Godaial: The Elemental War

((Finally made it... sorry I took so long -_- ))

There were quite a few things on Lorderynn's mind as she quietly walked along a forest path towards the small trading village. One was whether she would be able to barter for some Apperifs roots from old Morren, who was a travelling herbalist. Two was whether he was going to actually be in the village when she was.
... and then there was the mystery of the spooked deer in the further reaches of the forest.

Then again they always travelled far and wide so who knew where the spooking had started anyway. Deer were easily spookable creatures, which made them a challenge to hunt sometimes. 'Spookable' - it was a new word she had heard a few days ago and was now lodged in her vocabulary. She smirked at the thought.
It wasn't too long and the village was in her sights: nestled in a natural forest clearing and with a stunning view of the lower forest and surrounding mountains.
This was why she loved nature... it was just so naturally beautiful and amazing. She took a breath of fresh air as she walked over a makeshift bridge and smiled as the resident dog trotted up to greet her.

"Gob, how are you?" she cooed to him as he wagged his stubby tail and pranced about, panting happily and licked his snout with his oversized tongue. His name was very adequate as it made you think of the gobs of spit his mouth could produce. He had a big mouth too, along with some big teeth, big strong body and that little stubby tail. She liked Gob. He was a very friendly dog - at least to her - and a good judge of character. As his owner said: he could smell bandits a mile away.

Lorderynn kept a hopeful eye out for Morren as she first headed to the meat house, to sell the few hares she had caught. Their numbers had risen drastically this season and she was doing her part to keep some balance in the forest until the wolves returned to their territory. They seemed a little late though, and even the foxes were late with their kits... it was like there was some change in the wind.

Perhaps she could ask some of the other merchants if they had noticed anything.

[DASH=firebrick]Keevako chuckled as he punched her back, referring to her as sister. Her dear friend took a deep breath, and Keevako's smile faded as she knew he was about to say farewell to her. He spoke and handed her a piece of paper with a well drawn map to a place called Koliei Forest, speaking of others and an inn what would be expecting her if she decided to leave early. But he was right, she had her village to protect and she could not leave until completely necessary. Keevako looked up at Ubrahsane and sighed. "Are you sure you have to go so soon? Can't I at lease give you some supplies? Apples? Bread?" She offered. It had been so long since she had seen him and their meeting would be so brief? "I will see you soon." He said. She gave off a small sigh of defeat but smiled to him. "Very well, my brother. Please keep safe on your travels."[/DASH]

[DASH=gold]
She had been saved from the rush of an oncoming carriage, and at a perfect time! Any sooner and her body would've went kerplat under the trampling hooves of the horse. How she had been saved, she didn't know, just as long as she was alive. What was stranger even was that when she was falling...it was slow. It was as if there was not a tad bit of gravity to her body whatsoever. If she wanted to, she could have looked around at all that was happening about her in a second or two, but it wasn't like time had slowed. It was her body and the momentum it was gathering through the tumbling...She had no time to think about that then. Her first priority was to thank the person who had saved her.

When she saw 'who' it was...she was at a loss of words.

Kharma didn't scream. No, she was used to seeing strange things in her days so the sudden appearance of a troll was not too much of a shocker for her. Her isolation had left her alone with her imagination, so she was sure that anything was possible. The little guy had begun talking and suddenly, the entire tripping and falling thing had flew out of her head and was replaced with an interest.

"I tripped. I can't be careful all the time, but thank you for saving me...er..." She searched her mind for a name but none came, so instead, she smiled again, tucking a golden brown strand of hair behind her ear, even though the wind blew it back in place. "...Troll Guy. I'm Kharma...but you probably already know that since you said you were looking for me?"
[/DASH]

[dash=green]Ven:
Ubrahsane looked up as he heard a voice from above. He did not change his emotion while being asked if he was a salesman. It made perfect sense that he assume so. "My name is Ubrahsane and I am here to speak to you on behalf of someone. But for me to continue I would need to speak to you in a more closed environment." It was not something that needed to be proclaimed, for it was a dangerous situation. He was unsure if there was another way to press the urgent matter upon the elf.[/dash]

[dash=blue]Cinna:
((that is alright. Sorry, I didn't give you much to work upon.))

Ubrahsane smiled and lightly bowed his head. "Thank you. I have come upon the Water Element's behalf to inquire if you are willing to join us in our battle." He took a deep breath, preparing his speech. It never appeared to be the same, but it does contain the same information. "As you may or may not know, our world has been thrown into some turmoil. Some chaos has come onto us for there are some who question and threaten our way of life. They have been killing followers of the elements, trying to be rid of our beliefs. But after sometime, the Elements have finally figured a way to strike back, and request that you join our battle. We do understand that this is a dangerous situation but want to know if you are willing to stand with us."[/dash]

[dash=light green]Lorderynn:
Greetings my follower. It is I, the element of Earth. I am coming to you to give you a notice. You have been called to be a grand army to bring our old way of life back! Be strong as the tree trunks in an ancient forest. There will be a troll who will visit you all one by one when the time is right. Be strong, for I have faith."[/dash]

[dash=red]Keevako:
"As do you my sister. Keep up high spirits and we should be meeting soon. Do not fear. This may appear brief for now, but I do believe we will be seeing more of each other soon for this huge journey." He took a deep breath to prepare himself. "Keep your eyes and ears out, for there may be others you believe is worth to join. Let me know when we meet up again and we can discuss our options. And most of all, be careful." He then turned to leave, for it was all he could think to say. He knew he will see her soon. And with all the traveling he had left, he knew it would feel like time was quick.[/dash]

[dash=purple]Kharma:
Ubrahsane nodded his head in a disappointed manner. "My apologize Ms. Kharma. It is my fault that you do not know my name, for I have not properly introduced myself. My name is Ubrahsane and I have come to this region to speak to you." He fought from laughing at himself, for it felt like déjà vu and that he was repeating himself. "I have come with a great task, but wanted to know if there was a less open place where we can speak of some very important matters," he asked, wary of those around them that may be listening. He had to be careful of where and who he was talking to for there may be others nearby who would be willing to report him.[/dash]

Ven hesitates but nods "ok so where to?" Ven gets down from his roof, during which he nearly falls.
"alright down" Ven thinks for a moment. "should I get something?..."
He walks over to ubrahsane and holds out his arm "oh by the way my name is Ven ^^"
(crap here I am again with a loss of words, but sorry I really couldnt think of anything)

Nereus eyes the stranger suspiciously. He slowly brought his spear in front of him to defend if he had to. This Troll was giving off strange vibes. He suddenly appears out of nowhere to converse with him? And he knew his name, how? Nereus didn't recall ever meeting this Troll, let alone giving him his name. That was unsettling to Nereus. He wasn't to be trusted.

"About...what?" Nereus asked cautiously.

Axel nodded, taking it as explanation enough.

"Alright then," he acquiesced. "I'd appreciate it if you could narrow the weeks to the day we're to meet at this village. It would be a bit...you know....if I get there by wit and instinct alone without knowing when to go."

[sorry for shortness....I work with what I'm given :P]

Sam thought for a bit, before nuzzling into his little sister in what could be seen as an affectionate hug. "It's time." He smiled and kissed the side of her head dotingly, before approaching the troll they had envisioned. "Hello dear sir. You seem to be lost. Do you need something? My sister and I were just passing through here, but we could stop for a moment to help a wanderer in need..." His voice was soothing, gentle, and above all, kind. He wanted to make sure this troll saw them as kind and wonderful people. His sister better do what was right. After all, Sam was doing his bit, his sister better be doing hers! Though he couldn't blame her if she didn't, no, he could never truly blame her for anything. A small laugh trickled though his throat but never made it to his lips. He had a job to do, and that job was in front of him right now.

"... and that would bring us to ten pieces." the butcher said aloud as he counted the coins.
Lorderynn waited patiently as he human added the sum together and finally gave her the sachet of metal pieces that humans were so fond of.
"Thank you for your time, Fredrick Bocher. It was a pleasure as always." she said as she put the coins away.
"Oh now you know there ain't no need fer that fancy four-mal-e-tees, miss. Please call me by mah name of Fred. Saves words and all that." he chuckled.
She returned a smile, "Very well, I shall call you by your first name, Frederick. Nothing less."
Frederick the butcher shrugged, "Guess it'll have ta do."
Lorderynn was almost at the door before she remembered, "May I ask if you've seen Morren the herbalist by any chance? I am in search of some rare roots from him."
The butcher scratched his stubby chin, "Hmm, can't say that Oi have. Then again he ne'er was one ta like meat."
this was true... "Very well. thank you for your time."

There were a few other things Lorderynn needed to get from the small market, and finally after some searching she spotted Morren's cart close to the gates.
As luck would have it, he did indeed have some Apperifs roots to sell.
"I tell you, it was like I knew you were going to need them, so I made extra sure to have some ready for you, dear lady." he told the elf in his over enthusiastic voice. "Oh I tell you, it took me a while to get them, but I knew I couldn't let you down - after all, you are my most prized customer and searching high or low for days would not stop me from getting them." he finished with a grin.
... to which Lorderynn responded, "And I'm sure you'll know that as your 'prized customer' I already know your tricks of merchant tongue to not be coaxed into paying extra for a garden herb of Hift'e'la."
The herbalist could almost not hide his abashed face, "Oh you heard about that... I-I mean, nooo, erm, yes! I found out they are indeed easier to come by than looking in dangerous places, as you I have done in the past... and really, I would never otherwise... "

His voice trailed off as Lorderyn became aware of a strange sensation around her. It was like the forest itself was whispering to her through the leaves, the flutter of birds' wings and even the scent of the surrounding wind...

Greetings my follower. It is I, the element of Earth. I am coming to you to give you a notice. You have been called to be a grand army to bring our old way of life back! Be strong as the tree trunks in an ancient forest. There will be a troll who will visit you all one by one when the time is right. Be strong, for I have faith."...

..."But really, who could blame me? I mean those-"
Lorderynn blinked a few times as if waking from a dream and hushed the merchant, "Not to worry, I am not angry." she gave him a few coins to pay for the roots and with a quick purchase she was off again, in the direction she had came.
"Oh." Morren said, surprised, and seeing her running away in a hurry had him wondering what was going on. He'd never seen the elf lady in quite such a hurry before.

((Oh crap, I only noticed how long the post was once I posted... Oops))

Almyra glared at Sam as he did a display of horrid affection. He belittled her, an action she found most unpleasant. But she tolerated him, not only for the fact that he was precise in his specialties, but also because he could reach the top shelf. She hated the top shelf.

The girl, looking to be a prim and pretty girl in the pre-teens, stomped on her brother's foot, continuing her act of the tiny terror. "Do not kiss me!" She really did act her appearance, at least for now. Soon though, people would know the true cruelty of a child.

"I did not give you permission to touch me or treat me as a sister, you low born wyrm." She kicked him in the leg again, looking as if she was in the rebelious age.

Killing followers of the elements? Trying to kill our beliefs? Cinna began to look displeased. Before she realized it, she had opened her mouth to speak again.

"I'll not be of any use where I am now, and if the water calls to me I will follow. What will I do, and where will I go?"

She seemed to want to say more, but she clamped her lips shut until the troll could answer.

((aaaaagggggh-guh. What's with my horrible midget-posts on here these days? >.< ))

[DASH=gold]
Kharma was not liking the words "great" and "task" together in a sentence. Especially when it was involving her and a tiny little troll. She had spent most of the awkward minutes that rolled by looking at the thing than actually listening to its words. Of course, she heard slight snip-its of her being needed, a great task, and going somewhere private, but Kharma never really kept her mind set on one thing. And besides, the little guy was so amusing to her! Kharma bent down on his level and tilted her head that matched the confused look on her face.

"So are you like...magic or something? Because you kinda came out of thin air and saved my butt. Thank you again, by the way, Ubra...Uh...Mr.U."she said with a smile before yanking the things little ears. "I don't think I can help you though. I'm not magical or comsical and anything ending in -cal, honestly. I can't even walk down a street right, obviously. So, yeah. I think you have the wrong girl."she finished with a shrug.
[/DASH]