Giving this site another go

A

ashjaygrass

Original poster
Due to my own insecurities I never gave it a real chance in the first place.

Hello, my name is ashjaygrass, or Thomas, whichever comes easiest. I used to be an avid role player through my teen years but have had major issues with writing in general and haven't really role played for a couple of years now. This no doubt leaves me rusty, but I'm also still having trouble diving in and marshaling muse. But I'm going to make it a personal goal to stay committed and at least attempt. I really do need this lovely activity as a hobby. <3

To get to know me a little better, I'm 21, have a boyfriend and cat, and work as a veterinary assistant in training for a veterinary technician. I work a lot - usually over 40 hours a week and usually eleven hours a day. This will interfere with me posting frequently, but I'm hoping I can find people who can work with it. My favourite colour is orange, I love spiders, and I'm quite into piercings. I'm currently itching to get another done real soon. x3

Hope to make some friends here and get my creative juices flowing. I already tried out a challenge (was really pleased!) and plan on continuing that to help keep me up. Looking forward to role playing too though!

Hello and Welcome to Iwakeu, Ash! It's good to hear you are taking another try at Roleplaying. It's a very accessible hobby with unlimited possibilities. Being rusty is something we all go through so I am sure you won't have a problem fitting it. I'd say the older the Rpers the better off you are when it comes to schedules. Not that younger Rpers aren't good, it's just they are a bit more spry and eager. If you are interested in gaining more older Rpers you can search through the Mature [A] section and find some. However if Mature roleplay isn't your 'cup-of-tea' then I suggest to simply have a look around in the RPs that are on the forums. Lurking has it's advantages so use that to scope out potential Rp partners or favored Rpers. Most of the community members are quite helpful here and the Staff is ALWAYS more than willing to help out. Just ask any of them any questions you may have and I know they'll gladly help. Good luck on your goal and again welcome to Iwakeu. =)

HAI thomas welcome to iwaku hope you find it good for your goal! :lunaspin:

Ello, Thomas! Hope you find what you're looking for, and that all goes well for you as it has for many of the people here. Incidentally, when you get a chance, filling out the Roleplay Resume on your profile can also help find partners who share your interests, and sometimes you'll just get a random message, asking you for a roleplay! Between that and the request threads, as well as lurking in the new arrivals, you're sure to find one or two people at the very least who can work with you easily, and fluidly. :3

Hello, Thomas.

I'm Thomas.

It seems we've come across an impasse.

Hello and Welcome to Iwakeu, Ash! It's good to hear you are taking another try at Roleplaying. It's a very accessible hobby with unlimited possibilities. Being rusty is something we all go through so I am sure you won't have a problem fitting it. I'd say the older the Rpers the better off you are when it comes to schedules. Not that younger Rpers aren't good, it's just they are a bit more spry and eager. If you are interested in gaining more older Rpers you can search through the Mature [A] section and find some. However if Mature roleplay isn't your 'cup-of-tea' then I suggest to simply have a look around in the RPs that are on the forums. Lurking has it's advantages so use that to scope out potential Rp partners or favored Rpers. Most of the community members are quite helpful here and the Staff is ALWAYS more than willing to help out. Just ask any of them any questions you may have and I know they'll gladly help. Good luck on your goal and again welcome to Iwakeu. =)

Thank you for the great intro post! I've been off and on of roleplaying for years. I was really into it for several years in m mid teens, but real life has a way of getting in the way and changing things. I hadn't really thought about it in that way before, though I definitely agree. Older players seem easier in general to work with in terms of schedule flexibility. The different stages of life necessitites.

I have been lurking about (always an enjoyable past time) and I like what I see so far. Definitely am looking forward to doing more of the challenges - sometimes, the right one sparks something!

<3

HAI thomas welcome to iwaku hope you find it good for your goal! :lunaspin:

Thank you kindly. <3 That spinning egg thing is quite cute.

Ello, Thomas! Hope you find what you're looking for, and that all goes well for you as it has for many of the people here. Incidentally, when you get a chance, filling out the Roleplay Resume on your profile can also help find partners who share your interests, and sometimes you'll just get a random message, asking you for a roleplay! Between that and the request threads, as well as lurking in the new arrivals, you're sure to find one or two people at the very least who can work with you easily, and fluidly. :3

I was actually looking for the Roleplay Resume last night after creating my account! I knew it was there, but I couldn't figure out how to access it. I just recently did and set up a (very) light profile. Thanks for the reminder - I really am fond of that tool.

<3

ashjaygrass said:
Hmmm. It seems so. Cause for celebration?

Indeed. *Celebrates*

Also, that thing that you are currently using as your avatar, that is what is known here as a 'Plot Bunny'. Take good care of your plot bunnies, Thomas. In the end, your plot bunnies may take care of you. Pastry? *offers a small platter containing assorted Danishes, Tarts, and Éclairs*

Welcome to Iwaku! we have an excellent roleplay academy here should you want to further your skills.

Welcome o.o im not a mod or anything but ya know a friendly drop by to say that you should definitely make friends on here *nod nod* Isn't that right Thomas number 1

Indeed. *Celebrates*

Also, that thing that you are currently using as your avatar, that is what is known here as a 'Plot Bunny'. Take good care of your plot bunnies, Thomas. In the end, your plot bunnies may take care of you. Pastry? *offers a small platter containing assorted Danishes, Tarts, and Éclairs*

Aw, it is pretty cute! Plot bunnies are good, I hope this one comes and visits me often. I'm trying to make it my mission to do a writing exercise a day while here. We'll see how it goes!

Thanks! I love cheese danishes! They're one of my favourites. *takes a pastry*

Welcome to Iwaku! we have an excellent roleplay academy here should you want to further your skills.

Thank you so much for letting me know!

Welcome o.o im not a mod or anything but ya know a friendly drop by to say that you should definitely make friends on here *nod nod* Isn't that right Thomas number 1

Aww, thank you. :) I really am hoping to. I don't really have online friends like I used to. :(