Good Girl meets Bad Boy College Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharla grabbed her last ball laughing at Thorains comments. She positioned herself and she let the basketball go. the ball bounced on the rim forcing it to circle the rim a few times. Sharla watched as the ball toyed with the rim until it finally made a decision. The ball circled so much it finally just bounced out of the goal. Sharla covered her face with her hands as she sighed. The guy clapped his hands "I'm so sorry pretty lady". Sharla put on a fake pout "I really wanted that bear"

As Thorain saw the ball rise into the air it seemed that it was likely to go in. However it seemed that Sharla's cute laugh seemed to throw her game off as it didn't go in. With a shrug Thorain said, "At least you did better than I did." The man always ready for more money offered them to try again. However Thorain knew better. These carnivals didn't lose. However he wouldn't mind if Sharla wanted to try again. She almost won last time. With that he said, "It's up to you Sharla. I wanna go on other rides."

Sharla crossed her arms over her chest "Naw I don't wanna test my luck". Sharla looked at the man "But I still won a prize and I want it". The man smiled then unhooked a small pocket sized cat toy. Sharla walked to the counter and took her prize "Thank you so much".

"And this is for your friend" The guy said as he handed her a smiley face keychain. Sharla laughed as she ran back over to Thorain. "This is for you my friend. Its kind of cute if you ask me" she said as she handed him the prize.

Thorain thought that Sharla's cat toy was cute. He was also surprised by the smiley key chain. "Thank you" Thorain told the man smiling and then he led Sharla toward some close ride. "You wanna do the bumper cars next? Or maybe the ferris wheel?"

"Well we already did what I want to do. so you can choose" Sharla said as she looked down at the toy cat in her hand. She liked the big animated eyes that starred straight ahead, The white fur that felt like soft cotton, and the little pink tongue that stuck out. She was happy she had won something but she was more happy Thorain was having fun.

Thorain enjoyed both rides very well and noticed the Ferris Wheel moved at a much quicker pace than the bumper cars. As such he threw his head in the general direction before saying, "Ferris wheel it is. I just hope you can stand the heights."

"Sure" Sharla said as she walked side by side with Thorain. When they got there the ride operator went down the line giving out roses to the couples. When he got to them Sharla looked at Thorain. "Hello there this for you to give to her. The Ferris wheel has always been the couples choice." He said as he moved down the line. Sharla laughed "That sounds so rehearsed".

Thorain laughed and said, "Yeah it does, I guess since it's the last day they probably want to give the roses away. Besides it makes people want to come back next year." He did nod his head to the man so that he would get one. Smelling the flower said, "This flower smells pretty good for being given away." He then stretched out his hand to give the flower to Sharla, however before she could reach out he pulled it back. Jokingly he stated, "You know since you owned me shooting hoops I figure this is my feel better prize. Cuz to have those skills you must be pretty good and now I'm feeling emasculated." He laughed then said, "No you better take this flower before I end up bending it or something. I'm pretty clumsy sometimes. They moved up in line a little and soon they would be getting on the ride.

(Sorry It took me a while, I was working.)

Sharla laughed as Thorain pulled the flower back. When he finally gave it to her she said "No I think if you like something that much you wouldn't let anything hurt it not even yourself. No matter how clumsy you may be". Sharla smelled the flower and smiled It did smell good. "Thank you" she said as she climbed in her seat. The view looked just as nice as the firs time. The starts shined as the carnival music played. The seats were very small making the ride a very snug one. Sharla and Thorain would be shoulder to shoulder.

As the cart moved upward Thorain was happy that the line had moved so fast. Also the view was slowly getting better as the Ferris Wheel would raise them and then pause for a moment. It did feel snug however and before they were to the top he lifted his right shoulder and after removing his arm from the cramped spot brought it over Sharla's shoulder and he let his hand rest on the plastic of the cart. As he did this he also said, "Don't think I'm putting the moves on you. It's just a little cramped for comfort. If that's okay with you."

Sharla shook her head "Its ok. it is a little cramped in here." Sharla looked at the sky it was oddly clear where you could see the stars. "That's funny you can see the stars. that's rare in the city. Where you lived the nights were beautiful you could see all the stars." Sharla wish she could reach out and touch one. She looked down at the red rose then Thorain as she remembered something. "that flower shop that i bumped into you at. What was it called ?"

In front of that flower shop Sharla met Thorain. She cant remember what he was doing there but she remembers the flower shop. She was to busy looking in the window and bumped in to him. She looked a little bigger then she does now.

Thorain enjoyed having Sharla next to him and it wasn't just because her body was pressed next to his. In fact it was like this back in his hometown. Just having her there to talk to felt easy and relaxed. He didn't have to try too hard and he could just act normally. His thoughts were interrupted as Sharla pointed out the stars. Thorain looked up and to his surprise saw quite a few stars in the air. They weren't as many as in the country but still a surprising amount. He had noticed the lack of starlight when he initially moved in and to that effect seeing these stars made him smile. They were still there, always there, even if he couldn't see them.

As Sharla brought up the flower shop Thorain laughed a little. He had tried to forget that memory, some parts at least. He then indulged her curious look stating, "You know that day we met was very crazy. Before I headed to Yearly Spring the flower shop I had been riding my horse. I usually ride her for a while in the mornings to get her some exercise. Any ways I was in the backyard and nearby our neighbors flower patch when I feel the urge to pee right? So what do I do? I dismount and hide behind my horse to pee. Well when I finish I turn around to my surprise see Sunset my horse eating my neighbors Petunias. Margaret the neighbor of course sees me stop by her flowers and thinks I'm up to no good. She sees her petunias eaten up and says I better get her some fresh ones. That's when I head to Yearly Spring and I'm looking to get her some new flowers. But when I get there this stunning girl just happens to be there looking around curiously." At this point Thorain looked at her to show he was being honest. Then he smiles and continues laughing a little and acts like hes talking about someone else. "I know most people around town so I immediately know she isn't a local. Now I don't know if she lost or just visiting so I decide to welcome her and we get to talking. We end up going inside the shop and looking around then I invite to show her around town since I know the nice joints. She agrees and we have a blast. And you know what I never bought them Petunias. She made me completely forget about them." As he finished Thorain laughed because that was the honest truth. Seeing Sharla now he noted she looked different. He broke his facade and asked, "You look a little different. Did you loose weight?"

Sharla looked at the stars "Yea I did, not by choice though. I call this the stress diet". Sharla laughed but it was true. She had been through a lot of things. When she met Thorain she was chubby but during her time with him and when she went back home she started to loose weight because of the stress. They didn't know much about each other her and Thorain. so he didn't know her story about why she was there and who she was. They just kind of talked about other things because she would avoid the questions she didn't want to answer.

Thorain thought for a while at what Sharla had just said. The he said in a pensive tone, "Hmm well that's not good. I mean we all have stress but that must be something serious to affect you so." The ride continued stopping and going and by know they were at the top of the Ferris wheel. Thorain then spoke up after letting their words sink in, "If you wanna talk about it I'm here you know? But only if you want to." Another few moments passed and Thorain just looked around enjoying the view.

Sharla smiled to herself at Thorains nice gesture but she wasn't ready for that. Amanda and one other person only knew about Sharla and her horrible past. She looked at him and said "Thank you. Your um really nice". She gave him an awkward pat on the hand with her fingers. She felt the ride slowing down meaning the end of the ride and soon the end of this outing with Thorain.

He understood what she was trying to convey. And he respected her decision to hold back. They barely knew each other and were just meeting up after a while. The rest of the ride was quiet as both were in thought Sharla in her thoughts and Thorain? Well Thorain was thinking back on the story he had just told Sharla. It was all true. After he had hung out with her that day he headed home and remembered the Petunias. He dreaded going home and figured he'd get yelled at by an angry neighbor. He also figured his mom would find out and then he'd have two angry women yelling at him. However he was welcomed by a surprise as he found his mother and neighbor laughing over some lemonade. Apparently his mother had remedied the situation and they were just talking. He was always thankful for his mother. And now remembering her in that moment made him sad. A few weeks after she passed and nothing was the same.

The latch opened up and they were to head out. Thorain shook with a start as he realized where they were. Standing up and getting out he checked his pockets to see if anything was missing. He looked behind to Sharla.

Sharla looked at Thorain before climbing out "Is something wrong?" she said looking into his eyes. She could tell he was in deep thought on the ride but she didn't want to over step her boundaries. "Well you know just like you said im here for you if you wanna talk". Sharla made sure she had her rose and it was still in good condition.

Thorain shook out of his thought and he forgot he wasn't by himself. He then replied shrugging, "You caught me deep in thought. Sorry about that. And thanks for the offer I may take you up on it one of these days." They headed out of the lines and Thorain looked around for another ride. He wasn't sure which other ride would be good. As such he asked, "Which one you wanna do next?" As he glanced over he saw she was taking care of the rose very well and he smiled a little.

Sharla smelled the rose. She really hated the smell of them but this one wasn't so bad. "well we have time for go karts before its closing time and there's no line" Sharla said grabbing Thorains hand pulling him to the entrance of the ride. As she walked at a fast pace you could hear her heels clacking in a rhythm. The guy opened the gate for them to pick cars but Sharla stopped Thorain. "Lets make a bet. you choose the prize since I kicked your butt in hoops" Sharla laughed.

As Sharla grabbed Thorain he felt her pulling on him and all he could do was follow. The scent of her perfume followed her and THorain caught a whiff of the lovely fragrance just as they arrived at the go karts. The karts were one of his favorite rides when he was little he liked going fast and liked the thrill of it all. Sharla surprised him with this bet she suggested. He was thinking about betting a date however he second guessed it as being to forward. Besides they had just seen each other and still needed to get to know each other.As such he played it like anyone else would have and said, "You know I'm gonna win this time so you might as well pick the bet. It wouldn't be fair for me to pick something I will win anyways."

Status
Not open for further replies.