What should the setting be based on?

• Original book (One Day at Horrorland)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Direct sequel (Return to Horrorland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spinoff (the video game)

• Main novella series (self-explanatory)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legens Legentis

Deus Ex Machina
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, & Romance
130933-Welcome-To-Horrorland.jpg

Story:

It just seems too good to be true, doesn't it? The strange letter came in alongside a pile of bills, magazines, and other useless junk. Life had been getting a bit stressful for you these past few months. What would be the harm in spending a week away from home? Everybody needs a vacation to clear their head once in a while, after all. Yet certain things just didn't add up. You had never heard of this place before, not in the newspaper or from your friends. It seemed like it popped out of nowhere.

The golden ticket wasn't anymore helpful in terms of information. It gave you instructions as to when to head out to your nearest bus stop, where the Horrorland VIP bus was supposed to arrive with the other guests in tow. Everyone else there seems to know as much as you did. You had to admit, the concept was original enough. There must've been a thousand kid-friendly amusement parks that practically bored you to tears in the past. Something new and exciting would surely turn things around for the better.

There was only one problem.

The ticket bestowed to you was granting a week's vacation, yes, but that doesn't mean you were going to leave afterwards. Something terrible happens to those who overstay their welcome in Horrorland. Something unimaginable. Simply put, you are never getting out of this place.

Last edited:
I suppose a poll is in due order.

I definitely want in on this!!! *w*

• Love
Reactions: Legens Legentis
I definitely want in on this!!! *w*
Excellent!
Say, do you think the playable cast should all be human or should some be monsters as well?

I am interested in this as well, but why can't it be the GMs version inspired by the story instead of basing it exactly on the canonized piece?

• Thank You
I am interested in this as well, but why can't it be the GMs version inspired by the story instead of basing it exactly on the canonized piece?
Y'know, I'm unbelievably glad you brought that up because I honestly hadn't considered it before.
My intention was to make this a darker interpretation of the original book, involving character deaths and whatnot.

Reactions: YuriLucien
Y'know, I'm unbelievably glad you brought that up because I honestly hadn't considered it before.
My intention was to make this a darker interpretation of the original book, involving character deaths and whatnot.

I just think that your interpretation with the darker vision is enough. Say its inspired by the books. Because I always like to explore avenues the book didn't.

Gives you more creative freedom and gives the members more creative freedom.

I am still down, I do love me some goosebumps I use to own every book. You know when like five or six books would be packaged together.

Excellent!
Say, do you think the playable cast should all be human or should some be monsters as well?

That is a good question!!! Hmm, maybe make both playable? As a GM, do you enjoy terrifying your players? Also, do you want a CO-GM? If so, I'd love to help!

Excellent!

And would all these playable monsters be only monsters, or could they be human slasher villains?

I just think that your interpretation with the darker vision is enough. Say its inspired by the books. Because I always like to explore avenues the book didn't.

Gives you more creative freedom and gives the members more creative freedom.

I am still down, I do love me some goosebumps I use to own every book. You know when like five or six books would be packaged together.
I used to spend tremendous amounts of time at my school's library reading those books. That nostalgia never really wore off.
That being said, I agree with what you said about taking inspiration.
That is a good question!!! Hmm, maybe make both playable? As a GM, do you enjoy terrifying your players? Also, do you want a CO-GM? If so, I'd love to help!
Making both playable has its own set of pros and cons. The pro is that players have a bit more freedom in managing the way they interact with the story. The con is that the mystery is downplayed if some characters know more about the park than the rest of them do. But yes, terrifying players is my priority!

I'd also be delighted to have a co-GM. We might need some low-scale universe crafting if we're going our own route and not directly basing this off of the books.

I can help with low world building. World building is my jimmy jam. I love world building.

• Bucket of Rainbows
And would all these playable monsters be only monsters, or could they be human slasher villains?
As long as there was a supernatural element to them, it could go either way.
Like with Jason Voprhees' immortality, for example.

As long as there was a supernatural element to them, it could go either way.
Like with Jason Voprhees' immortality, for example.

Oh yeah absolutely of course. I'll be perfectly honest and say I have a "new school slasher" waiting for a home. He's a resurrected corpse. He was resurrected by his mother whose a witch and now all of this sounds terribly silly. But he's immortal unless you destroy the item that was the artifact used to summon him and bind him on his rampage of revenge and killing poor teenagers who get in the way of that. lol

Tbh, he was going to be part of a horror mashup RP I was doing Slashers versus Slashers versus Teenagers trying to uncover all of their identities and send them back to hell or wherever the fuck they came from. It never went off. And he never got a home. And I'll find a way to insert him somewhere. lol

I can help with low world building. World building is my jimmy jam. I love world building.
Any and all help is appreciated! Now, the first predicament is that there's a lot of different versions of Horrorland, but for the sake of simplicity I'll only discuss two of them. The first is like the one in the books, where the setup is like any ordinary amusement park where the attractions are all bundled together without any rhyme or reason. The second is having the park divided into variously themed zones (like Disneyworld's numerous 'kingdoms'). The latter is the course taken by the games.

Any and all help is appreciated! Now, the first predicament is that there's a lot of different versions of Horrorland, but for the sake of simplicity I'll only discuss two of them. The first is like the one in the books, where the setup is like any ordinary amusement park where the attractions are all bundled together without any rhyme or reason. The second is having the park divided into variously themed zones (like Disneyworld's numerous 'kingdoms'). The latter is the course taken by the games.

The latter I can work with. If you actually take a look at my RP, Trials and Tribulations, that's exactly what I am doing. What can be more fun for the members the GM. Is to not reveal every section right off the bat and so each time you step into a new section it fits a theme, a bit like a video game and checkpoints. But it would definitely be fun.

Then, it could balance the players playing villains

and the ones playing the survivors trying to escape

Now I am okay with popping into the RP when my section is up. But some people might not be, but that's merely my suggestion

I do love mysteries! As a GM, I work hard to make it exciting!

Also, while I loooove Goosebumps I was more of a Fear Street fan. XD So I'm not picky about the original book or anything. I'm mostly in it for the premise.

I do love mysteries! As a GM, I work hard to make it exciting!

Also, while I loooove Goosebumps I was more of a Fear Street fan. XD So I'm not picky about the original book or anything. I'm mostly in it for the premise.
Oh, but this leaves us with but only the most important question of the day.
Which is your favorite Fear Street book?

Oh, but this leaves us with but only the most important question of the day.
Which is your favorite Fear Street book?

The Secret Bedroom

or

The Thrill Club [actually that be a great one to try and adapt into a RP as well]

I know you were asking them, but I felt like answering. lol

Hehe, a favorite is tough... I loved Camp Fear Ghouls. But I don't remember all the ones I read. XD It's been over twenty years lol.

Hehe, a favorite is tough... I loved Camp Fear Ghouls. But I don't remember all the ones I read. XD It's been over twenty years lol.

What are you doing, get back to reading them.

lol no I am kidding mine are in storage right now getting old. So when you finally pull them out they'll have that used storage smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.