Give me your best gender neutral greeting!

kroyote

a power bottom at rock bottom
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
I hope this is an interesting one for y'all 👀

As someone who's nonbinary and uses strictly they/them, it's really nice to hear something fairly gender neutral. I quite regularly hear feminine things come towards me and it's not always the most comfortable thing.

Here's mine, very informal haha

Adam 👀🤌

• Thank You
Reactions: kroyote
GREETINGS MINIONS Ò◇Ó

or Babbins. Or Goblins.

• Love
Hey y'all for multiple people. Hey you for singular. :)

I call everyone captain or colonel.

Fabulous fuckers
My good gentleperson
Everyone
Friends
Betch
Eh dere bud

In all seriousness though, I try to eliminate the use for gender related pronouns in mixed company; for example: shortening an addressing from something like "excuse me, Miss?" to just "excuse me" or a friendly "hey there!" When addressing someone formally, like in a business setting, you would nine times out of 10 know the name of the person you're addressing, so just use their name.

Speaking of "they" in singular form, I think it's perfectly fine. People who make a stink about that are people who don't really understand the nature of linguistics and how language will always and forever evolve and change over time. Or they just hate change or want something to argue over.

When I'm with certain friends, I will consciously use their preferred gender pronouns to the best of my abilities because I know it is very important to them. That being said, I do have a bad, ollld habit of using "guys" as a collective term. For me, it's lost any gender meaning because of how I use it, but I know that's not the case for pretty much everyone else, so I'm working on removing that habit from my vocabulary.

Y'all is a big one I use, or just yo you 😂 I unfortunately do have a habit of saying you guys as where I live it's used for everyone regardless of appearances. My family used it on us girls growing up so guys became a gender neutral greeting for us. But after being yelled at for using it once I've tried not to use it unless it's with people I know personally.

Tbh I honestly just...don't greet people irl very much 😂 or I'm avoiding using a pronoun, if I have to I default to they/them regardless of their appearance. Because one too many times I accidentally said he/she and got absolutely reemed. So my social anxiety increases tenfold when it comes to how to properly greet someone or refer to them.

All in all I just avoid social contact even more now so as I don't want to accidentally offend people

• Love
honestly it's wild how often and how many people get yelled at for accidentally using the wrong pronouns(especially when you don't know the person) or getting bashed for saying "hey guys/dude/bro" because i constantly use all 3 regardless of gender and i've never been bashed for it ??? confusing world y'all

honestly it's wild how often and how many people get yelled at for accidentally using the wrong pronouns(especially when you don't know the person) or getting bashed for saying "hey guys/dude/bro" because i constantly use all 3 regardless of gender and i've never been bashed for it ??? confusing world y'all
I say 'bruh' all the time, including to my dogs. Its a greeting, much like "top of the morning, to ya!"

I say 'bruh' all the time, including to my dogs. Its a greeting, much like "top of the morning, to ya!"
agreed 😌

Reactions: XIII
Greetings, friends and enemies.

• Love
'sup nerd(s)

• Nice Execution!
Once my friend made a joke edit of an old bible illustration that had Jesus descending from the heavens, saying, "What's up, chicken mcsluts?" and sacrilege aside, I now have a hard time not always greeting a group of people as McSluts.

• Haha
Queens, Kings, and Queers

• Nice Execution!
Once my friend made a joke edit of an old bible illustration that had Jesus descending from the heavens, saying, "What's up, chicken mcsluts?" and sacrilege aside, I now have a hard time not always greeting a group of people as McSluts.
HAHAHA MCSLUTS

I like "Hey folx"
The x spelling of folks doesn't mean anything special (that I know of), I just like punk-ifying shit without reason. XD

• Love
I like "Hey folx"
The x spelling of folks doesn't mean anything special (that I know of), I just like punk-ifying shit without reason. XD
i see people spell it 'folx' constantly and i was so confused 'cause i spell it 'folks'-

• Haha
Reactions: Grimoire
honestly i love hearing y'alls silly things to say! i would love to hear more 💕