Good Grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Good Grief

Original poster
Hey there everyone. Thirty-something male here who, if you can believe it, is entirely new to roleplaying. I was pointed towards this wonderful site and, while I'm a bit overhwhelmed by everything at the moment, I'm hoping to get to grips with how it all works pretty quickly.

I'm a writer at heart but due to anxiety, depression and a slew of other grim situations, I haven't really had an outlet for my creativity. So...this is a new and welcomed path for me. I hope to very much enjoy the ride! Forgive me for not knowing the ropes!

Welcome to Iwaku,

I like to say welcome to Iwaku. I am glad to see you joined we have everything from chat roleplay to thread and pm roleplay what ever you prefer. I am Just a community volunteer, not full on staff. Make sure to read the rules, if you haven't already, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you are new to role playing in general, welcome we have many helpful tips, and discussions. We also have many Helpful staff and memebers.

I am Dark Disney, I have been on here a year now. Please feel free to pm me at any time, I do have a husband and Job that I only work 5 hours a day, I may not answer right away. I do have a blog that will tell you what is going on my life feel free to look at it and see where I am. I do love this site. Their is something for everyone, here on this website is literally a place to call home away from home. Need an outlet we have Blogs and a counseling section. If it is a major problem with a member inform the staff immediately. If it is a problem with the site their is a bug report in help desk. Normally happens with updates.

The people you will meet on here are just as nice and I am proud to say some are good friends, and some are like family and I really do love all them. Now I have put some helpful links in here for you. Now go and explore our wonderful home and welcome to the family.

Most important rule, respect the staff and here it is most important rule Have fun.

Your friendly Neighborhood,
Dark. Disney.Triplet

Welcome!
Feel free to ask if you have any questions. There are lots of wonderful resources that Disney already linked, and for everything else most people here can lend a hand ^_^ Myself included.

Hey there everyone. Thirty-something male here who, if you can believe it, is entirely new to roleplaying. I was pointed towards this wonderful site and, while I'm a bit overhwhelmed by everything at the moment, I'm hoping to get to grips with how it all works pretty quickly.

I'm a writer at heart but due to anxiety, depression and a slew of other grim situations, I haven't really had an outlet for my creativity. So...this is a new and welcomed path for me. I hope to very much enjoy the ride! Forgive me for not knowing the ropes!
Hey, welcome!

RP is an excellent outlet for creativity and there are no "ropes" as such to learn. Every partner you work with will have their own approach to writing. Really, the only "rule" of role playing is to respect the boundaries of your partner. Secondly, don't panic if the cohesion doesn't exist with your partner as you find you will go through numerous partners. It's a bit like finding a like-minded musician with whom you can jam. Though disappointing, there is definitely someone out there in terms of creative compatibility.

If you want to know more, let me know.

Once again, welcome.

Hint: develop your resume. That can help to narrow down compatible RP partners for you.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It's really appreciated. and for all the hints and tips.

Hi! Welcome to Iwaku! I'm not an expert by any means, but willing to help when I can :)
I know what you mean about it being rather overwhelming at first; I felt exactly the same when I first came here. I was surprised at how quickly I managed to catch on, though.
Roleplay is definitely a wonderful outlet; one I'm glad you've discovered!
Wishing you the be

"i~whack~you."

It's okay. It means Welcomein Rabbit. And you are a bunny now too. It's okay too. See the squiggly lines and dot at the top left, veeeery tooooooop left? Its a bunny just like you. Oh and I know your user name is Good Grief but... Well, we don't hand out good grief here. We hand out good--

~Rainbows to the face!!~

Status
Not open for further replies.