God Shell [Mecha Sci-Fi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
_0_0_______by_aenaluck-d6797eg.jpg

Character Name: Marcus White

Appearance: Marcus is what people would call a tall man. Standing at 6'2 and weighing in around 250 his most identifying features are the small scar over his left eye and the Draco squad tattoo on his back.
Tribal_dragon_tattoo_idea.jpg

Personality: I guess if I had to describe my personality, I'd say I'm just your average guy. I just want to do right by the people around me. If i see something bad, I try to stop it. If someone needs help I help them. People tell me I'm to humble and that I need to be more proud of what I've done with my life but, The way I see it, I only did what anyone else would do in my shoes. A lot of people tell me I'm too nice, but the way I look at it, how can we expect people to be kind to one another if were not kind to them first, you know?

Biography: So you want to know about me? There's really not much to tell. I grew up on in the outer colonies with my mom, dad, and two sisters. Nothing extraordinary happened when I was young. I got average grades made friends. I guess I'd have to say one of the most life changing things I did was join the military after I graduated. I was young and naive and thought by joining the military I could help make the galaxy a better place. Which was true to an extent, but I was more of a puppet for the military to control. I still remembered after I finished boot camp and got assigned to my squad, my captain and all the other guys all dragged me out to get a tattoo. We all had the same tattoo. It was like a squad identifier. Anyone who'd ever been in Draco squad had the same tattoo. I opted to get it on my back of course and we ended up spending an entire day in the tattoo parlor chatting it up while i had the image of a flaming dragon permanently tattooed onto my back.

Fast forward a few years and that damn war started. One of the first colonies to be hit was my home colony. My parents died in that conflict. There was nothing I could do to stop it. I did manage to save my sister's. I got them ticket's on a shuttle to earth. The center of our space. There was no where safer. I however stayed to fight. It was cruel and violent to say the least. We started a war with a race of aliens we knew nothing about and in return they began wiping us off the face of the galaxy. Battle after battle we lost. We were losing faster then we had thought we would. I was losing comrades and friends left and right, and yet there was nothing I could do but fight.

As the fighting grew harsher and more gruesome I could feel my time was coming to an end, and it should have. I was shot out of the sky on a routine scouting mission. I crash landed on the burnt out remains of one of our own colonies. I should have died there. But I didn't instead, something happened that would help influence the course of the war itself. When I woke up I'd found my ship had crashed on unstable ground and it had collapsed, causing my ship to fall into a large cavernous system below the surface. I must wandered for what seemed like hours before I found something. Hidden underneath the surface I found what people call, a god shell. At the time I had no clue what it was. From what I saw it had to have been almost completely buried under rubble dirt and god knows what else. But as I drew near a faint glow from the odd metal shape drew me closer and closer, until suddenly it hissed to life and opened up right before me.

Inside the hollowed out chamber which would later serve as My cockpit I found a young girl curled into a ball in the center of the machine. Without a moment's hesitation I rushed to her side thinking she was hurt or worse, but as soon as I touched her her eye's fluttered open and she grabbed me. The young girl pulled me down into what I had assumed to be a passionate kiss but as she did so the inside of the machine sprang to life. Light's flickered on and the room we were in slowly changed shape. monitors and controls formed before my very eye's and in the center of it all a chair. To say the least it was a confusing moment for me, but the young girl told me to sit in the chair and all would make sense. SO I trusted her. I sat in that chair, and in a flash I felt a searing pain in the back of my neck as the machine bored into my spine ad implanted this devise that allowed me to link with it, control it.

Just like that the machine linked with me and I became it's soul user. The girl, my companion through life. That was the day I helped turn the tide of the war. With that machines capabilities I fought back against them. Turned them away from our home's. And back to there's. But it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The girl acted as my conscience in battle. She was pure innocence uncorrupted by the world around her. I was her guardian and sole protector. She became the rock that held me down and the hand that held me up. When the war finally pushed back to the aliens home worlds. I'd thought it would be over. But the military ordered me to push further.

They ordered me to kill civilians. Innocents who had never taken a human life. I was to snuff out there life's for the sake of what? Scaring them into never messing with us again. It was just wrong. It felt so wrong. By the time the war had ended I'd taken so many innocent life's, I couldn't face my sisters. I couldn't fight for a military that would have me do such things. It had been one thing to fight back and protect our people. But when we were no longer the defenders, and we were the violent aggressors trespassing on there lands and killing there families. I couldn't fight for that military. SO I retired, and they said nothing to stop me.

For a while I traveled around and lived off the spoils of war, the money I'd accumulated. But I just felt empty, without a purpose. Yes I had Lilian, but I didn't have any reason to keep going. Until she told me something. She wasn't alone. There were more like her out there. Somewhere in the galaxy, the universe, there were more of her kind. When I heard that I swore I would help her find her people, I would help her find her family, the people she belonged with. So now I follow every lead, and search every planet for any lead to her people. The key to that knowledge I fer may lie within the military and the other god shell pilots. So that's my story. It's all about how my life got flip turned upside down. Thanks for taking a minute, and sitting there. Now if you excuse me, I have to find the home of this heir.

Aspirations/Dreams: To find the secret's of Lilian's past and find her people. He dreams of one day thanking her people for all that Lilian has done for him and to see her reunite with her people finally.
-------------------------
Mecha Name: GrimWar

Appearance:
recon_mec_by_sancient-d39qn33.jpg

Characteristics: Unlike with most mech's the entry point to the cockpit is located at the base of the neck in the back . The cockpit features a holographic status system which prvides a full holographic view of the netire Grimwar mech and details how much power is being used by each system and part as well as damage notifiers to keep the pilot aware of when they need to retreat. Within the center of the cockpit there is a large chair with a hole in the back of the headrest where a large needle is inserted into the base of the neck of the pilot to allow for full synchronization between mind and system making the mech's response time and reflexes faster.

GrimWar comes equipped with light armor but a reinforced skeletal structure to allow for increased agility and decrease the chances of structural integrity failure within the base limbs. Grimwar is approximately 46 feet tall and can run at speeds up to 275 mph when not in combat. When in combat Grimwar limit's running speed in order to allow for more accurate and precise movements while in battle.

GrimWar also comes equipped with extending back thrusters to allow for short bursts in movement allowing it to clear large gaps or jump higher distances. This is however limited do to a heating imbalance it causes within fuel exchangers.

Traits:

-Scuffle -Your mecha's arms (really its whole body) is built to withstand the forces involved in hand-to-hand combat, allowing it to strike enemies with its limbs without risk of self-harm.

-By the Power of Greyskull - You can summon your mecha from anywhere in the world. Just be careful about where you do this.

-Avatar - Your mecha came with a special package inside; a human being. While the spirit of your mecha is attached to this individual, meaning its functioning depends on their survival, it does benefit from increased overall performance.

- The Undying - For one reason or another, your mecha is seemingly incapable of being incapacitated. It can take an immense licking and still truck on, from missing limbs (or a missing head!) to a completely torn-open torso.

-Twin Engines - Compared to other mecha, yours displays an overall increased physical ability in all respects. Costs 2 trait points.

Equipment: GrimWars only notable equipment is four rods that erect from the knuckles of it's hands and channel an immense electrical current. These cannot be used at all time's do to power flow usage but can be used for short periods of time to disrupt electrical systems and even shut down some lesser electronics such as power systems jet's, Mechs(regular not god shell) and even high class anti armor vehicles.

Name: Lilian

Height: 5'2

Weight: 109

Appearance:
socks_girl_by_suichast-d84hg3c.jpg

Name: T.J. Johnson

Appearance: 5'10, 170 lbs, with brown hair and sparkling blue eyes.

Personality: Very strict and deeply religious, he's a military man through and through. Doesn't make friends easily, but has a soft spot for kids. If he has one weakness, it's that he's a definite hypochondriac.

Biography: Born on Earth (Virginia to be specific), he signed up for the Army as an infantryman the second he turned 18. On a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri, he came across the God Shell named War Howl, which bonded with him. He served with distinction on the desert planet of Malkehon, receiving three combat promotions, more than any other soldier stationed there. Even though the war is largely over, he's still on deployment, waiting to be recalled home.

Hopes/Aspirations: To survive long enough to see his baby daughter Anna, who was born on his current deployment.

(Major bonus points if you can tell what historical figure I ripped off.)

God Shell

Name : War Howl

Physical Description: 50 feet tall, it has a steel-gray paint job a with wolf insignia on the chest. It's comparatively slender and delicate looking, but has defensive capabilities to make up for it.

Combat Capabilities: 4-inch thick titanium armor, shoulder mounted gatling guns, and beam saber. Maximum ground speed: 150 mph. Maximum air speed: Mach 1.5

Personality: Almost the exact opposite of T.J., he is fun-loving and outgoing.

Hopes/Aspirations: None, really.

Traits: Sentient, Omnidirectional Shielding, Aversion Shielding, Corrective Armor, Energy Blade,
Black Hole Weapon.

O_O Oh my god! I am so sorry! I didn't realize you made a similar concept! XD Wow what can I say great minds think alike right! ^__^ . . .right? O__O right?

Incomplete sheet. I just want to get an opinion in the mech I have, because I have a tendency to make things way more powerful than they should be.

Character Name: Vahan Darbinian

Appearance:
A man in his mid-twenties, Vahan seems a little pale, thin and short for a soldier, but he is stronger than he looks. His slim frame is hiding a body built for endurance and he can withstand quite the punishment. He has short, brown hair complimented by warm, dark brown eyes that are a little further apart than usual. He is about average-looking, with a sharp bone-structure that defines his long face along with his big nose. Though he makes an attempt to shave every day, Vahan’s stubble is very visible at all times.

He usually wears practical, long-sleeved clothing that covers as much of his body as possible, and he has a preference for neutral colours.

Personality:
Vahan is a very protective, but a healthily suspicious person who tries to guard the lives of people he protects. Though he is aware of the contradiction inherent in using a devastating war machine to guard others, he views it as a necessarily evil for his task and has resolved not to involve himself in the moral dilemma such a decision presents. However, he does not protect just anyone, rather, he prefers to get to get to know them first, then decide if they really are his allies or just another face on the road. The only exemption from this are innocent people who are clearly just caught up in the middle of a conflict.

He is not a man of many words, but he does convey what he wants to say rather well and is not below giving explanations or having heartfelt talks with others. However, one of his major flaws is his willingness to risk his life for strangers if they are outmatched, which is often further amplified by his impulsive nature. He is also not very book-smart, meaning that he does not know a lot of the world around him, but he is not gullible. Vahan is also very quick to call people out on what he perceives to be a lie and refuses to back down until they present him with evidence that they are not trying to decieve him.

Biography:
Born on the border-world of Zera, Vahan enjoyed a normal, if a little challenging childhood. As a planet far removed from the rest, the greatest advancements of technology would only make their way there within years, which often left him and his family along with the rest of the community with hard, physical work. As he grew up, the young boy learned to value silence, cooperation within reason, the lives of others as well as honesty even in the worst cases. He might not have been the brightest of kids, but his parents loved him and he could work for far longer than anyone of his age.

But all that shattered when he turned eight. One of the first worlds to be attacked by the aliens, everything quickly turned to hell within a matter of hours from descent. As they had little in the way of traditional militia, the planet was overrun incredibly quickly and people were forced to hide within caves, their own cellars, or places far removed from the world. The once tight communities scattered all throughout the continents, becoming isolated groups that remained together only through fragile bonds.

Vahan’s family was one of the luck few that managed to escape the initial massacre in one of these groups, but that did not mean they had it easy, though as they had to fight for their survival every day. For years, they have lived in fear of being discovered, then killed like cattle and their group could barely keep together as famine, disease and infighting reared their ugly heads. People of the group often lost their lives in meaningless ways to buy others time or to missions that they never returned from, which Vahan saw as senseless sacrifice.

Instead of growing hardened to the loss of life, Vahan was scarred by his experiences and hoped that the military would soon come to liberate Zera, yet every time that a military division landed on the planet, they were beaten back within the hour. Though from the survivors’ perspective, this meant that they gained access to new materials every now and then, to Vahan, this was yet another ugly aspect of war that he could not get over, and eventually, he cracked under pressure. The sheer amount of loss in his life made him break off from the group, thinking that it was better to fend for himself.

Though his family tried to convince him of his stupidity, Vahan was too traumatised to think logically and left with a small amount of supplies to seek his own fortune. For days, he journeyed alone, fending for himself the best he could, but instead of his mind growing clearer, his thoughts became murkier. The isolation may have removed himself from the senseless sacrifices, but the isolation was getting to him very quickly. He was so used to social interaction that he became increasingly delusional by the day, until he found something that he did not think was possible.

In one of the planet’s dense jungles that he decided to explore because of a mad decision, Vahan found a strange tree formation, and on top of it, the strangest girl he had ever seen: Argus’ avatar. Though he was barely holding onto his mental integrity by this point, he recognised a person, as well as the bits of machinery that were so deeply entwined with the trees that he could not possibly get rid of them by hand, so he rushed to the girl as fast as he could… Only that it was too late. She was not breathing. She was already dead. The light of insanity slowly took over Vahan’s eyes as he grabbed his knife to do something unspeakable.

But then, the voice of a girl brought him back from the brink of madness, and as he looked down, he found that the dead person’s lips were moving, forming a sentence.
“You found me, my champion…” The next thing Vahan knew, the gigantic machine underneath him activated and a stream of information flashed through his mind, identifying the girl as Hjöldís and the machine as Argus. All the specifications he could ever need to pilot the machine flowed into his mind, but the information proved too much for him to handle, knocking him out cold.

When Vahan finally came to, he found himself in a now all-too-familiar piloting seat just below the panel to which Hjöldís was linked to. Though his common sense screamed to rescue the girl, the information told him that she was necessary to operate Argus to its fullest capacity, and as his memories came back to him, Vahan realised that he had a powerful tool in his hands. Fuelled by his disgust for violence, the man decided to hold a one-man campaign against the aliens invading his world.

First, he cleared out the surroundings of his home city so that his family might return, then he started raiding outpost after outpost with Argus. Always striking at night, Vahan became feared in the ranks of aliens and word of mouth about a gigantic warrior spread quickly amongst humans. Within mere months, Vahan re-established contact with his kind, then lead them back to one of the cities. Now that he had a dual purpose, the intensity of Vahan’s raids decreased, but as long as people flocked to him, he did not care and his reckless method of combat along with his endurance has earned him the name Mad Colossus.

As the war came to a halt, the forces of Earth and the ODD slowly reached Zera too and Vahan immediately signed up for the ODD. He knew that if he did not defend his planet, then no one would and despite the reports, there were still enemies lurking on Zera’s horizon.

Aspirations/Dreams:
He wants to continue protecting his home city as well as to ensure the safety of as many people as he can, even if it means killing others. He wants his planet to become a beacon of peace so that the horrors of his childhood may never happen again. When that is done, he just wants to settle down, to forget everything that he did and bury Argus in the sea along with his memories.
Mecha Name: Argus

Appearance:
guns%20desert%20mecha%20weapons%20tanks%20battles%20canon%20anime%20detailed_www.wall321.com_26.jpg

Stands about twenty metres tall, and about just as wide. Unlike the picture, it does not have a cannon on top and its arms only have a single weapon hole. The right arm deploys the Assembly System.

Characteristics: Though relatively slow when compared to its kind, there is no denying the brute force behind Argus, as every feature of the mech screams that it was built for devastation. Even in its standard form, only a handful of weapons can damage the machine and it can eleminate entire squadrons with a single salvo. However, the machine must deploy to access its most powerful weaponry, or else the massive recoil will damage the frame and push it back, but even if it is not deployed, it moves really slowly. This makes Argus a prime target for any form of orbital weaponry, extreme-long-range firepower, mobile weaponry and attrition-based warefare as its durability seems to often exceed that of its pilot.

In deployed form, Argus reinforces its legs while deploying a third, massive leg which creates an incredibly stable weapons platform. The process of deploying takes several seconds, but it also gives Argus access to its most versatile tool: the Assembly System. This system continously produces ammunition that can be fed to the mecha's weapons, not to mention it allows for the replacement of the drones that have fallen in battle and provides a mobile repair station for all mecha in the area, including Argus. The replacement of a drone takes several hours, but the time needed to repair a mecha varies on its construction as well as the extent of the damage. Mecha that are under maintenance must be completely shut down to prevent damage to critical systems.

Last but not least, the avatar of Argus takes on the form of a young girl in her late teens with long, white cables descending from the back of her head. Calling herself Hjördís, she wears a dark grey, button-up greatcoat with poofy sleeves that covers her entire form from her ankles to her nose, leaving only her deep, dark green eyes visible on her face along with her black military boots on her feet. The avatar never seems to take this piece of clothing off and it appears to give her no discomfort even in the heat of the summer, which suggests that she is only another drone of Argus, a robot. Further reinforcing this is her behaviour in combat: In moments of great crisis, she has often jumped out of the piloting seat to distract or destroy an enemy with her freakish physical strength.

While in Offensive Forme, Argus gains access to its Interceptor Drones, along with the changes described in the Equipment section. In Defensive Forme, it gains access to its Shield Drones and it completely retracts its weaponry, replacing it with high-quality armour plates.

Traits: Sentient, Offensive Forme, Defensive Forme, Drones, The Undying, Avatar

Equipment:
2x Lance Rotary Cannons: These huge, double-row gatling cannons are integrated into Argus' arms and are only accessible if the mecha is deployed, but when they come into play, all hell breaks loose. Their rate of fire is so fast that they are routinely mistaken for continous beams and their destructive power is unpararelled. However, their tracking is really slow due to their immense recoil.

4x Hellfire Cannons: High-caliber cannons designed to piece and eliminate armoured targets with as little effort as possible. Though their rate of fire is low, they are quite accurate, not to mention that they can be used while the Argus is mobile. Two of these weapons are placed on each arm.

4x Fragmenter Cannons: Short-ranged, rapid-fire machinecannons designed to eliminate infantry and lay down suppressive fire. They do not do much against well-armoured targets, but their tracking is quite fast and they can be used while Argus is mobile. Two of these weapons are placed on each shoulder, mounted on an independent turret. In Offensive Forme, additional two Fragmenter Cannons emerge from each leg, reducing their armour significantly.

4x Peeler Cannons: Only accessible in Offensive Forme, these are relatively slow-firing machinecannons that bridge the gap between Hellfire Cannons and Fragmenter Cannons. During shift, two of them emerge from each arm, reducing their armour significantly.

1x Central Rotary Cannon: Only accessible in Offensive Forme and while deployed, this is Argus' greatest weapon, but it exposes a large part of the mech due to its construction. When deployed, the mech's outer armour plates shift away on hydraulic arms to give it moving space. This dramatically decreases the armour's efficiency, but the tradeoff is worth it. Mounted on a central, stable turret, this rapid-firing gatling cannon has superior tracking, though it can still not hit quick, nimble targets. Its firepower is roughly equivalent to that of two Lance Rotary Cannons.

Interceptor Drones: Small, fast and agile drones that are armed with a Rail Launcher, a unique anti-armour weapon that pierces targets, either damaging or destroying objects behind them. They are hard to hit, but they must return to Argus to replenish their ammunition, which is enough for four shots.

Shield Drones: Larger than their offensive cousins, these drones are armed only with a single machinegun that is only good for point defense or killing lightly armoured infantry. However, they have a tough, single-directional armour shield that can be used to defend their allies or Argus.

Last edited:
actually don't scrap that character! I just thought of something. you character is after God shell user's who commited atrocitiesin war. Well my character is plauged by the fact that his superiors forced him to commit such atrocities during war. So your character could actually be tracking mine while he is out in search of awnser's as to where Lillian's people come from. ^__^

and plus if we get in a god shell fight. Your's uses weapons, but isn't as fast as mine in ground combat, but mine doesn't use weapons and is Undying so we could have some pretty epic fight's with our mechs. for example, We get in a fight and you blow a massive whole through the chest of my mech in an attempt to kill me but you miss me do to the cockpits odd location so I'm fighting with a massive whole in my chest. OR! You cut off one of my arms or the head of the mech and I keep on chuggin! It would be so fucking cool!

Here she is! I had to time to type it compared to this morning and spent a better part of an hour on her. We all need a Tank like mech in this so! Here it is with a emotionally unstable pilot to boot! Wooo!

normal_MechaCO-03_Render_By_HeiReborn.png

Stand 5'9" and weighs roughly 124 Pounds.

Character Name: Aurelia Antilles

Personality: Aurelia's personality is driven purely by her emotions. Though she appears emotional and sensitive she is more than capable of dealing with whatever may come here way. She is very caring to those close to her. Due to her young age she feels the need to prove herself to those around her in any means possible and will go against what she believes in if need be. She holds those close to her above all else and has a unknowing and innocent mindset and didn't understand many of the jokes told to her during her Officer training. Her need to prove herself leaves her open to getting upset when failing and often falls into fits up depression and even at times showing signs of Mania.

Biography: Aurelia was born to a family of high Orion officers and with a heritage of war. Growing up she was taught the strategic value of the Mechanized forces deployed by the military on a consistent basis. Her mother and father both had risen in the ranks during the war and she herself at the age of 16 was introduced into the Orion Officer Candidate school. Her training of Mechanized suits led her to develop a sense of pride about herself that had never left her. Within the academy she focused on Mechanized art of close combat. Her excelled training elevated her to the position of wing captain within the training core. Her battle record within the simulations reached unknown limits. To all watching her upbringing prepared her for all that was happening. It was when she was 18 that word of a tragic defeat reached her ears. Two months after her graduation the news of her parents death reached her and she fell into a deep depression. The Orion Defense Department tried searching her out but by the time they found a lead on her she had disappeared.

Aurelia's need to search out the cause of the defeat led her to an alien word. The war had torn the planet apart leaving it but a large wasteland full of the horrors of the war. Carcasses of vehicles and large craters dotted the surface. All but one feature was blighted on the planet... All else was dead. Her shuttle touched down and she ran out hoping to find any clues to rule out what may have happened to her parents. The massive object was half buried in the soot and seemed unscathed... as if uncovered by the planets battle. As she approached, the object lit up revealing a very armor like head structure with several distinct armor like features about it. She backed up and thought about running but was filled with a sense of awe by the armor rising from the dirt. The Armor lit up all the way and she felt her mind begin to scream. She jolted her hands to her head and screamed before falling back and going unconscious.

Two hours passed and her eyes opened to see the full size of the object that rose out of the ground. It stood towering over her like the titans she read about in the mythological books she hid from her parents. She felt different... She saw her hair at her sides and it was no longer the blonde she remembered. Her hair was a snow white and she felt different in body as well. She stood up and felt taller than she was before as well. The God Shell lowered itself down towards her and she felt her body begin to tingle. A singular voice... It sounded old and extremely respectful "I... Am Templar.. My lady, you and I are linked..." it said to her. She stared up at the God Shell "So... I came for answers... I found you. Templar.. Is it? What are you?" She asked it. Templar laughed "My lady.. I exist to serve..." it said back. It became evident to her that the God Shell was full of Chivalry. She cleared her throat "No.. What are you... How are you in my head?!" She said and began to freak out. An image appeared within her head of a fully armored knight. The man had pure white hair and frost blue eyes "I am a God Shell and you are my pilot." It said making her calm down. She coughed and composed herself even as he cheeks turned a dark red from embarrassment. She heard of the God Shells during her OCS training but never saw of heard of any. Her God Shell opened its chest revealing a Pilots chair with no monitors within it. Inside also sat a smaller set of armor and clothes that bore resemblance to the God Shell itself. "This armor will fit to you..." She heard Templar said within her mind. She took and deep breath before taking a metaphorical leap of faith and changed into the armor. She raised an arm and laughed "This feels awesome!" She yelled out before sitting back in the chair "How do I know I can trust... Uhh... I never had somthing like this happen to me before..." She said and came to the conclusion herself "Okay.. Templar.. I.. I'll do this.".

Templar's Pilot cabin closed and it stood to its full height of 55 Ft. Aurelia looked around to try to find screens but suddenly was taken into a first person view through the eyes of the Mech itself. Her mind reeled through the Neural link and she nearly blacked out once again. Templar stood inactive for several minutes as Aurelia's mind processed the vast amount of information being passed onto her from the suits systems. She finally steeled herself and called the Mechanized training she recieved in the past up once again. She moved her arm and Templar did the same. She took a step and the God shell did the same. She laughed and began to run across the ruined battlefield. She concentrated and two large almost angel like white metal wings unfolded from the back of Templar. She jumped and the Mech launched into the air. The Mech's engines roared and she stayed in the air as she began to survey the terrain around her. "Templar.." She said inside of her head. "Yes my lady?" it responded back instantly. She raised her arm causing Templar to do the same as the Neural link finalized "How do I exit this... I mean this is awesome and all but I feel like if I had to live like this for the rest of my life I would be terrifying." She asked. Templar laughed "You will it my lady and you will exit the Neural rift between us. All systems exceeding normal protocols... I recommend staying on this ruined planet for the time being. It is perfect for testing my combat capabilities and movement systems. Are you ready my lady?" It said to her. She laughed "I am ready Templar!" She said and the God Shell began to come fully back online.

Over the next year she spent the time training with the new God Shell. The two became closer as the time continued on until she felt her mind at complete ease within the neural rift. At times she felt lonely with no one to talk to but the machine itself which she was beginning to think wasn't a machine any more. To her amazement the God Shell was a close combat oriented Mech that fit her training at the OCS. When she turned Nineteen she returned to the ODD and offered her services to them. For the next three months she was on continuous military rotations in and out of active service. She began slowly and over the last two months of the 3 month deployment she honed her skills within Templar. She was dispatched to eliminate high profile targets and to eliminate any separatist movement rising in one swift movement. She earned the title "Imperator." from her work within the ODD.

Aspirations/Dreams: She dreams of one day rising to the prominence expected of her and to finding out the truth behind what had happened to her parents. She hopes to find family within the group of people she may one day work with and find someone she can hold close. Her military goals are to punish whoever is to blame for the massacre that claimed her parents and an entire planet.
1141457-bigthumbnail.jpg

Exact nature of picture though larger in stature.

Mecha Name: Templar

Characteristics: Has the capability of Neural linking to its pilot via the armor provided upon activation. It carries twin engines within its hull allowing for superb combat orientation. Its armor is Medium-Heavy allowing for movement on the field of battle but providing armor for the close combat role for which it is used for. It has three targeting systems built within it: 1st: Range combat. 2nd Advanced Close combat suite. 3rd: Targeting system allowing for surgical strikes in vital areas of the opponent. Sensors suite only has one: Omni-System Sensor allowing for detection of distant threats and close threats as well as deciphering its size and threat level. Its height is 55ft making it stick out of the field of battle and making it harder to find cover from incoming threats. Its flying speed is Mach 1 and its combat flight speed is near 310Mph. Max ground speed is 100 Mph with a constant speed of 70mph while in combat.

Traits: Twin Engines, Energy blades, Defensive Form, Final Form

Equipment: One large Gunblade type weapon carried by its right arm. Gun blade's cannon shoots a high powered Rail cannon. Its left arm has a deploy-able blade that when in defensive form expands and hardens to form a large tower shield for improved defensive capabilities. It has a large set of white/gray wings that are stored in the mech's back for deployment. Several armor plates have the ability to slide into place during defensive mode to provide increased protection.

Last edited:
actually don't scrap that character! I just thought of something. you character is after God shell user's who commited atrocitiesin war. Well my character is plauged by the fact that his superiors forced him to commit such atrocities during war. So your character could actually be tracking mine while he is out in search of awnser's as to where Lillian's people come from. ^__^
and plus if we get in a god shell fight. Your's uses weapons, but isn't as fast as mine in ground combat, but mine doesn't use weapons and is Undying so we could have some pretty epic fight's with our mechs. for example, We get in a fight and you blow a massive whole through the chest of my mech in an attempt to kill me but you miss me do to the cockpits odd location so I'm fighting with a massive whole in my chest. OR! You cut off one of my arms or the head of the mech and I keep on chuggin! It would be so fucking cool!
NVM MIND WHAT I JUST SAIDD< THAT WOULD BE COOL! D:

Well... I very much look forward to all of this! My characters mech may be strong but.. the pilot is emotionally... sensitive. I like all of the Mech's so far.

I took a more knight like role with my character and mech as I always loved the up close combat as it seems more romantic and dance like. Oh the lovely dance of death that goes on.

I go to sleep and suddenly, APPLICATIONS EVERYWHERE.

Looked them over. Things to note:

• LSTorm your mecha seems perfectly reasonable. The fact that you fully utilized its Offensive Forme properly means that its extreme power (in that stance) is still nevertheless balanced.
  • @CrimsonHorizons - Templar's equipment mentions a particle gunblade, but you do not have Energy Projectiles as a trait.

Beyond that, Tonedeaf, PunRunner, daird, CrimsonHorizons (given the changes mentioned above) are all accepted.

Changing that right away! Ill make it a rail gun. With the present group do you know when an IC would be made up?

Last edited:
I think I'll join this. I'll be back with a sheet hopefully by Wednesday.

Changing that right away! Ill make it a rail gun. With the present group do you know when an IC would be made up?

With 5 characters accepted thus far, two more on the way soon and another coming later I think it's safe to say we've got plenty of players to start the IC. The next step, then, is for me to devise initial posts for each of the players. As a GM I prefer giving each player a special story of their own, and if those stories can meld into one another then all the better! At the very start, expect for this to be more of a group of 1x1's within the same roleplay. Soon enough however players will start to come together and it'll seem more like a genuine group roleplay.

Now, given this, realize that my posts will more than likely be considerably slower to arrive than players' posts (I have to do X different posts, essentially, per round), so I apologize. As we speak I'm preparing some ideas as to how to start with different players.

Awesome, Sounds good. Ill be checking back every now and then today.

I have updated my profile and made several small corrections. All I am missing is the mecha's appearance and the biography, which will likely be handled tomorrow.

EDIT: It lives!

Character Name: Orion Caster

Appearance: Standing at 5'10'' Orion has an average build. His hazel eyes blending well with his short brown hair.

Personality: Orion is calculated in the majority of his actions in combat, maintaining a calm demeanor in most situations. He also has a severe distrust and hate for authority due to the events that took place on Aegis III.

He is not the easiest person to begin talking to, normally sticking to the back of the room, or avoiding interactions. Due to this his ability to work with others is impeded, and in most situations he likes to work on his own, even ignoring communications from team members due to them being a "nuisance".

This is not to say that Orion is not a friendly person, if anyone gives him enough time he will eventually warm up to them and become more sociable.

Orion was born and raised on an inner-colony world. From the moment that his father deemed him old enough he was taken out to hunt wild game with his older brother Brian. After many years of hunting Orion had become a top shot with a rifle, surpassing Brian by leagues. But the times of hunting and a happy family were growing shorter as a war broke out in the far reaches of human space against an unknown alien race.

The moment the war began young men and women from all around human space began signing up to join the fight against the new found enemy of mankind. Brian and Orion were among those that signed up in the beginning to join the fight. After their initial training the brothers were sent to a reconnaissance unit known as "The Fighting Fifth" and began running simulated missions with them, learning the ins and outs of being part of recon unit and fighting an enemy such as the one they faced.

By the time their training had concluded the war was beginning to take a turn for the worst, colonies were being lost, millions were dying in bitter fighting as their enemy began a ferocious advance toward the center of human space; Earth. With the enemy obliterating entire fleets in massive space battles and wiping entire Army Groups from the face of the planets they were stationed on. The need for troops was beginning to take it's toll and The Fighting Fifth was soon deployed during an operation in an attempt to halt the aliens' advance on a colony known as Aegis III.

Orion at this timed had been assigned as his squads designated marksman, with his brother Brian assigned to be his spotter and security. Upon their landing on the planet they were given the task of finding a small force of aliens that had been wreaking havoc in the front lines with hit-and-run attacks on small FOBs throughout the region. Geared up and itching for a fight the Fifth left friendly lines and set up positions in a small war-torn town in an attempt to catch the group using it as cover.

The plan worked, and the group of aliens was caught in a hail of fire from the Fifths positions. But the victory was short lived, as soon there were reports of alien armor and mechs approaching the town, the Fifth was ill equipped to handle and engagement with armor and called for an extraction. But the extraction was denied by higher ups, they had deemed the men from the Fighting Fifth KIA behind enemy lines on the comm net, for the entirety of the Fifth in the small town to hear. There was going to be no extract, no saving grace of a dropship to bring them home. The Fifth would have to fight their way out of the town with no support from the men they had just saved.

After a long and arduous withdrawal from the town the Fifth had been chipped down to just 7 men in total, Orion and his brother among them. Nearing night fall the aliens launched a final attack to kill the survivors, in the heat of battle Brian took a plasma shot to the head, dying instantly. Being the last of 3 survivors Orion decided to make a run for the fields, as he jumped from the second story of the farm house he and his brother had been using as cover an explosion rocked the ground beneath him, unearthing a small tunnel leading deeper into the ground.

Opting to live Orion decided to follow the tunnel in hopes of an escape, what he found was something he would have never expected. Kneeling in the center of a cavernous opening was Providence, with it's gleaming white hull and rifle on its back. Orion approached Providence; unbeknownst to him to be a God Shell at the time; as he got close enough to Providence it suddenly lit up, the chest opening to reveal a cockpit that would fit him. Reluctantly climbing aboard the God Shell closed the hatch and the interior lit up a light blue with displays and panels.

Orion had no formal training in a mech unit of any kind, but for some reason he felt as if he was connected to Providence, quickly grasping the controls to the extent of a toddler learning to walk. He managed to turn Providence around, spotting a crease in the rock wall ahead Orion hit the wall with Providences hand as hard as he could, and the crease gave way revealing that the crease was in fact two large camouflaged doors. On the other side of the doors was open air.

Orion then engaged in his first taste of mech combat. Fighting the entire force of aliens that had wiped out the rest of the Fifth, Orion managed to make his way back to friendly lines. Field reports suggest that when Orion arrived back in friendly territory the mech he was piloting was heavily damaged, holding its right arm in its left hand, its progressive knife solidly lodged in its side, with large sections of armor completely missing, and a huge hole in the head of the mech.

Orion then went on a rampage though the FOB, only being stopped when Providence completely shutting down and toppling over just moments before it would have completely torn the roof off of the Command Post that had denied the Fifth extraction.

He and Providence now serve in the ODD as a special mission team conducting ranged reconnaissance, and surgical strikes.

Aspirations/Dreams: Orion strives to save anyone he can in combat, not wanting others to experience what he had to experience on Aegis III.
b6nna5p.jpg

Nearly identical to picture, minus the tubing coming from the back. (This picture is a space suit if I had to guess, now it's a God Shell)

Mecha Name: Providence

Characteristics: Providence lacks the built-in weaponry of other God Shells, instead relying on hand-held (so to speak) weapons. Unpon further inspection Providence was found to have an extremely sensitive optical and radar system, due to this long range engagements are believed to be what Providence was designed for.

With it's sensory systems Providence is able to successfully engage foes from unheard of distances. In combat on the ground Providence has an engagement range that is limited by obstacles, while in orbit Providences range of engagement is only limited by its ability to acquire a target.

Also possessing small boosters on the soles of its feet Providence is able to boost anywhere from 20-25 meters in any horizontal direction with the help of it's hyperdirve, giving it the ability to strafe during combat, albeit the effectiveness of the maneuver is not very high.

Providence stands at 13 meters tall, or a few meters taller than an average two story house.

Traits: By the Power of Greyskull, Ablative Armor, Teleportation, Hyperdrive, Ghost, Energy Projectiles

Equipment:
Hard Light Rifle with high density optical package - The rifle has a self contained energy cell that provides for 7 uses before needing to be swapped for a fresh cell or being plugged in to recharge. Coupled with Providences' sensors, long range engagements are made for this pair.

Semi-Automatic Pistol - Notably larger than a standard pistol being that it is used by a God Shell, it has a clip size of 16 and it possess quite the punch at short ranges, but anything farther than 300 meters falls outside of the optimal range for use. The pistol is not capable of taking down any sort of enemy in one shot, in most instances it requires half a clip to take an enemy out of the fight.

Progressive Knife - Providence possess a progressive knife much like your standard models, the only difference is that its appearance is one of a box cutter, with the blade having the ability to be sheathed and unsheathed. The progressive knife is only used in last ditch efforts to survive in close-combat when the pistol has been exhausted of ammunition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daws Combine
A progressive knife is a freebie form of weaponry for God Shells. Progressive knives/vibroblades are so common in the human military that they aren't special enough to warrant making a trait for using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.