Grand Quest Offline (Still Accepting)

:( It's a shame to see someone leave before the IC starts. Still, I guess I am excited that the IC is now starting.

:( It's a shame to see someone leave before the IC starts. Still, I guess I am excited that the IC is now starting.
Yea, she was having a hard time understanding the game system.

Its a shame to, she was nice, but I can understand, I may not have made it that easy to make a character XD

Just putting this in here in case the 8 person thing happens or the 6th person is a no show
Name: Nao Ryuu
In game name: RedEyedHunder
Appearance in real life: He looks like a normal guys straight out of college, messy and longish black hair from spending too much time in the RRG and forgot to get a hair cut, his lower half of his face covered with stubble from not shaving. The top half still worse, his dull blue eyes had dark lines under them, he always looked a mess, no job just living off his rich parents money in return he had to visit them that was the only time he every shaved. He mainly wore a t-shirt and shorts around the house.
History: He grew up in a rich family he was an only child, but unlike most his family built there money from the ground up so they treated him as a normal parent would. He had to earn any toys he wanted giving him the drive he has to work for what wants (in game of course.) He began playing RPGs from a young age, he grew up on classics that came before his parents, he enjoyed the first of the final fantasy, Pokemon and Legend of Zelda that he played on consoles that his parent's parents had. Getting into the fantasy genre and hearing that the RRG was being release he worked hard to earn enough money through chores to pay for it at age 17 when it came out. After leaving home his parents said that they'll support him until he got a job which he never did much about just pretended to want jobs and fail the interview and continue getting money from them he saved up until he could afford GQO which took a bit longer than he hoped because the first day it was off the shelves but a couple month later he bought it.
Personality for both: Nao is a kind person, but his online character may not show that he is, but it his character is more of a way too block off people from himself by showing a more ruthless and fierce persona that can be found to be false by some people, because of his actions. He is loyal and that goes for both, he always returns a favor, but doesn't do what someone asked of him, he helps when someone is in need. He can be lazy in real life, but online he works as hard as he can to reach the next level.
Appearance in game: In game was a different story, his hair was a bit longer, but a much straighter and cleaner look to it, his now red accurate eyes nearly glowing, a clean shaven mouth and his body was supported by a medium built body.

Level: 1
Xp: 0
STR: 7
VIT: 5
AGI: 11 (+1)
INT: 10 (+1)
WIS: 6
CHA: 4
SPI: 5
LUK: 1

Sub stats
HP= 34
HP Regen= 1HP/min

MP= 23
MP Regen= 2MP/min

Con= 5
Res= 4
Acrobatics (AGI): 4
Animal Handling (CHA): 3
Appraisal (INT): 0
Climbing (STR): 4
Crafting (INT): 0
First aid (INT): 3
Fisticuffs (AGI): 1
Focus (WIS): 0
Herbalism (INT): 0
Knowledge (INT): 0
Manipulate Device (AGI): 4
Melee Weaponrt (AGI): 2
Negotiation (CHA): 3
Observation (INT): 0
Performance (CHA): 0
Projectile Weaponry (AGI): 5
Sleight of hand (AGI): 3
Stealth (AGI): 4
Thrown Weapons (AGI): 1
Deft Hands Lvl 1
??? (MAX Lv) (Passive): +1 AGI. ???
??? (MAX Lv) (Passive): +1 INT. ???
Great shot: Lvl 1-10 When using a bow/ cross bow you you gain a better chance of hitting an enemy (+1AGI +1 Projectile Weaponry(AGI)) Lvl 11-25 When using a bow/ cross bow you gain a greater chance than before of hitting an enemy (+2 AGI, +2 Projectile weaponry)
Main Hand:
Off Hand:
Body:
Head:
Arms:
Feet:

--Accessories--
Sack: A basic sack made of sturdy cloth that's slightly weather resistant. Holds 10 Items.
1/10 Slots Used

Money Pouch: Holds up to 50,000 Sens. Currently holding 10,000 Sens (¥)
You have one Talent Point too many (Talent Point bonus is not rounded up)

Great shot: Lvl 1-10 When using a bow/ cross bow you you gain a better chance of hitting an enemy (+1AGI +1 Projectile Weaponry(AGI)) Lvl 11-25 When using a bow/ cross bow you gain a greater chance than before of hitting an enemy (+2 AGI, +2 Projectile weaponry)

This is a no.

How about:

Steady Aim (Lv 1: 0%) (Active: 5 MP): You focus yourself and, with a steady hand, ready a steady, precise shot. When using this Skill you can fire into a melee combat without the chance of hitting an unintended target. Also gives you +1 Accuracy when used. To Level: Use the Skill, Defeat a Foe, Score a Critical strike.

And do you want to start off with a Crossbow or a regular bow.

Added everyone's CS to the front page.

(the accepted ones anyway)

didn't change the content, but I edited their format to make them a bit neater for me and gave everyone a starting weapon based upon what they had written down, so you guys can go check those out.

On the front page is where you can see your CS as I edit and add changes to your character's abilities, items, and etc as the game progresses and your charcter's level up and things like that.

You have one Talent Point too many (Talent Point bonus is not rounded up)

This is a no.

How about:

Steady Aim (Lv 1: 0%) (Active: 5 MP): You focus yourself and, with a steady hand, ready a steady, precise shot. When using this Skill you can fire into a melee combat without the chance of hitting an unintended target. Also gives you +1 Accuracy when used. To Level: Use the Skill, Defeat a Foe, Score a Critical strike.

And do you want to start off with a Crossbow or a regular bow.
edited it and changed my ability with the one you gave me

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, when in the game do we use our in game names when talking about our characters in game and our real name for talking about them outside the game. or do we do as we wish?

Quick question, when in the game do we use our in game names when talking about our characters in game and our real name for talking about them outside the game. or do we do as we wish?
Do as you wish.

Also do you want to start with a regular Bow or a Crossbow.

So... skills... how are we supposed to use them? Is there an interface, or are we just supposed to perform the action?

I think you use the skill then roll the dice thing, which can be found in the more options section after you post, I think.

You use the Skills by saying their names.

If they are Active anyway, Passive Skills are always in affect.

If it says Special, then the conditions are usually explained. In James' case, for Inspiring Speech, you say some inspiring words to get other's morale up and the Skill will activate.

As for the dice rolls... I was planning on taking care of those (its d100 by the way)

Cause there is some systematic math involved.

Essentially, in any post you tell me what you are doing (more detail the better) and ill write the result. Essentially, I will be posting ALOT.

Also, you can only use one Skill a Turn right now until you guys can perform multiple Actions per combat turn (but right now you are out of combat, so its fine)

As for the dice rolls... I was planning on taking care of those (its d100 by the way)

Cause there is some systematic math involved.

Essentially, in any post you tell me what you are doing (more detail the better) and ill write the result. Essentially, I will be posting ALOT.

Also, you can only use one Skill a Turn right now until you guys can perform multiple Actions per combat turn (but right now you are out of combat, so its fine)
Okay,cool. I'm just waiting to let other people reply to Jason's invitation before I post.

Also changing one thing.

Originally had it you guys were getting into this game 4 months after it came out (cause copies were nearly impossible to find).

Its gonna be 6 months instead.

I'm guessing for plot reasons that we can't be told, right?

No... the game was so popular that it went off the shelves even before it came out (pre-orders baby)

Next it would be bought quickly before any of your characters could ever buy a copy.

Only now 6 months later were your characters even lucky enough to secure a copy that wouldn't cost 3 - 6 times the game's original price on the internet.

So yea... its not plot reasons, its just that the game is THAT popular XD

Yep. It was a game that lived up to the ridiculous amounts of hype that it got.