg

Irene peeked over Daiki's shoulder and winced. "Great, mutant rabbit-things," she muttered. "And a tentacle monster." She blinked. "...This looks really familiar."

Reactions: 1 person
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4BSoCMJ7I"]YouTube- Marie LaForet - Paint it Black (MGS4)[/nomedia]

"Sorry for breaking up this wedding," Daiki said, "But I have to object an union with such a fugly monster."

Daiki then charged forward into the sea of mutant rabbit creatures. They started to swarm around him like bees defending their hive. Some of the bolder ones tried to leap on Daiki and chomp their sharp incisors into his flesh. However, he acted quicker than they expected!

With a single slash of his sword, three of the mutant rabbits were cleaved in half.

"You'll have to do better than that! I am the King of Foxes after all." He taunted them.

Suddenly more and more of them started to appear from all corners of the room. They then started to charge at Daiki like a massive heard of lemmings.

"Irene...What the are these things?" Daiki then shouted as he started to hack more and more of the weird animals down.

"Oh...Now I remember! They are called spongmonkeys. Some weird primate -like demon from England that was used in some American Sub place's marketing campaign a few years back ..."

"Whatever these things are I can you tell this much I hate them..."

One of the mutant-rabbits then jumped on Daiki's face and tore the mask right off from his face and it broke into nine separate pieces. Daiki's eyes then both turned bright red and the demon burst into flames right on sight. The nine pieces of the mask then floated in midair and ultimately lodged themselves into Daiki's back forming then into nine tails, giving him the mark of being one of the most powerful of all of the kitsune.

"Shit...Of all the freaking inconveniences..." Daiki then muttered.

More of the mutant rabbits then jumped on the Demon Slayer. Irene's nostrils then flared, the smell of sulfur was now filling the air. Then the area around them started to shift from a weird twisted dungeon to an open meadow with two moons looming over head. Irene then looked up. A large pillar of fire was now surrounding Daiki. He then bellowed like a dog, while a chrous of screeches soon followed as a great many of the mutant rabbits were engulfed by kitsune-bi; literally fox fire.

kitsune-8.jpg

As the flames started to subside a new figure stood looming over were Daiki once was; a large red kitsune. It then glared at the slime monster that was still coiling it's tentacle around poor Manami. The Kitsune then snarled and charged at full speed against its foe. It first targeted the coils, opening it's mouth, the Kitsune then sprayed more flames from it's mouth, charring the slimly substance the monster was made of. Manami then fell from the smile beast's grasp, now to only to be caught by one of the Kitsune's nine tails. The beast then ran towards Irene and dropped its catch into her arms.

It then turned its head towards the slime monster, it was now or nothing. Standing firm the Kitsune then growled and opened its mouth once more and unleashed wave, upon wave of holy fire on the mutant rabbit's god. The foe had no idea what it was in for as it started to turn into stone...

Irene raised an eyebrow as she stood there. The wind of this strange place whipped her hair around. She smiled a bit to herself. Two hundred plus years and they still didn't know everything about each other. King of Foxes, indeed!

She watched Daiki take care of the mutants and then caught Manami when he rescued her from the tentacle monster. She checked the girl's vital signs. Well, she was alive, at the very least. But it wasn't like Irene had the medical know-how to know if Manami was just unconscious or in need of healing care.

Just as quickly as he had changed into the King of Foxes, Daiki slowly turned back into a human. The ninetails reconverted themselves back into the form of his red and purple mask. Daiki didn't look in the best of shapes at the moment but he slumped forward towards Manami and Irene.

"Move. I want to check her vitals myself." He said while he crouched down.

"But I just did..."

"I know, I KNOW..." He said harshly as he placed two fingers near Manami's collar bones. "She has a weak pulse but it is still going. Shit... I am not a healer."

"So, what's up?" Irene asked.

"The creature I just killed was a low level Akkorokamui...A octopus demon, if you will. While a weak very monster, its toxins paralyze humans rather quickly....Oh, I am not going to enjoy this one bit..."

Daiki then lowered his head down towards Manami's head. He was going to attempt to do a supernatural version of CPR. The problem was, as soon as he locked lips with her's, Manami woke up!

Irene certainly wasn't the type to have her scales ruffled at Daiki's harsh tone. But she was the type to sit back and enjoy the look on Daiki and Manami's face when Manami woke up. She was standing opposite Daiki and now she crossed her arms and bent forward.

"Oh yes, I can see why locking lips with the fair damsel in distress would be such a sacrifice, Your Highness," she remarked. She was partly teasing him in a reference to being "Prince Charming" and because he had called himself King of Foxes. Then she stood and unfolded her arms to put one hand on her hip, after which, her bodysuit appeared to shimmer and she wore her black dress with its ruffles and underskirts again.

"Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty," she greeted Manami. "Your handsome King Charming has arrived to save you from becoming a parody of a low budget hentai film."

Daiki reeled back as quickly as he could. He was the sort to try and save face as much as possible.

"Yeah...What Irene is saying is that you got kidnapped by mutant spongmonkeys disguised as rabbits to your untrained human eyes...We got here in the nick of time when you were almost going to be eaten by a tentacle creature...I guess like a pagan alter....Anyways, Manami you are awake, which is good."

He then picked up his maks and cover his left eye once again. Daiki then stood back up and placed his hands in his pockets and tried to look suave.

"Alright. We might as well head back home in Tokyo. From there we can figure out where Manami can live and be safe. I'll contact HQ's to see if we can get a hold of Genno since, being the monk he is, has left the temple already."

Manami got to wake up to a kiss! Which might have been really romantic and just like those super adorable romance novels, only it was Daiki with Irene making jokes!

With a cough and a desperate attempt to pretend like it was no big deal at all, Manami too was standing back up on her feet and dusting herself off. She looked down at her clothes with a start, plucking at the fabric of the weird dress she was wearing. How on earth did she get in to this?! Spongemonkeys? Tentacle monster? Aw man, her wrist was bloody! Quick, don't look!

Manami squeezed her eyes shut and waved her arm! "I'm injured! Wait... I can't live with my parents?" That was much better to think about think Hentai and Prince Charming!

"Oi vey..." Daiki said, "Listen Manami...We have no way of knowing if your parents are still around or not. When the demons break through the void that separates the human plane from the spirit plane, they create a pocket called Grey Space. The surrounding area becomes unstable since the demons absorb energies from all living things to feed or gain more magic. When the grey spaces are patched up by Mother Nature, the world creates mini-images of living things called Shades. However, these shades are only temporary until the world bleeps them out several months down the road."

He then walked over to her and placed his hand on her shoulder, "Sorry. I know its a lot to take in...How about this. You come with Irene and myself to our home. We'll make you a nice meal and you can clean yourself up. Okay?"

Irene was grinning at Daiki, a smug little thing that spoke volumes. Oh, she was not going to let him live this one down. And suave? She was going to enjoy poking fun at him about this in the years to come. All two hundred seventy-five years, six months, five weeks, four days, three hours, thirty-two minutes and thirteen seconds of it. That was when she'd done her service and would be free.

Irene, being the dramatic woman she was, clapped her hands and a first aid kit fell right into her grasp. "I'll patch this baby up first and then we can head home." She moved to Manami and cleaned up the wound, then bandaged it. "It's not too deep so it should heal as long as you put pressure on it."

"You said you didn't have basic medical skills," Daiki muttered.

Irene smirked. "I can't let Manami bleed to death, can I?" Then again, if they took Manami home and she was still bleeding ... bleeding to death wouldn't be a problem. "Besides, I haven't had the time to chase out that flying dog demon that keeps floating around or the peeping tom ghost who swears he's your ancestor twice removed."

And so, the trio returned to Tokyo! But "Home" that Daiki meant was not the home Manami was expecting! She had assumed they'd be taking her back to her own place with her parents. They had come to a large building that looked like an apartment complex. Yet, nothing about it seemed normal. Even inside when they were heading upstairs, they would pass by some pretty strange looking people. Manami would occasionally point and open her mouth as if to ask a question, but then something new would steal her attention away!

Manami decided this must be a building for people in witness protection. Or was it Onigiri Protection? Oimeri? Well, she was going to call it 'Manami Protection Program'. The MPP. Obviously it wasn't an everyday place.

She was pleasantly surprised when Irene introduced her to the apartment rooms! It was spacious but not too big. Furniture looked very comfortable and it seemed like a really nice place to live. Posh and stylish! In the back of the head she still worried about her parents, but this did make it better.

"I like this! Uh oh... can I borrow some clothes? I seriously want to get out of this dress!" Once she realized she was still wearing a blood (and who knows what else) stained wedding dress, she SO wanted it off! But Manami was not about to prance around naked with a boy here!

"Unlikely with Irene. She's a fashionitsa and doesn't like sharing her things with others." Daiki mentioned. He then walked into a room that had a cutely drawn fox picture hanging on it. Daiki then closed the door for several moments, leaving Manami alone with Irene. The door opened and flung behind his back was a simple tan robe that looked like it could have belonged to one of the apostles of Jesus.

"I obviously don't have a great selection of women's clothing in my selection. This belonged to my sister. You are about the same size as her, so it should fit you okay."

Daiki then handed her robe, "Bathroom's on the right."

"You gave her one of Aya's belongings? Man, you really are a big old softie for her!" Irene said, "So what are we gonna do with her? You aren't the type to keep humans around for very long? You should probably go to HQs and have someone pick her up."

"I have a better idea." Daiki said. He then pulled out a knife from his pocket and placed it in Irene's hand. "There we are."

Just then a pixie appeared. She looked rather unhappy to be here once again.

"Irene, you know the drill." The pixie said while she pulled out a sheet of a paper to write a fine since Irene was not allowed to carry around sharp pointy items.

pixie.jpg

"Gotcha, Kate." Daiki said as he grabbed the small pixie in mid air. She began to struggle to break free of the kitsune's grasp. It was futile. "First off, here's a coin to help Irene pay off her fine. However, that's not my problem. I have a Code 2319. I need supplies to help keep our guest happy and your bosses have it."

Irene waited until the pixie was gone to throw the knife back at Daiki--point first! "You idiot, I'm in enough trouble as it is!" she hissed, eyes narrowed. "And you know damn well a single gold coin isn't going to cover how much this violation is gonna cost me!"

Men! They were the same in any species! It's no wonder she killed as many as she had! Fine, if he wanted to get her into trouble, he was going to have to babysit his girlfriend on his own just like he'd done everything else on his own, not even caring about the consequences! She stalked off into her room, the door slamming shut behind her so hard it shook the rest of the apartment!

Daiki was once again alone with Manami. Oh, this would do him great wonders. As with his recent actions with Irene proved anything, he was still very naive about the affairs of women even after decades of being around.

"God...Irene over reacts too much. Oh,well. I'll let her blow off some steam...Though it still amazes me she actually goes out and buys clothing when she could just go and steal some from the areas where the demons got too. Then again...Why am I focusing on shit like this?"

He then sat down on the leather sofa Irene bought a few years back to add some life to the small apartment space they all shared as a home. Daiki was about to flip the TV on when he heard Manami scream.

"Goddamit! Elvis get the hell out of the washroom!" Daiki yelled.

Elvis was the name of the peeping tom ghost that haunted this house.

A very pale, almost transparent figure drifted out, through the bathroom door. It was a man dressed in ancient Japanese armor, a katana sheathed at his side and his head resting in the crook of his arm. He was floating a foot or two above the ground, his knees slightly bent as if he didn't want his feet trailing on the floor.

"The first female in decades other than Irene and I have to stay out here!" Elvis huffed. He had learned English from watching TV for so many years and yet, he had no idea what his real name was or how or when he'd died. That was basically his excuse for hanging around here.

"Haha, you got kicked out! Serves you right!" someone else snickered from above. The inugami, the thin dog-headed demon, was floating on his back. As he drifted over Daiki's head, he suddenly twisted in the air, making a figure 8. He was another freeloading guest but at least Elvis wasn't on the verge of eating Daiki and Irene out of house and home like Charlie was.