S

Shamrock

Original poster
WELCOME TO:
GLiTCH REMIX
Dude...%2B2.jpg

Remix by: MelodiousLime
Based on: GLiTCH by Ordered_Chaos

Good Afternoon Everyone! I am pleased that you want to contribute to Project: GLiTCH. A Project which will change the eyes of Millions of People about Electronics such as the Computer & the Laptop. I would really love to make all of you join this Project, but as the rules say, I could only invite 5 people to join Project: GLiTCH. Now, we will give you a blank resume, only 1. We will also give you a sign pen, so be careful in what you write, for it cannot be erased. You only have 30 mins. to fill up your resumes, & after that we will collect all of them & then judge them all based on how well you write, how fascinating your history, & how much do you like to join the Project. Good Luck to all our Candidates!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
SIGN - UP SHEET

WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
HINT: Type in any name you like, just not the too crazy ones like TootToot Banderscotch

WHAT IS YOUR GENDER?
HINT: Use your Real Gender if you want, you'll gain better skill in portraying your character.

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?
HINT: Use an Age between 18 to 45. The Storyline could get a little dicey.

WHAT IS YOUR APPEARANCE?
HINT: Put in a very detailed description about the Appearance of your Character if you like.
WHAT IS YOUR PERSONALITY?
HINT: To Avoid making mistakes, try to look at this Thingy or this Thingy.
WHAT IS YOUR SPRITE?
HINT: Try a Sprite that looks like your Appearance. Try Requesting for Some in a Graphic Shop.

WHAT IS YOUR HISTORY?
HINT: Don't use a very dramatic history. This RP mainly focuses on Action, & sometimes Mush.

WHAT ARE YOUR WEAKNESSES/STRENGTHS?
HINT: Try adding serious weaknesses such as a weak heart, it can really spice up the RP.

WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING PROJECT: GLiTCH?
HINT: Be Honest, why are you interested in joining Project: GLiTCH?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
RULES FOR THE RP & OOC

RULES FOR THE RP
PUNISHMENT IS THE DEATH OF CHARACTER.
1.) Normal Iwaku Rules Apply.
2.) Don't be too rude to the other Characters.
3.) Killing other Characters in the RP are strictly for the Monsters to do.
4.) No Godmodding Buddy.
5.) Relationships are okay, just keep the Smut out of the RP.
6.) Being Absent for 2 Weeks without Permission from Me is Bad.
7.) If your character dies, you can create a new character, but only if it fits with the story.
8.) Have Fun!

RULES FOR THE OOC
WE WILL GIVE 3 WARNINGS, PUNISHMENT IS THE DEATH OF CHARACTER.

1.) Don't be a Dick.
2.) Don't be a Pain in the Ass.
3.) No Spamming Please.
4.) Don't be an Attention Whore.
5.) Never Show your Character off.
6.) Be Cool. Don't Fight. If there are any players harrasing you, report them to me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
W
HAT IS PROJECT: GLiTCH?

Project: GLiTCH is a Cooperative Project that involves creating a virtual world, an exact copy of Earth itself, with a mission to enjoy all comforts around the world just with a console. But, they need to test out if human beings can be transported to the virtual world, so they created a Demo World, they need 5 volunteers to go there. In completing so, they can create a virtual world where real people can live in. But things are not always what they seem...

There will be lots of NPCs, a Main Quest, & Side Quests. There will also be some Emotional times, lots of Action, puzzles, pictures that portray the storyline, cryptograms, & ofcourse, 5 Challenging Bosses!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. This sounds cool, but what does the GLiTCH project actually involve? And why does it require a sprite?

Hmm. This sounds cool, but what does the GLiTCH project actually involve? And why does it require a sprite?
Hey Buddy. Thanks for being Interested in GLiTCH REMIX. As you can see, the Original GLiTCH had a lot of potential, but not enough popularity to spread throughout Iwaku, so could you do me a very good favor & spread the word of GLiTCH REMIX? It will be helpful in contributing to the success in this RP :)

As through the questions, Project: GLiTCH's plans will be seen in the IC, the Sprites however will be you in a Computer. I know the Sprites Explanation seems crazy, but it will all clear out once you see Project: GLiTCH's Plan. Thanks again for being Interested & Don't Forget to Spread the Word!

Your One & Only Singing Citrus Fruit:

MelodiousLime
CREATOR OF GLiTCH REMIX

Joining and so like an avatar in a game basically? Should have cs up tomorrow.

Joining and so like an avatar in a game basically?
No Buddy. A Sprite is your Character inside a Computer Screen. Project: GLiTCH's Story will be in the IC, & the Sprites will make more sense :)

Ok, char will be up tomorrow.

Ok, char will be up tomorrow.
Thanks for the Interested Perrsonality there, could ya' do me a favor & spread the word for GLiTCH REMIX. So this RP will be more successful, thanks again for being interesred :)

Ok I will, I'm good at getting people to join rps I'm in, I'll try tomorrow since most people are offline.

I have no idea what this is on about so chances are most of this will be inappropriate. I searched for the original thread but it was only a couple of sentences of information so...

WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
Hiromiya Haruka

WHAT IS YOUR GENDER?
Female

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?

WHAT IS YOUR APPEARANCE?
Haruka is average height, and slightly under average weight. She has pale skin and a rather nondescript shape. She has long, purpley-pink hair that she doesn't bother styling, and green-blue eyes. She usually slouches while stood and slumps while seated, as if her body is too heavy to maintain correct posture. She wears very simple garments that range in colour from black to very dark grey, and the last time her face showed an expression other than cold indifference was more than 3 months ago.
Haruka dislikes the real world quite greatly. She works as a freelance graphic designer, at which she is quite talented, earning enough money to pay the rent for her small apartment and afford shopping to be delivered to her door. As such, she doesn't go outside often at all, except when she has to have a meeting with someone that can't be done through conversation programs on a computer. Despite this, she is quite a decent cook, one of the few things she actually enjoys doing. She feels that she wouldn't care if her life were to end prematurely, though she doesn't try to end it. Instead she just doesn't exhaust much energy if it looks like it might be under threat. As a result, she's somewhat of a video-game phenomenon. She has the patience to level-grind indefinitely and due to lack of care, will often stay to fight, spamming health potions instead of fleeing when the rest of the party has died. For this reason, she has a small reputation on the online games she occasionally plays. She likes to talk about herself in third person, though tends to give it up quite quickly since it's tiring.

WHAT IS YOUR SPRITE?
I'm afraid my image editing skills are -3 / 10 so until I can find someone willing to make me a sprite, you'll have to make do with imagining a sprite version of the closest image i can find to her appearance:
purple-hair-anime-girls.png

WHAT IS YOUR HISTORY?
Haruka's history is rather bland. She grew up normally, had a decent quantity of friends and attained generally above-average grades in most of the important subjects with very little study. Despite this, she quickly grew tired of the world. She didn't like her friends, got bored of things easily and had no life ambitions. She used to have big dreams of grandeur but destroyed them herself, becoming a realist. At one point she discovered video games, starting casually but quickly becoming absorbed by them. This lead to the discovery of anime, which consumed the rest of her life. She passed high school with average grades, opting not to continue on to college. She moved away from home, to Tokyo (mainly for the better internet speeds), renting a 3 room apartment in a small building on the outskirts of the town. Around the same time, her father's company made a sales breakthrough and he got enough of a rise to cover her living costs for a while until she found some source of income. The apartment she rents belongs to the family of a childhood friend, so she can get away with skipping a payment every so often and paying double the next month, since they understand that whether or not she has money is highly dependent upon how many people need artwork for indie games at the time.

I'm not really sure what physical weaknesses have to do with being a computer program but...
Haruka has little physical strength and tires easily. Her sleep patterns are dependent entirely upon when she gets tired, so are erratic and unreliable. She speaks in brief sentences, skipping any kind of politeness.

Haruka is bored of reality, and anything that entertains her can just be left to pile up as a backlog to work through after GLiTCH is done, so she decided she may as well do it.

Sorry, I'm gonna need a little more information before I jump in...

I have no idea whats going on but here's an application regardless. The last questions were a bit vague, so I waffled a bit.
WHAT IS YOUR NAME?
''Karl van der Veen''
or
''Karl Veen''

WHAT IS YOUR GENDER?
Male

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?

WHAT IS YOUR APPEARANCE?
Karl van der Veen, if compared to the various creatures of the the animal kingdom, would be a stick insect. Tall, thin and with a pair of thick glasses, the Dutchman has never been a hit with the ladies and seems to have stopped caring years ago. His wardrobe is very casual, ranging from jeans and woolen jackets to flannel trousers and t-shirts. He does not own a tie or a suit. Karl's hair is often cropped short so he has to make as few trips to the barbers as possible and you can see by the somewhat uneven cuts he does it himself. He has a fair colour of hair, which is rather bland when compared to his hazel coloured eyes. He has a healthy, darker complexion, due to having some roots in Indonesia and tanning very easily. The veins on his thin arms stick out rather prominently due to the strain he puts on his arms (which probably has something to do with the amount of time spent on his computer, both at work and at home. )

Karl is a rather awkward individual who, although fitting in well with his comrades, has received cringes from them for his politically incorrect views and bad attempts at being funny. He is by no means proud to be a Dutchman but won't take insults about the Netherlands or Belgium lying down. His rather controversial views on life has seen him get into several arguments over the years and he now enjoys a good argument about anything from politics to technology. Despite spending a lot of time behind a computer screen, Karl enjoys social situations and isn't nearly as awkward as he was when he was 10 years ago. But it's still there. Around others, Karl tries to be friendly but his outspoken personality can be off-putting to others. His sarcasm occasionally has its shining moments

WHAT IS YOUR SPRITE?
UhubLht.png

WHAT IS YOUR HISTORY?
Karl is from Antwerp, a Dutch speaking part of Belgium, born to a Dutch father and a Dutch-Indonesian mother. As a child, he was noted at school for being quite clever but easily distracted from lessons. That doesn't mean he was distracted by his classmates - he often doodled in his notebook or wrote stories when he should of been learning maths. Outside, he was often found in the corner with the girls or his few male friends who didn't play sports. He never liked sports or found it interesting. At the age of 10, he discovered the internet, which changed his life completely. For better or for worse is hard to say.

Instead of spending his time outside or writing stories in his notebook, Karl began spending his days browsing the net. From the age of 10 until he was 16, he had no other hobbies apart from browsing the net and spending time on forums. Video games, sports and other such hobbies did not interest him at all - computers did. Despite his social awkwardness, he never turned down the opportunity to make new friends and learn everything about their lives. He excelled in History and Geography in school, which led to teachers thinking he was a lot smarter than many gave him credit for.

He had little trouble getting into a Dutch university, where he studied Computer Science and History. Among like-minded peers, he became a lot more outspoken and friendly. Compared to secondary school, where he stayed quiet and didn't go out much, university was like an awakening to him. He discovered the wonders of video games and became a big gamer with his newly found friends in MMO's. He eventually found a job in a big computing firm in Amsterdam and loved every minute of his new work, despite being a kissless virgin. As the years have gone by, he has become slightly disappointed at him self for not attracting a female yet but is of the mindset that they'll come to him. Eventually. Karl became interested in Project: GLiTCH after he saw it being mentioned in a vague internet forum and has pursued the goal of getting involved for some months now.

A big mouth can be more of a curse than a blessing but it has gotten him out of several situations. His body is rather weak, due to being so thin but his intelligence usually suffices him well(not really sure what else to put here...)

Project: GLiTCH as a concept interests Karl greatly but then again, anything to do with computers, vidya gaems and technology interests him greatly. (Again, I'm a bit lost as to what to put here)

Ah, much better! I'll have a CS up hopefully soon. :3

Oh, actually, before I start, what exactly will the sprites be used for? Are you creating images of recent happenings using the sprites?

@Moogle-Girl : Sprites are actually you in the Demo World. It's like you inside the World, that's why I reccomend a Sprite that looks like your Character.

Well, I mean, will you personally be using them for anything, or is it just so everyone (read: all the RPers) knows what you look like inside the Demo World?

Everyone Knows what their Sprite Looks Like! In the story (sorry I didn't specify), people picked their sprites or made their own before joining the Campaign :3

Does that mean I don't have to have a sprite then? Considering how I tried, and I can't do it, and how as writers I'm guessing all our imaginations are good enough to create at least a crude image of a sprite from a picture in our minds.

@Ruko : Yeah sure... the sprite was just a suggestion. Gotta stay true to the original GLiTCH :3

Yeah, that was the point of the questions; if you needed a sprite then I'd go the extra mile, but if it was just for the other players' sake then I'd rather leave it up to the imagination if that's okay. .w.' Sorry for being kinda pushy about it. With that cleared up I'll have a CS up soon! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.