Grandma's Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin took yet another deep breath as he looked into the crowd. No more waiting. Now was his time. He closed his eyes and let his fingers slide across the neck of his guitar. His right hand felt their way to the strings, and they began strumming a tune he hoped most of the crowd would find familiar. As he got further into the song, he grew calm, and it wasn't long until he was in his own little world.

"Girl, just let your hair down
Let's paint the whole town
Life is our playground, yeah
But I'm not a kid no more
So I must open doors and make you feel like the lady you are
My momma raised me to be classy, not flashy
I'm happy to please you
Though I can tell that's not what you're used to"
He peeked from his world of music and into the crowd. It looked like they were liking it. He grinned softly and glanced over at Kelly, who was talking to someone. "Oh," he thought simply. He almost felt hurt at the sight of her paying attention to someone else during his performance. Shaking his head, he quickly continued. The show just go on, right? But... Who was that guy?

Then, there was shattering, and violence. The music stopped and all attention drew to the two. Justin dropped his guitar and prepared to help, despite the fact he hadn't really fought... Ever. However, he saw the gun, and so did the crowd. All eyes were on them, and even a few of the though guys prepared to follow the other guy outside.

Justin watched and worried, his eyes on Kelly from the stage.

Kelly came back into the pub and noticed everyone was staring

"Oh god I'm so sorry everyone, that uh that was an issue that needed to be resolved but it's fine now, all fine. Please Justin, go on." Almost whimpering she went back behind the counter and replaced the gun to its hideaway and she leaned her elbows on the counter and watched him as he picked up his quite once more and began singing again. He was such a lovely singer and the song, dear god, it was like he picked it just for her.

Reactions: Annabella <3
"Uh..." He said awkwardly. "Yeah," he laughed. "I think I'll sing something a little more hype... Just don't laugh at me guys," He said jokingly, to which the crowd chuckled softly. Good. He was starting to give himself some personality. Then, his fingers went to work. And when his lips parted, the lyrics that followed caught some people off guard.

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting throught the wind
Wanting to start again

Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in

Do you ever feel already buried deep
Six feet under scream
But no one seems to hear a thing

Do you know that there's still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July"

He laughed a little in between lines, but the audience clapped along. He looked down to Kelly with a face begged her to sing with him.

Rolling her eyes Kelly begins to sing quietly behind the bar. This is one of her favorite songs, she knows very word. Bobbing her head up and down to the beat she looks at Justin with a smiling, no way in hell im getting up there, look. Continuing to watch him strum on his guitar her phone buzzes in her pocket, looking down its an unknown number. Shaking her head she put it on the counter and turned it on silent.

Moments later her phone lights up, same number trying to call her now. What the hell? Who are you? In her head Kelly goes through all her contacts and tried to think if anyone got a new phone lately, but there are none. Turning her focus back to Justin she smiles and watches his mouth while he sings, his smiling when they meet eyes and what not.

"The crowd loves you.." she says whispering to herself out loud

He laughed a little more, finishing the song with a rather "soulful" ending. The crowd cheered for him, whistles and whoops flying from the large group of people. He took a bow and found his way off stage, placing his guitar against the counter as he sat on one of the stools. "How'd I do?"

He looked back to the people, who all were engulfed in their own conversations yet again. He felt like a lot of them were about him. Turning back to her, he grinned larger than before. "I think they liked it..."

Kelly smiled and leaned across the bar planting a kiss on his cheek quickly, making sure first that no one was looking. Returning to her position behind the bar cleaning glasses she laighed.

"You did wonderfully and I know they loved it." Suddenly her smiled faded and she didn't meet his eyes. "I'm sorry about the interruption awhile ago. I keep telling him to leave me alone but he refuses. Next time I'll just call the cops straight up..." her voice petered off a litel and she sniffed slightly. It wasn't often she got so worked up about something but Antonio was driving her crazy.

He blushed softly at the kiss as he shifted in his seat. "Thanks," he said with a smile, his eyes glancing at her hands washing the glasses and then back up to her face.

"It's fine... Who is he?" He said in a concerned tone, his brows furrowed now. Justin saw the distress in her face, and he wanted to make it go away.

Not meeting his eyes she said quietly, "he's nothing but a huge mistake I made in college two years ago and now he refuses to leave me alone. I want to move on with my life and my heart but every time I try he just pops back in again." Putting down a glass she mixed a drink for someone then continued as she replaced the bottle of vodka to the shelf behind her. "I'very tried to get restraining orders but it has been denied both times I tried for lack of evidence of him stalking me although evidence was clear..."

image.jpg

Sitting alone at a booth in the bar, Rose took a sip from her Jack & Coke and pushed her glasses to the top of her head. She stared into her book she was reading and glanced often at the guitarist. She loved the music and listened intently to the lyrics of the performer. She placed her book facedown on the table swishing the ice in her cold glass, waiting for the song to end. "He seems sweet and genuine. I bet girls are falling in love with his lyrics as we speak. Ha! Love is a joke. I bet the girl he wrote them for is sitting riiiight in front eating up his words." she said sarcastically and giggling while taking a big swig of her drink.

Rose was sarcastic and wasn't into the whole romance game. After having a bad engagement breakup, she refused to open up herself again and letting someone in. She often joked about others love life and relationships, but knowing deep down that she still secretly yearns for it. Still in her work clothes, Rose manages to spill her drink onto her red buttoned up blouse. "Oh, great.. good job Rose.. now you smell like a drunk.." she mumbled sarcastically to herself as she quickly grabbed a nearby handkerchief and wiped the alcohol off her shapely chest.

Embarrassed from the incident, Rose stood up to adjust her tight black pencil shaped skirt that outlined her curvy shape and reached into her purse to leave a tip for the waiter. She walked to the entrance door, not realizing that she had left her Pride and Prejudice book at the table too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.