Glowing Tree (The Roleplay!)

Thumbs up Harm! You can post anytime. :D

dragonkin01.jpg

Name: Alla Jéjé
Race: Dragonkin
Personality: Though adorable in mannerisms, Alla hides a dark heart and very few scruples. She is often heartless and logical, doing very little that is not for her own benefit in some way. Morals seem to have forsaken her and she views the fleeting lives of humans and animals with a morbid curiosity. Make no mistake, she enjoys watching things die.
Biography: Raised in the sweltering heat of the chain of volcanoes that rose from the sea during the Ice Age and houses the dragonkin, Alla grew bored of her time with the others of her kind and traveled further south for no reason besides entertainment. The blistering heat of her land has marked her with her dusty brown complexion and the secretive people of her kind seldom reveal their origin for fear of humans disrupting their hatchlings and the education in instinct and cruelty given to them.

Her skills might be great, she considers, if her kind had not been restricted by the current time. She can feel the potential but at best, she can light a candle with the flame she can belch and she is capable of achieving a few feet above the ground.

Let's see here..horse, cat, rabbit, flying lizard...I think you need a wolf to round this out properly.

<b>Character Name:</b> Jair (no family name)
<b>Gender:</b> Female
<b>Job/Role:</b> May serve well as a close-combat fighter, excellently as a scout; even has a fairly reliable way of spying on potential enemies from the inside.
<b>Age:</b> Half a century or so; looks younger
<b>Race:</b> A kind that refuses to name itself, known by some as the "wolf gods", though the amount of power they have is not near enough to warrant such a title. They are descended from druids who gave themselves entirely to nature, willing to sacrifice even their humanity for its sake.

<b>General Appearance:</b> Able to take any of three appearances: Human, a young-seeming woman wearing clothes that seem entirely made of wolf's pelts; one best described as werewolf for the fur, fangs and claws, though it is no greater in stature than the human form; and fully that of a wolf. In all forms, her fur has a pattern fairly typical for a timber wolf, Her humanoid forms are fairly short with a petite sort of athletic build; it would be a stretch to call her any sort of beauty, but she isn't exactly ugly either.
<b>Current Goal/Purpose:</b> To restore the world and nature to a more stable state of balance, and eliminate the unnatural monsters that roam the land. Hopes to help raise society back onto off its knees, back onto its own two feet. Humanoids are also a part of nature, after all.
<b>General Personality:</b> Comes off as a bit cold and serious most of the time, and rarely smiles. When she does use humor, it's usually the kind of dry sarcasm that can be mistaken for seriousness by anyone who's not paying careful attention. Speaks exactly as many words as she feels are necessary, and no more than that. Brutally honest and expects others to be the same; she isn't a fool and can see through obvious deceptions, but if she discovers someone has been successfully lying to her, she is unlikely to ever forget it. Honest respect for nature will visibly please her; she has no tolerance for unnecessary abuses of it (for example: hunting for food is okay; hunting for sport is not). Much of her apparent personality seems contradicted when she is persuading an animal to do something for her; she puts forth an air of extreme amiability, smiling and laughing, and will even talk at length to an especially stubborn one that she truly needs the help of. It's not even clear to her whether this is a front she puts up to be more persuasive or whether she is simply more comfortable talking to creatures than to people; it's probably a little of both.

<b>Abilities/Powers:</b> Jair's people share a few abilities in common, and she is no exception. In addition to the shapeshifting mentioned above, she is in tune with nature and can speak with most kinds of normal animals. It is possible for her to persuade them to help in exchange for rewards they value. However, she is most persuasive to the different sorts of canines: dogs, wolves, coyotes and the like look to her kind as the alphas over all others who would claim the title. She is also able to go into a temporary, trance-like state that leaves her body sitting helpless, but gives her control over the body and senses of a canine who consents to help her in this manner. Jair is not super-strong, but she is certainly stronger and more resilient than she looks; she fights the way animals do: Dirty, efficient, anything that works, goes. She knows of many kinds of plants and how to use some for medicinal purposes; these passed-down remedies are hardly useful in the middle of a battle, but may save a person's life afterward.

<b>General History:</b> Despite their apparent affinity to pack animals, Jair's people are extremely sparse and don't usually travel together. Hence, the only others of her kind she has ever known were her parents. They taught her many of the beliefs she now holds, as well as the plant lore and how to persuade different kinds of animals. She was also taught as much of Feldagard's history as was preserved through oral historians of her kind, certainly enough to know the world was once better. When she was old and knowledgeable enough to be considered an adult, she left with their blessing and sought out ways to improve the state of the world. That's why she's joined the group.

Let me know if there's any failures in there.

Yay for Xin and Kitti!

....I am now closing apps on FEMALE characters, cause any more and we'll have way too many boobies. o____o;

You can never have too many boobies...

So who's up for romancing a daft 15 year old? Any unscrupulous Pedophiles? No-one?

:P I think romance is going to be difficult with this diverse of a cast.

Any women out there with a "captured/ravaged by dragon" fetish? :p Didn't exactly make Rethil to be "male romantic lead", either.

Finding romantic subplots might be a little difficult, but I'm sure it can be accomplished. >:D

hey Frost! When your character said "Or have some power, deep within them" Were you referring to Lahras? And if so, how would you know about Lahras?

Because generally speaking, Lahras is being pretty useless himself, so far XD

He was actually referring to the more-useful-than-Rethil spellcasters. He has no idea about Lahras, though I can see how that would be misconstrued.

Yeah I was just asking to make sure. Thank you for clearing that up. ^_^

FIRST: On Friday I'll start chapter 2 and our first real adventure. :D So everyone has until then to show off character personality, how they interact with others, or set the stage for some future thiiing.

And speaking of which: For anyone I haven't asked yet.... Do YOU have any special scene or "I REALLY want ___ to happen with my character" requests? So that I might add it to my chapter plans. >:3

I don't have any specific ideas yet but if I do i'll share them here first

Character Name: Knut Sturluson
Job/Role: Skald http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skald
Race: Human

General Appearance:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs44/i/2009/075/9/5/Ohm_Follker_by_ReedCopperstrand.jpg
Current Goal/Purpose: To portray the journey into an epic story and make it back to present it to the citizens of Feldagard.
General Personality: Knut is somewhat of an easy-going person. Eager to learn from others and share what he know that may be of use to them in return. He likes to talk and meet new people. Ever since his life changed that one special day he's kept a positive mind about the world of today. Knut will often smile at bypassers for no apparent reason, staying happy and excited at the smaller things keeps him going.

Abilities/Powers: Prior to being tasked with his mission he recieved training in how to carry a long-sword properly into conflict. While no master to the art of war, Knut can now be considered a useful tool to what danger may come in their way.

General History: Knut was sold by his family at a young age to work as a servant for one of Feldagard's more respected Kings. Not knowing much else, he did what he was told to do and got through a wide specter of different chores, learning a thing or two about doing handywork.

One day while working in the fields plowing disaster almost struck as a horse ran wild, aiming for the king. Somehow, heroicly most would argue, luckily, would Knut say, he managed to get on the saddle-less horse and control it away from it's target, probably saving the king's life in the proccess.

After that day, almost fifteen years ago from now, his life was changed. The king let him go of his servant-duties and asked him what he could do to pay him in return.

Knut told the king he wanted to become a skald in his service. Surprising the king and his men who most likely believed him to demand to become a knight or get a big farm in exchange for his bravery.

Instead, the boy wanted to go into a field of something he had very little theoretic experience with, writing reports of what was going on in the big world and make reality become epics for the people to read as entertainment. Knut spent the next couple of years learning how to read and write from a scholar. After that he was quickly given tasks to fullfill for his master. And with experience his tasks grew in importance and difficulty, making him a reliable representative for his king.

Now Sturluson has been assigned by a coalition of several kings to follow Zahra's fellowship in their quest to find Yggdrasil, the 'Tree of Life'. As of now, he's been asked to follow her commands.

Attachments

• Ohm_Follker_by_ReedCopperstrand.jpg
    Ohm_Follker_by_ReedCopperstrand.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 2
Lolol, Hi guys! I'm Kunt!

Sorry, just too funny.

Yeah, I lol'd.

Also, Myrn? John doesn't actually have a fucking clue what Lahras means by 'sing'; he's kinda just made an assumption and is going with it. JOHN OF RAVENS STYLE.

OMG I AM SO SORRY TROSTY!!! >.< *hangs her head in shame* I totally wasn't paying any attention when I posted! I just fixed it now.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND MY FOOLISH WAYS~~~