Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonMaiden

Original poster
This rp is going to get crazy.
You have been warned.

STK616858.jpg
--> Gintama takes place in Edo after aliens have come in and completely integrated into Japanese culture and banned the use of swords, stifling the age of the samurai. Carrying a sword is now a serious crime but that doesn't mean you can't find other things to do. Like opening an odd jobs office from your apartment, unless you have a legitimite job like the Shinsengumi. Either way, you can rest assured there will never be a boring day in this new Edo where the strange, crazy and absolutely ridiculous are everyday occurrences. <--

Plot

Now that that's out of the way, did you know there have been at least 2 other Gintama RPs that attempted to start here on Iwaku? This one will be different, it will LIVE. I will do my best to make sure of that but I will need your help to do it.

"The roleplay will start off with our characters either already being part of the Yorozuya, or a prospect/future member. That's for the player to decide how they want to start their character's story. As this is a Gintama RP, there won't be an overarching storyline from the get-go and will be more of a wing-it roleplay where the stories are created by the players themselves and can range from any kind of genre, from drama and romance to absurd humor and thrilling action or mystery.

Basicly the story will be tailored by the players, through the OOC Thread or simply by improvising on the spot." - @Talhar v2

Gintama is a very spontaneous anime where anything and everything can and WILL happen so there must be insanity but please do try to keep it PG-13.

Other Affiliations:
Shinsengumi

The active law enforcement and the enemy of the Jouishishi. They make sure all evildoers and ne'er do wells are behind bars! That doesn't mean they like protecting the aliens that have completely flipped their world upside down.

Jouishishi
These are the rebel factions that DO NOT want the aliens there and seek to run them out of the country. There are a lot of extremist factions but there is one that has somewhat changed it's tune; the Katsura faction. The Katsura Faction is now a moderate faction, which means instead of blowing up government buildings they plot going into the Shinsengumi's headquarters and turning all of their toilet paper the wrong way.

Character Sheet:
*You can play an alien, just put Amanto as your race*

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
Affiliation(only fill out if you will not be a part of the Yorozuya):
(Short or long) Biography/History:
Weapons/Powers/Misc:
Anything you want to add:

Reactions: GreenSea
480d8bed.jpg

Name: Miyu (given by her first master because her original name, Minloshniyugear, was just too difficult to remember, let alone pronounce)

Race: Amanto

Personality:
Normally she is very calm, level headed and quite naive, if not sadly submissive to the point where she will take a beating in silence. She is mostly passive and is still learning to understand her recent freedom as well as human customs. It takes a blow to the head to transform her from docile to a violent fighting machine that can cause terrible damage to her target and the building she resides in.

Miyu was caught by a slave trading Amanto at fifteen on another planet and was brought to earth. Her race resembled humans right down to being the weakest in the galaxy. She was bought by a very wealthy man who had been a very strong samurai and hated the Amanto due to the ban put in place since their invasion. She was beaten every night, whenever he saw her, but never bad enough to leave marks or beyond swelling that would be lessened by the morning. Luckily, he did not know her race had exceptional healing abilities.

During one of his usual angry rants he took a sake bottle to her head, knocking her to the floor. When she stood to her feet again she proceeded to beat her master into unconsciousness and burned down his home. She had no recollection of the events, having blacked out after the last strike. Sadly, however, she ended up in another trader's arsenal and moved from owner to owner, each one trading her off once they found out about her beastly temperament. She eventually found out about her sudden and violent change in mood. There was nothing she could do by then.

Miyu decided to start wearing a helmet in order to protect her head from injury and turning into a raging monster. She was able to find work again as a waitress. The owner thought it was strange that she wore a helmet, but she was an Amanto. Her docile nature made dealing with angry customers very easy and she was praised for never causing trouble or fighting with the customers. One night, when she stayed behind to clean and close up, she took off her helmet to scratch an itch and decided to keep it off since there was no one else there but her.

A thief broke in and attempted to knock her out with the end of his shinai. Miyu transformed and wound up destroying the restaurant and nearly killing the thief, who turned out to be a young boy. After that she left that town, unable to face anyone there again. She finally took up residence in Edo, where she currently wanders aimlessly, looking for some purpose.

Weapons/Powers/Misc:
Due to trauma from a head injury her personality changes almost spontaneously from calm and submissive to violently angry when struck in the head. When this occurs she locks onto a target, namely the one who hit her in the head, and stops at nothing to bring harm to them. During this time her strength is multiplied exponentially.

Anything you want to add:
When docile, she has normal human strength and in some cases even below that. There is a phrase that can snap her out of her raging state, but it is so random that even she doesn't remember it, yet if the phrase is used she will cease rampaging instantly. It works like a hypnotist's cue word.

• Love
Reactions: GreenSea
samurai_x__seta_sojiro___render_by_takashi14-d78o9q2.png
Name:
Hijiyama Ohwara
Personality:
Hijiyama wasn't your daily kind adolescence, he's a merciless killing machine behind his cute face. He often bullies people who he knows have a smaller authority than him, mostly are peoples who he won against. Hijiyama also has a strong hatred towards shinsengumi which cause him to be cautious at the same time, meaning he isn't as loud as he is when bullying people violently. Note: Hijiyama always bow down to Miyu no matter what (he's really afraid of her that much lol!)

Hijiyama was born in a wealthy family that reside in Edo, He always confined in the mansion and never step a foot to the outside world during his childhood days. His every day life would be, study and learning martial art and as a result during his 14th birthday, he curious about the outside world and forced to went outside by destroying al the guards.

Hijiyama soon was taken off from the inheritance of the family changing it to his little brother, who wanted that inheritance since long time. Since then, he wandered around the earth to find a place where he can call it as a home.

Weapons/Powers/Misc:
-Shinai
He has a wooden shinai which he bought during his journey before stopping at Edo.

-High intelligence and have an advance combat knowledge
Hijiyama has an encyclopedia worth of knowledge in his head as well as his skill of combat expertise also nearly head to head with a Yato amanto.
Anything you want to add:​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Just so bump it~ *bump*

anyway will we start this rp if there's person join?

I can't be online as much as I'd like to, and it doesn't seem anyone else will be joining us. We could make this a 1x1, though I'd hate to drop it, but I can't be on but maybe once a week unless something changes for me. I was super excited for this RP but life happens. :(

Hahaha it's kay though, I also don't want this rp to die~ and yeah maybe 1x1 will do for now. I'm lenient so don't worry aout the online part~

Status
Not open for further replies.