Jade blinked. "The Hunters are my servants." It was a simple answer, but only part of their importance. She took a deep breath and began to explain with a bit more depth.

"Hunters are humans with monster or... not-science ancestry. Before I took over the organization, they were used as tools by beings called the Council to protect only humans and kill anything... non-scientific they found. Under my rule, and they demanded I rule them after I tried to liberate them and give them freedom, they protect everyone who cannot protect themselves, both non-scientific and... scientific?" That sounded stupid, but they didn't have a word for magic. "They also fight against threats to the multiverse." A hint of warmth colored her voice.

"They are like a second family to me." She paused as she realized she was getting too personal. "I do not force them to take life-threatening missions. They have human rights, like the rights to find what partner they wish, the right to take leave for sickness, pregnancy, or psychological reasons. They have recreation areas, the best chefs I could hire, better medical care than I had growing up as the Empress's daughter, and they do not have to pay even a cent of their wages for anything offered officially through me, including housing."

She felt she was bragging, but she also felt she deserved to, a little bit. She was proud of what her Hunters had become, and how they protected everyone as best they could.

"I am still working on easing them from being nervous around me, but they are very old, some of them, and were trained to obey and fear by the Council." She paused thoughtfully. "If you would like, I may be able to allow one through to introduce to you by portal. He is one of the youngest, but one of the most social and eager to meet new people."

She of course realized that bringing her nephew would be... interesting. "I do warn, Nephew Kindall will try to flirt, perhaps excessively, though his lack of knowledge may be his undoing. I have another who is less eager to meet strangers, but Hunter Rare may know the local language, and she avoids causing mischief."

Last edited:
Never mind the offer to transport two more people to the realm of Civitatem Lucis, what in the name of reason was Jade talking about? Humans with monster and non-scientific ancestry? Non-scientific things? Perhaps she meant phenomena that could not be explained within the boundaries of current science, yet surely, she would have said that if she meant that... Or if she had looked up the word in the dictionary. It could be the case that she merely did not know ónic had a single word that she could have used in stead of that whole sentence because her native lacked such a word. It was still incredibly confusing, not to mention that Máté had to withstand the incomprehension that Two-Stars-Weeks-Away conveyed him. The soundmason, firmly rooted in the laws of physics and reality, had not even a concept of what those meant.

"We are afraid that we do not understand a part of your explanation about Hunters," said Máté after he had recovered from the vicious assault on his sanity along with the sheer impossibilities that he was suddenly faced with. "As we understand, they are now a voluntary peace-keeping force under your command who have chosen you as their next leader in favour of the oppressive Council that they had been ruled by." So far, so good. It was easy to understand why the Hunters would want to be treated as equal beings instead of mere servants who were there to do nothing but.... And there came the problems. Máté could comprehend the idea of trying to keep order in the multi-verse, especially if others were capable of travelling between universes.

"However," and here, Máté paused to withstand the protests of Two-Stars-Weeks-Away and to assure the soundmason that this was a perfectly logical inquiry, "We do not understand what you mean by the words non-scientific and not-science. Science is only a tool which is used to describe the world around us, so as such, it is impossible for there to be phenomena which are non-scientific. The only thing which we can concieve of is that you meant 'phenomena which can not be explained by the current standing of science', which would be the word tédésna in ónic." There was another pause so that Jade could let the new word sink in.

"Furthermore, we do not know how it would be possible for a monster and a human to bear children. By definition, a monster is an abomination of nature and we are certain that anything that might be described as a monster would come from another species. Therefore, we do not know how to interpret the Hunters that you describe. We would like to ask you that you further describe them in terms that we can understand." While he spoke, Máté wore a calm expression, but deep inside, he was a little troubled. What could be described as non-scientific and why did it bother him so much? Two-Stars-Weeks-Away was restless too; the soundmason was curious, yet it could not accept the existence of such things.

Jade stared a few moments. This would be... interesting. She let herself collect her thoughts, then nodded at the word given. "Yes, they are tédésna, but in English, we call them <magic> and <supernatural>. These forces appear to resist all attempts at comprehension, so it may go beyond tédésna." She gave them the English words, and a brief explanation of why she chose the strange words 'non-science' and 'non-scientific'. "The monsters are not-human, yes, but humans have a remarkable capability to interbreed with other species in other universes." There were many things about humans that she was certain Civitatem Lucis knew, but magic was clearly not one of them, because even if their world had it beyond a world spirit's existence, it was clear they had never studied it.

This was going to be difficult. If she could show them, that would help. It would make things a lot simpler.

She took a deep breath. These poor science-minded people were so advanced, but in this, they were in line with most anyone else in the multiverse. Magic left everyone confused, even those who thought themselves masters of the forces.

She paused, realizing how they defined a monster was quite different than her own. "As for a monster, the Hunters and I define it as 'a being who is not fully human and possesses unnatural traits that may or may not be capable of scientific exploration.' We do not consider them abominations because an abomination is a thing that should not exist." She looked at Máté. "I think it may be simpler to show than explain, but I will only do so with your consent."

The explanation did not help matters at all as it raised more questions than it answered. How could forces attempt to resist understanding? How was it possible for other species to interbreed with humans? Were they looking at a 'species problem'? Why were there two words for the same thing? The understanding of Two-Stars-Weeks-Away could only stare with glazed over eyes before it exploded into countless questions that made Máté wince visibly, so much that he was forced to spend several seconds to translate and reiterate what had been said in order to calm the soundmason down. It had been quite an ordeal and he was sure that Jade could feel the subtle shift in áratídéfil around her, not to mention that she would definitely be privy to his facial expression.

"We do not understand your explanation," said Máté after he had recovered from the shock that came from the bridge between human and soundmason realities. "We have never encountered a phenomenon that could not be explained using physical laws or logic, therefore, we do not know what you mean when you say that these phenomena seem to resist attempts at understanding them. We would also like to ask you how would it be possible for two different species to interbreed, given that the definition of species is that two different species can not produce viable offspring. Therefore, we would like to ask you to explain these phenomena in detail and to provide an explanation as to how what you are describing is possible."

This was oh so very strange for the Ruler and even more so for the soundmason, because it defied their understanding of reality right to its very core. To both of them, it seemed as if the very basis of sciences was being questioned or outright discarded in some instances, which would turn everything upside-down. If empiricism along with rationale could no longer be depended on when certain factors came into play, then what could? The thought was strong enough to send a subtle shiver though both Máté and Two-Stars-Weeks-Away as the consequences unraveled themselves.

Oh dear. Máté's wince spoke volumes, after how little he emoted thus far, and even she noticed a shift in the sensation of in the presence of the soundmason. She took a few moments to close her eyes and try to explain it in a way that the two could understand.

"In other universes, the other species have a unique genetic marker that allows the DNA of a human to combine with them. Fertility is lowered for such a pairing, but they gain a chance of giving birth to a hybrid of the two creatures in question. This does not work between two different types of non-humans, but only between a non-human and a human."

She spoke slowly, not to try to force understanding, but to allow her more time to put to words such a complex subject. "Different universes sometimes have different laws and logic. This leads to universes where gravity might function only part of the time, to universes where a person can use words and symbols to create matter from nothing."

She wanted to simply show them, to let them see what she meant, but she doubted either would respond well to such a thing.

If only she had an expert in the field... oh wait, that was Jade herself. If only words weren't hard.

The small woman looked to Máté to see if he and Two-Stars-Weeks-Away understood.

That helped very little as far as the Ruler was concerned and the soundmason was not able to parse how such a mechanism would work either, which resulted in more dialogue between the two of them that ultimately lead to nowhere. Certainly, both of them understood how different universes would operate under different laws of physics, but surely, those laws must be consistent there for life to exist and the universe itself to exist, too. But such an explanation suggested that there were places in which the laws of thermodynamics had been tossed aside as if they were nothing more than a dirtied rag, which had the soundmason react as Máté expected. It was not a pleasant feeling to withstand, but with great patience, he pushed through.

"We do not understand how such mechanisms would be possible between members of two different species," said Máté as he suppressed an urge to tap his forehead in frustration. "But we believe that you may be describing beings similar to Liber Et Deus, in which case attempts at explanation may be futile." At least that calmed down the soundmason a little bit, but it was still not an answer. Honestly, Máté wanted a little bit of a break from the constant interpretation, re-phrasing and mental arithmetic that he had to do in the previous few seconds, because so much had overloaded him completely. He was not used to bursts of this strength at all; however, it did not help that he too was trying to figure out how these things were possible.

"Liber Et Deus remains tédésna to this day," he said after he had taken a deep breath to clear his thoughts of the confusion. "But only because Civitatem Lucis had only ever encountered one instance. We do not understand how phenomena could remain tédésna despite extensive study or how it is possible to commit literal impossibilities." Because that is what this sounded like as Máté thought about it and that was frightening.

Jade nodded. It sounded like he was ready to drop that, and like they had no artistic works based on fantasy in this place. No novels about people embarking on adventure-

She paused.

They lost Tolkein.

She swallowed as she realized just how science-bound this culture was, that they had no word for magic, and no novels about fantastic impossibilities.

She leaned back in her chair. The source of the problem was a loss of the sense of fantasy. That was the price they paid for advancing so far, and they didn't even seem to notice. Even growing up around the fantastic, she still dreamed in terms of beautiful impossibility, when her dreams were pleasant. Did they?

She closed her eyes as she tried to come to terms with this idea before she opened her eyes again. Meeting her mother and the others of Base and HQ was going to be very difficult if they could not understand the idea of the impossible existing. For now, she decided to drop it. Her mind drifted to family, and a few pinhole portals appeared as she thought about how to warm them that the impossible was fairly commonplace in her home, even if the technology was low comparatively.

Jade jumped as she heard a voice call her name from one of the pinholes.

"Jade?"

Her cheeks reddened, and she closed the portals, then looked to Máté. "I apologize. Sometimes when I think of my family, portals open without my noticing."

While Jade was immersed in her thoughts, so was Máté and the more he conversed with Two-Stars-Weeks-Away, the worse the situation became. The soundmason unravelled connections that he would not even have thought before, ripples that Jade could cause with her presence and it was not like they could banish her. She belonged to a strain of humanity, even though they came from different universes, but he would have never thought that for some reason, her universe would allow for the existence of the impossible. But maybe it was not so bad. Maybe if it was investigated further, then the reasons that Jade or her people could not discern would open themselves easily to Civitatem Lucis. There was no reason to think so, yet Máté had to put his hope into that possibility.

"We have not been insulted and there is no reason for us to be angry at accidents," said Máté after he had recovered from the shock of it all. "However, if it is possible, we would like to recieve the most detailed explanation you can provide about these phenomena named 'magic' and 'supernatural'. We understand that it will take a long time to compile a database about them, so we do not wish for it immediately. We firmly believe that Civitatem Lucis will be able to analyse and categorise these phenomena according to its own systems, then form an adequate explanation for them." Now that he had made an acceptable decision, the Ruler seemed visibly calmer than before. Of course, the phenomena Jade described would undoubtedly cause an uproar in the scientific community... but it would be just that.

Because there must be a rational explanation for them. They could not be literal impossibilities, because then, the universe's physical laws did not hold true and perhaps, nor did the laws of logic. They had to conform to specific rules even if those rules were incredibly strange by the standards of Civitatem Lucis; for this was not the world of fiction where tédésna could be explained or even harnessed. Nor was this the world of art where the surreal, contradictory and impossible was possible.

Jade nodded. They were willing to learn, which was a benefit for them. "I will do my best, but you assume correctly that it will take time. For now, I can release Hunter records to you of the phenomena they have observed and attempted to classify. Is is in physical format." She tapped her notepad. "Ink on paper."

Sure, it was physical medium, but it was the most compatible format for others to read, given the language and technological barriers.

"I can also provide Earth-based cultural artifacts, which may help explain the sense of 'magic'. If our histories are at all similar before the year 2000 C.E., they likely existed on your Earth also." This would give them more cultural information than she ever could, if she selected the right media. One popular modern-day fiction, some Tolkien, some Terry Pratchett... maybe some non-fiction as well, to round it out.

Pokemon?

Hell, why not.

She pondered a few moments longer. "I have several in mind that I would like to give you. They are popular in my time and universe."

Ink... on paper. Máté had to process those words for a second because that method had been not used for so long that the words for both of those were obscure in ónic, reserved mostly for museum tours of the few ancient relics that they saved from the incredibly early days of Civitatem Lucis. Such things were abandoned a long time ago in the favour of holographic displays or memory slates if one had to do without the presence of electricity and processing information from paper would no doubt take an extremely long time even for a soundmason. It was not desirable at all to put it mildly, but if that was the format these observations were recorded in, they would have to do. Because Civitatem Lucis had to make sense of what appeared to be absolute nonsense.

The mention of cultural artifacts from old Earth was much better recieved, of course. The curiousity of Two-Stars-Weeks-Away immediately focused on Jade along with the strange things that she could bring from what could be their shared heritage. Even if it was not, such artifacts could give Civitatem Lucis reliable informatin on what life could have been like such a long time ago.
"We will be grateful for any information that you can give us and we are sure that the historians of Civitatem Lucis will appreciate the cultural artifacts that you present," said Máté smoothly after he had recovered from the shock of ink on paper. Ink on paper! He still could not quite believe it. "If you are interested, we will be happy to share the works of our people with yours to make for a more even exchange. We have many cultural works that are held in high esteem by our society."

"We also have another question for you. You had mentioned that the Hunters fight against threats in the multi-verse and that you are their leader. Does this mean that you are also the head of a multiversal peace-keeping organisation? We ask because if such an orginasation exists, then we would like to pursue friendly relationships with them as well. Though they may not fall under the umbrella of humanity, we believe that we speak for Civitatem Lucis when we say that a relationship between peace-keepers and Civitatem Lucis would only benefit us both." Which was just a really fancy way of saying that if such an organisation existed, then Máté had no intention of accidentally or intentionally ending up on their bad side. After all, there was no telling what sort of technologies and mysteries lurked in the multiverse that could potentially bring an end to Civitatem Lucis.

Jade was glad the mention of cultural artifacts interested them. Her toes curled in her shoes, and she realized that her legs felt heavy. How long had she been sitting? "Yes, I think it would be beneficial to take part in a cultural exchange. It will help people understand each other more easily, I believe." The small woman stood to stretch her legs, then paused at the mention of Hunters.

She quietly pondered his words before she answered. "Yes. Hunters are peace-keepers within the Multiverse, and I am their leader." She closed her eyes as she thought over how best to phrase that, by not being a civilization of assholes, they were already considered 'on friendly terms'.

"As far as the relationship between Civitatem Lucis and the Hunters goes, you are already considered 'under our protection', so the relationship is inherently friendly." That seemed about right. Perhaps abrupt, though? "Any group of individuals is considered friendly for us, provided they do not act aggressively outside of the need for survival. The definition is loose, because what is 'good' and 'bad' is relative, and there are two sides to every conflict." She bent one leg behind herself slowly until the sole of her boot nearly touched her rear, and then put it down to stretch the other before she sat again, the gravity turning such a simple stretch into something more intense for her small body.

"I realize my words indicate that Civitatem Lucis is perhaps beneath the Hunters, but that is only because the current relationship is protector and protected, rather than a mutual relationship. I do agree that a relationship based on more than that aspect would benefit both sides, and would be happy to pursue that.

Something poked at Jade's side, and she tried to ignore it.

There was not a single sign of surprise on Máté's face or within the feeling that enveloped Jade like a blanket when the small woman had said that they were under protection, though the Ruler had to admit it was a pretty loose criteria for what was considered to be worthy of protection. He was not surprised that a multi-versal organisation would consider itself to be above Civitatem Lucis either and while that did not mitigate the slight twinge that told him to feel at least a little insulted, it was difficult to become angry when one knew that an organisation that protects an unimaginably huge space was likely countless times larger than this place. Not to mention more advanced, though there were some subtle signs that pointed to this hypothesis being wrong as Two-Stars-Weeks-Away pointed it out. In the end, though, the man dismissed them as irrelevant to the current conversation.

"In case you would like to see sites of cultural and historical significance in Civitatem Lucis, we will clear you and your escorts for uninterrupted interstellar travel," replied Máté with a simple suggestion as he would most definitely not be offended if Jade chose to skip on those, but at the same time, he had no reason to discourage her exploration either. "However, a great deal of our most significant monuments are quite distant from Abevr unless you are interested in local history. As for the Hunters, we will have to seek out the opinions of others to make final judgements on the matter, but Civitatem Lucis mostly acts in self-defence so we do not believe that we will come into conflict if your policies are so simple." Truth to be told, that mostly depended on what they considered 'reacting aggressively outside the need for survival'.

Which in turn translated to Máté hoping that they would understand to wipe out every rahn'fehr fleet they spotted with an observatory as soon and as far away from their star systems as possible.

Jade nodded to both statements in turn. "Understood." She closed her eyes, a way to shift conversation topics in her mind. "And I would enjoy visiting the sites you mentioned. There is much about your civilization that draws my curiosity. There is much I do not know, and even more I do not yet know that I do not yet know." She paused as she realized the accidental cultural reference she made, but continued. Without a doubt, they did not listen to Welcome to Night Vale.

"I would like to visit both major and local sites, and learn all I can, though I realize that is unrealistic to do right away." She offered a brief smile to indicate she knew she was being overly eager.

once more she felt the poke at her side, and this time ground against it with her arm as subtly as she could, only to feel it dig in more sharply.

"We hope that you enjoy yourself during your journey." It seemed that Jade's desire to learn of Civitatem Lucis was probably just as intense as the desire of Civitatem Lucis to learn of her, a quality that was to be admired. Perhaps the questionable qualities of leadership that Máté had been presented with so far were more errors or personal disagreements, which served to alleviate the Ruler's concerns about what his people would find on the other side of a connection to a universe or a multi-verse... If they decided to pursue the latter. There were already enough threats to deal with in this universe for Civitatem Lucis, but this presented a whole new thing that they had no idea about prior to this encounter with Jade. Speaking of which, Two-Stars-Weeks-Away had a question.

"We would like to ask if it is possible for a civilization to move between universes and if the personal ability to do so is common in your experience," said Máté, his eyes focusing on Jade who seemed to have been a little uncomfortable for the previous few minutes. Perhaps a short break would be in order soon so that she could rest a little. "We understand if there is no hard data on these occurences that you can reliably trust, but we would nevertheless like to know if we should be prepared for encounters of a similar nature in the future." Though this would be the first recorded occurence of an inter-universe traveller appearing here during the thousands-of-years long history of Civitatem Lucis, there was no reason to presume that it would not be the last. Nor was it a reason to assume that every one of them would go as well as this one.

It was a good question. Jade closed her eyes. "Hunters move with some degree of freedom between universes, or can once they know its coordinates. Besides that, there are individuals called 'Hoppers' who are managed by my father and I, whose role to travel between worlds. Their role is... complex, but important. They arrive only when sent or if they have a permanent way to travel to a place they have already been."

She hoped that description made sense.

"Besides Hoppers and Hunters, there are Unifiers. Unifiers are an organization that tries to merge all universes into one. It is wise to oppose them, because attempts to do so will destroy the entirety of the multiverse. They... do not realize this, and are searching to create their 'promised land'."

If Jade indeed viewed Civitatem Lucis as a friendly nation, then there was obviously little to fear about the Hunters and Hoppers who moved between the various universes, not to mention that if she was truthful about the principles of the organisation, they would likely not interfere with their way of life. The latter individuals mentioned, however, were a cause for concern. Máté had no reason to believe that Jade was lying about the nature of the multi-verse when she spoke of these individuals, therefore they had every single right to oppose the Unifiers' strange and insane scheme. The whole thing reminded him too much of the rahn'fehr along with what little humanity knew of them, which was not a favourable trait given their ability to travel across universes.

"We would like to know if these Unifiers require entry to a certain universe in order to further their attempts and what measures may be employed to stop them," said the Ruler without hesitation. "We appreciate any information about them that you can share with us and in the case it is not something that is to be shared without recompense," though honestly, Máté thought that it was nonsensical to put a price on something that might be a threat to the existence of all possible universes along with their inhabitants, "we are sure that the people of Civitatem Lucis will be ready to negiotiate the terms of data exchange." Especially if their logic was as unfounded as the records seemed to indicate. According to the information he just pulled, a promised land was a concept of early humanity that was established in one of the books they managed to save from their history.

Said book seemed to reference a cruel and callous, impossible being who had supposedly created the universe and demanded blind obedience in exchange for said 'promised land'. Such deals could never end well.

"Unfortunately, they do not require access to a universe to cause problems, but they currently have lost access to their most harmful technology and-" Right, they didn't like the word magic... "Unusual abilities." She closed her eyes. "I recently fought a war against them and won, and destroyed most of their weaponry and capabilities, but they possess technology and abilities that can prevent my involvement in a universe. The fact I am here means they are not, and as long as the capability to travel between universes exists within yours, you are safe from their influence, and I will be monitoring to ensure your continued safety."

She paused. "The quickest way to eliminate them from your universe on your own is to call for me in a very obvious way. They are not unstoppable, but most of the time, they try to make denizens want to side with them before making a move, and if it is clear you oppose them, they will either leave or come with guns, and..." She trailed off. "If your weapons kept your people safe from the ones who attacked earth, I have confidence they can do so against the Unifiers, who will not try to destroy a planet's ability to support life."

There wasn't much to say, honestly. They had appeared only in brief flashes to her since the war, and fled any time a Hunter approached them, but if they regrouped and gained more members, or gained Civitatem Lucis as allies, then there would be another war...

And even with the help of her mother's army and ships, she felt certain that she would lose against Civitatem Lucis. Their technology was beyond any she had seen so far, and they had not even shown her their weapons.

That was a mixed bag. On the one hand, the Unifiers could disrupt the workings of Civitatem Lucis or do damage to it indiscriminately. On the other hand, if they have been soundly defeated, then there was little reason to worry about whatever they may do. It still was unpleasant, though to not be able to defend against a threat which apparently had weapons that could cross universes, but then, something occured to Máté. Now that the theory of multiple universes was proven to be correct, not to mention that they had on their hands someone who could cross from one universe to another, 'Mind' was sure to start working on the problem full-time, which in turn would mean that his people would not be restricted to a single universe for the purposes of defence.

It would not be an easy task, but then neither was surviving the rahn'fehr invasion.

"The fleets of Civitatem Lucis do not engage the rahn'fehr often," said Máté in response to Jade's statement that they would have no trouble stopping the Unifiers if they could defeat their only enemies besides themselves so far. "Out last engagement with them was fifty-seven years ago, so we do not know how we would fare against their technology now. However, we are grateful for your protection against the Unifiers. At the same time, we would appreciate any data you have on this organisation, because they seem very dangerous." The parallel between these two got more uncanny the more Máté thought about it. Perhaps it was intense paranoia on his part, as the rahn'fehr would never spare a popluated planet, but it was like these two had been in cahoots.

Of course, Two-Stars-Weeks-Away rejected the idea of that firmly. As illogical the rahn'fehr were, surely they would also realise the foolishness of trying to merge universes together, especially those which had different physical laws... And it was at this point that Máté came to a realisation that made him freeze on his throne.

Civitatem Lucis had no way of knowing if the rahn'fehr had developed technology to travel between universes.

"I will gather the information I possess and deliver it to you." Jade agreed. She'd have to learn how to record things here. Probably some form of computer, like the search engine to which she'd been granted access earlier. She paused as she noticed Máté grow very still, and tilted her head. "Is something amiss, Ruler Máté?" He was hard to read, but most people were for Jade unless they emoted very obviously. So far, she'd gotten a few moments of shock or surprise from Máté that she knew of, and the strange sensation here seemed to shift.

It was nothing like the clear emoting from her parents or employees.

The cultural differences were daunting. Frustration wasn't a growl or hands thrown in the air. Frustration was a tap to the head, like someone was scolding themselves for forgetting a pencil, and she was sure there were more differences, too in how people emoted.

In response to Jade's question, Máté raised his hand to his throat, cradling his windpipe to present a mixture of discomfort along with fear. Even with the influence of the soundmason steadying him, it took him a couple of seconds to regain his composure from the sheer implications of that single thought because though the rahn'fehr fleets could be defeated, there was no telling what they could do across more than one universe. It was honestly frightening, especially because Jade's reality was likely not as advanced as his with it being earlier in the timeline of human advancement. The history books of Civitatem Lucis made a large point of illustrating the helpless nature of the early battles, both to illustrate the impossibility of their victory and to point out how far they have come since then.

"I... I fear that the rahn'fehr may be in possession of technology to travel between universes," he said as he withdrew his hand from his throat, clearly speaking for himself right now rather than Two-Stars-Weeks-Away or both of them. "Civitatem Lucis has very little data on rahn'fehr technology, all of which is inconclusive, so it is impossible to say what they can do." It was a real concern. If those insane things got out there, spread themselves across the many universes of the cosmos, there was no telling what they would do. It was a deeply unsettling thought, especially as there was nothing his people could do against it, because the bastards have learned much from the latest engagement.

"The most important thing that you have to know about the rahn'fehr is that they are insane and unpredictable," continued Máté after a brief pause that he used to pull information up on them in case Jade wanted to see the details for herself. "And if they have set foot in other universes, they must be stopped before they can complete their goal or better yet, before they set foot. Luckily, I do not think they would ally themselves with the Unifiers, but they are a great threat." That much was obvious from how Máté spoke. Despite the language barrier, not to mention the different pitches along with the unknown gestures, he was clearly shaken at the implications of it all.