Goblins, and Ghosts, and Magical Feasts Anyone?

Where did the sorting hat place you?

• Gryffindor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hufflepuff

• Slytherin

• Ravenclaw

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ophelia

Original poster
Hi all, it's Ophelia. I know, I've been gone for something like a year, not cool. But 2 peri-tonsilar abscesses, 8 months of illness, 1 horrible relationship, and another 8 months of getting my shit together later, I am back.

So let's get down to business. I have been having some mad Harry Potter nostalgia lately and having exhausted my supply of Pottermore entertainment something else just needs to be done about it.

I have an idea for a HP RP, something of a "Next Generation" type of deal taking place 20 years after the Battle of Hogwarts. Characters could be the children of canon Harry Potter characters (actual canon kids like Albus Severus, etc. may or may not be in this RP depending on interest) or come from original families not mentioned in the books. Players would also be encouraged to create new professors, groundskeepers, etc. to make up the staff of modern-day Hogwarts.

As for the central story conflict, I haven't settled on that yet and perhaps you all can help. Perhaps a cult of Voldemort fanatics and conspiracy theorists who believe the Dark Lord wasn't as "dark" as the adults claim. Or a reluctant Prof. of Defense Against the Dark Arts fails to teach his/her students and necessitates a secret club ala the one created in Order of the Phoenix. Or students afflicted with vampirism or lycanthropy begin being openly accepted to Hogwarts in spite of much controversy. Just some randoms ideas. I really don't know. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.