Good Girl meets Bad Boy College Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Its the end of summer carnival. Todays the last day so everything is free except the food of course" Sharla laughed a little. As they got closer the lights shined brighter and the music became louder. "So what did you do for the rest of the summer." she asked

Thorain was admiring the lights and sounds of the carnival. He always had fun at carnivals and would go on all the rides and never get sick. Smiling happily as he looked around memories of the past left a bittersweet sensation within. He and his mom would always get turkey legs at least once at the carnival and just watch the kids enjoying themselves. Sharla's laugh brought Thorain back to his present, and her mentioning food stirred his stomach. The smell of food and sound of kids laughter was a good one and he responded, "Well after you left things got quite boring actually. I just ended up getting a job and playing my guitar in the evenings to the crickets around my porch. What about you?" Thorain was still a little sensitive when it came to his mother and didn't mention her much if at. But figured eventually he'd be able to talk about her.

Sharla walked through the entrance. When she heard him ask the question in her mind she said hell but out loud she said "I went back home. well here the big big city but when I got back it wasn't as fun". Sharla looked around "Makes you feel like a kid again huh?" Sharla always went to carnivals most of the time by herself. Her parents were either to busy or just didn't want to go when she asked. So she went on her own sneaking out and finding her own way around the city.

Thorain agreed, "Yeah I like that feeling of happiness." As he looked around he could see some familiar rides that are standard for any carnival. The bumper cars weren't too far away and in the distance some screams came from a good sized roller coaster. To his right Thorain saw the games of chance, always asking people to shoot a basketball at the hoop or something. After enjoying the scene long enough Thorain jokingly asked, "So you ready to get on a ride or you just planned on watching?"

"Sure lets go" Sharla said as she grabbed his hand quickly walking to the first roller coaster. The line wasn't that long and they would be getting on soon. Sharla looked at Thorain "I hope your not scared." she said jokingly. She noticed she was holding his hand and kindly slid her away from he's. A little embarrassed she put her hand behind her back and weakly smiled. To her his hand was warm and it felt strong like she remembered.

As she grabbed his hand Thorain felt her warmth around his own hand. Her soft skin felt nice and Thorain easily let himself be pulled by Sharla. As they approached the roller coaster Thorain grew excited at the fun they were about to have. As they waited in line Thorain replied to her joke by saying, "actually Roller coasters terrify me so excuse me when ii scream like a little girl." He had noted she held his hand for a while, it felt nice, giving him a warm feeling. Thorain then continued the conversation saying, "You're very sweet worrying about me, but what about yourself? You think you can keep up with me?"

Sharla laughed when he said that. The answered "do you know who your talking to. I might be sweet but every girl has a competitive side you know. After this I'll kick your ass in the basketball toss" She said playfully poking Thorain in the chest. The ride began to slow down and people got off. The line started to move and it was exciting to Sharla. it had been awhile since she had been here. something's had changed and some where just as she remembered them.

Thorain laughed before responding, "Really now? You're going to kick my ass? Now that's something I gotta see." He then continued, "Just cuz you have a competitive side, that doesn't mean you wont lose" as he said this he playfully pressed his shoulder into Sharla's shoulder. Soon it was their turn to ride and after hearing the boring rules which no one listened to the roller coaster climed up. From here the whole carnival could be seen and it was a great view...

Sharla laughed but he was right that didn't mean she would win but it did mean she would try her hardest. As they got on the ride and climbed up to the peak of the roller coaster. She too could see the beauty of the carnival from up here. She gasped a little from the sight. This actually was her first time seeing the sight after so many years of riding this same ride. She remembered she would close her eyes real tight because she knew the fast drop would happen. It seemed like the tighter she closed her eyes the more noise she could drown out making the ride less scary. Sometimes she wished she could do that in her life just close her eyes through the scary fast and forever seeming drop.

As the ride dropped Sharla actually kept her eyes open but held on to Thorain's arm barring her face into his shoulder a little laughing. He smelled good like an ocean she liked it.

It seemed as if the heights had stunned them both and Thorain enjoyed the scenery. The lights and sounds proved everyone was enjoying themselves. Then the adrenaline kicked in add the decent began. Thorain then felt the butterflies in his stomach kick in. It was an intense feeling but Thorain couldn't tell if it was the ride itself or if Sharla holding his arm helped. The ride continued rising and falling with a few turns here and there. Finally the ride came to a halt and as the bars came up Thorain stepped out and held out his hand.

After the ride was over she was kind of embarrassed. She couldn't believe she held on to him like that so she didn't take his hand "Its ok I got it. thank you anyway" She said smiling and helping herself out. Her phone beeped letting her know she had a text. It was from Amanda she was wondering where she was. After Sharla didn't text back fast enough she called. "Excuse me" She said walking past him answering the phone.

When she pressed answer Amanda started to yell "Where are you? I just noticed you were gone." She silently yelled

"Im fine im just a couple of blocks up at the carnival. Im with Thorain its cool" Sharla said turning around. She could see Thorain in the distance with the lights dancing around him.

"Are you ok? Don't tell me you started that thing again you know-" Sharla cut Amanda off

"Im fine I just needed some fresh air and I was fine after. I promise" Sharla waited for Amanda's response.

Amanda took awhile but finally spoke up "Fine im leaving here in like 2 hours I've had enough of Jessica for one night but she's introducing me to her brother. he is to sexy" They both laughed over the phone. then Amanda told her she would be waiting for her in front of the entrance when she was done at the club. Sharla hung up the phone and walked back over to Thorain. "So what about that game of ball toss?" She said smirking.

Thorain was taken back by her getting herself up. However he didn't mind as an independent lady was always a good thing. Then she got a call and Thorain was left to himself to think. He had mixed feelings about Sharla, he wasn't sure if he should just be friendly or maybe more. He was also clueless to what she wanted, and he admitted he was curious. However people don't just ask those kinds of things.

By this time Sharla was heading back and Thorain responded to her question, "Hmm alright lets see if you can shoot at all."

"Well come on, what are you waiting for?" Sharla said as she reached out to grab Thorains hand but stopped and just smiled turning on her toes and walking on. When she arrived to the game she looked at all the prizes hanging in the back. She saw this huge brown bear holding a small red box, with big brown eyes, and a cute black nose. "How much is that one?" Sharla asked the man as she pulled a hair tie out of her purse and pulled her hair into a ponytail. "That's 500 points pretty lady" He said smiling. "So basically I only need to make 5 shots out of 10. That's sounds easy" Sharla said playfully stretching her arms as if she really was a pro.

As they walked up to the hoops many different stuffed animals hung here and there all being very cute and plushy. With so many people playing it was a wonder why they all stayed hung up. Thorain figured it was because no one had won any at all. They all got tricked into playing however he was no slouch when it came to hoops and so he figured he would give it a shot. Seeing Sharla stretch Thorain did something similar practicing his arm form to just get it right. He was focusing on the hoop when he said to Sharla, "Don't pull a muscle now with all that stretching." Laughing he returned to his exercises.

"Oh darling don't worry about me you just worry about winning" She said smiling. Their turn was next so Sharla walked up standing in her spot. The man looked her up and down and pointed out she had on heels "You sure you can play in those babe". Sharla took her first ball dribbling it a couple of times before making the first basket. "Does that answer your question." The guy smirked and shrugged a little. Giving Thorain his first five balls "You gotta nice one on your hands kid" he said referring to Sharla.

Thorain was put in his place as the lovely Sharla made a basket in heels. She made it seem so easy and effortless too. Thorain gulped before doing a few practice motions before shooting. The rock bounced twice around the rim but still went in and Thorain smiled back saying, "I may not be as lucky as you are, but I can still make them." As the game's coordinator complimented him Thorain had to reply, "Maybe too nice. I didn't know she played professional on her days off."

Sharla laughed 'well I wouldn't say im the best. I just know a few things that's all." Sharla made another basket this being her second one. She didn't do fancy hand gestures or tricks. she just did a granny shot every time and it went in. "I just know to try and hit it in the square and from this height I should make it every time. With the right amount of force that is" She said making her third basket. "Two more and I get that bear" she said looking at Thorain. The guy sat down in his chair smirking. he wanted to see where this would go between the two.

Thorain was interested by this girl. She had thought about this in a unique way that he hadn't thought about before. All he ever did was just shoot and hope it landed. Of course his pride didn't let him say that so he just said, "Huh cool." He then shot another basket which bounced around a lot but eventually landed inside. He knew that one had been pure luck with a shy grin he said, "Looks like i'm off today. I think you might have taken my mojo." Thorain wondered if he'd make the next shot but he didn't think so. He wanted to wait and see is Sharla would make hers. As such he said, "Go ahead. Ladies first."

Sharla shot the next basket making it. As she turned to Thorain in a sassy way she said "Oh no sugah I have enough Mojo for the both of us.". The guy laughed to himself at Sharlas feistiness. She didn't know what was coming over her. Was it the fact of a challenge or was because she was having fun with Thorain she could let loose. Whatever it was she didn't mind it. "Well sir I think you can start wrapping up my prize. one more shot and I am a winner." She said waiting for Thorain to take his shot.

Thorain responded to Sharla's outburst saying, "Hmm it seems that you do have plenty Mojo. I wonder if you were hiding this from me just so you could show off." He laughed and as he shot again he saw the rock bounce around and fall off the rim. He missed, however he wasn't upset as he thought he would be. He was actually having fun with Sharla around and he just laguhed and spoke, "It seems my Mojo ran out. Oh well." With that he just watched Sharla to shoot. He then poked fun at her by saying, "No pressure now.."

Status
Not open for further replies.