Godaial: The Elemental War

[DASH=gold]
Not a good thing.

Kharma was starting ot hear voices while she made her daily walk to the park in her town. Instead of going straight to the market place, she had taken a detour. An unintentional one. but a detour nonetheless. It started when she brought her brown eyes up to the sky. The day was beautiful and littered with promises. Promises that the norm would not happen; that something worth keeping her eyes open would happen. Kharma had no other option to trust the sky. It had never lied to her before. Whenever she would walk outside, the wind and humidity would spill secrets of what the weather would be like that day. Though she supposed that other people had a similar gift, somewhat similar to knowing what the sex of a child is going to be before the diagnostics return.

While her eyes were to the sky, she felt a wisp of wind pass her and words spilling along with it. The minute she heard a voice, all of the color drained from her face. Having someone that close to her ear...anyone for that matter...that was the worse thing that she possibly have endured that moment. Kharma whipped around on one foot, lost her footing, and went flying backwards into a bush.

"AHHHH!!!"

On instinct, she tucked her legs under her arms and hissed while she rolled down the hill. Kharma knew exatcly where her scratched and bruised body was heading: right onto Gernat Intersection, duing the busiest time in the day with the rushing oncoming carriages. This is what society did to her.
[/DASH]

Axel blinked and looked down, the haze over his mind dissipating. From his perch in the tree, he saw another elf.

He blinked.

"This village is pretty," she went on. "Though the people don't seem to like strangers too much."

Well yeah, Axel thought to himself. He'd been raised with humans and taught to wear a hat. But because he was a little rascal, he never did. One elf in this town was more than enough for these people. After seeing this girl, they probably thought he called some backup or something to help create mischief and mayhem in the village. Even if he save their butts from the bandits more often than not.

"Nope," he answered casually, swinging so that his legs dangled in the air. "The humans here hardly trust their own kind let alone elves like us."

Axel stretched, back cracking as the bones realigned themselves before giving the girl a lopsided grin. "I've been raised and living here most of my life and they still don't trust me completely."

[DASH=grey]
Nahem:
Ubrahsane nodded in appreciation. "I am quite glad I have your trust enough that you are willing to listen my story Nahem." He sat down across from him, putting both hands upon the table to show that he is not hiding anything. "I have had a request from some to speak to you about the impending problem we have ahead of us." Ubrahsane was not one to question what he was supposed to do, and does as told, but he cannot help but wonder what the Elements are wanting him to do to truly gain the trust and back up of the this particular Dragonkin. There had been rumors about the faith of this one, and that he had none. He was out on his own, and he did not seem like one to just switch over to help.
"There is a huge war that has been happening but mostly hidden that we need to bring out. There are many of those who are trying to destroy the peace our world had. It has brought chaos and madness. It has brought more deaths and separated many families. But We have a group trying to rise up and fight against." He took a deep breath, and prepared how to word his next sentence. "I hear you may be interested to fight those we are getting ready to attack against." All of this was done in whispers, for the enemy could have spies anywhere at this point.[/DASH]

[DASH=blue]Cinnaret:[/DASH][DASH=blue]
Ubrahsane walked upon a lovely area and smiled at the sight of the waterfall. He knew he was in the right place. He carefully studied the area and noticed that there appeared to be no movement. He bent down the let his fingers lightly touch the water of the pool, when something caught his eye. It was the young woman he had come for. Or, should he say, the Siryhn he had been searching for. It did appear she was still deep in slumber, so he sat at the end of the pool, sitting Indian style as he closed his eyes and prepared for what my lay ahead of him.[/DASH]

[DASH=Red]Keevako:[/DASH][DASH=Red]
Ubrahsane smiled as he knew exactly where to find Keevako. She was next to visit and he had met her before. She tended to be in the mountain near some of the villages of his fellow troll kind. She had gained some admirers who did not know who she was. And until recently, he had not quite had exact knowledge that the one with the mask was her. They had met a few occasions when he had come to the desert mountains for some peace and meditation.
"Keevako," he called out when he knew she should be nearby. She should recognize his voice. "It is I, Ubrahsane. Come out of hiding. I need to talk to you," he said with a light laugh in his voice.[/DASH]

[DASH=Green]Ven:[/DASH][DASH=Green]
Ubrahsane slowly entered Ven's village, having a feeling about where to search. He did not stay around elves nor humans much because of the separation between those races and his own, but it did not bother him fully. He was accepting of all races, but it was not quite always the same the other way around. He turned to a person he met along the street. "I do apologize, but do you per chance happen to know where I can locate a Mr. Ven?"[/DASH]

[DASH=Yellow]Arya and Axel:[/DASH][DASH=Yellow]
Ubrahsane was relived. It does appear that he was about to kill two birds with one stone. Two of the people he had set out to meet were in the same spot, possibly conversing together. "I do not mean to interrupt," he said when he came upon the two. He bowed to show that he meant no harm. "But, may I talk to you two? I have a matter that I need to speak to you about."[/DASH]

[DASH=teal]Nereus:[/DASH][DASH=teal]
Ubrahsane stood at the edge of the ocean, unsure of where to start his search. Unfortunately, the Element of Ice had an odd sense of humor and thought it would be hilarious to have Ubrahsane try to locate his follow in huge expanse of area. He stepped into the water until it was about knee deep. He wasn't sure how to start, but knew that Nereus was a hunter. And it sounded like Ice was proud of him for it. He started to splash some of the water with his hand, to make noise and ripples to gain some attention. This was just a start, but it was better than nothing.[/DASH]

[DASH=purple]Kharma:[/DASH][DASH=purple]
Ubrahsane rushed to help Kharma and quickly went to catch her and to bring her out of danger's way. "I am not used to seeing carriages, but you humans seem to have a bit more use for them around. Are the horses around here trained specifically for this purpose?" he asked, truly out of curiosity. He set her down, making sure she was not harmed. "You may need to be a bit more careful." He then realized who he had helped, and thanked the Elementals that it was easy to find her. "In fact, you are the one I have been searching for. May I speak to you?"[/DASH]

[DASH=White]Sam and Almyra:[/DASH][DASH=White]
Ubrahsane felt uneasy in this area. He could not remember who had requested he visit these two, but he set out on the task without questioning. He needed to speak to these two about the impending war and recruit them to help their cause and their side. They needed all they could get, and they were the last on his list to meet. After these two, he will set to the place to meet all the others and start working on towards their destiny. He quickly looked around to see if he could find this sibling pair, and hoped maybe he would have a definite way to know it was them.[/DASH]

Axel never heard the footsteps approaching, and so he gave the newcomer a slightly wary look.

"A matter to discuss," he parroted slowly, eyes narrowing just a bit. Axel leaned forward, hands braced on the tree branch to keep his balance, ready to strike if necessary or to flee [which was highly unlikely but still an option]. "What about?"

Arya had barely opened her mouth to respond to Axel when another voice joined them. She followed Axel's glance, a look of surprise crossing her features as she noticed the Troll. He bowed before them, surprising Arya further still. Trolls weren't known for their manners, after all. Above her, Axel was shifting. The humans weren't the only ones lacking in trust, she noted, though it was probably to be expected from a life among them. Pushing those thoughts away, she bowed her own head briefly to Ubrahsane and smiled at him.

"Don't worry, you're fine. I'm a bad conversationalist anyway, I was probably boring him stiff. What do you need with us?"

[dash=yellow]Arya and Axel:

Ubrahsane could not help but let a slight smile slip by at the different reactions from the two elves in front of him. He made sure to stay where he was so Axel would not have a reason to attack him. "I am out on a quest to try to restore this world to the way of righteous that it was before." He tried to speak a little more quietly, but to have the others still be able to hear him. "There is a war going on, where people are being persecuted for our beliefs in the Elementals. We are rising for the Elementals have found a way to strike back. Each is choosing a Mage to stand in their behave to help lead an army. And we'd like you to stand with us during this battle. The Mages have not been fully announced nor reveled but we are planning to have as many followers as we can meet to start." He nodded in a polite bow. "Do you want to join us?"[/dash]

[DASH=firebrick]The sun marked high noon, and the full heat of the day was beginning to blare down on the craggy mountains where she made her home. Keevako had awakened much earlier in order to greet the sun, in celebration for a night without bloodshed. As much as she was disgusted by this war she found herself involved anyway. The girl was a short walk away from home, headed toward the backside of the mountain that was wooded where she could find flowers to decorate her mothers grave. Keevako had only just started this journey when she heard footsteps. The girl ducked behind the nearest rock and gripped the base of her sword. Ever since she lost her mother she carried it with her. Keevako sank down close to the ground, her breath became slow and silent as she listened, the footsteps coming closer. She could now see the intruder's shadow sprawling out across the rocks. A few more steps and she would strike.

But something was different. The intruder stopped walking completely, and Keevako became confused. It was then that a familiar voice rang out, calling her by name. Ubrahsane! A smile graced Keevako's lips, her old friend had come back for another visit. The girl stood and slid gracefully out from behind the nearby boulder and slowly approached him. "Ubrahsane, my friend. My skills have sharpened since last we met, you need be more careful approaching." Keevako offered him a smile and a bit of a chuckle as she moved to stand before him, the tip of her tail curling and uncurling in a playful manner. She offered a slight bow in greeting. "It is wonderful to see you once again. Have you traveled upon my mountain for more of the enlightenment you seek?"[/DASH]

[dash=red]Keevako

Ubrahsane returned the bow. "I have heard of such improvements and knew you would not attack without fully knowing the situation. I knew you would notice it was I before striking," he said with ease. He then got a bit more serious, for this was not a regular visit. "My friend Keevako, I have actually come to visit you as a request from the Elements," he whispered. Though it appeared that there was no one around, the subject was such a serious one that there had been many killed for the belief. "As you already know, there is a war coming. I have been sent out to seek followers and those of faith. We are rising against those who oppress us and striking. The Elementals have found a way to help with strength. We need to meet with those who are willing to fight for our cause. You know of the injustice and harm that this new power has brought. Do you want to join?"[/dash]

"What?" Axel's long ear twitched beneath his hair. "A war you say?"

War meant fighting. Interesting fights that would be different. He liked to brawl, a fact and habit he fed daily with bandits that invaded the town. Being able to use more of his strength in fast paced fights would be more than delighting if he said so himself.

"Do I get to have new blades for my hair?" he ased with a raised brow, using a hand to flip his braid over his shoulder, only to have it fall the ten feet to the ground with a noticeable 'thump' The end was adorned in blades, obviously worn and had the beginnings of rust. He didn't mind having to forge his own as usual, but it would be nice to have something a little high class or something. Either way it got him out of his village.

[DASH=firebrick]The troll complemented her with ease, and Keevako smiled, happy that he felt comfortable in her presence even though he knew her secret. He was the only one who knew it was truly her behind that mask. One thing Ubrahsane excelled at was keeping secrets, and for that she was extremely grateful. But soon the conversation turned very serious. They both lost their smiles and lowered their voices as the word 'elements' was whispered by him. He explained clearly and slowly, and then asked her if she wished to join the fight. Keevako looked at him, her eyebrows coming together in slight confusion. "But... All I have to offer is a mask and swords." The girl said quietly, unsure her talent would be worth anything on the battlefield. She looked down, considering carefully as a gentle breeze picked up and stirred her hair. "My mask has brought hope to this village and those like it.. Perhaps it can inspire others, as well.." Keevako spoke quietly to herself, then sighed and looked back up at Ubrahsane.

"I do not know how much help I will truly be... But I will join you on the battlefield, my friend. My brother."
Keevako offered a small smirk and reached up to punch Ubrahsane square in the chest, a sort of troll tradition around these parts.[/DASH]

The smile faded at the mention of war, old memories floating to the surface of Arya's mind. The elf above her didn't share her apprehension, she noted. An unpleasant feeling unfolded in the pit of her stomach as she glanced at the blades Axel had presented to the Troll, then turned her eyes away again. She remained quiet for a few minutes, turning over the information in her head and attempting to ignore the undeniable interest in the other Elf's voice.
You wanted to be of help to others. It might not be the way you thought, but it sounds like a good cause to help with, doesn't it? They need first aid and medicine, especially in wars. He won't turn down your help.

She tugged her pack towards her, worrying at the tie keeping it closed. She waited for Axel to fall silent before talking herself, voice quiet and a little too strained for her own liking. She mentally slapped herself, forcing herself to pull it together.
"I'm not exactly a fighter, more of a healer, but I'll certainly help however I can. Is that acceptable?" She tilted her head to the right, waiting.

After Ubrahsane had finished speaking, Nahem wasn't sure of what to say. The subject caught him by suprise. He took a shot whiiskey before saying. "You're very well informed. How you got your information, I'm not sure if I wanna know. But I do know this war you speak of. A war fought in shadows. I usually ask for payment for my services. But since I would probaly have something to gain from your quest it would be dishonorable for me to ask. So..." Nahem paused and thought to himself. Could this be real or just trick? Either way it should lead me somewhere. Even though Nahem curse it parents for their stupidity it still wanted to cause pain to who ever caused him the pain he felt. Realizing that Ubrahsane was still there looking at him to finish what he was saying. "Aye, you have my sword, I'll follow you on your quest. But just so you know when I feel I like our paths must go different directions, I'll go down my path. Till then I'll protect you and fight for you." Nahem then raised his glass for a toast and finished the rest of his whiskey.

Nereus's fins twitched again as he looked around, still standing on his prize. The water's peaceful tranquility was disturbed by distance ripples of disturbance...living in the water so much, Nereus could sense this type of thing. He thought for a moment. Should he investigate this? Normally he wouldn't but something was calling him to this one. Also, something told him it was related to the distance feeling of having his voice called out by someone. After much internal debate, he gave up and decided to at least see what it was. He hid his kill in a nearby underwater cave and sealed the entrance with a thick sheet of ice. Then he swam off, harpoon in hand, to the source of the ripples.

Eventually he came upon a place where the water wasn't so shallow. He saw a Troll, standing around splashing. Nereus couldn't help but chuckle at this sight. Nevertheless, he stuck his head above the water and stared at him. He said nothing, seeing what the Troll would say first.

Jirokoyai glances at Ubrasane with a confused look. He had never seen a Troll.
"Ven?, as in little haginko, well yes I sent him home...... ! oh right"
Jirokoyai points at a shack
"its across from there" [Although he's probably not in the mood to speak], the old elven thinks.

Ven is lying down on the top of his house (lol)
*blegh*"i feel like a mess, I trained for a day and for what... cant even find a decent steel sword..." [though I could ask that black smith to make me one...]
Ven looks up to a tree while trying to stay awake. He thinks of tag back where he came from, and how he'd hide ontop of his old house.
"hehe, I'm a 16 year old acting like a child again..."
(not much to pull up, kinda at a lack of words here. :1 )

Cinnaret slept for about an hour longer in her pool behind the waterfall, but upon waking she was immediately alert. Someone had come to her lake. How rare. Perhaps it was the troll she was informed would visit her? Eyes narrowing, she slithered under the water and disappeared. She swam straight down, avoiding the waterfall's touch, a sort of game that she played occasionally when she became bored. Cinnaret did not emerge from the depths of the lake until she reached the shallows in front of the one visiting her lake.

It was indeed a troll. Or at least she thought it was. Only twice had she encountered trolls, each time years ago, so she couldn't entirely remember what they were like. Poking her eyes out of the water to peer at him, she decided he was no threat, really, since his presence had been foretold as beneficial. Comfortable now enough to drag herself into the shallows, a place she only stranded herself when she would not have to worry about struggling to get back into deep water, Cinnaret stared haughtily at Ubrahsane. She seemed in no hurry to speak, preferring to inspect the troll like she was studying his anatomy for a test.

At last, she spoke.

"You are the troll that the water sent, yes? It has been a long while since I have encountered a troll, but you look as strange as I remember them to be. Were you informed of my name, or just my location? And what am I to call you?"

[dash=yellow]Axel and Arya:
Ubrahsane addressed the comments in the order he had received him. Unlike most of his kind, he tried his best to be polite and figured they would be understanding if he did as such. "I do apologize, but I am unsure of how to get the blades you are asking about. I can definitely talk to some blacksmiths that happen to know of our goal and who will possibly make them for us. But they will do so secretly, so it may take a bit longer to make. But I can definitely try to do so." He looked and studied the blades from where he was standing and smiled. "I think it is definitely a possibility."

He noticed Arya's unease. "I do understand that this is a hard time and a war is not favorable, but I thank you for your courage. Healing is much needed." He knew that this alone did not bring a sense of comfort, but unfortunately, he had to leave soon for he had many he needed to visit. "I do not mean to rush, but I must be on my way to visit others to recruit. We are to all meet in time for I have a bit more to explain." He took a deep breath, and was happy that this was proving slightly easier than he had originally thought. "I will give you directions to the village in the Koliei Forest where we all are to meet in a few weeks to continue our journey if you are still willing to join. But before I go, do you have any inquiries?"[/dash]

[dash=red]Keevako:
Ubrahsane nodded in appreciation and returned the gesture. "I thank you my sister." He took a deep breath, knowing that there was much ahead of him. "I do apologize, but I must be off. There are others I must talk to have them join our side. Here are the directions to the Koliei Forest and a village where we will meet. There are a few more details I must tell everyone about but I cannot do it now. It would be best to wait for everyone to be together for this news. It will be a few weeks out before we can all meet together. I know you help other villages around here, so I believe you will not leave early. But if you decide to go and wait, there is an inn who is expecting all that you are more than welcome to go to and rest to wait for me." He started to try to think about how to explain this to everyone as he handed her the paper with the directions. "I will see you soon."[/dash]

[dash=grey]Nahem:
Ubrahsane nodded. "Thank you. I appreciate this and glad to have you stand beside us for as long as we can. I respect your decision if you decide to leave us." He mentally applauded at how much easier it was than he had originally expected. He quietly slid Nahem a piece of paper with directions. "There is a village within the Koliei Forest that has set up an inn for us. I have more news that I need to talk to all who is joining us. We will all week within a few weeks time. Until then, you are more than welcome to go where you want, or head to the village. They will provide shelter and food until I arrive."

Ubrahsane bowed. "Until the time Nahem, I bid you farewell."[/dash]

[dash=teal]Nereus:
Ubrahsane stopped splashing and offered a slight bow when he saw Nereus. "Good day Nereus. I am glad to finally meet you. I come to speak to you about an urgent matter. Would you be so kind as to allow me to have a conversation with you?" He was unsure of exactly how to approach Ice's follower, for all he had been notified of was his skill in hunting. He hoped that Nereus would be one to listen easily, for he would probably be a great asset.[/dash]

[dash=green]Ven:
Ubrahsane thanked Jirokoyai with a slight bow. "You have my thanks, kind elf." He headed to the home where the old elf had pointed to. When he reached the door, the gave a knock, hoping that Ven would be in today. He prayed that the Elements would make this venture as easy as most of the others have been.[/dash]

[dash=blue]Cinnaret:
Ubrahsane smiled and bowed. She was one of the few who actually asked of his visit and that mentioned their Element. "Yes my lady, I am the troll that you have been told about. My name is Ubrahsane." He stood back straight and looked at her, without a question in his eyes. "I am taking that you are Cinnaret, correct?" He knew that she was the one he had been seeking, but he did not like to appear to know all. "I have come upon Element's request to talk to you about a very serious matter. Would you be kind enough to let me speak to you in regards to a request?"[/dash]

Axel nodded, reeling his braid back in [it took some doing but he managed to coil it all in his lap. He could deal with someone else making his knives, possibly. "One thing though: who sent you?"

All this promise of good fights and excitement was all well and good, but... it would be nice to know who petitioned all of this.

[DASH=yellow]Axel:

Ubrahsane respected the elf in front of him. "A good question." He looked around and took a deep breath, making sure he couldn't see nor feel anyone else around. This was a secret and could easily cost him his life. He lowered his voice as a precaution. "I have been sent by the Elements. They are prepared to fight against those who have hurt their followers and who are trying to undo the balance of our world. That is why this meeting is so important."

He hoped that Axel knew somewhat of what was going on, but he wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Most of what is being done has been hidden, except of the public executions for the followers of the Elementals. There have been whispers of them going around, so many have stopped with their beliefs or have not made it as public. [/DASH]

Ven opens his eyes quickly as he gets up still on the top of his house and rubs his eyes. He then looks down.

In a delecate voice he asks "Um... hello, who do you happen to be?" Vens face changes. "and If you're trying to sell me anything, I beg of you, leave me alone" Then he makes a slight urking noise. [there I go again, jumping the gun...]

Hm. Cinna was somewhere between intrigued and bored. Her tail flicked up and down much like a cat's while she continued to observe Ubrahsane. It may have felt strange to Ubrasane; for about a minute after he requested her permission to continue speaking, Cinna only stared at him thoughtfully. Her tail refused to stop twitching.

"I never get to speak to anyone, much less a troll sent by the water to ask me something important... Please speak as much as you would like," she urged him, looking genuinely excited.

((Sorry for the midget post, Oyo-ya-yo. Even Cinna is at a loss for words sometimes, though :o ))