D

Dekonic

Original poster
In Memoriam `Tsubaki Amamiya`

The familiar gravestone had haunted those violet eyes for the last year, every passing minute a constant reminder of what had happened. Every passing minute a solidification of the goal that she'd taken on that fateful day. A large part of her personality crumbled to the darkness taking on more devilish traits. The normally quirky and hyperactive female was much more solemn and lonely. She became even more cantankerous and fanatical about Aragami and her mission in the new unit created specifically for the monsters that had taken her mother away. Her mission success rate remained at a steady ninety-nine percent with only her very first missions being a retreat. That was the only day the mist had won over her aggressive and competitive nature. Even in the face of death was she ever imprudent and pushed her body beyond the limits. Time and time again Minerva has battled against Aragami with ferocity unseen in most God Eaters, butchering small and medium-sized like lamb to the slaughter. Being the first of the newer generation placed a great burden across her shoulders. That burden weighing down upon her frame like stones and boulders, the invisible chip on her should creating even more stress. Too valuable Fenrir said, we can't lose someone like you. Politics never interested Minerva, there was too much of that in Fenrir. Greed continued to ruin humanity even in the face of such powerful and despicable entities. Money was just too important. More important lives and more important than missions.

"Hey… Mom." Minerva drug her fingers across the engraved marble with a saddened sigh. "It's been awhile I know. I'm sorry. I wanted to talk with you one last time but I know there's no way you'll ever hear these words let alone respond. It's…" Her breath hitched with the painful tightening of chest that always came with mental pain as deep as this. "You raised me to be a soldier who obeyed orders and slaughter the enemies of humanity. You watched me grow from a small child into a blossomed woman. We argued and fought like a real mother and daughter would. I disobeyed orders to save lives, went against authority to ensure victory. I was… well I still am a hotheaded and passionate about what I do, but only because I wanted to make you proud. You always stood by my side, even when the Court of Inquiry wanted to strip me of my God Eater rank." There was another pause of silence, violet eyes shielding by heavy lids as Minerva drew in another heavy, shaky breath. Several Fenrir personnel passed on by with silent eyes watching the red-head. She'd received notoriety through the last year of missions, taken on the Mist head one, nearly dying on every perilous mission her 'unit' had been dispatched on. "I know you're always watching down on me and making sure I get home safely. Thank you, for everything. I'm sorry I didn't respect you as much as I should have. I…"

The sudden sound of blaring alarms like nails on chalkboard broke here monologue, the voice of a familiar operator blasting through the halls.

Mist confirmed in the abandoned sector- City of Mercy. I repeat Mist has been confirmed! Unit 1 retreat!

Minerva's eyes widened with an aloof gasp, the sound of shock and desperation shattering her moment as she sped away from the gravestone without finishing her conversation and entering the combat analysis room. All eyes turned to the white armlet, the face accompanying the rare sight set on determination. "Sit-Rep." Her voice was lower than before, much more abrasive and demanding as violet orbs burned a hole through her mother's replacement. Hibari Takeda had long been with Fenrir and a loyal operator to the cause. However, she now took the post of lead command in the deployment center while the other operators took her position. "Kota, Erina and Emil successfully evacuated. The trainees…" Minerva turned her back, boots clacking against the metallic flooring with decisiveness. "Minerva…" The red-head turned her head just enough for the shadowed eyes to reveal welling tears, her lips pulled apart to show clenched teeth. "Deploying Mist Special Forces Unit, E.T.A ten minutes. We've lost contact with the trainees. Unit one please continue your exfil." Minerva entered the elevator and pressed three buttons and waited for the obnoxiously slow shaft to drag down to the bottom floor.

The familiar scenery of the engagement room where all the God Arcs of active members were stored was always a bitter-sweet sight. The slender frame moved towards the console, inserting her armlet and waltzing over to the lowering container. This would be her first mission with the new weapon, a peerless white Buster Blade from the reinforced line, lined in purple along the edge and clubbing portions. A buckler shield rested peaceful in the same coloring while her sniper attachment was entirely purple, all from the same reinforced line. Her right hand gripped the hilt with a warm smile, like greeting an old friend to the war once more. The weapon was light, limber and almost alive as she practiced a few swings and circular movements. Fluid movements of swings into perfect shields. She brought her free hand to her ear, pressing the minuscule communication piece into place and checking the line. "Minerva ready to deploy, moving to launch pad." There was silence on the other end, nothing needed to be said to this huntress. It was all in routine, the same unappetizing routine. She stepped onto the helicopter, sliding her God Arc into the nearby holder and slamming her body against the seatback. Hurry her voice screamed I must get there in time. No more die on my watch. This was her fight, the ones that took her mother would pay dearly.

Approaching target destination. Deploy in thirty seconds. Minerva snapped from the uncomfortable holding spot, gripping her God Arc and starring down at the distant land. Everything looked so peaceful and calm. She counted down in her head. Fifteen. The world was so different from this view, nothing mattered this far away. Ten. But deep-down Minerva knew there were monstrosities waiting in the black mist. Five. Her eyes spotted two little ants frantically sprinting from the engulfing mist. And drop. Minerva turned and fell backwards from the helicopter into a straight-on dive to the earth. Balls of black energy hurled from the mist towards the growing ants. A male trainee tripped, staring up towards the mist with horrified eyes and a blackened paw struck from within, lightning fast. The dust cleared as the male trainee opened his eyes to a smiling female holding bright violet eyes. Her right arm cocked in a ninety-degree angle with her Buster Blade pointed downwards behind her back, buckler shield deployed and holding the massive paw in place. "Get out of here, I'll take it from here." The male trainee wasted no more time sprinting towards the hovering helicopter just as the black mist devoured the rest of the area. Minerva pushed the paw of and spun with a vicious rising slash, her blade covered in thick purple energy and smacking whatever was attached to the paw several feet away.

"Minerva here, contact with a Dyaus Pita subtype." Minerva moved fearlessly through the haze, watching the blurred movement of her enemy dance. Had it not been for the disgusting nature of Aragami they'd be interesting creatures to study. Their own purpose was to devour and to destroy, and Minerva was the reaper coming for her souls. Another quick paw came from the left, meeting the shield of Minerva in the same position and another violent uprising of her blade making contact with the beast's face and shattering the bond like butter. Here comes the hard part. The Dyaus Pita screamed in agony, clearly pissed about the situation and activating its enraged mode. Black lightning shattered the ground for several hundred meters. The lashing wing slammed into Minerva before she could react toppling her frame and sending her body crumbling into the nearby wall. Blood spilled from her nose and lips, coughing lungs bringing forth even more crimson liquid. Normally such a beast would be taken down by at least a group of four veteran God Eaters, but Minerva was the only one, currently, that could fight within the mist. There had been others that passed but those members had yet to be assigned to Mist. She wiped away the excess crimson and rolled to the right avoiding several balls of black lightning. Once more the beast had been upon her with righteous fury, swiping down meeting the metal of her buckler shield. Clattering metal and alien muscles strained against one another before Minerva lowered the shield and fired a round off from her sniper using the pushback to create distance from the beast. She slid behind rubble nearby, hoping to catch a break as beaded sweat profusely dripped from her body. Ringing words of a distant family member crossed her mind as they always did when she had been in dire trouble.

'You have three orders: Don't die. If your number's up, get out. Lastly, hide. If you're lucky, catch the enemy off guard and blast it. Wait, is that 4?'

Like a mantra of sorts, Minerva recited the words in her head several times trying to settle her nerves and batter away the itching sensation of vengeance. Rash decisions only get you killed Tsubaki said after her first mission and for the most part those words of wisdom stuck in a large way. She had settled down her breathing, the stamina returning ever so slowly until the moment of truth arose and she leapt into the air. The sheened white metal glowed a violet color as her body descended. "Activate Link Support!" In a sudden moment, her body erupted in a yellow light, her God Arc covered in violet and purple energy as she screamed down upon the Dyaus Pita unleashing a vicious Skull Crusher upon the beast. Black lightning seemed to settle following the Pita's collapse to the ground, Minerva breathing heavy and covered in cuts and crimson. The beast clambered to its feet with a violet lurch to the sides. Minerva was at her limit once again with the beast in front of her looking like an iron wall not quite ready to fall. Before she could react, the blazing fast tail whipped across her stomach sending her crashing into the rubble once more. The guttural scream that erupted from Minerva was silenced immediately as the Pita came down upon her with both paws. The sheened buckler held Pita at bay with violet eyes shivering in rage, refusing to give up and refuting the beasts attack with a sudden flash grenade with her free hand. Using the leverage from another snipe round Minerva used the motion of her God Arc shifting to blade form to flip her upright. She watched the Pita scream, and charge forward with some sort of devilish grin across the disturbing face. Wait, her mind rattled off while the beast continued to charge forth without hesitation. "Burst duration almost over!" The voice of Hibari rung out like a gunshot but Minerva didn't move. Wait. In one sudden moment of blackened haze and split dust Minerva spun on her heels meeting the wing of the barren beast with her buckler, twisting with a vicious rising slash claiming the Pita's life with one more Final Vengeance.

The dust settled to the Earth, one God Eater standing tall in the mist. She pointed the God Arc forward and unleashed her devour upon the monstrosity, leaving behind scraps. "Minerva reporting in, target eliminated, send extraction team to the edge of the mist. Over." She shouldered the weapon in triumph, limping away from the battle. That was careless she told herself, replaying the battle again in her mind. It could have been over so fast, you need to tighten that defense. Strengthen your core and stop being so reckless. Had it not have been for that subtype being so freshly formed you would be dead. Aragami are dangerous and your luck can't keep protecting you. You know that. She shook her head to the side several times trying to force the inward lecture to cease. Thankfully, it took only a few minutes for the helicopter to gather the worn God Eater and depart back towards the Far East Branch. There was radio static once Minerva and the crew within the chopper at nearly been at home base, Hibari's voice cutting through the static with a message. "Minerva, when you get back I need you in the Combat Anaylsis room for a Mist Special Forces meeting." Minerva cocked her head to the side, asking a question without even thinking about her tone. "Why?" Silence claimed the air, she came off a bit rude but Takeda knew Minerva better than almost anyone. "You're meeting four new members of Mist Special Forces." Violet eyes widened at the news, a small grimace turning into a wide smile as that quirky personality returned from the depths of madness for only a moment. "Awesome! Four new 4th generations? I'll need to shower, so I don't look like death!"

The chopper hadn't even landed before red-hair whipped against open wind and her feet landed on the helipad, rushing forward towards the elevator hoping she could get a quick shower in before meeting with the new members. Anything is better than that other red-head! She hadn't been fond of Isaac even though he did his job and she could always rely on him in the field. The elevator crawled downwards until coming to the M.S.F section, luxurious housing divided into small pods, six in total. Each pod held the necessities for comfortable living with a terminal in the corner, sectional couches for guests and a large bed made for two people on the remaining corner. A sink and large wraparound counter top slunk around the sectional across the room on the inner half. Beneath the counter were cabinets of assorted items and a miniature fridge for rationed drinks and food. None of this mattered as Minerva disrobed and hopped into the personal shower attached to her room. Boiling water cleaned the crimson from her body, the wounds beginning to heal thanks to the superb P99 Bias Factor, though the pain beneath them would remain for days, possibly weeks. After the quick shower, she stepped into the room with a towel covering her, looking at the uniform already sprawled out across the bed. "Dammit Hibari I told you I could take care of myself…" It had been nearly a year since her mother passed and even then, Minerva was entirely independent, and yet that red-head always had her back. She couldn't help but to smile as she begun dressing herself.

First was the undergarments, plain underwear and bras – fancier items had been a thing of the past, there was no time and no place to display your sexual agenda. Not for this female at least. She pulled on the pants white formal slacks with tan pockets on either side of her knees to hold flash grenades and other necessities for the job. With socks on she pulled the brown boots over the pant legs and laced them skin-tight, making sure nothing would slip off. She slipped on pseudo-turtleneck sweater that had been cutoff just above the bellybutton. The coloring was an off-tan as she slung the jacket over the sweater, a darker brown to match the boots with the collar being white, trailing down to the back of her arms and just above her breasts. The cuffs were rolled back to accommodate the large armlet, the final piece being brown fingerless gloves to protect her hands. She took a quick one over in the mirror, admiring the Fenrir plate that had been adorned to the back of the jacket before exiting the private room into the small gathering center placed between the six pods. It was a typical family-gathering room with a table and enough seating for twelve people to convene near the large television. Such luxuries were nice at the end of the day but Minerva knew deep down those distractions only took her attention away from the problem and thus she didn't often join in on those activities. She pulled the jacket taught and made sure the collar was straight and erect before calling the elevator to the combat analysis room. The elevator opened to a nearly empty room, five standing frames with their back to her and Hibari just in front of them, the latter of which tossed a lukewarm smile to Minerva. "It seems like your captain has joined us. Introduce yourself, please Captain."

Minerva stepped down from the elevator until she was standing next to Hibari, holding a slight grin as she looked over the new recruits. One of them looked familiar, almost obnoxiously long blue-hair accompanied with a familiar uniform of the Cradle Unit. She couldn't quite recall the name but Lindow always spoke highly of her, a small smile and nod from Minerva as she moved onto the next member. Another female, just a few centimeters taller than herself with such an innocent and adorable appearance. Dark maroon hair and oddly colorized eyes almost like that of a cat. Never judge a book by the cover, Minerva. She lived by those words and would look forward to this girl's potential on the battlefield. Not everyone was capable of being a 4th-type and that carried weight enough to warrant a position on the unit. Just as she did with the blue-haired beauty Minerva smiled and nodded at red-hair. Yet another female in the lineup, several centimeters taller than herself with shorter black hair and oddly tipped ends in blood red. She looks like I did when I first joined Fenrir. It was odd, almost like looking in a mirror but not seeing your true face reflected across the silvered glass. Her eyes lingered for a few minutes on the black-haired female until Minerva turned a color of crimson, realizing her eyes lingered far too long and moved on to the final member of the squad. A male with a fair complexion and beautiful turquoise eyes, almost like a normal person should be. After her visual inspection, she drew in a heavy sigh and began the boring part of the job, something she never had to do as she always turned down promotions.

"My name is Minerva Evelyn O'Connell Captain of the Mist Special Forces. I've been with Fenrir for almost ten years. I was a member of the First unit up until about a year ago when I was the first to be capable with P99. Each and everyone one of you is now a part of the squadron designated to target and eliminate Psions and combat the Mist Aragami. I don't care for the title thing so just call me Minerva, and we'll get along just fine. Take pride in the fact that you've all stepped up and taken a risk to be a bastion of humanity. " She stopped suddenly, turning towards Hibari with a questionable expression. After a long minute, she spoke again with a shrug. "If you have any questions I will be in the lounge. If not feel free to acquaint yourself with the Branch if you've not been here before. Our quarters are on the fifteenth floor and you'll find your housing pod already assigned. That's all, I guess." With a subtle wave and grimaced embarrassment Minerva left the group and entered the lounged just to the left. She hadn't been the best speaking and never was a solidified leader. She could only hope to bring about the imagery Tsubaki saw within her. She took a chair next to the largest table possible, waving to Mutsumi while she simply waited for the meet and great section of this awkward medium to be finish. There were Aragami to kill and lives to save. Wasting time one something so meaningless was beyond her, but Tsubaki always said… Your teammates will be family. Without them you are nothing. Without you they are lost. Be the leader you need to be for yourself, for humanity and for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
ckgerp.png

[Miyuki Ishihara]
[Fenrir Far East Branch - Combat Analysis Room]

A group of 4 was standing in front of Hibari, as the operator briefed them about the Mist Special Forces and the Black Mist anomaly that is plaguing the satellite bases. The 4 God Eaters possess white God Eater armlets, indicating that they are the new Mist Special Forces that are tasked to combat the Black Mist incident. One of them, a blue-haired girl with a white Cradle jacket, listened to the briefing with an aloof expression.

Just after she managed to establish herself in Cradle, Miyuki once again found herself changing units, with this time as a member of the Mist Special Forces. She remembered the announcement of the Black Mist when Far East Branch propagated it through all official channels. Fear can be seen in the satellite base she was tasked to defend with, as God Eaters without the P99 Bias Factor are unable to defend themselves from the Mist. At the same time, numerous Fenrir personnel were sent to test out the God Eaters who are compatible with the P99 Bias Factor. Miyuki was compatible during the mass tests at the satellite base she was stationed in.

She remembered how distraught her younger partner was when she was going to be transferred into Mist Special Forces. Miyuki had to spend a lot of time just to console her, continuously assuring her that she will return if a Black Mist incident about to happen at the satellite base. The blue-haired girl even told her to run first, as the Black Mist will transform any non-P99 God Eater into a powerful Aragami, adding more burden to the existing survivors.

Miyuki turned to the elevator, as the door opened, revealing a well-dressed red-haired woman.

"It seems like your captain has joined us. Introduce yourself, please Captain."

The blue-hair girl promptly raised her eyebrows when Hibari mentioned the word 'Captain'. It was clear what the jacketed woman was about to do when she stepped away from the elevator and eventually stood beside with Hibari. Miyuki noticed that the woman began to study her subordinates, starting from herself first. The blue-haired girl maintained her aloof expression, even after the Captain gave a smile and a nod to her before moving on to another God Eater beside her.

The woman surely has the battle-hardened look on her, which somewhat gave Miyuki some relief. After all, she and the other 4 God Eaters are going to combat the Black Mist, which are mostly unknown stuff. They are the forefront of this incident, and things are more than likely to go south for the Mist Special Forces. Once the red-haired woman was done inspecting her would-be subordinates, she lets out a heavy sigh and introduced herself.

Miyuki listened on, as the Captain, Minerva Evelyn O'Connell briefly mentioned about her past. She felt assured when the Captain announced that she has nearly 10 years of experience as a God Eater. The Captain also stated that she does not value formality as well. However, she stopped midway in her speech and turned to Hibari with an odd expression, causing Miyuki to narrow her eyes and stare at Minerva suspiciously.

After what it feels like a minute of silence, Minerva finally turned at her subordinates.

"If you have any questions I will be in the lounge. If not feel free to acquaint yourself with the Branch if you've not been here before. Our quarters are on the fifteenth floor and you'll find your housing pod already assigned. That's all, I guess."

She said, after a shrug. Miyuki merely stared at her as the Captain subtly waved at them with an embarrassed look, and left the group to their own, heading towards the lounge. The blue-haired girl immediately shot Hibari with a very disappointed gaze, as she was going to scream "What the hell?!" at the red-haired operator.

Hibari flinched at Miyuki's sharp gaze, before addressing at the group of 4 God Eaters.

"I-I'm sorry," The operator apologized. "Minerva has difficulties in socializing, especially when it comes to speaking in front of a crowd. It was one of the reasons why she was constantly turning down her due promotion..."

Miyuki shook her head, as her hopeful thoughts on Minerva were dashed to the ground. "The Captain could have asked us to introduce ourselves, before she decide to leave us."

After a sigh, the blue-haired girl decided not to pursue this blunder any further, and promptly introduced herself to the other trio of God Eaters.

"Anyway, I'm Miyuki Ishihara from the Far East Branch." She briefly introduced herself.

"Perhaps we should go to the lounge and introduce ourselves to the Captain? We're going to work as a team, after all."

• Love
Reactions: Dekonic
Runa Gunvald
Fenrir Central Eurpoean Research Branch - In transit to Far East Branch
Runa had a long day of packing and helping get everything loaded into the big transport plane her father's research group was using for their move to the Far East. It was a miracle they'd even be getting there on time, but they somehow managed to get all their things boxed up and ready to go. The young God Eater was seated in what passed for the passenger section for the plane. The seating wasn't particularly comfortable, so her original plan for sleeping through the entire flight was shot. Instead, she updated her diary about the day's proceedings.

"Dear diary," she wrote in what looked more like a lab notebook than a girl's diary, "Today's been pretty nuts. I think I spent the entire day moving boxes around and stuff just so we can sit on a plane for hours. But hey, we're finally going to the Far East, so that's cool. Why does all the trouble seem to happen over there, anyway? Dad's pretty sure it's got something to do with that whole incident with Friar and the tree and...whatever happened at the end of it. But since he's coming too, maybe he'll get a chance to figure something out!"

She sighed, and felt herself almost wishing some Aragami would attack the plane while it was in transit or something so she had something to do. She did her best to get comfortable and settle in for the trip.

Fenrir Far East Branch - Combat Analysis Room
Runa didn't have much time to rush to the meeting room, but she was there to stand at attention with the others. At least she was dressed properly in a Fenrir uniform, instead of whatever she could have just thrown together. This wasn't the sort of event you blow off with your everyday clothes. She could save them for the Aragami.

She looked around at the others, but didn't have much time before her attention was front and center for the briefing from Hibari, and their Captain. The Captain, it turned out, was late to her own briefing. She spent a few moments obviously sizing up each of the assembled God Eaters. Runa tilted her head to one side when the woman's gaze lingered on her, and she returned the smile. I guess that means she's satisfied, Runa thought to herself.

The quick and informal introduction was not what Runa had been expecting, but she was relieved. It could be a lot worse. After Miyuki introduced herself, Runa followed suit. "I'm Runa Gunvald. I pretty much just flew in from Europe, so...I don't really know where anything is around this branch yet. I'll just have to follow along for the lounge."

Last edited:
  • Love
5mF6Sce.png

{Summer Price}
In Transit - Far East Branch
Planes were never a favorite subject of the female, the bumpiness and lack of control always creating a certain sense of despair and anxiety. This was even more apparent in the face of Aragami who loved taking out passenger aircraft carrying important substances for the dire Far East. America wasn't the superpower it once was, a shambling shell of deathly existence producing very few God Eaters and far fewer solutions to the cause. Radar clear, continue descent into the Far East Branch. Arrival in Fifteen minutes. The sound of an unfamiliar male cleared some of the despair but Olivia knew that this descent was the beginning for her, having only served as a God Eater a few years in a desolate and unoccupied country. Even though danger had settled and the rubber wheels of her aircraft screeched across the pavement there was still the nagging sensation of sadness. The Far East Branch looked desolate outside of the headquarters, anything behind the Anti-Aragami wall looking like a scene from a book. Nothing but dirt and death for hundreds of visible miles. The ever-looming sensation of death was think in the air even through the faux smiles and off-putting smiles.

Summer saw through most off the political nonsense and tried her best to maintain happiness though the hyperactive personality helped supersede most of that. She followed the guide who then led her from the terminal into the large facility and ultimately to the gigantic elevator that brought her to the analysis room. Three others gathered with similar armlets, so she took her place on the far left and just kept quiet. So badly did she want to strike conversations and build rapport with the other God Eaters, she never had friends. America didn't build her as a person of interest, she always took on missions with different units as a filler between the joints. She remained silent even as the captain strolled in rather late to the meeting though she looked bruised and battered with fresh wounds. Minerva was something of a noteworthy God Eater having been raised by the strictest teacher within Fenrir. There were a lot of men and women that looked up to her, but seeing her person didn't quite strike any fancy chords within Summer. And just as quick as she came, she had gone. "That's disappointing." She spoke aloud turning to the rest of the group and listening to their obligatory introductory statements.

"Summer Pryce of the American unit, I am thirsty and hungry so don't mind me, but I am going to find the captain and introduce myself. Runa, the lounge is up here." She nodded simply and turned on her heels moving towards the far end of the room towards the lounge.

{Summer Pryce}
Lounge - Far East Branch

The lounge was as it always had been, young cook behind the bar and the gigantic capybara in the corner. Summer nodded solemnly to Mutsumi as she moved toward the table where Minerva placed herself. "Not the best introduction. You didn't even bother asking your team for names or anything." Summer plopped down on the couch, opposite of Minerva and sighing aloof, trying to be serious and surreal. Normally she'd bounce and cheer at the chance to work with the strongest God Eater's but her mother warned of politics and sadness. And thus, she hid her personality and starred a hole through the red head. "Summer Pryce from the American Alpha Unit." She didn't know how to proceeded, trying to be sly and professional wasn't within her game plan. Nevertheless she proceeded. "I've heard about you, rumors of 'The Scarlet Huntress' travel far and wide. You were pretty standout in the first unit. I admired you growing up as a God Eater." She had begun to ramble, stopping herself short and blushing, whimpering an apology silently and opting to wait for the rest of the team.

There was an odd charm to the Far East Branch compared to the Glasgow Branch. As far as Dennis could tell there was allowance for a fair bit of luxury, he would've expected a sparse and utilitarian layout based on what he'd heard about the situation over here in the Far East... Not that it was a problem, but it certainly raised a few questions that would likely be ignored if he began asking around.

To be completely honest he still wasn't sure on whether this promotion to the Far East's Mist Unit was a good or a bad thing, becoming a God Eater moreso, his pay went up and it was no doubt considered a position of importance yet there was still a lot of mystery behind the Aragami that cause the Mist.
The thought of dealing with mostly unknown Aragami that no other unit is capable of combat did it's job in setting a low sense of dread and concern over the near future of Fenrir and humanity in general, he'd had God Eaters back in Glasgow talk about their experiences and how it made them feel so he sort of knew what he was getting into.

But ever the optimist, Dennis would make do with taking pride in his new position and situation, he could at least make things easier for the other God Eaters of this new Unit.

Either way he stopped worrying about such things as he stood in the Combat Analysis room with three other new God Eaters and an operator, Hibari, awaiting the arrival of their captain.

Their captain came across as informal, maybe slightly awkward and anti-social as well, giving no time for a response from anyone else in the unit and simply telling them she would be in the lounge if there was anything they had to ask. Then she left as quickly as she had arrived and left them all to their own devices, allowing them to all introduce themselves to one another.

Her speech had done something to add a little extra weight to the armlet clinging to his wrist, though he wouldn't let it put him down much, if at all.

"Dennis Wright, from Glasgow Branch. I used to be a chef and part of a research unit so I'm clued in on abnormal Aragami behaviour and I can make field rations taste a little better. We should probably give the boss some time to warm up to us, not everyone's friendly upon first meeting and some bonds are only formed on the field, with actions instead of words." The Englishman would give a small bow, gesturing for the other three to go on ahead. "I'll be right behind you."

In the lounge, with Summer taking the initiative on introducing herself to Minerva, Dennis took a moment to look around the room first, partially surprised by the capybara and somewhat by the view through the window.

Regardless he moved to introduce himself next, stood behind and leaning on the back of the sofa that Summer was sat on while giving the captain an even smile. "Dennis Wright. Chef, Researcher and now God Eater. I'll do my best to look out for everyone in the field and on base so that you don't have to worry."
Honestly he wasn't quite sure how to approach her yet, but that was the point of giving her time to warm up to them. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long though.

| Minerva O'Connell |
Lounge - Far East Branch
The lounge was quiet, not in the sense of absence of sound but rather relaxing and distant from responsibility. She was never the type to adore comradery beyond the lines, maintaining distance from people meant not getting hurt when inevitable death came. Tsubaki taught her that well, and it was one of the universal truths that drove Minerva's personality. However, it was only solidified after losing her mother, her friendships with the 1st unit struggled after she changed units and in truth she enjoyed going alone. Less people to worry about, less of a chance for people dying that she cared about. Win-win situation she always told herself. Mutsumi brought over the usual without saying anything, just a nod accompanied with the warm smile. Dark liquid swirled around the small glass occupied with two ice cubes as the first member of her team accompanied her, the distant stare from Minerva more than enough to describe her angst about the situation. "Please. Titles are just titles." She hated being called that, her moniker for the work accomplished in the last few years never went unnoticed, thought it did surprise her to the core knowing that even across the vast ocean that her name had spread. "Summer? I like that name, it's nice to meet you." She didn't extend hands or any gesture of introduction, simply sipping the liquor and leaning back into the lounging couch exposing her mid-section; a large scar running across horizontal dissecting her belly button in half. Aside from that blemish Minerva was fair skinned and quite beautiful.

Her fingers ran across the numbed scar, sighing aloof. "If I can ask, what made you want to be a 4th-type?" Her words were cut shot as the second member of the team joined the lounge he was a bit shaken and nervous, but his words spoke true. Minerva smiled, scooting over and giving space for the newcomer to join her and Summer. "It's nice to meet you Dennis, sorry about the informality." She turned her attention to the drink once more finishing it off and looking over to Mutsumi. "Can I get drinks for… my team?" She was unsure of how to address the 4th unit as of yet but time would allow that bond to grow. Hopefully. Mutsumi nodded as the door slid open once more revealing the final two members of the 4th unit. Miyuki held the stern look that was reminiscent of her mother, that stalwart look of strength. Minerva admired that look and tried her best to smile even if the memories the flooded forth were painful and depressing. "Welcome, thanks for joining me, I guess? I'm terrible at this." Mutsumi brought more drinks over, placing the usual in front of Minerva and regular cola for the others. "My uncle always had such a way of making friends with newcomers that I just never understood, I am sure you know what I mean." Violet orbs slid over towards Miyuki with a glazed smile as she referred to Lindow. "I don't know your names aside from the lovely lady Summer and this chef, Dennis so how about this. Everyone go around and give a brief introduction about yourself. Why you're a God Eater, your experiences and… a funny story?" She was losing her nerve and holding it together was growing more difficult by the second.

Had it not been for arms sliding around her shoulders, the familiar scent of the red-headed Kota slipping a wide smile across Minerva's lips. "Aw, c'mon cap'n! You're friendlier than that!" Kota slunk next to Minerva, tossing a glance to Miyuki before turning back to the group. "Kota Fujiki! Captain of the 1st unit, a pleasure to meet so many new God Eaters! Mina over here will love the new company, just let her warm up." He paused for a moment, leaning in an attempting to whisper. "She sure takes after her mother." Minerva shot an evil glance to Kota as he chuckled, carefree and wild as always. "If you don't mind, I'm trying to get to know my team…" She was embarrassed, but certainly and suddenly different. "Sure, sure. I've got some Bugarally to watch anyway. Take it easy killer!" Minerva held her head low for a moment before sighing deep. "Okay, let's start. Who wants to go first."

ckgerp-png.145901

[Miyuki Ishihara]
[Fenrir Far East Branch - Lounge]

After getting herself acquainted with her teammates, Miyuki turned to Hibari and announced that she will be meeting the Captain at the lounge. With a goodbye greet, she turned to the elevator behind her and made her way to the lounge. After Miyuki and Runa arrived at the lounge, Minerva greeted them.

"Welcome, thanks for joining me, I guess? I'm terrible at this."

The blue haired God Eater merely smiled at the Captain as she approached the lounge counter. Both Summer and Dennis were already there. Minerva asked Mutsumi to serve drinks to her subordinates. After she reached the counter, Miyuki greeted Mutsumi and thanked her for the drink.

"My uncle always had such a way of making friends with newcomers that I just never understood, I am sure you know what I mean."

The Captain began to talk to Miyuki when she sat down on one of the stools nearby. At first, she did not know who was Minerva's uncle. After pondering it for a few moment, Miyuki managed to remember who he is, and that is Lindow. With a smile, Minerva continued on.

"I don't know your names aside from the lovely lady Summer and this chef, Dennis so how about this. Everyone go around and give a brief introduction about yourself. Why you're a God Eater, your experiences and… a funny story?"

Miyuki could clearly see the Captain was getting more and more nervous as the time goes by. Then, Kota Fujiki, the head of 1st Unit, appeared alongside with her, trying to lighten up the situation while introducing himself to the blue-haired girl. Miyuki merely smiled at the two as they bantered. After letting out a deep sigh...

"Okay, let's start. Who wants to go first."

The Captain officially began the awkward, but official introduction. Miyuki decided to wait for a while, should the others decide to go ahead first. After a period of silence, the blue haired God Eater thinks it was best for her to start first. She stood up, and stepped away from her seat. Once she was able to see everyone, Miyuki began her official introduction.

"Hello Captain," She bowed. "I'm Miyuki Ishikawa. I used to serve in the Fenrir Far East Branch, under 2nd Unit for nearly a year before I was drafted to Cradle."

Miyuki briefly explained about her past. "Then I remained there until I was tested compatible with the P99 Bias Factor and I ended up here."

"I ended up being a God Eater... due to circumstances." She said with a noticeable pause in between her words. "As for funny stories, I don't think I have one..." The blue haired girl said apologetically.

• Love
Runa Gunvald
Fenrir Far East Branch - Lounge
Runa appreciated Miyuki's help in leading her to the lounge, and the moment she entered, she had the same reaction many did upon first arriving at the Far East. "Wow," she exclaimed, stopped in her tracks so she could take the whole room in. "With all the stories, I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to afford any space for luxury like this. I guess someone really knows how to make the most of their funding."

She wandered around, and air of quiet excitement around her as she examined everything from the pool tables and jukebox to the unusually large capybara to the clearly well-stocked bar and accompanying menu. "Holy crap! You have real food here!?" She continued reading the menu with some interest. "This is gonna be so~ much better than I thought. Uh...not that the typical rations and all are bad."

She eventually settled down with the others in time to join in on the introductions. "You really don't have anything funny," she asked Miuki with some surprise. "Not even some mission going really weird or anything? Uh, I guess I'll go next."

"I'm Runa Gunvald. I'm from out in Scandinavia, and was with a little special projects branch out there. I'm gonna miss the place, but it's a lot more lively here, and it's not like I came here alone, my dad and some of his team are here to monitor our health. Something to do with the new bias factor, I think?"

She paused to think for a moment or two. "I'm not sure why I decided to become a God Eater. But it felt like the right thing, you know? And I'm kind of a natural fit for it, so it beats sitting around at home all day. And Aragami are so cute, it's nice to get to see them up close and stuff. Same story as the rest of you for why I'm here now, I bet. New problem, new solution, part of the second part."

"Experience-wise, well, I've been at it a few years now. Man, I sucked so bad when I was younger, like you wouldn't believe. Anyway, yeah, I'm okay at things. I tend to be more the type to just rush in and not worry too much about the consequences because things tend to work out, or...something? Still get knocked around, but as long as I don't do something like forget to restock on the healing stuff, my team's gotten through fine." She paused again, and added, more quietly. "Hm...probably helped that there weren't many of us so we really got to know how we all worked."

"And, funny story, right? Hm...let's see. We've had a few times where stuff just went perfectly. Or there's all the times one or the other of us got knocked around by stray oracle bullets, but those are pretty normal, aren't they? Hm...maybe the time Alice tried to cook with a God Arc...no... Best I've probably got is this one time, we were all at dinner, and I don't even know how it came up, but something must've set me off, because I just leap to my feet and shout 'How dare you call me childish!' while slamming my hand on the table all dramatic-like. Right into the cake. It got everywhere. ...I kinda stayed the dumb kid for a while longer after that stunt, though."

• Love
5mF6Sce.png

{Summer Price}
Far East Branch - Lounge
Summer smiled once Kota joined, his lively energy warming the air even if the cold-shouldered Minerva quickly shooed him away like a roach beneath the rugs. Miyuki was the first to speak and it was quickly apparent that she seemed by the book, stand-up and sit-down type. The one who would be following the rules and pushing themselves to that limit. The second unit and Cradle? That's impressive. "Nice to meet you Miyuki, Summer Price!" She spoke with a jubilant tone and flashed pearly whites as she flicked her eyes closed. She found it odd that Miyuki seemed so closed off, perhaps it was her history or her past that prevented such conversations from being more personal. Nevertheless, Summer accepted her and smiled. Silver eyes watched the blue-haired female wearing the astounding Cradle jacket for an uncomfortable period before she turned her attention back to the captain speaking in the gap between members. "Your uncle is who now?" She was genuinely curious and the connection between Miyuki… and cradle… and… "WHAT! Your uncle is Lindow! No way! That means…" With another gasp, she grew deathly silent. "I see. I'm sorry." She hung her head, only lifting to watch the younger, more adorable and aloof member speak.

She introduced herself as Runa, Summer smiled giving her the same warm gesture as Miyuki received. "Summer Price, nice to meet you!" She silenced and allowed the rest of Runa's story to come to fruition. Her experience seemed to match the innocent across her face and the funny story certainly drew a hefty smile from Minerva. Summer waited for the other member to speak but decided to go before him, smiling as she stood up. "Summer Price, eighteen years young from the American Alpha Unit. I served as reconnaissance and S&D operations mainly as back-up. I wasn't really trusted because I was the 'kid' like I assume you were treated Runa." With her eyes wandering to Runa, she smiled before turning her eyes back to Minerva. "I've been with Fenrir since '79 so… Going on five years? I can't say that I'm particularly well-known or strong as the rest of you but I promise I will hold my own with the group!" She paused trying to find her reasoning for becoming a God Eater. It was simple. She had to. Well, rather was forced to.

"I became a God Eater, because I wanted to protect my family. Before I found a compatible Arc they died, and I drove myself to vengeance. After nearly dying on a mission I reverted and took an easier route. It was my mother's dying wish to become a God Eater. So I did. For her." Once more a pause before she sat down. "Funny story? Nothing funny happens unless it's me tripping or being clumsy. I guess I could tell the story of my skirt ripping off in the middle of battle but I doubt you want to hear that." The solemn expression was enough to shatter the happy face, she remained to herself for the rest of the meeting.

Dennis politely sat in the seat Minerva offered him, it would be rude not to after all. "Informality is just fine for me, it makes it easier to get a better impression of who people are when they're not having to act out of character." He optimistically chimed before the other two of the unit joined them, taking note of the captain's rather unsure way of easing any nerves by suggesting a "funny" story that anyone may have whilst making their introductions for what felt like a third time, a second time with everyone present at least.

He patiently listened to each of them as they explained small parts of who they were, what walk of life they originated from, motivations... Whatever they felt like saying, to be simple about it. Miyuki seemed to be the quieter of the bunch, though neither her or Summer seemed to have any funny stories of their own once they got their introductions out of the way.

"Well then, seeing as it's my turn I'd best get cracking."

With a smooth motion he was up on his feet and giving a calm smile to everyone present. "Dennis Wright, from the Glasgow Branch. I was a chef for about three years, I tended to get chatty with the God Eaters of the Branch so I've got some off-hand experience with Aragami but not much experience in combatting them personally yet, only advice from my friends back home. But I do know what I'm doing out in the field as I was part of a Research Unit for even longer than I was part of the kitchen staff." He began, giving mere seconds for them to take in that information before he continued.

"Very recently I actually received my God Arc, so I've still got to get used to that as well, but consider me a... Wall, I guess, to put between you guys and the Aragami outside.

Now, it's not a personal story, it's one from the Glasgow Branch's God Eaters, but a member of one of our units tended to boast about how he could handle any aragami without breaking a sweat, so their unit planned to put the claim to the test by tracking down a Vajra for him to handle on his own. He didn't know they were going to do it, so the moment he turned to them to say "Leave this to me", he saw that they'd already gotten to a safe distance and had snacks for the show in-hand. Apparently that was the fastest they'd ever seen him run since he became a God Eater. Of course they did kill it before it could do any damage, but he was much more humble after that."

"And... As for why I became a 4th-Generation God Eater? It seemed appropriate seeing as I was incompatible with any of the other known Bias Factors that work. If there's something you can do to help then there's no harm in doing it, right?" That was probably the most vague thing to say, but it was true enough. He didn't have any underlying motives for becoming a God Eater, after all, he just did it because it would help.

03S3W4T.png

| Minerva O'Connell |
Far East Branch - Lounge
She listened to the stories of her comrades attempting to keep straight eyes on them out of respect. Her initial impression of the group was roughly similar to the first time she met the 1st unit, her ability to maintain composure under stress was admirable but the meeting was a bit too much for the first time. This is exactly why I didn't take that promotion. Words she spoken within several times wondering how anyone lived up to so much pressure at once. Not only did they have to fight Aragami, Psions and mist-borne monsters Minerva was now responsible of a team of the most valuable God Eaters Fenrir had to offer. They were precious cargo that Minvera was supposed to watch and nurture but they were all roughly her age. Her eyes settled on Miyuki watching her speak very strictly and keeping everything short. Minerva was quick to notice a lot of tednencies within the blue-haired female that she shared within as well. They were alike. She smiled and let the rest of the group go, Summer was bouncy and hyper ending with solemn sadness and apologies. "It's okay, my mother was an amazing person and spent her life doing what she believed to be right." The smile was meager and weak but words were settled into silence.

Runa was the next to bring her points, the childish ways of her posture giving a clue on how she'd be within battle and even the story she gave confirmed this. Never judge a book by its cover. Minerva did her best to not judge but underlying worries still rested beneath the surface. Dennis was next and his inexperience seemed to show as well, even if his personality and posture gave off a cool and calm vibe. Perhaps it was best to see each of them in action. Yes. Minerva stood with a strict smile across her face. "Thank you for your time, I'd like to move onto something more physical. I know you're all accomplished in your own rights but I want to see firsthand how good you are and what you're capable of in the training simulation." Minerva invited her team to follow, leading the group out of the lounger and into the elevator. "Maybe you've all been through this before but the Mist Simulation is rather new and pretty close to what you'll be fighting on the outside. Of course it's controlled and you can't die but other than that treat it like you would in the field."

| Minerva O'Connell |
Far East Branch - Combat Simulation Room

"I will go first just to prove a point I guess." She turned towards the door and exited, her God Arc waiting like a restless animal waiting to be unleashed. The peerless white and purple blade shimmering off the light being grasped tightly in her hands. "Level ten director." The old man didn't bother to argue with the stubborn female as he turned the simulation on and the room drug into a thick mist. Level ten had been the final test before heading into the field but it was still incredibly tough. A Vajra slammed into the ground appearing from thin air. The beast launched a vicious attack of his paws, slamming into the shield of Minerva as she spun around with purple energy trailing her God Arc. The Final Vengeance slammed into the beast sending it prone. She jumped in the air with vicious aggression charging her blade with a Skull Crusher and finishing the beast with deadly precision. It wasn't over as two more Vajra appeared and begun combat with the red-head. Two perfect guards led into a C.C. Finisher and ended one of the beasts and leaving another. With a swipe of its claws colliding with her body she slid across the ground using the momentum to land against the wall and burst forward smacking the beasts jaw clean off.

Minerva tumbled hitting the ground with an audible grunt, flipping several times before sliding to her feet and sighing. Awful she told herself and gave the thumbs up to Sakaki to end the simulation. She re-entered the room with a frown. "I know it looks easy but mist-borne are dangerous." She knew she didn't do the best she could, maybe she held back to inspire the others or the nerves of leading a unit were just that strong. At any rate she rubbed her neck with a sigh. "Who would like to go first?"

Last edited by a moderator:
ckgerp-png.145901

[Miyuki Ishihara]
[Fenrir Far East Branch - Combat Simulation Room]

Once everyone has introduced themselves, the Captain decided it was time to test out their mettle as a God Eater through the recently-developed Mist Simulation. Miyuki began to tense up as she followed Minerva to the elevator. Her amber eyes glanced at her new team members, wondering how would they fare during the simulation. Miyuki felt that she barely survived during her time in Cradle. It has been rumored that the Mist Aragami are stronger and smarter than their normal counterparts, bringing a chill to her spine as the elevator made its way to its intended destination.

The blue-haired God Eater mostly kept herself quiet when everyone arrived at the Combat Simulation Room. With a few words to her subordinates, the Captain went straight into the combat room and began the simulation. As mists fill the room, a Vajra appeared straight from thin air, landing in front of Minerva. Miyuki merely looked at the Captain with awe as she dealt with the Vajra effortlessly. But it was far from over as two more Vajra appeared in lieu of the last one.

The battle raged on for a few moment before the Captain called off the simulation. As she rejoined with her subordinates, Minerva said that Mist Aragami looked simple at a glance, but inherently dangerous with a frown. She then rubbed her neck with sigh, asking the newbies who would like to test out the Mist Simulation first. Miyuki's stoic impression was long gone by then. She began looking at her teammates subtly, hoping that they would go first.

As the silence dragged on however, it was obvious that someone has to stand out first. The blue-haired God Eater felt the inevitable pinch. Thus so, she stepped forward...

"I..." Miyuki spoke with an obvious hint of nervousness. "I'll go first."

Even with her own God Arc in hand, it did little to bolster her resolve. Miyuki slowly walked towards the simulation chamber, trying her best to keep her anxiety in check. After all, this will be her first exposure towards the Mist Aragami. The bulkhead behind her was tightly shut. With deep breaths, Miyuki tries to keep herself composed. As the mist began to appear, she remembered back her past experiences and the things that she was taught during the Aspirants program. Soon, a Chi-You appeared within the mist, landing in front of Miyuki with a loud thud. The God Eater gripped her God Arc, and immediately entered into a battle stance.

The Chi-You charged towards Miyuki, attempting to attack her. With a side step, she managed to dodge the Aragami's attack. She also managed to swing her Charge Spear towards the Aragami for a counterattack, but the blow struck its wings, causing little damage as its wings are resilient towards melee damage. The grey-ish Chi You charged an explosive projectile attack, and flung it towards Miyuki. At first, the God Eater was going to evade it but the projectile was too fast for her. She cleanly blocked the attack with her shield.

However, something unexpected happened. Once Miyuki managed to recover from the previous attack, the Chi You already flanked her. The Mist Aragami used its sturdy wings and struck Miyuki, sending her flying towards the nearest wall. The simulation promptly ended afterwards.

The Chi-You was too fast for Miyuki to deal with.

The blue-haired God Eater slowly got up to her feet, reeling from that last powerful blow. It was a simulation, but it still hurt nonetheless. She could died there and then if that were to happen to her in actual combat.

"I'm..." Miyuki spoke in a low tone, barely carrying her God Arc as she headed towards the Captain and the others. "I'm sorry. I guess I'm still too weak for deployment."

• Love
Watching both the captain and soon after Miyuki fighting varying foes was interesting, it was starting to give Dennis a good idea on what he could actually do for at least some of the team now, he'd have to check what the others were capable of before he could be certain of anything though.

Miyuki's failure was unexpected, she was previously part of Cradle, so it was wishful thinking that she'd be able to handle herself quite well even against Mist Aragami. But that was where the assumption should've been shot down from the start, apparently these aragami were different after all. As she voiced her concerns about being too weak for deployment Dennis slowly shook his head. "Not at all, there wouldn't be any point in being a team if we could handle these new aragami one on one." He chimed before he stepped up to the metaphorical plate, God Arc at the ready. "I'll go next."

The simulation began once again as the blonde waited a matter of seconds to get a good look at the lone Yaksha that stepped out of the mist, once his target was set he charged into battle, just about flipping over a shot from the aragami's cannon and landing with his shield deployed to block and subsequently divert the Yaksha's follow-up shoulder charge. It didn't take long to recover for either side of the conflict, Dennis charge gliding in for a surprisingly lacking strike to it's torso, he'd hit it for sure and it had looked like it was a heavy hit, but the resultant damage left behind left much to be desired.
Again the Yaksha struck out against Dennis, who had now taken up a full-defensive by tanking every shot and swipe from the Yaksha with his tower shield, steadily pushing forwards closer to the aragami until it stopped shooting. As it did he made the rookie mistake of dropping his guard and going on the offensive, but instead he found himself being hurled across the room by a side-swipe from it's cannon-wielding arm.

The landing was as smooth as one could make it when you're uncontrollably flying through the air, meaning he tumbled and found himself on his feet rather quickly as he used his Arc to steady himself and shook off the rather lacking damage he had sustained, which was remarkable considering how the hit looked for the spectators. "Let's try that again..." He mumbled, switching to his own cannon and firing a few explosive blasts that were evaded by the advancing Aragami. And as soon as it was in close he switched back to his spear and lunged in to strike it where he'd hit it moments ago, making a larger wound this time, but still nothing phenomenal or promising as he rolled underneath it and deployed his shield once more.

A couple of minutes of this exchange went by, the young man being tossed around the room occasionally, he near always seemed to be mostly unscathed, yet so did the Aragami. The damage dealt between each of them told more of a tale of endurance than one of a single decisive strike. Before the battle could continue the simulation was shut down and the aragami recceded into the mist with Dennis leaving the room to greet the rest of the team.

"I'm more useful in a team than going it solo as well, honestly. During my initial simulations when I was confirmed as compatible with this Bias Factor I couldn't do a lot of damage myself, not matter the technique applied to it, they guessed it might be a mutation or something like that. I'm better at blocking anyway." It felt apt to explain why the fight took as long as it had, just so the others would know for future purposes.

• Love
Runa Gunvald
The Captain and two of her team members had already given some impressive showings. Minerva in particular, soloing not one, but three Vajras. Miyuki did...far less than Runa would have expected. "Hey, don't sell yourself short or anything," she said to Miyuki. "Those guys are real pains in the ass." A Chi-You was nothing short of quick and annoying at the best of times, in her general experience.

"Dude, that was awesome," she responded well to Dennis' performance. "I didn't think I'd run into someone else that tough. I thought you would've gone down a few times during that fight."

"Guess it's my turn, now." She collected her God Arc and skipped on into the simulation room proper.

"Hey, could I get a Gboro-gboro, please? Those guys are pretty fun to bully."

The mist rolled in as a simulation again began to run, and the fish-like aragami waddled its way into view. Runa didn't waste much time before rushing in, transforming her God Arc to its shotgun mode as she did. once she was right in front of the aragami, Runa opened fire, pumping her entire oracle reserve's worth of round right into its face. The Gboro-Gboro's flailing in retaliation easily sent the young God Eater flying, however.

Not one to stay down, Runa was back on her feet just in time to dodge a barrage of projectiles from the Aragami. She was almost caught in the blast anyway, avoiding it more by luck than actual grace. She charged in to unleash a melee assault, and easily got too into it to avoid the next attack thrown her way. She at least kept to the sides and focused on attacks from angles that were effective, but ti was clear she relied more on zeal than actual skill in a fight.

As the fight wore on, Runa's shortcomings were obvious enough. She didn't bother much with defense, and seemed blissfully unaware of all but the most obvious tells as she focused on relentlessly attacking at any opportunity. Despite the beating she took as good as she got, the girl didn't slow down or drop. She did win eventually, after a few minutes of running around, being knocked away like a ragdoll, and rushing back in.

Upon exiting the simulation, Runa was still in high spirits. "Did you see the part where it practically had me in its mouth? That was close."

• Love
5mF6Sce.png

{Summer Price}

Minerva moved through the simulation like butter, her namesake certainly holding up with the performance displayed. Summer found herself almost bubbling with joy as their captain entered the room following her humble-brag. "That was incredible!" She exclaimed and wanted to volunteer but Miyuki was slow to the draw, and in all honesty Summer was curious what the former cradle member was capable of. "You can do it Miyuki! Give em' hell!" It was soon clear that Summer would be the cheerleader and source of jubilance within the group, possibly only matched by the equally childish Runa. Miyuki was quick in her movements and calculated but there was an element missing, something off as the simulation came to an end. Blue-hair swished against the wind as she entered the room and gave a quick condolence. "Don't be too hard on yourself, these things are another level of dangerous. You did well. I was impressed." Summer was quick to be on the draw for the next spot, but Dennis snatched it up during her comments to the downed Miyuki. She sat back with a huff and watched the former chef battle it out against Yaksha. His strikes were like noodles, that was apparent very quickly, but his endurance stood out as well. Being smacked and tossed around, Dennis never seemed too scathed even as the simulation came to an end.

"You did well, you're sturdy as hell!" Summer watched Dennis pass by and decided to give Runa the spotlight and save, hopefully, the best for last. Runa was like Dennis but entirely different in the same light. Her defense was, well totally nonexistent. However, Runa was sturdy as a rock and her zeal was unmatched even by Summer's standards. She was aggressive and attack-hearty. Once her simulation came to an end Summer didn't bother wasting time grabbing her scythe and heading into the combat room. There were nerves, that feeling of sickness bubbling in her stomach as grey eyes peered at the snow-white armlet around her wrist. The constant reminder of her creed and ambition to fight the plague of Aragami.

The mist rolled in, ominous and silent just as it had done for the others who partook in the even before she had. The Kongo rolled in suddenly attempting a sneak attack, but Summer's demeanor shifted far before the attack. Narrow eyes the spin and counter-slash gouging the beast's back deep and stern. She stepped back spinning the scythe around her hands several times, displaying masterful movement with the pole-arm weapon. The ape-like creature swung forth with wide arcing hands catching Summer off guard and sending the petite frame flying through the air like a missile. She collided with the wall and spilled blood from her lips spattered across the ground. She stood with a crack in her neck and spit to the side. The Kongo shot several high-pressured beams of air in her direction, each of which had been ducked and dodged effortlessly. She snuck in with a flying roll, spinning feverously through the air and slicing across the Kongo several times, but she was stopped suddenly. Tight hands gripped around the frame of Summer and the simulation was cut short. I was doing so well though… Summer hit the ground with a bellowed scream of frustration and anger, pain as well. She entered the room with a hung head and sighed. "Sorry, I'm usually better." There was nothing else to say.

• Love