SPECIAL EVENT Götterdämmerung: The Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'EVENTS' started by Jorick, Mar 1, 2017.

1. For anyone who hasn't been paying attention, in February of 2017 there was a ridiculous fundraiser that did extremely well. One of the fun prizes for that fundraiser was that I would write a book-sized story with Iwaku people as the character inspiration, with anyone who donated $10 or more getting a guaranteed major role in said story. The first chapter (and previously posted prologue) can now be found in the thread linked in huge text below!

This thread will be for discussion of anything related to the story. You can ask me questions and propose theories and whatnot, but I can't promise I'll answer anything because I don't want to give spoilers. You'll find a list of the characters and which members of Iwaku they are based on in the first post of the story thread under the table of contents, so if you ask who a character is supposed to be I might have to throttle you for being silly. :D

As of April 25th, there's also a Discord server for chatting about Götterdämmerung! Click the link to join, read the rules, and have fun talking about how great I am. 8D

#1 Jorick, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Love Love x 2
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
    • Nice execution! Nice execution! x 1
  2. *sobs in the corner after reading latest chapter*

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 1
  3. I can't believe Gwazi is a Controller.

4. Fabulous as fuck, this chapter.

And yes, I'm 100% biased on that opinion. 8D

• Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  5. I agree with this statement, but I'm also extremely biased because Kim and dragons and tragic stuffs XD

6. Woo boy, that was a battle. And with possessed Gwazi and Pahn'keks around, it doesn't seem to be ending soon either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I finally finished reading everything!

I never knew I wanted to read about a fight in mid-air with a dragon until now. Jorick is an amazing writer and I am fangirling at a ridiculous level XD

8. I've finished reading guys! And am both teary eyed but also smiling as well.

I have to agree with @Pahncakes . I don't normally enjoy elaborate fight scenes/battle scenes because they get a lot of monolog and posturing, but this was very well written, I was hooked and kind of still am. I read the entirety of the chapter in one sitting and I'm honestly disappointed that it's finished. On the bright side, I can always reread.

The death scene, while sad, was satisfying. Seeing Jorick return, especially with a smug look as well as trolling the dragon was funny :'D I have to say though, I was really rooting for Crystal and Kimberlyn as well, they came out strong. I truly enjoyed the interaction as well as how they took initiative. Neb was funny lol, pretty much what I'd expect as a disgruntled (putting it lightly) dwarf.

I suppose that's what a s**tposter deserves, Gwazi o.o I was both giggling as well as feeling a wee bit sorry for him. And I seriously can't wait to read more about Pahn'kaks shenanigans.

Waah. TwT I'll rein myself in now :'D

• Love Love x 1
  9. Just noticed this, nice animorphs reference.

• Thank Thank x 1
  10. I was behind on reading and so ended up reading all of ch. 2 and 3 and the supplemental material all in one shot (and spamming jorick with excited squealing). Little dropped references of Umi in the supplemental material were fun. But this last chapter was especially interesting!! Esp the Unseen Lord and all the gods making it their business to start interfering again. XD

• Like Like x 1
    • Nice execution! Nice execution! x 1
  11. Me like:
    What happens?

jk, jk, can't wait though! I'm hooked

• Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 2

12. It's shorter than all the other full chapters so far, but I had a lot of issues with distractions and being busy, so it took longer than any of the others. Go figure. It's done now though, and as you'll see it points to a lot of juicy things coming in the near future, so expect shit to start kicking off again in the next chapter.

As a tiny preview for that one, I've already posted the name for chapter 5: A Bloody Harvest. Good times, eh? 8D

Only two new people thrown into the expanding cast this time:
    Holm Shire is @Holmishire
    Dunru is @Dunruffle

I'll get to everyone who donated eventually, and I have plans for all of you already, so don't worry about not being included so far. You'll all have your moments to shine, have no fear. :D

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Amazing as usual ^_^

• Thank Thank x 1
  14. Ohhhhh shit. You've left me with too many cliffhangers and questions damnit. Superb job, as usual.

• Thank Thank x 1
  15. I has no words. I spent them all squeeing at Jorie. WTF, man. Awesome job.

• Thank Thank x 1
  16. Finally finished reading! ^_^ Oh man, I had a hard time keeping myself from yelling out loud when I saw the alert in my email, hehe.

This chapter's like... smelling delicious food that's being cooked in the kitchen. XD I seriously can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I was thrilled to see Umi again, her character's delightfully unique and had me grinning the entire time. I can't wait to see what happens when the airships finally reach!

I'm still cheering for Ozzie lol ^_^ I can't help sympathizing with him.

Crystal was a favourite once more, and I will admit to literally gasping when Gwazi introduced himself. o_o"

Nue and Neos, as well as Quinzel, had me chuckling as well... who doesn't like a bit of dirt flinging, amirite?? Jacob came out a bit like a dark horse for me... a creeper one lol. Be safe, Kitti! ;w;

I'm also really interested (and a wee bit scared!) in seeing how Eles fares against Holm and his army of undead and tree golems o_o'

All in all... I am still psyched. Totally worth the wait.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank Thank x 1
  17. Noooooo! Why would you do that? The forest's ravaged! Now what are everyone there going to do?

#Holminextcharacterdeath

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 2
  18. TROLOL. Now that you've said that I bet Jorie's gonna keep Holmi alive until the very end just to spite you. :P in the nicest of ways, of course.

• Nice execution! Nice execution! x 4
  19. @IntrusivePenDesperateSword Don't worry! I'm sure Grene will rescue the undead trees! Bring them back to life!

Using her dead body as fertilizer

• Nice execution! Nice execution! x 2
  20. huh, I forgot that this was a thread....

Anyways good book so far. In fact, as we speak, I'm sending out angrily-written pamphlets to get everyone to read this book ASAP!!!

Oh, and i'd totes ship Kitti x Peregrine anyday.

• Like Like x 1
  21. @Nue - I'm ready to help with the pamphlets.

I am not a Kitti X Peregrine shipper though :'D What's the point of false news if it's true? :P

• Nice execution! Nice execution! x 2
    • Thank Thank x 1