Going to a Comic con for the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd personally let the need of "Socializing with others" vary with your personal priorities and interest.

Some people see it as a prime time to expand their social circle and meet new people.
While other's like myself see it as 2-3 days to geek out and cram in events with famous Geek celebs.

(I mean seriously. Nostalgia Critic, Chuggaconroy, Angry Joe, James Portnow, Mark Meer etc. > Your average con goer. At least in terms of priority to meet).

Now, that doesn't mean be a social recluse and don't interact.
You want to socialize regardless, but if you're not typically that out goingly social don't feel forced to be.
You'll meet enough interesting characters just by taking part in Panels or talking with others in line ups.

Well yeah. I wasn't saying that you need to socialize with other con-goers, just that it might be something enjoyable, especially as a bit of a cool-down from running from one event to the other. Aaand if you're gonna stop and socialize, you might as well plan a time to do it, rather than just doing so whenever only to later realize that you derped out long enough to miss an event.

Hell, first time I went to a convention, I was actually so distracted by all the cool people around me that I missed a lot of the events I wanted to go to, mostly because of poor planning. Hence why I brought it up. :P

rather than just doing so whenever only to later realize that you derped out long enough to miss an event.
That's why I said in line ups and taking part in panels. :P
You're already at the event.
Hell, first time I went to a convention, I was actually so distracted by all the cool people around me that I missed a lot of the events I wanted to go to, mostly because of poor planning. Hence why I brought it up. :P
Fair enough.
If you're the kind of person where the people themselves (as in the typical con goer) is one of the bigger highlights then planning around it would be of use.
I just wanted to clarify that if one isn't that outwardly social that it's not always a requirement either.

Alright, everybody! Thanks for everything!

Fun note here actually.

I wasn't planning on going to a Con anytime soon.
But apparently Comic Con in Toronto a week from now has some Doctor Who stuff going on.
And my sister, also being a whoovain seems to want to go and drag me a long as a bonding experience.

That should be interesting.

Fun note here actually.

I wasn't planning on going to a Con anytime soon.
But apparently Comic Con in Toronto a week from now has some Doctor Who stuff going on.
And my sister, also being a whoovain seems to want to go and drag me a long as a bonding experience.

That should be interesting.

I'm currently attempting to convince Henry to come with me to a con in april... :3

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I'm currently attempting to convince Henry to come with me to a con in april... :3
You NEED to share stories about that in the Henry thread. :P

That's like the perfect environment for Henry tales...

You'll need to make your own forum site for this.
And blog site.
And a TV show.

Anyone here want to be a camera man?

Status
Not open for further replies.