Godzilla (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maddeline

Original poster
Ten long years...I've waited for this.
As a little girl I cringed when I heard his name and clapped when he beat the shit out of other monsters.

No spoilers, please, for those who haven't seen it.
I just got home from the IMAX theatre and this is the best godzilla movie to date and is one of my personal favorite movies...period.

Some critics have complained about how often godzilla is on screen, but he is in the movie a LOT. I don't know why they are bitching, and some of the scenes made me cry, laugh and even re-hinge my jaw.

Give this a watch at IMAX if you can. If not, settle for 3-D but nothing less!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so ready for this film. It's been a long time coming. With all the the technology now, I'm too excited.

Reactions: Maddeline
Unfortunately I won't be able to see this movie in 3D because it fucks with my eyes and makes for my an unpleasant experience.

But yes, I do want to see this movie. I loved Godzilla as a kid and I've been waiting forever for a decent remake. Rotten Tomatoes gave a decent review and so did the audience, so I'm gonna put aside some money and possibly see it either this weekend or the next.

I'm excited to see it too! It looks good! The last one they did was no good, to me, but this one looks promising.

This is an amazing movie that washed away the skid mark that was 1998 'a Godzilla.
He is a dinosaur, as he rightfully should be and I had a lot of fun watching this movie.

Just a disclaimer, however;
It's not a pacific rim style action movie. It's more grounded and gritty and brutal but the action isn't as common or fast.

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be like Pacific Rim, so I won't be disappointed in that regard.

I'm sort of expecting some of the old school elements in a more modern setting. They often go changing a lot of stuff when redoing movies. Can I expect that? My dad and sis and I are sorta super critical when it comes to updating movies because they take so many liberties with 'em.

Old elements?
Explain to me what you mean.
If you mean a cheesy factor then no- it is a very serious movie.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
GODZILLA ROCKS . . .

I really am excited to see it! I had a fangirl moment when I saw the trailer a few months ago, so yiss... I will be seeing it soon enough. Hopefully this weekend. >:D

If you are debating on watching it, go see it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I saw Godzilla this morning in your average theater as 3d messes with my glasses pretty badly and leaves me very unhappy. I enjoyed the movie. I'd see it again. I was never big into Godzilla before but I know I understand why it is so incredibly popular. It was good.

Please, oh pleaseeee don't call Godzilla a dinosaur though! It's just... No. Bad. Bad.

Godzilla is a dinosaur, though?
He's always been a dinosaur, with the expection of that horrible '98 "movie"...
Which stripped away all of his powers, durability and overall awesomeness and reduced him to a frightened iguana.

Reactions: 2 people
According to Wikipedia;

Although the specific details of Godzilla's appearance have varied slightly over the years, the overall impression has remained consistent.[16] Inspired by the fictional Rhedosaurus created by animator Ray Harryhausen for the film The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms,[17] Godzilla's iconic character design was conceived as that of an amphibious reptilian monster based around the loose concept of a dinosaur[18] with an erect standing posture, scaly skin, an anthropomorphic torso with muscular arms, spikes on its back and tail, and a furrowed brow.

Monster based on a dinosaur is not a dinosaur. :|

But godzilla is a dinosaur. Cite godzilla versus king ghidorah if you don't believe me...
It's called a Godzillasaurus. No really. It is.

Update bump: in light of recent spark of interest, I would be very interested in making a godzilla rp

Would you guys stop at the godzilla is dinosaur fight . . Godzilla is A DINOSAUR

I was quite satisfied with how they set up the movie and portrayed Godzilla and any other things that were not so much as even shown in any of the trailers.
To add onto that, that was the first movie I've ever seen in IMAX 3D and wow, that was one hell of a ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.