Gotta Keep it Separated

As he was picked up, Damon couldn't help but giggle a little, wrapping his arms around Ginta's neck and making a trail of soft kisses around the guy's cheek and down his neck. With a short sigh at the question asked, he shrugged a little as he was put down on the couch and looked up at his partner, "I don't know, he was...weird. And..."taking his lower lip in between his teeth, Damon's mind was wrestling with whether or not to tell him about the passing out part. Finally, changing his view from his husband's face to the floor, he didn't want to see the expression when he said the next part, the accountant quietly and slowly finished his sentence, "And, he swore he didn't do anything, even got really mad when I accused him of being a lech, but I was in the bathroom and next thing I know, I'm on the couch with him leaning over me...I..." he sighed and looked back up. His expression was like a puppy that knew it just ripped up the trash and was saying sorry before it was found; he felt guilty.

*Ginta wasn't angry at all. He lifted up Damon's face, kissing him tenderly for a few seconds.*
Aw, sweet heart... you must have missed a dose of your medicine.
*He chastised him lightly,*
You know you're supposed to take your medicine twice a day. When you don't, this is what happens. Remember?
*Ginta caressed Damon's face gently, lovingly. He thought about upping the dosage, but was worried about Damon's safety. Even though Damon was artificially created and implanted into Zane's mind... Damon was so loving, so sweet. Ginta truly loved him, even if he was artificial. Damon was simply better than real men. He got up, leaving Damon on the couch, and brought him a glass of water with a rather large pill. He held them out to Damon.*
C'mon snookums. Eat up.

When Ginta walked away, he called back to him, "But I have been. And this is the first time it's happened since...what if it's getting worse?" the tone that started as a whine grew into deep concern that was mirrored in his expression as his gaze followed his partner's every movement. The pill and glass were handed over and Damon looked down at them scowling a bit. He hated that he was forced to take these things, but every time he tried going off the pills before, he'd started blacking out again, and he got himself in trouble. It had been a few years now since it last happened, and he wasn't sure what worried him more, the fact that he could swear he was taking them and it happened again, or that maybe, just maybe he was starting to make things up in his mind.

Damon's eyes went wide thinking about that last possibility, still hesitating on taking the pill. Cautiously, without looking up he asked, "Wh-what if...the disease changed...can it do that? Like.." looking up with concern and a slight bit of fear in his eyes, "thinking I've done things or seen things that I haven't, like take the pills when I really didn't...but I remember clear as day even a time. Is that possible?"

*Ginta patted his hair soothingly. He cooed* Don't worry so much, love. I'm sure everything is fine. I'll do my best to supervise you taking your medicine and we can start a journal to keep track of everything, okay?
*He took a notebook off of the desk, ripping out the few used pages. He marked down the date and time, followed by his initials.*
There. See? Everything will be okay. We'll just keep a closer eye on things from now on.
*He placed the pill into Damon's hand and wrapped his other around the water glass.*
Take your pill sweetie, *he whispered, as he began kissing Damon's neck sensually, his mind thinking of possible solutions to this problem. He knew that it was Zane's fault, but he couldn't tell his sweet Damon that. Tomorrow, they would discuss it at work. The only problem was that Damon already took the maximum dosage. Perhaps they would just have to be more strict when it came to the medicines.
Damon couldn't be responsible for taking his own pills- Zane was unpredictable, and he couldn't be trusted.*

After giving a long sigh, Damon knocked back the pill and washed it down with the water. It felt huge in his throat and almost immediately he started feeling sick. Instead, the accountant tried to concentrate on the sensation of his being worked at by his lover, eyes even closing to keep himself focused on that. Zane was not happy and by gods he needed to find a way to get that out of his system before it took affect. He'd been able to how to control quite a few of the body's functions lately in order to get the pills to stop. It would be harder to keep progressing forward if this one managed to make it into the system. Slowly but surely he was remembering little pieces and the biggest question he had right now was why they had kept him alive. He remembered being captured by the Cult, betrayed by his own mission partner...what his mission was though was still a blur.

Suddenly Damon pushed Ginta off himself, stomach definitely making it's way back up, and ran straight to the bathroom. Well, there goes one pill...

*Ginta scowled. He was starting to get the picture. Damn Zane. He was such a problem.
He could deceive his sweet Damon, though. Such a nice, easy boy.
Ginta ran to the bathroom, to hold back Damon's hair and rub his back. He tried to sooth him, whispering in his ear,*
Maybe we should go to the doctor, love. I'll make an appointment for you, okay? I'll call off of work tomorrow; I'll drive you there myself.
*He could count on Zane to fuck things up, so Ginta needed to be extremely pushy. Innocent Damon would probably mistake it for concern, which it half was. Ginta was smitten, but only with the artificial personality. He deeply hated Zane, the rage crackling inside of his mind like a storm of violence.
Tonight, they would relax, but tomorrow was business. He was taking Damon to the lab.*

Cat was out of the bag now. Ginta had witness first hand Zane's abilities to start taking over again, though the guy probably didn't realize just how much control he'd gained over the last couple months. It was slow going, but he was going to push for it because he knew this was his body and there was something he was supposed to do.

That night, Damon barely slept, tossing and turning with strange dreams about looking into mirrors and seeing not himself, but someone that looked like him, a very deranged and dangerous version of himself..instantly he realized this was the reason for the medicines, the psychotic episodes were going to start back up and he didn't want that. And so Zane started to show Damon, through dreams that night before something happened in the morning to fuck up his hold on the body, things that supposedly happened to Damon being false.

The next morning, Ginta would find his partner on the couch, a photo album in his hands, searching through each page like he was looking for something specific.

(Thought it'd be interesting to have a slip up maybe? Like 'wheres the wedding photos' Ginta- Oh we didn't have any, got married at the JP...'but, I remember a huge elaborate ceremony, why?")

*Ginta woke calmly, but slightly disoriented. Where was Damon?!
He rolled out of bed, wearing only an unbuttoned dress shirt and plaid boxers.
Walking out of the bedroom, he brushed his teeth and washed him face, taking a moment to breathe and think.
What should I do?
He walked into the living room, wrapping his arms around Damon, acting as if he was clueless. It seemed to be the best approach. *
Good morning, babe.
Want to go out to breakfast? I'm pretty hungry and we can stop when we're on our way to the doctor's.
*He peered over Damon, getting a glimpse of the albums,*
Whatcha looking at, dear?

(I think that would be a good idea. I'll go along with whatever you decide :D Wedding photos are really good, but maybe something like childhood pictures would be good, too, since theoretically Damon never had a childhood because it was really Zane's.)

Without looking up, his brows furrowed, "Where's our wedding photos? Or anything from before two years ago for that matter...we've been together for over 5 years, but we only started taking pictures two years ago? Really?" Something felt disconnected, his fingers flipping through the pages more and more fervently as he continued to get frustrated at not finding what he was looking for. There were pictures of them at a park from a couple months ago, at the holiday parties at both their jobs..but nothing from either of their childhoods. There was one lone picture of Ginta graduating college, that was about the furthest back anything went and there was certainly a gap between that one and the next most recent picture.

His frown deepened as he looked up and waited for an answer. His dreams last night had obviously left a more lasting impression, one that he wasn't going to just drop lightly at this point.

*Ginta was surprised- this obviously had been going on for a while, unnoticed. Fucking Zane!
He tried to think of something to say that wasn't a total lie, for he deeply cared for Damon and didn't want to lie to him. He couldn't exactly tell the truth though. He calmly came up with a solution. Deceptive and suave, he whispered smoothly*
Remember, I was afraid of people finding out about us? We only came out after my dad died.
*Ginta stroked Damon's hair reassuringly,*
Honey, I think you need to calm down. Let's get dressed, okay?

Damon was looking at his spouse cautiously. It was then that he heard, more like felt someone trying to say something to him, quietly and only in his mind. It was telling him to be careful, that Ginta was hiding something and lying to him, but to keep that he knew secret for now. As the pit form in his stomach from just realizing that something was severely amiss with his marriage, Damon smiled softly, "Oh right...I guess this pill thing is just getting to me..." but that little voice in his head agreed, there was an off kilter sense to the house lately, like things were just a big lie or a sick practical joke. Damon had memories, happy memories of a very nice big wedding, with all their family and friends there. Oddly enough, the more he thought about it, the less he was sure who each person was, in fact, many times he never even could recall a face or name.

In somewhat relaxed manner, the account got up off the sofa and went to get dressed, calling back to the other, "Breakfast would be lovely, actually."

*Ginta tagged along closely, grabbing his waist from behind and kissing his neck.
He had a feeling that Damon was off; he probably didn't believe the lie.
Zane was stronger than Damon now, but how much stronger?
Damon was always shy when it came to being kissed and touched, which is exactly what Ginta was looking for in a sneaky, roundabout way.
He slid his hands across Damon's stomach and down further, starting to nip and suck at his throat.
Ginta couldn't help his hardness; Damon was still his husband, after all.*

*Meanwhile, Kasoki had fallen asleep on the park bench and stayed there for the entirety of the night. The noisy birds woke him up in the morning. He was a lot more relaxed now, thankfully. He began walking the few blocks back to his house, trying to push last night's encounter out of his mind.
He sure as hell didn't want to get all pissed off again. He had almost lost it. It would have sacrificed everything. No one seemed to have seen him, so his human form was still safe.*

Being grabbed from behind had surprised Damon enough and he grinned trying to wriggle away, but as he turned in his lover's grasp, there was a light in his eyes, something playful and maybe bordering on dangerous. Grabbing at the shirt collar, the man pulled his spouse in closer for a deep kiss before pulling away. He'd nuzzled the other's nose just as he always had previously still though, and went into the bed room "It's either breakfast or getting dirty under the covers, I don't think we have time for both lover."

Within a few minutes he was pulling on fresh clothes, he'd take a shower later, right now he was starving after barely eating anything and then vomiting up what he had the night before. As soon as he was dressed he grabbed the keys and waited by the door, "Am I driving or you?" his hand was on the door, keeping it opened while he waited for Ginta to catch up to him.

*Ginta kept a close eye on Damon. He certainly was acting weird. He quickly dressed in casual clothes, running to the door with his keys in hand.
There's no way in hell that Zane would be driving. *
I'll drive babe.
*He walked with Damon to his car, opening the passenger side door for him. After he sat in the driver's seat and put on his seat belt, he started the car.
Looking at Damon, he asked,*
Is there anywhere in particular that you'd like to go?
*He intended on leaving for the lab as soon as they finished eating.*

The door was opened for him, yea something was definitely up. Ginta only did that when he was feeling guilty or trying to make Damon really happy so he could drop unpleasant news on him later, like when he had to go away on business for a few days. Damon always hated that one, but that was life living with a successful...successful..."What is it you do again, hun?" As the other got into the car and revved the engine. Either he'd forgotten again, or he never actually knew and at this point, both options seemed highly valid. That's when it hit him that Ginta had only answered about where the marriage photos were, or rather why they supposedly didn't exist, that didn't explain anything about why there were barely any pictures. Then he remembered the question about food and shook his head lightly, "Oh, wherever, as long as there's good coffee."

*Ginta was surprised at Damon's question. Their memories and such were supposed to be programmed into him. Zane had really caused some damage. Soon that would be remedied. They would have to give him an injection of the medicine. It would be the only way to erase Damon's memory of this incident, while putting an end to Zane's reign. He cleared his throat,*
You don't know where I work? Honey, how could you forget? I'm an executive at MalTech!
*He was grateful; the cult had a professional sounding company name, at least. He began driving the car. Ginta was still trying to figure out a good place for breakfast that was close to the lab.
They drove for about a half hour, until they were only about 10 minutes away from the lab. Ginta wanted to play it safe.
He pulled into a Denny's parking lot. Cheerfully, he announced,*
We're here! This place has terrific coffee, too!

His expression turned guilty instantly as a vague memory of that name hit him when it was said. Damon was quiet most of the way, a small headache starting right behind his eyes that he was attributing to caffeine withdrawals at this point. By the time they'd gotten to the restaurant, the guy was famished and immediately ordered that coffee upon being seated.

Damon seemed a little grumpy, mumbling something about a chain restaurant being below them...that was odd cause usually the place was one of his favorites. Zane was in there and desperately trying to figure out a way to escape the seemingly inevitable trip to the 'doctors' where the medication he knew would be forced back into the body's system making it near impossible to keep progressing on getting his body back. Worse than that, Ginta would be sure to keep a tighter watch on everything and so Zane might have to make a break for it before he was ready.

*Ginta tried to ignore the comments, even though they were getting on his last nerve. He knew that it was not Damon, but Zane. And god damn, he really hated that guy.
Damon was so sweet, innocent, perfect... he would do anything to preserve the twisted love for his artificial creation.
Ginta was hungry, and so he ordered a large meal. He began ordering Damon's favorite- but then he stopped. He was with Zane now, and he didn't want to trigger anything.
He was walking on eggshells with this one.
He let Zane order his own food, trying to keep the knowledge to himself.
He didn't want Damon to know anything, in case Damon was partly in control.
He missed him so much already and couldn't wait to get back to the lab, then he could once again kiss his sincere, obedient, loving husband.*

It was a bit strange that Ginta would stop himself like that, Damon's only reaction being a soft smile and finishing exactly what the other man had started saying. "Right, eggs over easy with homefries, a side of bacon and wheat bread." He'd looked up to the waiter, who wrote that down immediately and took the menus right away.

They had at least ten minutes maybe fifteen of this weird sort of Mexican standoff before the eating could be used as a distraction. Zane was still biding his time, mentally checking where they were in relation to the restrooms. But using that as an excuse to get up from the table may not work, since Ginta was facing the exit, likely planned that way, he was just sure of it. And so the chess match began between him and his, for lack of better word, captor. It was Damon's expression on the face looking across the table at the other man, but Zane was looking out through those eyes now.

*Ginta was surprised at the breakfast order, but relieved. Maybe Zane wasn't as in control as he'd previously thought.
He looked into the sweet eyes of his beloved and relaxed a little, holding his hand from across the table.
Smiling, he kissed Damon's precious hand.*
So, what do you want to do later? I called off, so we have the whole day to ourselves after your appointment.