Great Demon Hunter Daiki

"She meant to say I just got out of a fight with yuppie football player."

Daiki said. He wasn't sure if Manami had even noticed he was now wearing the High School's standard Western styled uniform. He was no longer even wearing a mask and both of his eyes were now a normal brown.

"Takashashi. Why am I not surprised it's you?" The nurse said.

"Because I seem to attract all sorts of bad people?" He said.

The nurse then placed her clipboard down on the table. It was as if she had become used to this routine with Daiki. She looked at Manami and raised her right eyebrow.

"So this your newest girlfriend Takahashi?" The nurse asked disapprovingly.

"Heheh, no, no. She's from the same homeroom I'm in. We've been chatting for the past few hours since she's interested in joining the drama club." He said.

"I see." The nurse responded.

"Yeah! He's been showing me all of the neat... stuff." She had been blabbering, and now all of a sudden he was wearing normal clothes. There was no way he had time to change! Aaiiiee, he brain was melting with impossibilities!

It seemed as if all of her inner thoughts were displayed plainly across her face as she had them. The confusions. Suspicion. Amusement. Curiosity. Shock. Amazement. More curiosity. Anger. Amazement again. Finally she seemed to come to her own conclusions and adopted that easy smile she had be carrying all day long.

"So is he okay or not? Ohmigawd! I am seriously missing class right now! I gotta go!" Manami released Daiki, and in a blink of an eye, she was dashing back for her classroom! Big monsters and drama club had to wait! Her grades had to be improved or she was dead!

The nurse just watched as Manami ran off from the office.

"You have her convinced she's just living an epic drama? That's cruel Daiki. She's going to find out sooner or later that all those whom have not awaken are erased persons. Only she'll remember her family and friends that are still alive. Once time and space have healed themselves, all those important to her will literally go poof." The nurse said.

"Don't lecture me you Organization hound. Just take a look at my wounds, so I can get on with my job." Daiki said as he unbuttoned his white long-sleeved shirt.

The nurse then rolled her chair towards him and took a look. She looked agitated that Daiki had allowed himself to be cut up like a Christmas ham.

"There's still some tissue damage but since you're still walking it means the Ur-dah missed your vital organs by mere inches. You really need to stop being so reckless. Even professional Oimeri like yourself cannot survive if they rip you in half. I'm going to inform your bosses that you need at least a week to recover. No demon slayings, you got it?"

"I guess." Daiki said. He then stood up, leaving his shirt unbuttoned. He then stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Where are you going? I still have to give you medications..."

"They can wait. I'm sick of you hounding me each time I bring an Awakened back with me. I'm a semi-chivalrous kind of guy, so I guess I'll like go make amends with the derp."

Daiki then slammed the door behind him, "Greaaaaat, feeling sorry for a newb. How fucking typical of me." He muttered to himself.

Manami would be in for a shock when she found our homeroom class was empty. She then strolled towards the window to find much of Amanogawa City seemed empty. The buildings weren't twisted like they were beforehand, so she was in the right place...

Manami walked in to her homeroom, expecting to see a class full of students and one really pissed off teacher. It was empty. She looked at her watch. Everyone should be in there! Class field trip maybe?

...no... No it wasn't a class field trip. Even looking outside at the streets, everything was quiet. It's like there wasn't anyone else in the world.

Moving to a desk, Manami plopped down in a seat. Gone. She knew the day had started off weird. That nothing was really the same anymore. But she had been hoping if she just pretended it was all a big play, that maybe it would go back to normal. She was just a stupid girl that like cute clothes, hot boys, and goofing off. Those sort of girls usually screamed a lot before getting eaten up by monsters. Manami didn't want to end up like that!

FWIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS....

A strange hissing sound had her pausing! Manami sloooowly turned around to peer at the empty classroom. She didn't see anything. Removing herself from the chair, she tiptoed over to the door.

FWIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

She RAN for the door! Nearly running in to it, she fought with trying to twist the knob, but it wouldn't budge! Manami spun around, pressing her back against it. "Where are you! I know you're in here!"

FWIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAHHAAAAHAAAHAAAA...

Something kinda of flickered across the room. Like it was mostly transparent but could just barely been seen by the outline of it. It came charging at her! With a squeal, she grabbed the coat wrack by the door and started swinging! Wood collided with something making the creature hiss with snarling pain! Manami screamed again while swinging. She might be a screaming dumb girl, but this dumb girl was going to die fighting!

Suddenly, an amalgamation of howls was heard from the far off distance - It seemed to come from within the darkened halls of the complex. The eerie sound resonated and echoed throughout the high school dreamscape.

A warning for those inside.

shadows.jpg

Slowly taking form in front of Manami were shadow beings. If size had any relevance in the dream world, they would have dwarfed even the tallest of men. Much to her surprise, the coat rack was working on the demons! They then hollowed in pain as black blood spewed over the yellowish walls of the classroom.

Daiki was now in the hallways, he had been causally walking around when his ears started to perk up. He heard screaming, it had to Manami. There was no way for her have gone very far in the first place. His eyes turned back to a deep red.

"Shit and pile of it!" He shouted as he began to run.

"What the hell? More demons in this building? Shit, I hate the organization not taking care of their job of cleaning out secure locals."

Meanwhile, back in the classroom Manami continued to swing until the demons started disappearing from sight. However, a new surprise was in store for her. Standing in front of her was an elderly man whom looked just as shocked as she did.

DarkerthanBLACK2-08-Large20.jpg

"Young woman! What do you think you're doing here? This place is not for untrained magi like yourself! While I am impressed you managed to beat off a few of my pets, they would have overran you and absorbed your body and mind. I demand to know who you are right now, so I can report you to the Elders of the Organization!"

Groooosss! There was demon blood splattering all over the place! If she weren't horrified at the idea of getting eaten, she might have beaten them more for getting goopy stuff on her shoes! Manami kept thwacking the things until she didn't see another one-

Then the old man appeared and she almost hit him too!

Reigning herself back, but still holding the coat wrack defensively, she blinked at him with a mix expression of surprise and chagrin!

"Uh.. um... Sorry!" He sounded very official, so obviously this was one of the people in charge that Daiki had mentioned. "I'm Manami Shinobu! I didn't know they were yours pets, they popped out and scared me!" Realizing she was still holding that wrack Manami quickly set it aside before she got in to even more trouble!

"No, most people do not realize my pets are very different from those annoying demons that feed on the normal humans. Such a pity if I can say so myself." The Old Man rambled.

"Manami Shinobu, eh? I do not recognize that name. Though I see that you are wearing the uniform of this establishment. That means you must have been one of the Awakened. Lucky break for you. The Ul-dah has been active in these parts for many months. It's been my goal to capture the beast alive and add it to my collection. Oh, where are my manners. My name is Anglova Golgaski."

He then smiled, "I apologize for giving you a scare like that. Since you are new to this side of reality, I guess I can give you a break."

Manami gave a relieved sigh. "Thank you so much! I've been having a seriously bad day, and I sooo didn't want to land in more trouble." She ran her hands over her school uniform, reminded that the entire class, school... world was missing. It put another sour look on her face.

"Um. About that Ur-dal... I don't think it's alive anymore. It was going to eat me, but Daiki killed it. He was hurt pretty bad so I took him over to the nurses office. I hope you're not going to be too disappointed? It wasn't all that nice of a monster!" Kind of sucked that he was going to give her a break, only for her to tell him that the beast he wanted to collect was probably dead now. Man, she had the worst luck ever!

"I see." Anglova said, "Well, a collector knows that he cannot always get what he wants. You spoke of Daiki...That explains everything right then and there. He is much too unorthodox for his own good. While, I am more than sure he is skilled warrior, he just makes the Yoaki more agressive with the amounts of slayings he does."

Anglova then sat down in the teacher's desk. He then folded his fingers across from each other to form a nearly perfect pyramid. Each of his fingers were long and narrow. If anything he waould have reminded Manami of the Emperor from Star Wars.

"Come Miss Manami. Please take a seat. Since you are a new comer to this world, you must have many questions."

Anglova then smiled.

Answers! She could use a lot of those! Manami moved to have a seat in a chair, crossing her feet together and tapping her hands lightly on the desk. Where would she start first? There were bits and pieces that Daiki told her, when he wasn't totally letting her believe it was all just a big play.

Manami still wished it was only a play.

"Um... Where is everyone really? And where do all those monsters come from? And what's the big deal about being Awakened, anyway? Is Daiki an Awakened too or is he something else all together? How come he can go back and forth with his mask? I saw the way he did it. It's kind of weird. Where are my parents? Are they okay?" Manami kind of blurted everything out all at once in a big rush of words! Then perched, waiting eagerly for the answers!

"Those are some might good questions...No one knows what happens to the those do not Awaken. It's best to assume they have simply ceased to be. As for being an Awakened, it means that over time you will gain powers to help maintain the balance between this world and the one you were born into. The demons are mere minions of a bad group called the Kiril. They could be almost anyone or anything. We only have a brief understanding of them."

Anglova then paused to take a drink out of a flask like device that was slung around his neck.

"As for Daiki, he's a..."

"Well, well. I should have known you would rear your fugly head in these parts Anglova." Daiki then said as he entered the room. His purple and red mask was now fully covering his face, with the exception of the right eye which revealed a red pupil staring back at the old man.

"Manami. It's best you get out of here. This man is wanted for crimes..."

"Now, now Daiki. She should know what you really are. How can she trust, over me? You have clearly informed her of very little. Are you sure you're really out to help her? Or is this all for your own gain, demon"

"Gain? What kind of gain would I have by deceiving a human? None. It's people like you that should be done away with."

"Is that so? Well, I think we can find out. My pet weakened you enough. I shall enjoy adding you to my collection! FOR I AM, ANGLOVA, THE LIVING KINGDOM OF LIFE!"

Manami was confused. This was nothing new! She looked back and forth between the two as they bantered back and forth, trying to decipher who was being truthful and who was trying to jerk her chain.

Finally she slammed her hands on the desk as she stood up.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! You know what, I don't think I like either of you! Maybe I don't want to be here at all! Or maybe I'm going to get myself a stick and start slaying everyone I see, I don't know know, but this is ridiculous!" Her amazing speech that was supposed to bring some sense to the room, sort of fizzled out when she lost where she was going with it.

Manami finally scoffed, lifting a finger matter-of-factually. "We can discuss this reasonably. There's not any reason to fight if we're all on the same side right? It's probably just a big misunderstanding!"

Anglova then laughed, "I'm sorry Miss Manami but I've had issues with this "boy" for decades. I must say I am impressed that you given got him to help you! You must mean something special to Daiki...Yes, yes, like a girlfriend! Hahahah! Which means if I kill you, I'll break my long time foe's heart!"

"Oh for god's sake, she's not my girlfriend! Would you stop monologuing??!!?" Daiki retorted.

Anglova then grinned, his teeth were now fanged, "So I have struck a nerve!"

"No, not really but you are mighty predictable. How many times have I kicked your kiss?" Daiki said.

"Not this time! I'm more than prepared for you this time around, boy!!!!!!!!!!"

Anglova then stood up. His eyes turned to pure black and he then pulled his large green overcoat open. Two large black dogs with glowing red eyes then jumped out from the man's chest.

"You know was well as I do that spiritual alchemy allows humans to use magics. I've spent decades adding soul after soul to my body. Faye, humans, demons....I have them all and I will use my endless horde to exhaust you. Then for the final irony, I shall add you both to my collection!"

"Oh man! That's like the same lines from every manga I have ever read!" Girlfriend. Hmph. Not that Daiki wasn't a total hottie! He was super cute for sure! But, she much preferred boys with long hair and could play guitar! Daiki was cranky and he smoked cigarettes! No girl wanted to kiss a smoker.

"Gods, I am so le-ACK! WHATARETHOSE!!" He had critters flying out of his body! Manami was diving for her coat wrack again. He could give his big scary speeches all he wanted, there was no way she was going to end up in his stomach! That was just gross! Manami even used her foot to scoot some desks in front of her as obstacle shields.

"Blind Seraphim’s Claws!" Daiki then shouted. The black leather gloves on his hands then turned into sharp nail-like claws.

He then jumped forward, cutting one of the black dogs in half. Much like the Ul-dah, the black dog screamed in pain before it was turned into black dust. However, the other demonic dog then grabbed ahold of Daiki's arm and start to clamp down.

"Shit and a pile of it!" Daiki then shouted.

There was now a stream of blood dripping to the tiled floor.

"Hrmmmmm," Daiki said as the beast continued to clamp down, "Anglova. Is this the best you can do?"

Daiki then revealed a hunting knife in his right hand and slammed the blade into the demon's forehead. Much like it's counterpart, the demon bellowed in pain before it evaporated into dust.

"Hahahaah. So you managed to kill two of my many pets! As I already said, how do you plan on stopping an army of demons Takashi," Anglova sneered.

Anglova then stood up from behind the chair. His wrinkled face grew straighter, his skin grayer. The area around him also started to change into a cloudy haze, soon the entire classroom became like a scene out of a Jack the Ripper drama. From what Manami could see, Anglova looked like he was melting away. Soon a large tiger and several large ravens appeared from out of his form.

"As I said Daiki, this time around I am going to be victorious. I've spent enough time studying your combat skills. I shall over power you through and through! HAHAHAAH."

Then all the beasts came charging at Daiki.

1184043973_GothAnimeGirl.jpg

A teenage girl with white hair and dark golden eyes behind a pair of eyeglasses suddenly appeared between Daiki and the demons charging for him. "Ignores, evades, and hides from me for days, weeks, and it's not until he gets caught up with a schoolgirl that he decides he actually needs help!" She uncoiled a whip in her left hand while she stretched out her right and blasted the beasts closest to her.

"My apologies, Anglova. But if you want Daiki, you'll have to take a number." She flicked her whip and at the slightest touch, the beasts turned to black dust. She ran forward, blasting and hitting anything within range and by the time she made it to the other end of the room, Anglova was gone.

Irene coiled the whip back and put it on her belt. She wore knee-high black boots and a gothic lolita dress that looked like it was from out of an anime catalog. Then she was walking back to Daiki and she looked Manami up and down. "Hm. Didn't think you were the type to fall for a Japanese schoolgirl." Then she turned to Daiki and glared. "Ungrateful whelp. Now you're bleeding all over the place and only because you have such a thick head. You're lucky I don't knock you unconscious, slice you open, and implant a tracking device under that thick skin of yours." She pulled the cloth holding her ponytail up and began wrapping up the arm the dog had bitten into.

"Hey I summoned you more than a half hour ago. You said it was your goal to take the Ul-dah down for a handsome sum. Not my fault you decided to split up, so you could waste your time going shopping for your lolita fashions."

Daiki was glad that his so called "Servant" had finally showed up. A "Servant" was the Organization's term for any non-slayer in their ranks. Often times, they couldn't speak at all for a variety of reasons. Most were thought to be incapable of showing any form of expressions or feelings; however, Irene was a much different case. She had been assigned to Daiki because both of them were considered trouble makers by the higher ups. Both of them were very showy individuals. Though, in Irene's case, ever since her dealings with the Yokai outbreak in Greece a few years back and the destruction of half of Athens, she was forced to work with Daiki in order to "pay back" for her carelessness.

"For god's sake! Don't cut off my curriculation!"

"A handsome sum you just ruined, thank you very much. And what I do during my time is my business!" Irene hissed. She was so very tempted to make the binding even tighter but she loosened it up some. She made sure it was nice and secure. Secure, in this case, meaning it would withstand even Daiki's type of abuse and neglect.

Irene dusted her hands off and stepped back. "I should make it a lot tighter so you actually remember what happens when you get careless. I even went back to the human side to look for you and the nurse was having a fit. She said something about you finding a girlfriend and you refusing your medications." She dangled a small paper bag in front of him. "She gave them to me to give to you. Merry Christmas, Happy birthday, and all that." She glanced over at the schoolgirl. "So, new girlfriend. What's her name?"

"Why the hell would I need these medications?" Daiki snapped, "I can heal perfectly fine without the crap that the Organization orders me to take. I'm sure it probably has some kind of..."

Just then Irene shoved one of the pills in Daiki's mouth.

"Goddammit! I just said I didn't want any of that crap. Don't force feed me stuff I don't need!!!!" Daiki yelled.

He then sighed, knowing Irene wouldn't give a rat's ass about his opinions. "Irene, this is Shinobu Manami. Transfer student to Homeroom 101. Apparently, she assumes I was a student at this school for a long period of time but whatever that doesn't matter now. She's one of the Awakened. When I came to this establishment, I was looking for a reason why there were apparently sicknesses throughout this region of Japan. Well, it looks like we have found out the reason why. Good old Anglova.... Now we just need to capture him alive and we can get ourselves the huge bounty on his head."

Irene was smiling smugly as Daiki took the pill. Contrary to what he believed, it wouldn't be in the Organization's best interest for him to go kill himself. And if there was anything mind-controlling in the drug, no doubt his demon side would take care of it. Then again, she doubted there was such a thing that could trump Daiki's hardheadedness.

"I see." She clasped her hands behind her back, circled around Manami, but kept any observations she made to herself. "Yeah, well, before we start hunting for that sick psychotic pervert, how about you tell me where you're going to drop off your new girlfriend. You can't seriously expect to be dragging her along everywhere." And she did mean everywhere. Daiki had a tendency to move between the demon side and the human side like a kid playing hopscotch.