Gods Fall Down

Army Command Tent, Metro City

Nathaniel kicked a piece of rubble along as he followed the man he ran into, his initial impression of the guy was somewhere between overnight toast and cardboard: he was pretty boring. Of course, ever since the world has ended, boring seems to be what everyone had defaulted to, after all, survival first. They proceeded into the command tent shortly, with the debriefing of the situation being done. Nathaniel can't say he was too interested, after all, he came here with the intention of fixing whatever happened to his body, it's been quite a few years since he endeavored to solve the world's problems. He could say no, no one would try to convince a child to dive headfirst into the fray against what might be aliens. ...The world's ended...huh? He was leaning against a supply rack, one that was too rickety for an adult to lean on that is. Some noticed him and muttered things, but he was left alone as there were more important matters. Nathaniel closed his eyes, seemingly lost in some thought.
"I wish the world would end, that way you'll beg me to save you!"

"You don't actually think of me as your brother anyway!"

"I'm not dumb! I'm-I-I'm j-just..."

"As a metahuman and a citizen of this nation, I won't standby and watch something like this happen."

"...Theodore, I am disgusted to share the blood in my veins with the likes of you."

"Of course I was arrogant, nothing short of the world's end would stop you."
The echoes of his thoughts rang loudly in Nathaniel's head, it buzzed around him like insects swarming above a humid pond. Heavy, damp, and festering. It was only snapped by another voice that isn't the stuffy uptight sounding military man. Instead, it was the cardboard-like man that walked him to this tent. Nathaniel was surprised to find that he was a metahuman, but on second thought, those who act in such a casual fashion in an area like this would more likely than not to be one.

Then someone else spoke up, it was some colorful looking guy with long hair. Nathaniel tiled his head, he felt like he had seen the white-haired man somewhere before, perhaps a Netflix thumbnail or something of that sort. But regardless of how much he remembered him, this guy acted in a...memorable fashion. It prompted Nathaniel to take back his earlier analysis on how everyone turned boring after the world ended. He sprang up from the spot he was slumping on, causing the rack to shake a little. The light manipulator nearly tried to make a hardlight box to stand on by instinct, though he barely stopped himself. Instead, the child moved a folding chair near the crowd in the center of the room and hopped onto it.

"I'll come!" Raising his hand like it was his grade school classroom, Nathaniel shouted out, "It'll be more than the two of you," he stepped on the back of the chair and tilted it on one side. The chair wobbled a bit and fell over, but the boy on it kicked off from the chair back, leaped into the air and did a backflip, landing on the ground with a shrug. "My name's Nathaniel, call me Nath or something I guess."