• I wear glasses and contacts

• I got laser eyes surgery.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Kagayours
Woah, that sounds amazing dude

Like being able to see clearly and swim at the same time :o
Woah. Slow down. That's a little bit too crazy.

All I did was shower with clear vision... that's a bit more tame.

Reactions: Minibit
ALSO, can we talk about the fact that this is a "fashion" thread...? Like... having shitty eyes is not a fashion statement. o_o

I'm very nearsighted. I can barely see more than a foot in front of my face. Glasses are pretty much a must-have. I don't think I'd be able to function very well if I refused to wear glasses -- I can't even see the words I'm typing right now when I take them off. XD

I'm the exact same way. Normal vision is 20/20, yeah? Mine is around 20/500, and I'm legally blind without my glasses. I can't see much when I take them off unless I am literally half a foot in front of it.

I do like wearing glasses actually. I feel like they frame my face very well as I have a rounder face - I feel they also make me look a little older and my age, too. I tried wearing contacts years ago but I guess one of my eyes has a rough texture, making the contacts severely irritate one of my eyes. I could probably try again with the new contacts they have but I just can't be bothered. The only time glasses really bug me is when I'm laying down on my side and they aren't the most comfortable.

My mom got Lasik when she was younger and no longer wears glasses. I'm not sure if I want to. 1) I'm terrified, 2) I don't mind my glasses, and 3) it's expensive and if I don't really care about wearing glasses I feel I could spend the money on something I want more!

Funny story: One time I bowled without my glasses on just for fun, and I got a strike!

ALSO, can we talk about the fact that this is a "fashion" thread...? Like... having shitty eyes is not a fashion statement. o_o
Ah sorry about that. My brothers kinda treat it like that so yeah... Maybe I'll change it if I can.

I've needed glasses since I was little

I literally can't understand not needing glasses

Like, you just wake up, open your eyes, and can see whatever you want? Just like that?

Whaaaaaaaa??
I know exactly what you mean. I can't remember what it's like not to need glasses. I'd probably freak if I woke up one morning and could suddenly see clearly.

Reactions: Pahndemic
I've had glasses since I was like 7 ! Can you imagine, that's more than 15 years of not seeing clearly!

The worst is when I broke my glasses or they just decide to FALL APART one morning after 7 years and you find yourself having to wear contacts for weeks while they order your glasses because they don't have that size in stock....

and then your face feels naked so you think "I should just wear makeup maybe" and people at work just stare at you...

bad-makeup-sexpectations-fail-gif.gif

Then you get amazing new glasses that actually fit your vision now.

Thus is life.

Oh I have multifocal choroiditis ... My eyes are wonderful! It's when you begin losing your eyesight that you finally understand that some things are beautiful beyond words. Like a sunset or the ocean. Or your lover's face.

Glasses being broken is such a pain. The only reason I have the frames that I have now is because my last set was sat on by a girl I was breaking up with (I assume unintentionally, but who knows). I had to tape them together with electrical tape in order to safely survive my two-hour drive home, because I'm next to blind without them, and have no depth perception thanks to the fact that my astigmatism is pretty bad. The tape stopped working just as I got home, and then I spent the next 3 days at home bumping into things while I waited for my new set to get mailed to me from clearlycontacts.

On the upside, I absolutely love the frames I have now. :)

Ah sorry about that. My brothers kinda treat it like that so yeah... Maybe I'll change it if I can.

^^" I was half-joking... You don't actually have to change it.

Reactions: Greenie
Glasses. I need them. I don't really mind wearing them, but they make cosplaying anything with a mask harder. Contacts just kind of scare me. I can't even watch someone else put them in. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.