Gods Fall Down (Gritty Superheroes)

J

Jhuton

Original poster
We thought we were so powerful, us humans. We thought we had evolved beyond anything that had occupied our planet before us. Anything in our universe even. After all, we were the generation that had finally evolved to achieve 'superpowers'. We had turned heroism into an industry and meta-humans into a precious commodity. I guess maybe we were due for a wake up call. And did we ever get one.

They came from beyond the stars, not so unlike the countless cheesy movies. But they weren't superheroes. They weren't super anything. They were gods.

The Heroic Unity building fell first. It was suppose to be the headquarters of all working meta-humans in the country and they took them all out with one blast from the skies. them and the city around them. Some people claim to have seen our invaders. They toted them to be silver skinned humanoids who were stronger and faster than anything Earth had ever produced. Our planet's death merchants.

But we aren't dead yet. And if I know anything about humanity, it's that we always hit back....

~~O~~
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've been in a roleplay on Iwaku, or just in general really, but this idea came to me so I'm seeing if it generates interest. It's basically a grittier version of the classic (Cliche? :P) superhero genre. In my head it's much like an amalgam of The Boys, My Hero Academia and the DC Universe in a semi apocalyptic setting. If anyone bites then this would be more of a guided rp than completely sandbox, with us playing as wayward, empowered humans with the ultimate aim being the liberation of humanity.

Reactions: Ariel
This honestly sounds like a really neat idea! I haven't been in an RP in awhile either, so I'd be interested! It also did remind me of The Boys. I haven't seen it but my fiance watches it and fills me in, haha.

@Duchess Fantastic! I'm going to be waiting for a little to see if this can generate a bit more interest before committing to a sign up

Reactions: Duchess
You have my interest. Always a fan of superheroes.

@Quake Wonderful! I'll see if maybe one or two more persons are interested, but in the mean time I'll get to work on an OOC

Reactions: Quake
What are the expectations and rules, main plot line, and our character's roles in this? Also curious about the character sheet and whether or not we're using real life face claims, semi realistic, or anime! :)

My last question (I promise? lol) is that what counts as "semi apocalyptic" for you? Is this some kind of academy school thing with apocalypse style environment or?

@Quake Wonderful! I'll see if maybe one or two more persons are interested, but in the mean time I'll get to work on an OOC

These are actually great questions. I purposely refrained from going too in depth in this interest check before testing the waters. But here's the gist of it:

Expectations: I'm assuming you mean writing expectations and if so I'd say intermediate. Just using proper grammar and making posts as long as the context demands is the only expectation really. As for rules I don't expect to implement any that are much different from the standard.

Plot: I haven't fleshed out the finer details quite yet. I should have a fully developed plan by the time I post the sign ups. But the essence of it is our characters will be investigating the invaders' activities on earth, maybe uncovering a conspiracy (I have something in mind). The ultimate goal will be saving the world from destruction.

CS: I mostly go for artwork (semi-realistic) whenever hosting. Anime is good as well but I use it less frequently. It's between those two depending on which is preferred. But it likely won't be face claims.

Semi-Apocalyptic: by the start of the RP a city will already have been destroyed and survivors living in the wreck. Other parts of the world will also be experiencing civil unrest (looting, rioting) at the idea of an armageddon, but still holding it together. So outside of the destroyed city nothing too drastic.

Reactions: junebug
Interested.

I'm interested!

@Duchess @Quake @Kat @Ariel @neptune

Hey there everyone! I've gotten the sign up thread up and running so if you're still interested you can go give it a look. It's hyperlinked below. Also I'm interested in knowing if you would all prefer that the OOC activities take place here on Iwaku or over on Discord. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.

• Thank You
Reactions: neptune and Quake
I'm rarely on Discord so I would definitely prefer here.

I won't be moving forward with the roleplay. Thank you so much for the information you've provided thus far! :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Jhuton
Is this going to be primarily US-based, or can our characters come from all over the world? I love MHA and I was thinking of writing up a gyaru superheroine....

Is this going to be primarily US-based, or can our characters come from all over the world? I love MHA and I was thinking of writing up a gyaru superheroine....
Oh no you're free to have your characters origins be from any part of the world

Reactions: Ariel
Oh no you're free to have your characters origins be from any part of the world

Oh, you're going to regret this. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Jhuton