Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
What if the gods were real? What if, instead of fading into history like we all thought, they took on a new form and blended in with humanity. As humanity evolved and the myths were replaced by science, the gods knew that if they didn’t evolve along with humanity, they would fade away. Gods depend on followers. They depend on worship. They depend on the necessity of their duties. Without these, they grow weak and eventually, they become one with their myths...they become history.

To come down to humanity, the deities created avatars of themselves. Shaped and molded to their likeness, the essence of each deity was sealed inside their avatar. These avatars look no different than any other human so as to not draw attention to themselves. They have no distinguishing mark that sets them aside unless the deity designed it.

For centuries, these deities operated from the shadows while living normal lives. They spun webs and established worship in whatever way they could. Today, they are stronger than they’ve ever been. With social media, the internet, and fame that easily spreads throughout the world, it would not take much for them to once again return to their pedestals and force man into frightful submission. But centuries of shadows have changed these deities. Many like their new lives and do not want things to return to what they were. They simply want to exist and enjoy the things that the world and an ever evolving humanity has to offer.

But what about those who do not want that...those who long for the old ways...who have waited for millennia to finally restore things to what they were? What happens when these two ways of life collide? Can a peaceful resolution be found, or will the world be thrown violently into a cataclysm never before seen?

Besides that, a new threat has arisen. Deities are being attacked and their powers stripped away. Without their immortality, they’re being slain with ease. But how does one kill an immortal? How does one steal the essence of a god? And who would be so brazen to do such a thing?

Here are the expectations:

Be Patient. Understand that not everyone has a ridiculous amount of free time. Some of us work two full-time jobs, have families, and/or go to school/college/university. There are no reasons to rush a good story!

Be Respectful: Not everything always goes our way, and sometimes personalities will clash. Be respectful toward fellow players and most definitely the GMs.

GMs' Word is Final: We will ALWAYS want to hear your ideas, but that does not mean that your ideas will ALWAYS be implemented. Know that if they are not, it is not personal. We have an overarching idea and sometimes player-based ideas simply do not mesh with it. Do not argue to try and get your idea pushed through. Do not complain and begrudge your GMs to other players. It won't be tolerated.

God-Mode: I know we're playing gods, but don't god mode. Your Avatars are vulnerable. they aren't like Wolverine. Fast healing isn't a thing. Your Avatar takes a bullet to the shoulder, its gonna both hurt and slow you down until you heal up. Be fair and realistic.

Be Literate: This story will work through a series of solo posts and a butt-ton of collabs. We understand no one is perfect, even we aren't, but make corrections where you see them. Don't make it too difficult to read your post and please bring quality work.

Careful Content: We aren't limiting this to just adults, so no smexy stuff. Also, some of our readers *cough cough* are weaker in the tummy than others. Keep the gore to a reasonable amount, and ONLY when absolutely necessary.

Now to the Links:

Info Dump This will constantly change as new info is added. This is just the basics at the moment.
Character Index Only mine are up. Use my sheet as a guideline. Apply for only one character right now. We might open for a second depending on how things go.

Seeing as I am in the wonderful path of Hurricane Dorian. We are going to leave the applications open until 9/6/19. If I have power and all, we'll run through them, accept who we will, and get this ball rolling. Should I be out of power longer, the application process will be extended.

Last edited:
Are you still accepting applications?

This looks fun. Got room?

Is this still open? :O