Golden Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clara's head shot up as the sound of angry voices filled the hall a boy and girl,she didn't know either of them.Clara saw what the girl had done, a smile crept across her face that girl was someone who she wanted to meet. Clara stood and pushed her chair in and strode out after the girl.

Symfora got startled when someone hit the fist in to the table and screamed
"would you be QUIET" It was some guy, she hadn't met him before, at least she couldn't remember meeting him before.
"I didn't ask you to be in my thoughts, nor did I give you permission. You rude dog!" The girl he were with said. Well well, this could be some great entertaining, Symfora thought. She hadn't even needed to do anything and the entertainment had already started anyways.
But to Symforas disapointment, the girl apologised to the guy. She sighted loudly and started to eat again. Couldn't people even fight one minute before apologising now a days.

Lilieth moved quickly out of everyone's view, a deep sigh escaped her lips. She hoped at this distance Rayce couldn't hear her thoughts. Slowing her pace, she reached up to wipe at her eyes. The hall was silent, and that made her happy. Until the sounds of foot steps behind her, "Oh what now?!.........." She trailed off as she spun around. That wasn't who she expected at all, "Oh I'm terribly sorry....I thought you were someone else." Lilieth sputtered quickly, now she felt like a real jerk. The girl could of been heading to her own dorm, and she yelled at her like a banshee.

Shaking her head she turned her head to keep walking, "Calm, happy thoughts, soft rippling waves, sea horses, turtles." Lilieth thought of the sea, calming her nerves. Everything about the sea calmed her, it was her home, power, and life. Though this night she used her abilities against someone else. Lilieth hated herself for it, he didn't deserve that. How would she feel if she could hear everyone's thoughts against her will. Must be horrible, deep in thought she wasn't sure if the girl was following her or not.

Amaya was glad to hear the girl’s name, though she figured that many would already know it since she had been here for a few years. Amaya wasn’t very social, she did what she had to do and spoke to those that spoke to her. As the girl guessed that Amaya was staying in the Light dorms as well she chuckled softly and nodded. “Mhm but don’t worry. I’m sure plenty of people know it; I’m not exactly mean to many people or anything and I think my powers aren’t up for being evil.” She shrugged her shoulders before turning to stare at the ruckus at another table. Obviously someone had upset the pastry boy as she heard his voice become louder than those around him as he asked, no pretty much demanded the girl be quiet. Amaya crinkled her brow for a moment trying to think of where she had seen the boy before, oh that was Rayce and he could read minds. Obviously the girl had been thinking a lot. Another soft chuckle escaped Amaya’s lips before long legs bought her to a rise. “Tis a pleasure to meet you Gwyneth, but if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll be retiring soon. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow.” She planned on stopping by Rayce and seeing what was going on before she left though. She had learned over the years that she could comfort people easily; her mother said it was because of her affinity for earth and animals.

Petite feet carried her curvaceous frame towards Rayce. Obviously the girl was upset as she stood up and left the room quickly. Amaya could tell that the female was about to cry but she figured that others should learn whom they were dealing with before they spoke to Rayce, he had quite a temper on him and could be very opinionated sometimes. Coming to stand beside him at the table Amaya reached out gently putting her hand on his arm. “Rayce, is everything okay?” She asked in a soft voice, she figured he would have a headache by now. Swallowing for a moment she thought within her mind, directed towards him of course. ‘I have some tea that will help your headache; do you want me to bring it to you later?’ She knew he wouldn’t want to the others to know that he own powers caused him pain, that’s why she sent the thought towards him instead of saying it aloud.

Gwyneth jumped as some boy's loud voice echoed throughout the room. "What the--?" she twisted around in her seat and frowned. It was that white-haired boy again. What was his problem? Jeez.

She didn't even know the kid's name and already she found herself judging him. Come on, Gwynnie, let's not be hasty. I'm sure he has some sort of reason. Just wait. Maybe he'll be in my classes, I'll see if he's really a jerk then. Still a bit disgruntled from the shout, Gwyneth turned back around in her seat and grimaced to Amaya. "Sorry, curiosity got the better of me." she blinked, then smiled. "Sure, I don't mind. I'll probably be heading up soon, too."

Frowning, Gwyneth tried to decide if she should talk to the boy. She liked to know things and it was beginning to bother her that she didn't know much about him. Come to think of it, she couldn't recall the two girls he was standing by either. She would need to investigate that too. The trick would be to tame her curiosity and keep her snooping to a minimum. She wanted to know them, but not that much. She stuck a finger in her water and swirled it around absentmindedly, staring off into space. Maybe she should talk to him, possibly it had been the girl's fault and not his, but then again, what did she know?

She glanced at the boy out of the corner of her eye, focusing her power on him for a moment before glancing away and deciding not to do it. Who knew what his power was? She personally didn't want to get on hid bad side by intruding in his personal feelings. She still watched, though, as Amaya went up to him. Gwyneth tilted her head to the side and decided to go up to him some other day.

Clara smiled and raised her hands in surrender, then walking beside her spoke " it's ok,you seem pretty rattled. Just wander if you could use someone to talk to" Ahh she was a daughter of Posiden " I like the sea too, seems to calm me down. I'm Clara by the way" Clara extend her hand

Lilieth stopped walking abruptly, as a invading voice penetrated her thoughts. She tilted her head to look over at the girl, "No I'm fine. No need to talk about the past." She reached over to the girl's hand, clasping it softly with her own, "I am Lilieth daughter of Poseidon, Future goddess of the sea." Her voice sounded slightly happier. "I haven't seen you around Golden Mountain before." The statement was more of a question, she really hadn't seen Clara before. However, the girl had a odd appearance. Some of Clara's features reminded her of her own father, shaking her head quickly to throw the thought aside. Maybe Rayce was right, she did think to much. "Focus!" She screamed inside her own mind. Lilieth went silent, and forced a smile onto her lips.

"I figured you were Posiden's daughter, with the whole water controlling. Lucky you" Clara smiled. Thoughts of how lucky Lilieth crept into her mind,they were broken the the question "oh me, I try to stay unseen,but I've been here before". Clara could tell the smile was forced "are you headed for the dark or light dorms?" she started to walk again

Lilieth looked her over slowly, "Light, and you shouldn't hide. Can't make friends that way." She spoke while diving back into her thoughts, why hide and why sound envious over her father? Clearly she didn't know the man, he was a tyrant. Constantly judging everything from emotions to behavior. Always wanting his children to hurt, and destroy everything. The man held no compassion for the mortals, especially when they ended up in his element or anywhere near it.

Lilieth could remember him constantly demanding a sacrifice. The most beautiful and virtuous women would end up in the belly of the kraken. The thought of that creature made her shiver, lucky not in the slightest. "So what are you goddess of?" Lilieth asked quickly trying to rid herself of thoughts.

Clara smiled "same" she let the words wash over her. Lilieth didn't like her father and that was understand able " oh me,not to sure yet but probably a lesser goddess of wild things." They were nearing the dorm doors "mind if we hang out in the commons for awhile?" the sound of desperation in her voice was hidden. Her mind was flooded with voices and pain.

Well...this is new.

Rayce let the water cascade on his face regardless of how slow it actually did sprout. He figured as much from the daughter of Poseidon himself, but didn't think he ticked her off that badly. That may have explained why the water unnaturally flew out of the cup. Rayce saw the entire thing happen in slow motion. The pellets of water that danced out of the cup in an unstable manor, as if it were forced out by rage other than will power. His cerulean eye flinched as he prepared himself to stop the water in mid flight with his power...but decided against it. Hera had just mentioned not to fight with one another, and even though this Lileth was clearly asking for it, Rayce wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing that he pissed her off. Which she did.

With his mind on restraint for a slight second, Rayce felt the cold water splash on his face. It didn't sting like water should do when its thrown at a high kinetic force, but instead, it felt soothing. The wet droplets soothed his face which was surprisingly fiery in his annoyance towards the girl. He only blinked at her with an innocent gaze as she shouted about the permission to enter her mind. The soothing water treatment was gone just that fast. Permission? She was the one who was screaming in his ears the whole time! Rayce boiled his fist and only smirked when she walked away, hearing the embarrassed and sad tinges in her mind's vocal cords. Interesting.

Seconds later, the hall was flooded with thoughts and noise again, and make no mistake that the main topic was himself. Rayce sighed inwardly at his foolish decision to snap at the girl who had made her exit with a huff, followed by another who wanted to voice her concern for Lileth.

That guy is a jerk.

What just happened?

I wonder if she's okay...

Oh, that's Rayce. The God of Psychic. The outcast boy.

Typical. Rayce had finally tolerated enough of the night to know that if he stayed in the hall for much longer, he would destroy it in less than 10 seconds. With the intent of departing to his dorm, Rayce took one step forward before feeling a light hand on his arm. Rayce was quickly taken off guard when someone came in physical contact to him as he snatched himself away with a jerk of his arm. He spun around and meant to royally swear at the person, until he saw the beautiful blond Amaya. Rayce's eyes suddenly softened when the girl conversed through her mind. Since he held eye contact with the woman, it made it gradually easier to block out everyone else and clearly focus on what she suggested. When he heard tea...he was pissed all over again.

"Tea. No. I'm sure I've had my fair share of drinks tonight."he said with an high air of sarcasm as the water from Lileth's wrath snaked down the ends of his white bangs and they splattered to the ground. Everyone in here hated him and that only made him want sleep that much more. Without even mentioning a good bye, Rayce brushed past her and out of the hall, away from the chaos that he caused unintentionally. Story of my life. Remembering the events only caused the growl that escaped through his teeth to deepen as he strode down the hallways of Golden Mountain.

Lilieth nodded her head slowly, "Sure I wouldn't mind sitting for awhile." Her words spoke softly, and the guilt from squirting Rayce was really bringing her down. She needed human interaction at the current point in time, "Tell me who are your parents?" She asked curiously, trying to keep the conversation going. While waiting for Clara to respond she made a mental note to properly apologize to Rayce tomorrow. Surely she had over reacted, and it wasn't usually in her nature to have such a outburst.

Once in the common room Lilieth sat in a high arched chair, the lavender cushions felt nice. Leaning over slowly to the near by seat she patted it softly, "Come sit." She said through a huge smile.

Clara returned the smile,wow, was Lilieth nice. Hope welled in her,maybe she'd had a true friend here. She sat the the seat appointed by Lilieth,the high backed chair was in a contrasting color to the others. Navy blue with a gold trim the story of Athena and Archdia carved into the wooden frame. Clara's smile faded with the question she asked,no point in being ashamed "my mother is Thia who is distantly related to Artemis and is the famous mad women of Ocras Island. and my father is suspected to be either Zeus or Posiden, I've never been claimed" even as Clara spoke she could feel eyes staring at her.

Pale blue hue watched calmly as Rayce jerked from her hand; she was used to his attitude by now and decided not to let it bug her. Hearing his voice and the way his tone dripped with sarcasm she simply shrugged her shoulders and smiled calmly. “Your loss then. Have a nice night Rayce.” She called after him as he practically stomped from the room. Sighing softly Amaya began to glide forward towards the exit of the dining hall. She had become tired; her long ride up the mountain and to the school had worn her out and her muscles slightly ached as she walked down the hall towards the stone steps that led to the light dorms. Blonde locks of hair danced down her slim back as she as she took graceful steps through the entry hall. Smiling and nodding politely to other students along her way she approached the steps. Petite feet carried her slim frame up the steps as thoughts of the greenhouse filled her mind and what classes she would choose to take besides meditation. She enjoyed the meditation classes; they calmed her and cleared her mind. Pale hues widened for a moment as she noticed a small kitten loping down the hallway towards the light dorms. Smiling she knelt down she held out her hand towards the grey and black kitten. “Kitty kitty.” She spoke softly and the small kitten turned to look at her ‘Person!’ She could hear its thoughts as it ran towards her happily. ‘Pet me! Pet me! Pet me!’ It exclaimed happily while meowing sweetly at her as it bumped against her fingers. Chuckling softly she petted its soft fur before picking it up and cradling it against her chest. Amaya could tell that the small kitten was a little boy and that its mother was around the grounds somewhere possibly looking for it at the moment. “Hey there lil guy, I think I might just name you Midnight.” She cooed at the small animal while petting it and scratching it behind its ears. Smiling softly she walked towards the dorms and pushed the door open noticing the girl with an affinity for water and another female she hadn’t met yet.

Hearing the last words of her sentence Amaya smiled softly towards both females and held the kitten out to the raven haired girl with dark colored eyes. Amaya thought she was beautiful and spoke in a carefree tone. “Here you go, this little guy needs some company and I don’t think my rooms quite the place for him with all of the plants I have in there. His name’s Midnight and he’s quite playful. I have a feeling he’s a cuddle bug at night.” Amaya smiled, having gotten the image of the kitten snuggling beneath someone’s chin from his mind. Amaya could sense animals’ thoughts and feelings along with plants. Many thought that plants didn’t have feelings but Amaya had learnt that they indeed do; they could be happy or unhappy in certain settings and could help with many different things. Turning to the other female she had seen send water splashing into Rayce’s face she smiled before glancing between the two. “My name’s Amaya, it’s a pleasure to meet you. Do you mind if I join you?” Blonde locks fell across her shoulders she bent down to set the kitten on the ground, its little legs automatically carrying it towards the female she had offered it to. Smiling again Amaya sat down on a sofa across from the two girls and placed her hands in her lap atop her blue silk dress. She was wondering if the other girls would take the same classes as her the next day or not before speaking softly. “Just so you know, I am Hecate's youngest daughter. I do not know who exactly my father is either, my mother never told me and still won’t to this day. She claims that I do not need to know and that I will figure it on my own if I ever do need to know.” She voice was soft, and she hoped that by sharing that small piece of information about herself with the other girls that it would help them feel more friendly towards her.

Lilieth showed no shock on her face, Poseidon was never fateful to her mother Aphrodite. Despite her beauty she couldn't keep her father in her arms. "Wouldn't surprise me if you were my half sister. He wasn't a one woman type of guy. Nor was Zues, I hope Hera isn't listening." Lilieth's voice trailed off, as she looked around suspiciously. Her gaze shifted back to Clara, and she wiggled her eyebrows at her, "We would be in trouble if she was." A bright smile appeared on her face. Clara seemed like she needed more cheering up then herself.
337547-aphrodite.jpg
"Besides even if Poseidon is your dad, you best be happy. He isn't the type to be kind to his children, well let me rephrase he isn't nice to me. The rest of my siblings are doted on." Lilieth said with the smile still present on her face, despite her inner thoughts. It must of been hard for her to grow up without knowing. Lifting her right hand Lilieth reached over to grab a beautiful orange flower from bouquet in a near by vase. Rising slowly Lilieth walked over to stand before Clara. Leaning forward she tucked the flower behind her ear, "Don't hide anymore Clara. There is a lot of people here who would love to get to know you. I'll be going out on the morrow before classes start. I need to go get a apology cake for Rayce. Your more than welcome to join me." Lilieth said clasping her hands together in front of her.
mvc-orange2.jpg
Lilieth turned slowly looking over at Amaya, "Oh hi, I didn't see you come in. Hi I'm Lilieth." She said brightly, her eyes drifted over her slowly. Walking over slowly, Lilieth reached out to shake her hand, "It is a pleasure to meet you." Her voice dripped happiness, a lot better than yelling and flinging water at people.
((I reedited my post I didn't see your post Honiahaka.))

Clara laughed " may the gods help us if she was" she listened to Lilieth tell of Posiden "well keep your chin up" she smiled and blushed as the flower was tucked behind her ear and simply nodded as the cake question came up. Clara jumped as Amaya handed her the kitten "hold me? Cuddle me?" came his little voice. Clara smiled and rubbed the ears " thank you and nice to met you. I'm Clara." Clara's eyes watched the girl,she was deffinitally beautiful. All of her posie and elegance made Clara feel out of place. Shaking off the feeling Clara smiled again "you're Amaya, the teachers keep telling me I'm not the only one who can hear and feel what the animals do"

Hate. Despise. Loath.

Similar words bounced around Rayce's head as made a detour from the Dark dorms and outside to the crisp air. It was his thinking that wavered his destination. Those were the ones that everyone at Golden Mountain used to describe him and everything he stood for. He didn't much care for words of kindness or spontaneous compliments. They would all be false, anyhow. Rayce remembered catching glimpse of Amaya's thoughts and words when he stormed out of the hall and almost rolled into a fit of laughter. It was all so typical. Typical peers of Golden Mountain being angry at something he had no control over. Typical Rayce for trying to have some peace and quiet while basking in the enjoyment of his dinner. Typical.

A wisp of night time air was the first thing that greeted Rayce when he walked out onto the courtyard. It was empty and Rayce's thanks to Zeus was at an all time high. He needed serenity. Quiet. Rayce made his way over to a bench that was stationed next to the waterfall of Athena, Goddess of Wisdom. He watched the crisp blue water flow like a tranquil stream from the tips of its worn, marble spouts. The sound of water splashing onto water only made matters worse. It reminded him of Lileth.

Despite his control over his mind, Rayce found both of his fist boiled tightly against his green and black suit as he let out a roar of frustration. The roar was was followed by a shattering of a nearby vase, the sound reverberating off of the court yard's walls. Rayce's head snapped to the source and he walked over to the shattered item. He bent down, observing the marble fragments littered across the ground, two blue roses that were also covered with marble. Rayce's eyes gazed down upon the roses and picked one up tenderly, feeling an unknown pain course through his body. The pain caused a tremor that flowed throughout his whole body, shaking his hands as he held the rose in front of him. Leave it to him to break something so beautiful. Rayce's eyes closed as a result of his pain, grasping the rose firmly as he was sure he would not be leaving the courtyard anytime soon. Tears stung his eyes and Rayce swore inside his head, gripping the rose in pain and anger, confused as to why he was suddenly feeling this way.

Lilieth walked over to the near by window, the clear glass over looked the courtyard. Rayce figure appeared in the distance, he seemed angry. The feelings of regret washed over her. How could her anger get the best of her, far as she knew he couldn't control hearing thoughts. A deep sigh escaped Lilieth's lips, clearing her mind of all thoughts. Not wanting him to hear her any further. She just stood at the window, blankly staring at the different flowers of the courtyard. Hues of the petals looked beautiful at night, "Amaya what classes do you plan on taking?" She asked curiously, wanting to have people she knew in at least in one of her classes.

She smiled, a small laugh escaping her lips. "If I were one of dashing beauty, I'd have a boyfriend. Nay, probably two, which I would keep secret from each other!" She joked, laughing, although she would never do such a thing. Still, she felt as if she was of no interest to the male species, unfortunately, considering they were of interest to her. "And the Underworld hasn't changed the slightest bit."

A boy suddenly approached, asking for a favour. Ava's green eyes narrowed slightly, wondering what he could possibly want with Lilieth. The girl obviously tried to be polite, but an apparent scowl of distaste remained within her green eyes. The boy merely told her that all was better, and drinking her drink. Ava had the temptation to make his flesh rot like a corpse's, but suppressed it.

Hera, Headmistress, entered, thankfully distracting her from becoming volatile and violent. She listened to Hera's words, soothed by her calm voice. The divinity who seeks compassion and- And then the boy shouted at Lilieth, for no apparent reason, and the urges rose yet again. A fight, a wet fight in which she received a slight dash of water in her face, insured, and Lilieth stomped off. Another girl, some blond of which Ava was pretty sure she was acquaintanced with, came over and seemed to just look at the boy- Rayce. God of Psychics. She realized what had probably happened and almost diminished the urge to slap him and run after her friend. She understood that sometimes a Darker power cannot be helped, and he was simply trying to get it under control. Ava felt sympathy, having accidently done a few things herself with her own power which caused regret, but she had no control over at the time.

Ava sighed, and picked up a pear, silently munching away before she stood and decided to walk. The call of darkness sung it's Siren song, and she wandered outdoors, deciding to go for a silent walk to enjoy the peace. Lilieth had probably found someone to comfort her anyways. In fact, Ava was almost sure it was a guy, since even she admit that Lilieth was a beauty, and had guys follow her whenever she realized it or not. Ava on the other hand... Well, freak would be a very accurate word to what she thought most people thought her of.

Still, it was not the time to dwell on such things, and she allowed her mind to go blank, dark, with only feelings of peace to occupy it as she breathed in the crisp air and revelled within the dark.
She smiled, a small laugh escaping her lips. "If I were one of dashing beauty, I'd have a boyfriend. Nay, probably two, which I would keep secret from each other!" She joked, laughing, although she would never do such a thing. Still, she felt as if she was of no interest to the male species, unfortunately, considering they were of interest to her. "And the Underworld hasn't changed the slightest bit."

A boy suddenly approached, asking for a favour. Ava's green eyes narrowed slightly, wondering what he could possibly want with Lilieth. The girl obviously tried to be polite, but an apparent scowl of distaste remained within her green eyes. The boy merely told her that all was better, and drinking her drink. Ava had the temptation to make his flesh rot like a corpse's, but suppressed it.

Hera, Headmistress, entered, thankfully distracting her from becoming volatile and violent. She listened to Hera's words, soothed by her calm voice. The divinity who seeks compassion and- And then the boy shouted at Lilieth, for no apparent reason, and the urges rose yet again. A fight, a wet fight in which she received a slight dash of water in her face, insured, and Lilieth stomped off. Another girl, some blond of which Ava was pretty sure she was acquaintanced with, came over and seemed to just look at the boy- Rayce. God of Psychics. She realized what had probably happened and almost diminished the urge to slap him and run after her friend. She understood that sometimes a Darker power cannot be helped, and he was simply trying to get it under control. Ava felt sympathy, having accidently done a few things herself with her own power which caused regret, but she had no control over at the time.

Ava sighed, and picked up a pear, silently munching away before she stood and decided to walk. The call of darkness sung it's Siren song, and she wandered outdoors, deciding to go for a silent walk to enjoy the peace. Lilieth had probably found someone to comfort her anyways. In fact, Ava was almost sure it was a guy, since even she admit that Lilieth was a beauty, and had guys follow her whenever she realized it or not. Ava on the other hand... Well, freak would be a very accurate word to what she thought most people thought her of.

Still, it was not the time to dwell on such things, and she allowed her mind to go blank, dark, with only feelings of peace to occupy it as she breathed in the crisp air and revelled within the dark.

Gwyneth yawned as she exited the slowly emptying room. She hadn't meant to stay very long, but she had ended up staying to practice a specific power of hers that had been acting surly and not working correctly. Just her luck, the bloody thing still wasn't doing what it was supposed to. The power seemed simple enough, sense their aura like usual, then twist the aura to change it slightly and therefore change how someone feels. Plain and simple, right? Gwyneth was absolutely disgusted with herself that she couldn't master it.

She frowned as she wandered almost aimlessly through the halls of the school. What was her problem anyway? How could she not know how to use one of her own powers? She shoved the thought aside as she came upon a window overlooking the school grounds.

"Oh, what a pretty view," she murmured to herself, letting the frown ease off of her features.

She closed her eyes briefly, relishing the silence and lack of human emotions roiling throughout her mind. Peace and quiet, what a rarity. She opened her eyes again and scanned the grounds. It was a rather beautiful setting, with a fountain and brilliantly green grass. She squinted as she noticed someone down by the fountain. Her eyesight was good, but she was too high up to tell who the person was, all she could tell was that it was male. She shrugged, not particularly caring that someone was out, even if it was getting dark. Well, perhaps she cared a little. She hoped that person wasn't lost. Her gaze lingered on them for a moment longer as she decided that if they weren't gone by the time she made to leave she'd go and get them or something.

She turned her head away from the miniature person and tilted her face up to the sky, letting the cool breeze play through her hair. This spot was comfortable, maybe she should come her more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.