4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Futanari
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, anime, mecha, magical girl, superhero, cyberpunk, yuri
I've never tried this sort of thing before, but it might be fun, so I might as well toss a thread up and see what happens. I have no clue if any of my ideas will fly or not, and they're pretty much all assume original characters most of the time. I'm just not a big fan of playing other people's characters, it makes me feel odd. So, I might as well toss ideas out there. If something looks good, comment on it. Most of these will probably be pretty loose and can be developed in various directions.

In general, I'm not looking for pure romance between characters, nor for smutty things either, but should such things happen and feel appropriate, that's just fine with me. I am probably going to try for some amount of adventure or plot and not just slice of life style stuff, although that's fun too. Not a clue how well I'll be able to accomplish any such goals, but it's always worth trying.

Ideas and things:
Something to do with magical girls. Be it partners fighting a common enemy, or rivals (who eventually become friends. Or don't), just something to do with a couple magical girl-style characters doing things. May slide into parody territory.

Other sort of superhuman adventures in more or less modern day. Maybe one character's an escapee from some sort of shady secret organization's research facility. Maybe both of them are. Maybe it's more standard superheroes. Whatever works, just start somewhere interesting and go somewhere more interesting.

I'd like to give some sort of cyberpunk setting a try. Whether this be transhuman adventures of someone and their plucky AI partner, or something else like slice of life for combat cyborgs, I'm not sure, but I have a few ideas. I've got a partially fleshed-out setting for cyborgs and so-on that draws on mecha musume aesthetics, if anyone likes things like Strike Witches, Infinite Stratos, and Sky Girls.

A few fandoms, most of which may make no sense. Even if I might not agree to play in them, they're good for a list of inspirations if nothing else:
Touhou (about the only time where playing characters from the series would probably be expected)
Any other STG series (although beyond providing a setting framework, I have no clue what we'd get out of a roleplay based around R-Type or Gradius).
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Tekkaman Blade
Anything by Tsutomu Nihei
Anything I've references elsewhere in this post, for that matter.

Not really a fan of bumping my own stuff, so I'm only going to do this once before I just let enough alone. Hopefully this is acceptable.

I could certainly play a guy, at least. I can't say much past that.

Status
Not open for further replies.