GoT is back! (Spoilers possible! Read at your own risk.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Well, you're my only kid left so I'll let it slide for now'.
I feel she finally feels she has a chance with Tommen now, for her agenda to go through. Joffrey was too much for her to handle, Myrcella was gone to Dorne and now dead. Tommen she can finally mold as she wants, especially with Margaery out of the way.

The whole Cersei Tommen thing was forced. Why did Tommen stop her going to the funeral in the first place? What was his reasoning? He sent a squad of like 20 guards to stop her going, if he was really scared of losing her again they could have been her guard for the trip. I have a feeling Jamie was captured and they needed a way to isolate him in the Sept. Had Cersei been there with Tommen it would have been harder to do that. I think Tommen made a comment that someone wouldn't let hre in the Sept, but she's atoned for her sins, why wouldn't she be?

The whole Cersei Tommen thing was forced. Why did Tommen stop her going to the funeral in the first place? What was his reasoning? He sent a squad of like 20 guards to stop her going, if he was really scared of losing her again they could have been her guard for the trip. I have a feeling Jamie was captured and they needed a way to isolate him in the Sept. Had Cersei been there with Tommen it would have been harder to do that. I think Tommen made a comment that someone wouldn't let hre in the Sept, but she's atoned for her sins, why wouldn't she be?
You know, I didn't think too much of it until you said something. She confessed and did he penance, so why wouldn't she be allowed in there? They technically can't do anything to her from a religious angle. Once a person confesses and have carried out the penance for their sins, they are supposed to be absolved of them. Her slate, at least as far as the Sept goes, is clean. They cannot punish her for sins that she's already atoned for. However, they're going out of their way to make the whole royal family look like scum, and they're going above and beyond their roles as holy men and women.

Anyone catch that dude at the beginning of the show though? 'A half inch short of an inch' guy? I nearly pissed myself laughing at that. The mountain sure shut him up.

Lol, I knew that guy was dog meat as soon as I saw him XD

Hopefully Tommen's speech to Cersei was him growing a pair and if Jamie is captured (or the next insult the Church throws against the Royalty) he orders the attack. I want to see the battle between the Sparrows and the Kingsguard, especially the Mountain kicking the high sparrow's ass as the seven do nothing to help him.

I guess we know mocking the queen is an unofficial death sentence now XD

I honestly can't pick who I like or dislike in the Lannisters vs High Sparrow and co. I dislike them both equally for the most part. But I can see the downtrodden people of the city siding with the Sparrows.

I despise the Sparrows, so I'd have to go with the Lannisters. I think they are abusing their power at this point and simply trying to intimidate things to go their way. But honestly, Margery is a hell of a lot stronger than Cersei. She's gone this long and hasn't cracked yet. Cersei was singing like a damn bird after a few days (I assume it was days. No idea how time passes with that show sometimes. X_x) If Tommen had any balls though, he'd tell them he wants his wife freed and stop bowing to their religious babble. Or do what I do to religious nutjobs, start throwing their own bullshit back at them. He could at least do that!

Pick Margery XD
She's manipulative royalty but she's not stupid and she at least pretend to care about the common people.
Let the Lannisters and the sparrows kill all of each other in the meantime.

I honestly can't pick who I like or dislike in the Lannisters vs High Sparrow and co. I dislike them both equally for the most part. But I can see the downtrodden people of the city siding with the Sparrows.
One hand you have the walking example of "Power corrupts. AMbition of ambitions sake. Maglomania made flesh." on the other hand you have the narrowminded, murderous zeal of abunch of fanatics.

AT this rate: "Let the white walkers sort them out"

One hand you have the walking example of "Power corrupts. AMbition of ambitions sake. Maglomania made flesh." on the other hand you have the narrowminded, murderous zeal of abunch of fanatics.

AT this rate: "Let the white walkers sort them out"
It wouldn't be too soon either lol.

Hm, maybe it's been explained before, and I haven't heard it. But the people beyond the wall, when they die, they become er, wights I think they're called. So this doesn't go beyond the wall to the south?

The magic of the wall prevents the curse of the wights extending beyond it as long as it stands ...

The magic of the wall prevents the curse of the wights extending beyond it as long as it stands ...
Ah got it, thanks. Hm, so when the Wildling chief (who's name I've forgotten ^_^') suggested burning Jon, it was simply because he was dead and not because he thought he might turn.

Ah got it, thanks. Hm, so when the Wildling chief (who's name I've forgotten ^_^') suggested burning Jon, it was simply because he was dead and not because he thought he might turn.
I'd guess its a case of better safe than sorry there. I'm not sure the Wildlings know about the magic of the wall and might assume so close to the north he still might turn. Also remember in the first season they brought back some rangers who died north of the wall but then turned into wights on the south side. So even the Night's Watch might think people who die on the south side can turn.

Yeah, I was remembering those men and how they had turned. I guess since it was a surprise for them to see them turn, it's safe to assume it's only something that happens in the North.

It would be interesting to see what happens if it spreads past the wall, somehow. Heh.

You know, I didn't think too much of it until you said something. She confessed and did he penance, so why wouldn't she be allowed in there? They technically can't do anything to her from a religious angle. Once a person confesses and have carried out the penance for their sins, they are supposed to be absolved of them. Her slate, at least as far as the Sept goes, is clean. They cannot punish her for sins that she's already atoned for. However, they're going out of their way to make the whole royal family look like scum, and they're going above and beyond their roles as holy men and women.

Anyone catch that dude at the beginning of the show though? 'A half inch short of an inch' guy? I nearly pissed myself laughing at that. The mountain sure shut him up.
She confessed to and atoned for only minor crimes, whereas the most grievous sins are still denied and will be judged by a trial some time this season. The High Sparrow let her go for now because she started on the path of atonement, not because she finished it. He wants to have a religious trial to determine the truth of the allegations against her, and she's going to demand trial by combat to have zombie Mountain "prove" her innocence before the gods.

Cersei is still tainted before the eyes of the gods, even after the shame walk, so the religious dudes barring her from their holy place makes sense.

You know, I don't really hate Cersei. She has done some despicable things... But I can see her humanity in it. She's incestuous... But so deeply loves him. She lied about the father of her children... It protected them and kept from putting a deeply shameful mark on her family. She tries to lead her children, albeit manipulatively, to what she thinks will be best to secure the best future she can for them. The world they live in is pretty shit... But she's been scraping the best she can. She isn't perfect, but no one is. And I think a huge thing to realize is she is basically broken now. She has lost half of the things most dear to her (two kids), at one point her love of her life was gone, beyond reach, potentially dead and if he wasnt, he was hated by many. Oh, and what was her husband apparently was spreading more seed than a farmer. She can be loathesome, she can do unspeakable things... But of all the abominable people on the show, she's at least got a foot in reality for the things she does... A rather admirable one at its core, even... Even if the execution could use a loooot of work.

That said, I loathe Sansa. Ramsey is a special kind of despicable in a hilarious way. And Tyrion is my bae.

You know, I don't really hate Cersei. She has done some despicable things... But I can see her humanity in it. She's incestuous... But so deeply loves him. She lied about the father of her children... It protected them and kept from putting a deeply shameful mark on her family. She tries to lead her children, albeit manipulatively, to what she thinks will be best to secure the best future she can for them. The world they live in is pretty shit... But she's been scraping the best she can. She isn't perfect, but no one is. And I think a huge thing to realize is she is basically broken now. She has lost half of the things most dear to her (two kids), at one point her love of her life was gone, beyond reach, potentially dead and if he wasnt, he was hated by many. Oh, and what was her husband apparently was spreading more seed than a farmer. She can be loathesome, she can do unspeakable things... But of all the abominable people on the show, she's at least got a foot in reality for the things she does... A rather admirable one at its core, even... Even if the execution could use a loooot of work.

That said, I loathe Sansa. Ramsey is a special kind of despicable in a hilarious way. And Tyrion is my bae.
I'm starting to have a bit of hope for Sansa. She didn't reject Brienne a second time around, and that shows that she's got some brains in that head of hers.

Ramsay....wow, he's just scum. It's going to be pretty hard for anyone to top him as most hated. He's surpassed Joffery, and I'm pretty sure even Ollie that this point. Funny thing about Ramsay though, I didn't exactly hate him at first. Now, every time I see him I know someone innocent is going to get hurt or killed, and I hate that. There is no redemption for him at this point, he just needs to go. I'm hoping he gets raped with an icicle by a giant white walker.

I used to really dislike Sansa. But after the first season, that stopped. She was literally alone with no one on her side, lions ready to pounce on her. It's kind of amazing she's still in the game.

Reactions: Dervish
Status
Not open for further replies.