Godzilla role-play: Make your own Kaiju!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddeline

I am become death, destroyer of worlds
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, war, action, modern, mystery, kaiju, mecha, spiritual
Genre: Scifi or Miscellaneous
Plot: Kaiju appear world wide and cause extreme mayhem and destruction- Godzilla hunts them down.
Character roles: Human (soldier, scientist, civilian), Kaiju (Animal class, monster class and God class)
Time period: 2014
Longer plot:
In 1954, a nuclear submarine awakened him.
Godzilla. The following nuclear tests in the pacific were not tests...they were attempts to kill him. In the end, he lived on.
Now, as the MUTO begin their collossal rampage, this alpha predator is all that stands between the MUTO and global destruction. But as all of this chaos begins to rein, other beings descend from the shadows. They thrive where the dark corners of the world are...and it will prove to be the worlds awakening day, as kaiju appeared world wide.

Last edited:
(Bump)
C'mon, people don't want to make a giant monster role play?

I just saw the new godzilla movie yesterday...so I am in the mood for destruction...would you mind if I join?

Of course not!
I just need to get a few people willing and then I can make the OOC thread!

Ok. I'm a big fan of godzilla, so I'll be excited for this to get started.

If you can think of anyone else, feel free to invite them!

Ok, let me think and I'll see if I can come up with someone.

Much obliged

That's two, if I can get one more then I'll make the OOC thread

@Mr. V
Within reasonable scope-
If it's backstory would allow it to meld with the new 2014 movie or isn't completely outlandish, it's good.

Last edited:
@Mr. V
Within reasonable scope-
If it's backstory would allow it to meld with the new 2014 movie or isn't completely outlandish, it's good.

Ah, this is the Godzilla universe. So, irradiated lizards and primeval abominations?

@Mr. V
Yes!
As well as some monsters with alien origin as long as it isn't like an obvious invasion plot.
Say something like Orga that has been unconscious for millions of years and reawakens- humans wouldn't know it's backstory and it can't directly contact aliens to attack humans and so on and so fourth- all monsters must stay fairly grounded to the legendary universe

@Mr. V
Yes!
As well as some monsters with alien origin as long as it isn't like an obvious invasion plot.
Say something like Orga that has been unconscious for millions of years and reawakens- humans wouldn't know it's backstory and it can't directly contact aliens to attack humans and so on and so fourth- all monsters must stay fairly grounded to the legendary universe

I've got several images prepared. Will we need to keep a flow of kaiju coming since no doubt a few are going to die in battle?

@Mr. V
The idea is that I'm going to use a randomizer to pick two monsters- in the OOC it can be determined by vote as to which monster wins the stage of course will be random. If a monster that is not God Class stacks up against a god class monster or Godzilla, they will automatically be given three votes against them, and if Godzilla, four.
I'll have a more in-depth system ready soon, but I'm thinking this:
If of lesser class-
Godzilla- four votes against
God class- three votes against
Warrior class- one vote against
Animal class- N/A

The flow of kaiju could be consistent but maybe just make a species and use it's species name as the kaiju's name itself. Of course, if two kaiju from the same RPer's are chosen, the names must be re-randomized.

I will probably be in. But I disagree on your power level = votes thing. The only consistent thing in Godzilla power levels is that, eventually, the Big G wins. There's pretty nuts variation between then. Even the military being useless isn't always consistent for the entire movie.

I suggest no automatic votes against is all. If this human manages, though believable (for the genre) guile, skill, and science, to outwit and outmanuever a Kaiju, then they can. Your voting system is, otherwise, pretty fine. "Defeated" doesn't always mean "killed", after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.