1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Historical, fantasy, magic, horror, supernatural, survival, vampires, demons, pirates, mutants, ghosts, romance (FxF, MxM, MxF) (Romance should be part of the plot and not the whole plot in itself), etc.
So yesterday I started on my first full time job. It is just a trainee job that I won't get payed for (except for the extremely small amount I get from the insurance stuff, which pretty much pays for the traveling and a little bit extra) since they are teaching me how the job is done, but if things goes well, they might employ me for reals once the trainee period is over, and if not I will have good chances of getting a job in other stores because of the things I've learnt there.

But already yesterday a big issue appeared. Both my feet started hurting after around 4 hours of the 8 hour shift. The pain started out dull, but during the last hour it was so intense it felt like my feet were going to break completely. Walking the thirty minutes to the bus afterwards was a nightmare. The pain was only located at the bottom of the foot, not the side not the top. I think it started at the heel on one foot and went to the front after a while and on the other foot it was the reversed.

When I got home I took a nap and it felt slightly better. When I woke up today the pain was completely gone and I took the bus and then the thirty minutes walk to work without any problems, but after less than one hour at work the pain started again and I was limping within two hours. (The previous day I limped first at the 7th hour) This time the pain has spread to the sides, which hurt just as much as under the foot, and after I stepped out of the bus it was also up at my ankle on my left leg, that pain is rather dull though, but who knows where it will be in a few days.

A few people told me yesterday that it was normal to feel pain when you aren't used to standing up and walking around for so long. I only sat down during my thirty minutes break during the middle of the shift, so I do expect some uncomfort of course. But this pain is so intense and is getting so much worse so fast that I'm worried my feet might actually be damaged somehow. Today its not even calming down even though they are lying down without the undersides touching anything. I can't walk properly and it affects my work, and if I can't keep up the tempo, which I can't with the pain and the limping, they won't be able to employ me at the end. I can't concentrate and space out a lot too because of it.

I really are in need of a job and it feels like I will fail both myself, my boss that took the chance of taking in a newb which slows things down for his other employees who needs to train me and my family that are paying for my food and clothes right now cause I don't have anything. There is a chance that I will get a job in a few days that will let me sit down for most of the day, but if I don't get it cause some other applicant was better than me, what am I supposed to do then?

(Note1​, I have no problems with the job other than the pain. I don't even mind having to go up four in the morning to get there. I don't mind that there's a lot of heavy lifting or a lot to do and a lot of codes to memories. I just can't handle the pain and I can't come home breaking down every day because of it. It won't work.)

So what do you think? Is this just pain from not being used to the work and it's getting worse because I keep working, but it will go down eventually? If so, how long would you expect it to last? Or do you think I need to think of going into a completely different line of work where I can sit down more? Other thoughts?

(Note2​, I am already thinking of contacting a doctor just to check if it can be something they need to check up. But if I need to wait weeks or maybe months for that check up (cause I doubt I will get an appointment right the day after the call. It doesn't tend to be that easy o_o) then I kind of need to figure out what to do. Continue and hope it will pass or quit and go back to job searching with focus on more sitting down jobs. This trainee job is a great opportunity for me to gain experience, so loosing it would be horrible, but what good will it do if I suddenly collapse on the job one day?)

(Note3​, I am not a person who is sensitive to pain. I can handle a great deal of pain without complaining about it. I do hate pain, but that's another matter, I can still handle it for the most parts. I have broken down twice because of period pains, and those were so bad I could barely walk, couldn't eat and even got diarrhea. That's my breaking point, when I'm in so much pain I can barely walk. This problem has gotten to the point where the pain is so intensive so it is extremely hard to move. I am the girl who didn't think of going to the emergency when I was literally suffocating because my airways were closing down. If my dad hadn't taken me, I would have thought "naah, just gonna call the doc and get an appointment for tomorrow." which probably would have killed me. I do not want to see when my body is in need of help and I don't want to bother the doctor with something that isn't that big of a deal, so I tend to downplay everything. Sure, first I get the period of "AAH, I'm dying! I PROBS GOT CANCER!" before the "You're ridiculous, this will be over tomorrow." comes in a couple of seconds later. But this time, I really feel that I need to take the issue seriously if I'm going to get a job at all.)

I had this same problem when I started working at Walmart back in 2013. I was an overnight shelf stocker, and that meant I was on my feet for the whole shift outside of breaks and carrying heavy crap around. On the first night I felt like my feet were gonna fall off after about 6 hours, second night was worse because my feet hadn't really recovered, and by the fifth night my feet already started hurting when I was walking to work. It sucked hard.

However, it sucked a lot less after I got a weekend to let my feet fully recover. Made it through the first night of the next week with just some mildly sore feet, then the crappy pain started in at the end of the next night, and so on. I'm sure your feet will get used to it eventually in the same way that when working out you can go from being completely wrecked by a certain weighted workout and then a while later be totally fine with it. I have no idea how long that might take though, and it'll probably suck getting there.

Alternatively, you can do what I did after that second week that made things MUCH better for me. I already had some shoes that were supposed to be great for jobs on your feet, but I spent $15 on a pair of cushioned shoe insoles and put those in there. They made such a ridiculously huge difference that on that third week I never even got to the point of having the pained, hobbling feet, just some general soreness that was totally tolerable. If you can afford some of those I'd recommend giving them a try before giving up on the job.

If you can't, well, I've got no useful advice left. Maybe someone who didn't pussy out like me knows some good tricks for alleviating or preventing that foot pain.

I had this happen when I started working a 40 week of 8 hour shifts. After the first few days my heels (of my feet) were killing me. We are on our feet the whole time, save for your break. It may be your shoes on top of not being used to being on your feet. If the shoes are new they may just been to be worked in, or add one of those insole pads (That's what I did and it did wonders for my feet). If that doesn't work and your not getting used to being on your feet and the doctor says there is nothing wrong, maybe trying to get a more expensive shoe that will cater to the pain that your feeling. So I'd say try and fight through it.

Good luck!

I had this same problem when I started working at Walmart back in 2013. I was an overnight shelf stocker, and that meant I was on my feet for the whole shift outside of breaks and carrying heavy crap around. On the first night I felt like my feet were gonna fall off after about 6 hours, second night was worse because my feet hadn't really recovered, and by the fifth night my feet already started hurting when I was walking to work. It sucked hard.
While I am on my feet for the whole 8 hour shift (with a break of thirty minutes in the middle), I have only done heavy lifts for one or two hours in the mornings, then I have mainly been doing smaller stuff like watching people doing the cashier work so I can learn from that, doing some cashier work myself, check so everything looks nice on the shelves & fixing it if it doesn't and leaving the customer baskets at the door after they fill up in the cashier desk. Most of the time I am standing completely still actually since most of my training is focused on the cashier duties. During the heavy lifting I haven't gotten any symptoms so far. The first symptoms yesterday came two hours after I had finished the heavy lifting and started on the cashier desk and today it started shortly after we were done with carrying the fruits, and I barely carried any of them. He was so fast he took them before I got the chance xD

Considering I'm standing still so much without much lifting, it doesn't feel like I should get so much pain. It actually gets worse when I'm standing still. It actually feels a little bit better to walk around even with the limping issue, just so the feet can be in the air more as its quite relieving.

It could still be the same thing of course, since walking around or even standing still for so long can be quite heavy for the feet even without extra weight if you're not used to it. I'm just afraid there might be some real underlying problem there that I haven't noticed because I have never walked around for so long. I did get the same symptoms when I worked as a jump in teacher at the community youth center. But I thought it was because we were barefoot at the job so the feet didn't get enough... shoe? on the hard floor xb.

Alternatively, you can do what I did after that second week that made things MUCH better for me. I already had some shoes that were supposed to be great for jobs on your feet, but I spent $15 on a pair of cushioned shoe insoles and put those in there. They made such a ridiculously huge difference that on that third week I never even got to the point of having the pained, hobbling feet, just some general soreness that was totally tolerable. If you can afford some of those I'd recommend giving them a try before giving up on the job.
Never heard of cushioned shoe insoles before. I only have the normal kind? I have never seen any special types of insoles in stores before. o_o Probably need to have a better look, whenever I can walk to the store that is. Won't be able to buy anything before my next payment comes in though. I only have for the bus for the next two weeks. >_> I have like 10 extra dollars (100 kr) that's for emergencies only. Like if I oversleep on the bus and need to change bus to get home cause the current bus has changed route. It has never happened before, but I have never worked for 8 hours in a row before while waking up at 4 AM, so I am pretty sure I might end up missing my stop at some point. Or in a little more likely scenario, in case I forgot food, cause I can't work for 8 hours and not eat.

I guess I'll just have to see how it feels on Monday, or until my case worker calls on Thursday/Friday when I can ask for her opinion. I'll probably have to talk to my boss tomorrow and tell him why it might be going so slowly for me atm so he doesn't think that I'm slacking off when I'm spacing out or sits down at the cashier desk instead of standing (I were about to sit down today when I took over the cashier desk, but he immediately said that I shouldn't (even though the cashier that was teaching me at that moment always sat down). Since I haven't told him yet about my feet, I can't really blame him for not knowing. He seems like a really understanding guy, I just have a big problem confessing that I'm feeling bad, mentally or physically, when people ask.)

I had this happen when I started working a 40 week of 8 hour shifts. After the first few days my heels (of my feet) were killing me. We are on our feet the whole time, save for your break. It may be your shoes on top of not being used to being on your feet. If the shoes are new they may just been to be worked in, or add one of those insole pads (That's what I did and it did wonders for my feet). If that doesn't work and your not getting used to being on your feet and the doctor says there is nothing wrong, maybe trying to get a more expensive shoe that will cater to the pain that your feeling. So I'd say try and fight through it.
Shouldn't be the shoes. We get working shoes from them and no one else seems to have complaints about the shoes, and the ones I have fits well. Will bring a pair of normal insoles tomorrow and see if it helps somewhat. Expensive shoes at the moment is a big no no. I need a paying job for that. There're lots of things I would really need right now that I can't get because of money issues (and non of it is an Ipad, I swear) but life's a bit shitty and you can't get help before you have a job, and you can't get a job before you get help. The endless cycle. :p

As a side note, this is the FIRST time I have googled symptoms and not gotten cancer even once! THERE IS SOMETHING CANCER DOESN'T GIVE WOHOO xD -After over three hours I think I'm finally out of breakdown mode-

Aside from the cushioned insoles for your shoes, which is very good advice which helped me in the past...

If you end up not being able to continue, be honest with your supervisor about the reason. If it is a medical or physical condition, he should be very understanding of that because that is something we can not control. While you are still on the job, learn as much as you can about the job itself and the role it has in supporting others. Because that information is important for emphasis on your resume' and towards eventually getting your dream job :)

Last edited:
Aside from the cushioned insoles for your shoes, which is very good advice which helped me in the past...

If you end up not being able to continue, be honest with your supervisor about the reason. If it is a medical or physical condition, he should be very understanding of that because that is something we can not control. While you are still on the job, learn as much as you can about the job itself and the role it has in supporting others, because that information is important for emphasis on your resume' and towards getting your dream job :)
^ This.

While it won't exactly stop your feet from hurting, it should at least alleviate some of the stress of worrying that you won't be able to keep the job, especially if you say that your supervisor is a nice guy who seems like he'd be understanding about this sort of thing.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mari
Thanks for your advice guys <3 Today really got too intense for me, and I can't take two more days, so I called my case worker and told her about the whole situation. She did propose both to take a few days off if I thought that would help, but if I thought the pain might come back, it would be better to quit and find something less intensive since I'm not supposed to be in pain. (Also she suggested to check it up with a doctor if the pain doesn't go down, though I probably will anyways to figure out if something is wrong with my feet that makes me unable to make it in such works. Just in case.) So after a few minutes we came to the conclusion that I needed something else and then I called my boss at work. He didn't pick up though so I had to leave him a message instead.

I guess I should have told my boss about it today at work, but I have such a hard time talking about my problems, be them mental or physical, with someone face to face. Breaking down in front of people just doesn't work for me, and talking about it would definitely have that effect. So I chickened out and didn't tell him and just smiled all day until I started to walk home and broke down in the middle of the street and eventually made myself call my case worker who encouraged me to tell him myself. (Kind of glad it was an answer machine and not him. I am really not good at interacting with people on an emotional level.)

I am definitely disappointed in myself, but I'm also really glad I don't have to be in pain anymore. I'm very nervous about talking about it with my parents though, since they have no idea that I broke down both yesterday and today while they were home and they didn't notice at all. I'M A MASTER HIDER OF EMOTIONS! That's not a very good thing in this situation though o_o

So i know it's a little late for this response but I thought I'd add in for your future jobs.

This pain is completely normal, and it can last for a few weeks. When I first started working I would shift my weight from side to side for hours because of it. You're probably standing on concrete as it is a go to for many companies as it is so cheap. Concrete is extremely hard on your feet.

Things that you can do to help is keep moving. Even if you're in a job where you stand still you can lift your foot up behind you and grab it to stretch your quadriceps in between customers. You can also squat down to take a little pressure off your feet from time to time when it's slow. When you get home soak your feet with warm water and Epsom salts. It gets better. Unfortunately, you will always have this problem at any job other than if you're sitting at a desk until you break your feet in.

As for the situation regarding your boss and resigning, I'd highly recommended calling them and talking to him/her, or going in and not just leave a message. Your future potential employers may call them for a reference and you want to make sure you leave on good terms. You may not think it now but it can really affect you later. I know it's nerve wracking and hard to actually talk to them in person, but think about this: you're not going back there anyway. You'll probably never see or talk to your former boss again. So to bite the bullet and call them to apologize about leaving and that it was a health situation would leave you on good terms in thier eyes. Whereas leaving them high and dry with just a message on the machine probably would not. You can still call and talk to them even though you already left a message. You could say " hi there I wasn't able to reach you the other day, but I wanted to talk to you and explain that this job proved very painful for me and I am sorry it didn't work out. Thank you for giving me the opportunity. I really appreciate it."

That little phone call would speak volumes. It might make you scared or nervous but it's so quick and then it will be over. I've had employees leave me high and dry and it was really disappointing for me. I felt like they didn't respect me enough to tell me the truth face to face. It's really not that scary. They probably have a stack of applications for other potential employees. Telling them the truth won't make them mad at you. They will respect you.

I'd just hate for this situation to haunt you later. <3

So i know it's a little late for this response but I thought I'd add in for your future jobs.

This pain is completely normal, and it can last for a few weeks. When I first started working I would shift my weight from side to side for hours because of it. You're probably standing on concrete as it is a go to for many companies as it is so cheap. Concrete is extremely hard on your feet.

Things that you can do to help is keep moving. Even if you're in a job where you stand still you can lift your foot up behind you and grab it to stretch your quadriceps in between customers. You can also squat down to take a little pressure off your feet from time to time when it's slow. When you get home soak your feet with warm water and Epsom salts. It gets better. Unfortunately, you will always have this problem at any job other than if you're sitting at a desk until you break your feet in.

As for the situation regarding your boss and resigning, I'd highly recommended calling them and talking to him/her, or going in and not just leave a message. Your future potential employers may call them for a reference and you want to make sure you leave on good terms. You may not think it now but it can really affect you later. I know it's nerve wracking and hard to actually talk to them in person, but think about this: you're not going back there anyway. You'll probably never see or talk to your former boss again. So to bite the bullet and call them to apologize about leaving and that it was a health situation would leave you on good terms in thier eyes. Whereas leaving them high and dry with just a message on the machine probably would not. You can still call and talk to them even though you already left a message. You could say " hi there I wasn't able to reach you the other day, but I wanted to talk to you and explain that this job proved very painful for me and I am sorry it didn't work out. Thank you for giving me the opportunity. I really appreciate it."

That little phone call would speak volumes. It might make you scared or nervous but it's so quick and then it will be over. I've had employees leave me high and dry and it was really disappointing for me. I felt like they didn't respect me enough to tell me the truth face to face. It's really not that scary. They probably have a stack of applications for other potential employees. Telling them the truth won't make them mad at you. They will respect you.

I'd just hate for this situation to haunt you later. <3
I did shift from foot to foot, tried to use different positions that would be easier on the feet and so on. When I shifted the weight the pain became unbearable on one foot and I fast had to stop. Considering I broke down and cried for three hours two days in a row (which is time included during my calls to my case worker and my boss), I am definitely not fit for work in this big of a store with so much to do with extremely few moments to actually give your feet some rest. Even if it is just for a few weeks before getting used to it, it is too much for me. I stopped for thirty minutes in an apartment complex in an empty corridor yesterday, sat down on the floor and cried because I couldn't wait until I got home. I missed one buss, and almost considered missing a second bus just so I could sit down for longer, but in the end I forced myself up and limped to the bus in extreme pain. If that was the worst it got on day 3, then I don't want to know how it would have felt on day 5. I walked as slowly as a grandma when I was walking my fastest to get over the road. She was walking SLOWLY with a cane beside me. I could barely keep up with her. All the young people just flashed past me while during normal circumstances I would walk past them and think stuff like "stop taking up the whole road slowpokes." If I had gone to work today, I would have been late, because today started with pains in my feet before I had even gotten out of bed. A thirty minutes walk to the store would probably have taken as long as the road to the bus the other day, twenty minutes extra, and that does not count in the crying in the apartment complex. Normal or not, this is too much pain for me.

I am going back to work to leave my work clothes, so I will meet my boss again, or possible his right hand if he isn't in, and I will give him a message a few days before that, my feet just needs to become good enough for me to take an hours walk back and forth first. But considering I only worked for three days, I don't think I will put it on the CV. How good would it look to have a :Trainee work, (stores name), 3 days - (stuff I did): They would realize that something either made me quit which would make me seem unreliable/lazy or I got fired which would make me look bad or I was forced to quit for some reason that might affect this new job. You don't have the full explanation in the CV, you only have small, easily read information that preferably doesn't go over one page. Sure, I could write about the reason in the personal letter, but even there you shouldn't make it too long, and just saying 'because of extreme foot pains' might either look like I'm too much of a complainer or can't handle the work, neither would probably get me an interview. In that case I'd rather bring it up during the interview so it doesn't become so emotionally detached and I can explain it in more depth. It is hard to understand the pain when reading about it on a paper. People will think you exaggerate or such. It is easier to explain it in a way people can understand when you're face to face. Just writing it on paper might make them think more 'oh, it hurt a little bit in the feet, so she quit, this one is nothing to have, she just runs as fast as it becomes a slight obstacles'. I can handle a lot of pain, but I can't handle walking around for 8 hours a day (walk to the bus and home included) with such extreme pain that I become an emotional mess that breaks down every night. I'm already living with an enormous amount of anxiousness that I don't have money to treat, I'm not in an emotional condition to also handle this kind of physical pain. And even if I was mentally healthy I would probably still not handle it.

Me and my case worker will talk tomorrow and we will probably see over what kind of jobs that I should avoid until I've talked to a doctor, because she does agree with me, if it causes me this much pain that I break apart, it isn't good, especially not in a trainee job when I'm there to learn, which I can't do if I'm in pain and can't concentrate. If it takes two weeks for the feet to finally stop hurting, then I would have lost a lot of training during those two weeks because of lack of concentration and it would slow it down for those training me plus myself. It is better to take a job that I can handle and that I can feel well in or maybe something where we start with part time and move up the hours so it is easier for the body to adjust.

If a job gives me a bit of pain because I'm not used to it, then that's okay. If a job gives me a lot of pain that makes me unable to walk or move, then that's not okay. There are limits. Some might not agree, because it's a harsh world and you need to fight through it, but here in Sweden, workers have certain rights, and when we are in programs to find jobs, they want us to find a job that fits us and doesn't make us want to cut our legs off after each shift or makes us cry for hours. My dad have extreme back pains and thus can't stand up for more than a few minutes, thus he searches jobs that fits his needs and doesn't put pain on his back. The same applies to me and my feet. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Swedish system, but in this case I am going to let myself be spoiled and not be tortured for weeks. Usually I am the one giving all I have and never quitting no matter how bad I feel about, no matter how depressed I become and no matter the pain I feel. I have always refused my body when it has reached its limits and is screaming at me to stop, I have refused my brain to quit when I feel depressed or anxious, but in no other situation have I ever broken down crying before, usually everything piles up over a couple of years before I have one big outburst, now I had two outburst over one thing in two days, that's why I will give my body the luxury to quit and find something that won't torture me mentally and physically. People say that period pains are normal, and yes, they are, but that does not mean that they can't make you so sick you literally can't work certain days. The same goes for this foot dilemma, there is always a roof for what people can take and everyone experience pain differently. I don't know if I'm more sensitive than you guys or if my feet actually took more damage than you, either way, it just wasn't something that I could deal with, and I will be searching for work that are easier on the feet from now on. Smaller stores with less activity is still an option and I will be looking more into the stores I apply to from now on to make sure the workload doesn't seem too much for me.

Sorry if this sounded a bit ranty/angsty/attackingy?, I'm not meaning to and I do understand your point of view. I'm not in the best mental place atm because of the last three days, even though I'm feeling much better after this day of rest. As I mentioned, I will meet my case worker tomorrow and we will talk about this and see where we can go from here. On a brighter note, a job I was on an interview for a month ago has called back and said they wanted me for a second interview on Monday. (This job is a sit down one, so I don't need to feel worried about it :D ) It's a job I have been hoping to get ever since I saw it being announced out back in December, cause it is a job very much like forum moderation, and I like doing thaaat. Hopefully it will lead to good news that can take away some of the stress from this failed trainee job.

I did shift from foot to foot, tried to use different positions that would be easier on the feet and so on. When I shifted the weight the pain became unbearable on one foot and I fast had to stop. Considering I broke down and cried for three hours two days in a row (which is time included during my calls to my case worker and my boss), I am definitely not fit for work in this big of a store with so much to do with extremely few moments to actually give your feet some rest. Even if it is just for a few weeks before getting used to it, it is too much for me. I stopped for thirty minutes in an apartment complex in an empty corridor yesterday, sat down on the floor and cried because I couldn't wait until I got home. I missed one buss, and almost considered missing a second bus just so I could sit down for longer, but in the end I forced myself up and limped to the bus in extreme pain. If that was the worst it got on day 3, then I don't want to know how it would have felt on day 5. I walked as slowly as a grandma when I was walking my fastest to get over the road. She was walking SLOWLY with a cane beside me. I could barely keep up with her. All the young people just flashed past me while during normal circumstances I would walk past them and think stuff like "stop taking up the whole road slowpokes." If I had gone to work today, I would have been late, because today started with pains in my feet before I had even gotten out of bed. A thirty minutes walk to the store would probably have taken as long as the road to the bus the other day, twenty minutes extra, and that does not count in the crying in the apartment complex. Normal or not, this is too much pain for me.

I am going back to work to leave my work clothes, so I will meet my boss again, or possible his right hand if he isn't in, and I will give him a message a few days before that, my feet just needs to become good enough for me to take an hours walk back and forth first. But considering I only worked for three days, I don't think I will put it on the CV. How good would it look to have a :Trainee work, (stores name), 3 days - (stuff I did): They would realize that something either made me quit which would make me seem unreliable/lazy or I got fired which would make me look bad or I was forced to quit for some reason that might affect this new job. You don't have the full explanation in the CV, you only have small, easily read information that preferably doesn't go over one page. Sure, I could write about the reason in the personal letter, but even there you shouldn't make it too long, and just saying 'because of extreme foot pains' might either look like I'm too much of a complainer or can't handle the work, neither would probably get me an interview. In that case I'd rather bring it up during the interview so it doesn't become so emotionally detached and I can explain it in more depth. It is hard to understand the pain when reading about it on a paper. People will think you exaggerate or such. It is easier to explain it in a way people can understand when you're face to face. Just writing it on paper might make them think more 'oh, it hurt a little bit in the feet, so she quit, this one is nothing to have, she just runs as fast as it becomes a slight obstacles'. I can handle a lot of pain, but I can't handle walking around for 8 hours a day (walk to the bus and home included) with such extreme pain that I become an emotional mess that breaks down every night. I'm already living with an enormous amount of anxiousness that I don't have money to treat, I'm not in an emotional condition to also handle this kind of physical pain. And even if I was mentally healthy I would probably still not handle it.

Me and my case worker will talk tomorrow and we will probably see over what kind of jobs that I should avoid until I've talked to a doctor, because she does agree with me, if it causes me this much pain that I break apart, it isn't good, especially not in a trainee job when I'm there to learn, which I can't do if I'm in pain and can't concentrate. If it takes two weeks for the feet to finally stop hurting, then I would have lost a lot of training during those two weeks because of lack of concentration and it would slow it down for those training me plus myself. It is better to take a job that I can handle and that I can feel well in or maybe something where we start with part time and move up the hours so it is easier for the body to adjust.

If a job gives me a bit of pain because I'm not used to it, then that's okay. If a job gives me a lot of pain that makes me unable to walk or move, then that's not okay. There are limits. Some might not agree, because it's a harsh world and you need to fight through it, but here in Sweden, workers have certain rights, and when we are in programs to find jobs, they want us to find a job that fits us and doesn't make us want to cut our legs off after each shift or makes us cry for hours. My dad have extreme back pains and thus can't stand up for more than a few minutes, thus he searches jobs that fits his needs and doesn't put pain on his back. The same applies to me and my feet. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Swedish system, but in this case I am going to let myself be spoiled and not be tortured for weeks. Usually I am the one giving all I have and never quitting no matter how bad I feel about, no matter how depressed I become and no matter the pain I feel. I have always refused my body when it has reached its limits and is screaming at me to stop, I have refused my brain to quit when I feel depressed or anxious, but in no other situation have I ever broken down crying before, usually everything piles up over a couple of years before I have one big outburst, now I had two outburst over one thing in two days, that's why I will give my body the luxury to quit and find something that won't torture me mentally and physically. People say that period pains are normal, and yes, they are, but that does not mean that they can't make you so sick you literally can't work certain days. The same goes for this foot dilemma, there is always a roof for what people can take and everyone experience pain differently. I don't know if I'm more sensitive than you guys or if my feet actually took more damage than you, either way, it just wasn't something that I could deal with, and I will be searching for work that are easier on the feet from now on. Smaller stores with less activity is still an option and I will be looking more into the stores I apply to from now on to make sure the workload doesn't seem too much for me.

Sorry if this sounded a bit ranty/angsty/attackingy?, I'm not meaning to and I do understand your point of view. I'm not in the best mental place atm because of the last three days, even though I'm feeling much better after this day of rest. As I mentioned, I will meet my case worker tomorrow and we will talk about this and see where we can go from here. On a brighter note, a job I was on an interview for a month ago has called back and said they wanted me for a second interview on Monday. (This job is a sit down one, so I don't need to feel worried about it :D ) It's a job I have been hoping to get ever since I saw it being announced out back in December, cause it is a job very much like forum moderation, and I like doing thaaat. Hopefully it will lead to good news that can take away some of the stress from this failed trainee job.

Yeah lol I wasn't trying to convince you that you need to stay and work through the pain. Everyone's pain tolerance and body is different. There could be a million reasons why it doesn't work for you. I was just giving you my personal experience with hat pain.

My bigger point was about how you left the job. But then again that is just my opinion. In the end you will do whatever you think is right. I just chose to give yout my opinion since I've been on the other side of it.

I don't feel like you werw attacking. I feel like you have a lot of stress and anxiety over the whole situation and needed to vent it out and rationalize it through the rant. I'm not worried about it. I get what you're saying too about not including that job on your resume. That is always an option I suppose. I think I just see thing differently which is perfectly fine. Thats what this section is all about anyway.getting advice from those with other outlooks than your own to gain perspective.

Anyway good luck.

• Thank You
Reactions: redblood
Status
Not open for further replies.