Glowing Tree (The Roleplay!)

Okay, I hijacked Annalaey. D: If Asmo will hijack Rovan, since Peter had to drop out, that'll give Darius the extra help he needs.

And Grumpy can kill Knut. >:D When you guys (er... guy!) make it out of the water with the stone, that will (should?!) stop the undead hoard's curse. So everyone else can killify some undead until Grumpy posts! XD

Character Name:
Cyrus Godfrey

Race:
He calls himself a "Stone Man" because of his curse. While still a human, he's also a Gargoyle.

Job/Role:
Arcane Warrior

Current Goal/Purpose:
He's set a goal to find a way to remove his curse, but above all, he just wants to fight for what's dear and what's right. Cyrus will gladly trade his wish to return to normal in order to wish for peace.

General Appearance:
Cyrus is an intimidating figure with handsome characteristics few care to note. The look in his eyes is demonic, with a stare that would make someone shudder. Even his smile appears beastly; his teeth are fairly sharp. His dark brown hair is very long, sometimes fashioned into a low hanging ponytail. The first things people seem to notice, though, are his horns and devilish looking wings. For clothing, he normally wears simple linens with dark hues. Never is he without a few pieces of armour for protection, though. He no longer wears a full suit because of how it inconveniences him at night.

General Personality:
Past misfortune has made Cyrus melancholy, his face usually stoic so he can hide his sorrow. He doesn't allow that to dominate all feelings, though. In the presence of others, assuming he trusts them, he'll smile and make lively conversation. He's elated by the simplest gestures of kindness since he's usually avoided. In combat, he abandons all emotion so killing is easier to cope with. However, in the case of nuisances like goblins or zombies, he seems to have fun killing them off. He'll even talk and laugh about the times he's slayed them.

Weapon(s):
Cyrus carries a broadsword and a round metal shield with similar design and colour. This shield is often used for defense, but can also be a deadly weapon, such as for throwing at his foes.

Magic:
Magic is possible with the use of a magic stone that's been in his family for a very long time. Shards of this stone were crafted into a pendant he wears, as well as the gauntlets he wears. His mana is channeled into these special items so he may cast any element he wishes. Cyrus' spells of choice are fire sorts

Flames tangle around his sword in battle so when he strikes an enemy, he can also deliver a nasty burn. The same effects come with his punches and kicks. This magic can be applied to any weapon he touches, including an ally's if they so desire it.

Strengths:
Cyrus is a skilled swordsman. He trusts his life to his blade and directs that trust for it to protect others as well. He can also take quite a bit of punishment. This is the type of person you'd ask to lead a party so he can take the damage; so he can "tank". This is especially useful during the night when his skin is made of stone.

Weaknesses:
The weight of his bulk and armour causes him to slow down, so he does not run very quickly; especially at night. Also, although he himself is a magic user, magic can be a downfall. Cyrus has no special protection against magic; his armour is quite ordinary. And, up against cavalry fighters, he'll require some ranged backup. Even a stone man cannot stand up against a horse.

About the Curse:
Cyrus had a confrontation with a vile witch he was set on a quest to slay. While successful in the end, there were unfortunate results. She put a spell on him that would stick to him for life. Horns and wings protruded from his body, his teeth sharpened and his eyes took on a different stare. Moments later, beneath the moonlight, he sat there as a hunched monster made of stone; a gargoyle. By day, he is a demonic looking man. By night, he is a stone skinned predator. During the full moons, he's forced to sit still in one place until daylight.

General History:
Once upon a time, Cyrus was a prince destined to rule in his father's place. When all of his training was completed, he was given the responsibility of leading troops into war. He was also sent on dangerous missions, sometimes alone, to acquire valuables or soundlessly eliminate a threat. The King knew no one more suited for such difficult quests.

Life changed dramatically, though. Cyrus and a pair of his best men were sent to slay an evil witch that once threatened to lay a curse on the kingdom. They successfully discovered her lair, but she effortlessly slaughtered the men accompanying Cyrus. That left him to fight the magical woman alone. The battle was as long and difficult as it was painful. Cyrus became the victor in the end, though. When his flaming blade pierced her, he immobilized her. That allowed him to make the finishing strike.

With her last breaths, the witch chanted a curse. A curse that changed Cyrus forever. After she died, he underwent a terrible transformation. A transformation that got him banished, because the King and his people were paranoid about Cyrus being so influenced by the curse, that he'd go on a killing rampage.

Since the day of his exile, he's just been an aimless wanderer.

Okay! I have ended Chapter 2 and started Chapter 3! :D

In this chapter, only the non human characters can go in to this cave. So all of you non humans must be the ones to go in there, find whereever the water vials are, try not to get killed by what's inside there. You guys get to choose how it all happens, so long as you make it back out alive with the water. >:3

...except the poor dragon Rethil. ;__; He will die this chapter.

The rest of us will be outside guarding and being human. D:

RACISM RACISM RACISM.

Expect John to make more of a fuss about the 'non-humans' going into the cave on their own. Because PARTY DILEMMA is always good in helping to make a scene a bit more dramatic.

BAM character development. And for once I have a pretty good idea where I'm going with this.

...Provided Jair survives.

Finally! a half decent post from me for Lahras! Looks like Lahras went off on his own investigation!

I hope my post was okay~ I just kind of responded to Alla's notice of the noise... >.<

*Waves her posty flags!*

By the way, feel free to Hijack and auto Annalaey and Rethil to help direct action and stuff. D:

I figured that since Lahras didn't enter to steal the water, it did not matter... :(

Maybe if he can talk to one of the spirits, the spirit can stop the bad mojo before anyone but Annelaey and Rethil die?

That'd work nicely, I think. Again gives this idea of Lahras being this weird, mystic type.

All we need in this chapter is Rethil dying, But yes, that is an excellente idea! >:D

**Throws Rethil at the giants as a distraction and runs away**
No, but really, I'll try to work him dying into one of my posts and maybe I'll snack on Annelaey to regain my strength or something. :3

No, no, don't snack on Annalaey! XD We're going to kill her in the chapter after with kill poor Rovan. >:D I need her for a plot bunny.

Kill everyone. Now.

*reads the IC*

Whut?

IN CASE PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED: *Glare at Asmo*

Lahras snuck in the caves. And he took a step through an archway of old ruins and triggered OMG BAD WIND and stirred up blinding dusty-stuff. Zahra, Darius, John and Rovan are there with him. Creative freedom with what's going on there. :D

Alla's group stared at the Stone Giants in the cavern until "SOMETHING" drew them away (lahras group). Lirin the cat found the blue vials. Annalaey ran in like a dummy, and now Spectral Beasts (the things Zahra told you were in the caves) are attacking. SAVE YOURSELVES.

Rethil is MISSING from the group and so far Annalaey has been the only one to notice/say anything.

NOW is safe for postings? D:<

No.

Are the Stone Giants going to attack us? Is it a "Raaagh! Taste my steel, Stoner-face!" moment or a "Run from the Cave Troll!" moment.