Grandma's Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
She Laughed. "What a big hotshot like you can't handle that?" Walking passed the curtains to the back of the stage they came upon a small curve in the wall that had a door with a star on it. Opening the door she showed him the counter and the stool, very little furniture in the room.

"Well its not much, but it's yours..." turning she accidently placed her hand on his chest and blushed hard. "Oops sorry" smiling she left the small room and stood back on the stage flipping on the spot lights.

"Hotshot? Me? No." he said humbly, waving a hand at her in a shoo-ing manner. As they made it to the room, he peeked inside, and the sight almost reminded him of his own. "It's cool. I like it. I'll spice it up a little more if I get the money to."

He blinked a few times as she turned into him, her hand landing on his chest. A soft blush formed on his cheeks, but not as bad as hers. "I-It's alright," he said with a slight laugh. He glanced at the room once more before following after her.

As he stepped through the pub, he felt awkwardly at home. It's almost as if he knew he'd be accepted here. His heart skipped a beat at the thought of having friends and living a fun life. And this cute, quirky girl was the start of it. "I think I might like it here," he said softly.

I think I might like having you. Kelly almost said it out loud but stopped he self and simply said, "good, you start tomorrow night at 9, that's set up time and rehersal." Handing him her personal phone number she just shrugged nervoulsy. "Uh t-text me if you need anything before then okay?

"Tomorrow at nine, right," he said reassuringly. "Is there anything I'll need to bring?" He looked down to the paper with her number and smiled softly. "Yeah... I'll text you." Though she probably could figure it out, he was going to text her either way. He awkwardly shifted and pointed at the door, slipping the paper in his pocket. "I guess I'll uh... See you later?"

"Just bring your guitar and that charming smile of yours and you'll be set." She looked deep into his eyes for a moment and the happiness in her own reflected there, she really hoped this all worked out. Sticking her hand out for him to shake she said simply, "Tomorrow, until then."

After he shook it and left she was alone in the bar and started to do a little happy dance. Not only did she catch a musician, the musician was a catch! Laughing out loud she began scrubbing off the bar and looked at the time, it was only roughly noon and she had a whole day and a half before she saw him again. Well maybe he'll text me even I'd he doesn't need something, I hope so.

The doors of the pub opened and closed for hours that night as people came in and out of Whistler Creek and Kelly served over 100 drinks from the bar. It was only Wednesday night and usually it was pretty slow but for some reason the pub filled with people. Amber, Kelly's only other employee, was swamped working alongside Kelly and flirted with all the hot young drunkerds that came up to the bar. Kelly ignored them all with simple lines like, "it's rude to stare" or "there ain't no sugar for you in this shaker of mine". All she could think about that night after they closed down the pub and sent everyone home was Justin.

Her apartment lay just atop the pub and as she layed in her bed that night she wondered what he was doing. Her phone hadn't buzzed all night and she was a little sad about it to be honest.

Reactions: TakTheTaco
"Will do," he said with the same smile she told him to bring. He shook her hand and stared into her eyes as well, a glistening future shining in his sight. "See 'ya later."

With that, he left, and on his walk home, he pulled his guitar from his back and began strumming up a tune. He cleared his throat and let out a soft, "Isn't she lovely?" He laughed softly before continuing the song.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The day went by slow for Justin; he had been helping his old man move some stuff around, and for the rest of the day, they had played some old tunes. They reminisced, joked, and stared out at the moon as they sat on the porch. He had told his granpda about Kelly and her offer, and he seemed excited about it, but moreso for the girl instead of the money. It almost confused him.

It wasn't long since his grandpa had been asleep, and it was as he changed his clothes he saw his phone, and then the number. With no hesitation, he texted.

"Hey, it's Justin."

Her buzzing phone woke Kelly form the daze she had been drifting into. She promised herself she wouldn't fall asleep during this episode of Grey's Anatomy, but her somewhat rude awakening told her otherwise. Rubbing her eyes she yawned and it broke into a smile as she picked up her phone to see Justin had messaged her.

"Hey, it's Kelly. :) well obviously lol"

She texted back and shifted in her bedsheets. She had a feeling that tonights episode was going to be about an love interest....

Justin grinned, leaning back in the rocking chair that sat on the front porch. The stars glistened above him , but it was dark enough for him to see his phone well. His thumbs tapped softly on the screen as he smiled, glad that she was still awake.

"I'd hope so. Lol What's up??"

A soft, calm sigh escaped his lips as he glanced up at the sky. It was pretty tonight. Kinda reminded him of someone...

Biting her lip Kelly tapped back,

"Well I was having a pleasant dream about this handsome guy I met recently. And then, ya know what? I was awoken by said guy..."

She smiled and thought about his chest, the rigid muscles and the skin tight shirt he had been wearing. He must be so strong from all the work he does with his hands with his grandfather.

Justin chuckled, his heart filling with a sense of joy. Did she just... Flirt with him?

"Well, that guy must be cool, huh?"

He shifted in his seat, blushing softly. Someone like her thinking he's good looking... He should've been looking for work way earlier.

Rubbing her eyes the sun filtered through her blinds as Kelly rolled over and smacked her annoying alarm clock to snooze. She saw her phone on the night stand and bit her lip. Dammit! The firat night he texted me and I fell asleep on him, way to go Kelly!

She sighed and got out of bed, her shorts and oversized tee shirt wrinkled and her hair a mess. Walking into the bathroom she undressed and was about to step into the shower when she texted him.

"Hey sorry about last night. I didn't mean to blow you off or anything I just was worked like a dog athat the pub and was so tired I could barely see straight. I'm really sorry" she put down the phone and opened the shower door.

"Oh and good morning :)" she added. Now she was satisfied and hopped into the shoulder. Her shoulder length brown hair turning black in the water and herror skin shimmering in the reflection of the lights. She bsgan to sing quietly as her cat Bailey came wondering into the bathroom and hopped onto the counter, staring at her promptly, his face very "you haven't fed me yet dimwitt" and his white siamese paws twitching in irritation.

Smirking Kelly got out of the shower and wrapped herself in robe, careful to slip her phone into her robe pockdt, in case Justin texted her while she was feeding Bailey.

The night found itself rolling past Justin, and he spent most of the time reading his books until he fell asleep a late in the night. He awoke to his grandpa shaking him gently, "You alright, Jussie? You fell alseep on the porch again; you haven't done that since..."

"Yeah, I'm alright, Grandpa. I just wanted to catch some fresh air and I fell asleep." He stood up with a smile and patted the older man's shoulders. "You need anything?"

"I'm fine, my boy. Now get cleaned up, don't you have a performance to get to?"

"Yes, sir. I'll be right at it," he said with a salute and a chuckle. With that, he walked off to the bathroom, checking his phone. It was 1:00PM... Did he fall asleep on Kelly? Quickly, he unlocked his phone and went to his messages. "Whew," he said gleefully.

He read her text and replied as he entered his bathroom, "it's cool. I know the feeling of being tired. Wanna catch a bite to eat before the pub opens?? And goodmorning to you too, beautiful"

He placed his phone on the counter and tossed his clothes to the side after undressing, exposing his skin to the cool air of the bathroom. He jumped in the shower, and as the water ran down his back and caught in his hair, he thought. He thought about the money he'd make, the opportunities he'd be given, but the thing that popped into his mind the most was the girl. Kelly. She was so cute. And kind. But she obviously had a side of her that wasn't too happy. And the fact there was so much more to learn about her made him want to see her more than he did.

Reactions: BookDragon
Kelly felt her phone buzz against her thigh as she brushed her teeth. Pulling it out she read it and blushed, he called her beautiful.

"Well I'd be an idiot no to want to eat a guy like you :)" she hit send and then reread the message. Shit shit shit oops! Dammit Kelly! Almost smacking herself she sent another one, "lol typo, I meant eat with a guy like you haha, ignore me. Anyways where will we go? I can meet you somewhere?"

Pulling on her skinny jeans she laced up her high top converse and slipped on a Muppets tee shirt, she loved the muppets. Checking herself in the mirror again she locked her apartment door and slid down the oak Bannister that led into the pub below. Smiling to herself she twirled her keys in her hand and took a good look at the place, it really was beginning to be the lively place her father had always wanted it to be. Running her hand along the counter she came to the engraving at the furthest end that said, "dedicated to my beautiful Kelly". Her father had dedicated the pub to her mother, Kelly the first. Smiling Kelly knew that in his dying days, herrors father had meant it to be meaningful for his wife as well as his only child.

Justin found his phone giving off a periodic blink that notified him he had a message as he stepped from the shower. He dried his hair and threw on some jeans and socks, stepping to the counter to get his phone. He picked it up and unlocked it, the message Kelly sent popping up instantly. He smiled. Then he laughed. He honestly would've missed the typo, but it was actually kinda cute. He pressed his thumbs against the screen softly as he replied, "I know a place not far from where we met. We can meet up there again if you want?"

He slipped his phone into his pocket and tossed on a pair of sneakers, jumping into a Linkin Park T-Shirt and throwing a button-up shirt over it, but he left it open. He tried to tame his hair, but it frizzed up and looked like some mess a girl would call "cute".

He grabbed his guitar and strapped it across his back, making his way out the door and stopping to talk to his grandpa. "Hey, I'm gonna head out. You need anything?"

"I'm fine. Try to bring back some milk, though," the older man said calmly, peeking up from an old book he had from a while.

"Got'cha," Justin said. "Love 'ya!" And with that, he walked off.

"Okay let's meet at the cafe where we got drinks yestersay. It's my favorite."

Kelly responded quickly as she threw on her leather coat and left the pub, locking it behind her. Even though it was August, it was still a little chilly in Richton this year. Strangely it seemed to have been a very cold year, even the summer had been mild and short which was odd for this part of the country.

Making her way down to the Italian place she got a table for two and ordered a piña colada, her favorite, and began sipping on it, her phone laid on the table in case he messaged her back. She sipped her drink and thought about Justin, he was so very handsome. She imagined his hard jawline and wide shoulders, picturing them on her bed.... wait what? No kelly, take it easy, you just met him. Maybe in time you will see him in that position but for now, he's a client and a friend. That's all.

Shaking her head she tapped her fingers nervously on the table as she waited for him.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Justin slipped his hands in his pockets as he stopped at the corner where they had first met, pulling out his phone to find that she wanted to meet at the one cafe they stopped at yesterday. He glanced up from his phone and made his way down the street, unable to wipe the smile from his face.

He thought of Kelly on his way there. She was beautiful. He questioned if he had met a girl as amazing as her, and there was one. But he was 13 and she was quite a... "witch", he'd always say. He never understood teen love, especially in the early stages. But this... This was different. New. He was 20, and though he didn't know much about being with a girl, he knew the difference between thinking a girl's cute and having a crush. He bit his lip as he realized how he felt about her. It was early in their friendship, yeah, but people can't control who they like, can they?

He couldn't decide if it was her eyes that caught him or the kind, beautifully straightforward tone that escaped those lips of hers. Was it the way her hips swayed when she walked? Her independence? Her opportunity for him to make... Money? He paused and thought about his original mission. He wasn't supposed to be falling this girl. He was supposed to be getting the house back.

Justin shook his head, "I... I can have fun while I make things right, right?"

He looked for her as he entered the cafe, his eyes lighting up when he did. "Hey," he smiled.

Lifting her blue eyes they met his and a smile spread across Kelly's face, her eyes warm and pleasurable. Standing she embraced him, her arms around his neck and her body pressed hard up against his, it was almost like they fit lock and key. She breathed in his warm scent and closed her eyes.

God he smells like heaven.. I could stay like this fore- her eyes shooting open she pushed away from him suddenly. "Oh my god! I'm so s-sorry I don't know w-what came over m-me... forgive me." Her cheeks as red as her tee shirt she say back down and stirred her drink nervously.

Stupid stupid stupid! What the hell was that! Ugh you're an idiot Kelly, now he thinks you're terribly clingy and want to move too fast plus he probably doesn't even like you! Frowning deeply she sighed and tried to act like she wasn't mortified.

His eyes grew a bit wide as she wrapped her arms around him. He was a bit confused, but her affection made him... Happy. He slowly moved to wrap his arms around her, but she pulled away, and he almost stumbled to the floor as a result.

Confused, he chuckled, "It's fine... Don't worry about it! If you wanted a hug..."

Justin leaned forward and hugged her. Tight. Like best friends, or even closer relationships, would. He closed his eyes spoke softly, "Now was that hard?" He felt his heart pounding a little; this embrace... Was different. It was friendly, but as if it had potential to be more.

Kelly's heart jumped about a foot into her throat and she couldn't say anything as he hugged her hard. His body was warm and firm, yet almost loving. She wanted nothing more in the world to stay in that moment forever, she wanted so much more. She wanted to learn his past, his darkest secrets. What makes him laugh, cry, angry... his favorite food. Everything.

Rubbing his back slowly she inhaled once again and took in his earthly scent, like the smell of a pine forest in the early morning. Breaking the hug she smiled and blushed.

"Well I guess it wasn't that hard... and I'd love to do it again sometime... or all the time haha." She quietly said as they took their seats. Ordering a ceaser salad and a water to go with her alcohol she smiled and waited for him to order. Man, I wonder if he kisses as well as he hugs? Hmmm maybe I'll get to find out sometime.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Justin let out a soft, relaxed sigh as he pulled away slowly, "I think people are looking." He laughed awkwardly and looked to those who decided to check out the little scene. The hug made him feel like he had something to hold... Something to protect. It's been a while since he felt that way, and honestly, he felt right feeling like this toward her. He liked her, truth be told, despite he'd only met her yesterday. It wasn't wise, sure, but that didn't matter. He figured he'd put reason, and knowledge, and experiece behind his feelings. He'd get to know her. First by mind, then by body, and one day, by soul.

"Yeah," he laughed softly. "I mean, hugs are good. Whenever you need one, I'm here." He spoke with a tone that didn't give away the intensity of his attraction to her; that'd be... A bit early.

Justin ordered a glass of soda, and that was it; he wasn't too hungry. And he made sure it was coke. After the waiter walked off, he looked to her with a grin. "So, how was business at the pub yesterday?"

Status
Not open for further replies.