Good Games with Some Irritating Features

• Thread starter Khan of the Mardu
  • Start date
His voice is available in a replay, it's a grade reward. Everything else I agree heartily
I don't know whether that makes me happy, or even more pissed off. =_= …Will probably replay it again just to hear it.

Reactions: Minibit
Name: Transistor

System(s) released on: PC (Windows&Linux&OSX), PS4

Developer: Supergiant Games

Publisher: Supergiant Games

Release Year: 2014

Genre: According to Wikipedia, action RPG.

Main Premise: A dark plot has been put in action. Red, a famous singing entertainer, is the target of an assassination, which is foiled by someone close to her... which transfers his soul into the weapon (which is hinted to be so much more than a mere weapon). She picks up the weapon and realize she has to escape.

Short blurb on the game's strengths: Iron gameplay, gold story, platinum soundtrack and it's very innovative in it's methods (no real main menu, when you launch you're thrown straight into gameplay, unseen-before combat system, and so on).

Main Issue(s): Simply put, I have two issues with it. The first one is the lives system. You technically can have up to four lives per fight... because once you lose all your health, one of your Functions (the game's equivalent to skills) overloads, burnt out in it's socket until you can replace it at an access point (and even then it's only available again after you access two more access points). Which means that if you're already struggling in a fight and lose all your health, you lose abilities, which at least for me lead to even more struggle. The second one is "Men". Men are a type of enemies which are pretty overpowered. Some types can heal others, some other can make ALL "men" masked (and thus not hittable), and there's also the fact that they throw homing missile-type enemies that can't really be dodged, can be hard to shoot down AND that take out a solid quarter on your health when they hit you. There's nothing more enraging than an enemy that powerful when you can't hit it reliably.

Reactions: The Ghost Note
The men was a pain in the ass. But once you understood how to deal with them it got easy.

I must have been doing something wrong, because even when I realized how to defeat them (target and kill the stealthies, then the agressive then the speedies), they were still an abominable pain in the ass that claimed at least one function per fight. Something not even the final boss can say does.

Nah. YOu use charm. Charm anyone of them, they start tearing each other apart.

...Yeah, that's my mistake. Never really used Charm. Will try that on my next playthrough.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

Restricted Area. Took me flippin forever to find out how to find the damn harbour...

Name: Shadow the Hedgehog
Systems: PS2, Gamecube
Developer: Sega
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Year: 2005
Genre: Platformer, Third Person Shooter, Action-Adventure
Plot: You play as Shadow the Hedgehog as he tries to make sense of his past, when Black Doom comes to him, Shadow must collect the Chaos Emeralds to find out about his past.
Strengths: Music is awesome, Love the edgy approach, Level design is great, Overall, an ok game.
Issues: I don't get why you have to play the same levels over and over again just to get the Last Way, I also don't get what's up with all the language, Likewise, Some of the characters like Amy Rose and Vector, sound insanely annoying.