Good rock bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyd Jhesus

Sinless Sinner
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
I have been getting into rock and roll over the year (Mostly punk it seems from what wiki says) and I have been sticking to paramour (latest album garbage) and Blood on the Dance Floor. (Odd Future with guitars) I just want to know any bands that you guy think i would like that are recent. Those 2 above are my bands of this era but i like Led Zeppelin, Rage against the machine, Jimi Hendrix and Guns N Roses. Just looking for more bands to enjoy and i wouldn't mine if you told me some good Jazz players too. Recently found John Coltrain, Freaking epic.

You may like Stone Sour, Imagine Dragons, Avenged Sevenfold, Halestorm, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Linkin Park. The best thing for me personally is getting onto Pandora and tagging a bunch of bands on one station. I have learned I like a lot of different things that way and it's a good way to expose yourself to music you might not otherwise listen too of your own accord. Even tagging all of the bands I mentioned above would make a good station with good amounts of variety in it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kyd Jhesus
Seconding most of @Santario's suggestions, plus...

I always highly recommend Blue October. ^^ They have a wide range- I would recommend listening to Conversation Via Radio; to me it's the most stereotypical Blue October song there is, the rest are all similar to it in one way or another. If you like it, you'll probably like most of what they do.

Fall Out Boy is also quite good. I've liked certain songs from them in the past, but their latest album Save Rock and Roll is outstanding. Not a bad song on it.

If you don't mind a flashback, The Cranberries are really awesome. 90's rock band featuring a lead female singer with a thick Irish accent- what's not to love? Zombie is probably their best song.

The Killers are a few years past the height of their popularity, but still pretty awesome. Mr. Brightside is just a classic song, but all of their Hot Fuss and Day & Age albums are good.

Reactions: Kyd Jhesus
@Lady Sabine Thank you, and yes those are great too and now that I have more too, lol. All That remains, Nonpoint, Volbeat, Hollywood Undead (Though they are a bit more Rap but think Rap/Rock. Hear me Now, Young, Black Dahlia, Pour me, and Comin in hot are some of my favorite songs from them.), Papa roach is an older band but still a good one. I literally saw everyone of these bands in concert last year.

Edit:

Also A Skylit Drive (bit screamish but not too bad I like most of their stuff) and The Rasmus (They are a bit more of an soft rock/Alt rock)

Last edited:
Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Eagles of Death Metal, Mutemath and Danko Jones are the bands that just fell into my mind when I read this.
Every band I listed except for Mutemath might be too "old school" as compared to the bands you mentioned yourself, but it's worth giving them a shot. Widen your horizons, don't get stuck on labels such as "punk-rock" and just enjoy the music. =)

AC/DC, Queens of the stone age, A perfect Circle, and a few tracks from Bloodsimple (yet they get slightly metal here and there)

Reactions: 2 people
If anyone wants some 1970's-esque rock, there's Arctic Monkey's AM that's always a good listen. Got some grunge-type alt. rock and other good sounds to it. Lostprophets is another good pick for rock, but for them I'd recommend Weapons or Liberation Transmission. Their other stuff isn't quite up to par with having coherent lyrics. Sabine took Fall Out Boy, who decided to have a cameo of Elton John.

Well, these are some of the classic groups I like:
  • Bon Jovi (recommend 'Crossroads' and 'the Circle')
  • The Eagles
  • Billy Joel
  • Queen
  • Dragonforce (recommend 'sonic firestorm')
  • Rush
  • Ozzy Osbourne (look for Black Sabbath tracks before 1980)
  • Nightwish (I know it's not technically Rock but it's not really heavy metal either. Most rock fans I know liked them, I recommend 'Dark Passion Play' highly)

Nightwish is Rock it's just soft rock. I love them along with Within Temptation.

Night wish was once power-metal, I saw them at the Trocadero , and I want TAJRA BACK SHE WAS THE ONE AND ONLY.

T^T

Tarja...come back...come back

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
Older Rock Bands: Bon Jovi, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stone Temple Pilots, Creed, Styx, Green Day, Van Halen, Nirvana...
Aloe Blacc is pretty good jazz-ish.
Modern Rock Bands: Skillet, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Shinedown, We As Human, Trapt, Sick Puppies, Thousand Foot Krutch, Red Light Kings, Evanescence, Three Days Grace, 3 Doors Down, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Used... there are a lot of good ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.