Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detroit, Michigan

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S TIME

TO D-D-D-D, D-D-D-DU-uhm... I mean yeah I'm ready when you guys are.

Heck yea im ready

i can post till late saturday, because then i go back to my moms and have no wifi

This is probably stupid, but what state/city are we starting in?

This is probably stupid, but what state/city are we starting in?
I was trying to figure it out myself and never did quite decide on it, but I was thinking in New York? I was thinking in the more rural parts; out in a more countryside-like place there, so maybe Cooperstown?

Side note; I don't know New York too well since I live pretty far from the state, but my dad lived there so I know a bit. So sorry if I get things mixed up. X_X
Also, it's not stupid at all!!

it would be cool to have it in detroit or somewhere in canada like toronto or something

that would be a great idea and try to have everyone connect with the place or which one is their favorite
Maybe! We'd have to figure this out. Maybe I'll make a poll for it?

that would be a great idea and try to have everyone connect with the place or which one is their favorite
Yep!

Before I set up polls, does anybody else have any other city ideas? Somewhere within the United States or Canada only, please.

If a place in Canada is chosen, I suppose the characters could have ventured into Canada to check if they had gotten hit by the virus as badly as in the US since it had started to show up there before the apocalypse truly began.

I don't mind. I've never been anywhere but Louisiana, so I'm not familiar with anyother place. New York sounds good with me; It's a popular place for RP's.

Pittsburgh!
Though... I'm only suggesting that because I live near there... and as such it was the first place that popped into my mind. :P

I've been to both New York and Detroit however, so either works with me.

To be honest, the setting of an RP doesn't really concern me. That is, as long as the GM isn't super strict about being true to the setting. (If so, it gets hard, especially if you've never been there.)

Pittsburgh!
Though... I'm only suggesting that because I live near there... and as such it was the first place that popped into my mind. :P

I've been to both New York and Detroit however, so either works with me.

To be honest, the setting of an RP doesn't really concern me. That is, as long as the GM isn't super strict about being true to the setting. (If so, it gets hard, especially if you've never been there.)
I've never been to many places outside of Florida (Never been to any of the places mentioned so far) so I'm not gonna be all that strict on sticking true to the setting, though I do expect people to atleast try a tiny bit to stay relevant to the area. (Mainly because there are things that you wouldn't find in a country setting that are in a more city-like setting, and vice versa.)

I've never been to many places outside of Florida (Never been to any of the places mentioned so far) so I'm not gonna be all that strict on sticking true to the setting, though I do expect people to atleast try a tiny bit to stay relevant to the area. (Mainly because there are things that you wouldn't find in a country setting that are in a more city-like setting, and vice versa.)
I see. I live within about a half an hour of Pittsburgh (which is immediately apparent when you hear me speak, unfortunately xD). I've also been to Florida (DISNEY WORLD), Colorado (we have family there), as well as Virginia, New York, and Detroit. The last three are mainly because they're close.

New York was great. We stayed in an apartment in Queens, and I would have been perfectly happy living there.

And that's good, that you're not overly strict. You didn't seem like you'd be. I understand people trying to stay relevant though. That's not difficult, and makes perfect sense to do. It gets pretty annoying when people start trying to throw in tall buildings into a country setting, and little farmhouses in the middle of a city. xD

When you come across GMs who expects you to know street and neighborhood names, as well as actual businesses... well... then it gets a little frustrating though. As much as i'd like to be realistic, unless the RP is set in my own county I'm not going to be able to stick to such high expectations without a reasonable amount of research. It just makes things stressful.

I see. I live within about a half an hour of Pittsburgh (which is immediately apparent when you hear me speak, unfortunately xD). I've also been to Florida (DISNEY WORLD), Colorado (we have family there), as well as Virginia, New York, and Detroit. The last three are mainly because they're close.

New York was great. We stayed in an apartment in Queens, and I would have been perfectly happy living there.

And that's good, that you're not overly strict. You didn't seem like you'd be. I understand people trying to stay relevant though. That's not difficult, and makes perfect sense to do. It gets pretty annoying when people start trying to throw in tall buildings into a country setting, and little farmhouses in the middle of a city. xD

When you come across GMs who expects you to know street and neighborhood names, as well as actual businesses... well... then it gets a little frustrating though. As much as i'd like to be realistic, unless the RP is set in my own county I'm not going to be able to stick to such high expectations without a reasonable amount of research. It just makes things stressful.

Ah, that's cool.

And yeah, true, it doesn't take that much effort to atleast realize that a huge, fancy building probably wouldn't be built on farmland.

And that's also annoying! I tend to do some research into the area if it's given so I can name a few places, but I don't expect others to be extremely specific and put street names and whatever. It can be aggravating when you're forced to do so.

Poll is up, I'd appreciate it everybody casted a vote!

I don't live anywhere near any of these places.

Oh well.

I don't live anywhere near any of these places.

Oh well.
Neither; I'm from the U.K.

I voted for New York because I went there on holiday once; pretty cool place, wouldn't mind running for my life from zeds there.

Status
Not open for further replies.