Ghosts, Romance, and Possible Tragedy?

J

Jester

Original poster
THREAD IS NOW CLOSED - FOUND ENOUGH MEMBERS

I have a version of my character that is ghost-like. It's from a novel I've been working on now for a year, and is 200 pages in. It got me to thinking: There aren't many Ghost RP's, or book and such that are overly popular, but I love the concept. This leads me to my idea.

I'd always sort of found it romantic for a ghost to fall in love with a human, or vise versa. This is kind of a one way tragedy too, which I happen to be pretty good at writing. It's my niche. I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in this idea enough to start an RP? I'm only looking for maybe 3 people tops, since it's not meant to be large-scale, and kind of close and personal.

Also, if you have any other ideas to tack onto the plot, feel free to post. The reason this isn't overly detailed on the subject is because I do better with impromptu, and just STARTING without any rules or plot line is usually easiest for me. (Odd, I know.) I'm not closed to ideas, however.

:EDIT:

Official Thread Started Here:
http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=7290

Setting is Modern, London area. (For castles and such.)
Fantasy is allowed, otherwise I'd be bored as hell.

The title is Silver Thorn. :D So now we can finally get started. :D

I like it...You had me at "Ghost" really <3

Awesome. :) Jester's alter-version, the original, is a ghost. I have this thing with spooky places, because even though they're creepy, there's always a question of, "What if....? This isn't what it looks like?" So instead of doing something horror related with ghosts, I wanted to try something a little more on the romantic side.

I hope that doesn't sound cheesy. Would it be something you'd be willing to RP in? Do you have specific characters to throw in there?

Hmm....Dang...I had the perfect character in mind but I lost the idea. I like the idea of a romantic story with a ghost and human anyway :3

I check out your RP Resume'. You and I seem to be around the same spot. XD Glad I'm not the only one who views it that way. When you remember your idea, lemme know. ;D

I read your rp sample and it reminded me of something you'd find playing in a deserted house, blood everywhere, etc...*shivers*

And I'm still trying to remember my idea. Tell me what your character will be like and maybe I can think of something better for mine.

i like it to but dont know wat i could possibly play

@ Chrona - His character sheets, actually, are in my Bio. O.o I think I have both versions of him, ghost and demon alike. And yeah, it's actually a clip from a comic I drew... I never got around to finishing it. It's a weird clip from my past when I first met Jester, actually. I'm Ivy. :) And I'm really good at creepy/sad things. XD

For a brief explanation of him, ghost version anyway, he tends to be rather quiet, sad, and serious. He can be goofy, tell a few jokes, and make people laugh, but more in a "best friend" sense than an actual jester, so he's got a bit of a srs side. Aside from that, when he knows someone, he can become your best friend, goofing around, exploring things, getting dumb ideas for games or songs. If you've ever played D&D, I've had my friends mark him as Chaotic Neutral as a being. He's calm and aloof until he gets to know you. Then he springs to life.

@TheFoxMaiden - Anyone. For a few ideas, you could be the owner of the lands where the castle/mansion is resting on. You could be a friend of whoever the main character is who tags along, and discovers the place, or you could even be the girl to play the other end of the romance. Seriously, all balls are in the air on this one. :D I'm open to just about anything.

hmm ill right up a character sheet tomorrow to see what i come up with.

Crashing for the night.
I'll be on tomorrow in the evening. :)

Awesome! :D I'm not sure if FoxMaiden is coming back, but we may start with those we know are going to be in it. So far that's Me, Kid (who changed her name! XD) and Ed. Anyone want to post their character sheets, this place is the spot to do it. :) Mine are in my blog, but I'll copy and paste them both here.

The difference here will be Ivy's character sheet. Instead of 12, she's going to be 21.

Name: Ivy

Nickname:
Ives/Ivy Leaf

Eyes:
Blue/Gray

Hair:
Brown, Long

Weight: 150lbs

Height:
5'5"

Race:
Human

Powers:
None

Abilities:
Drawing, Writing, Speechcraft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Stealth, Listening

Personality:
Bossy and controlling. Ivy likes to make sure Nexus knows his place, considering he watches over her, and is her one and only best friend. She understands he's a demon, but doesn't fear him. She's known him since she was 2 years old, and therefore looks at him as a brother. There are few moments where she reverts back to being a child, running into his arms crying about something bad that happened at school or that her family said. During these moments, Nexus just smiles and rolls his eyes, talking her through the situation until she calms herself.

Background:
Met Nexus when she was 2, during an argument her parents were having. The plan was originally that he was going to steal her away while they weren't looking, and eat her, however after she smiled at him, and waved her arms to be picked up, his good side won out, and he adopted her as sort of a sister. Growing up, she learned how to cope with school and family through lessons and little wisdoms he'd given her. Later, when she was old enough, she started following him into Hell to see what his world was like. Ever since, she'd had a touch of bossiness and superiority that allows her to fight well in battle, and be a pretty intimidating little kid. (Background not important in this RP. Its totally blank.)

Description:
Straight, brown hair down to her waist, pale peach skin, and often pouts. She's chubby, but not overweight, and hates this fact. She has a very round face, and freckles on her arm that she sometimes likes to play connect the dots with.

Name:
Unknown

Nickname:
Jester

Race:
Ghost

Eyes:
Gray and White

Hair:
Black

Weight:
0lbs

Height:
6'4"

Powers:
Disappearing, Flying, Ice Breath/Energy Balls, Ethereal

Abilities:
Speechcraft, Acrobatics, Juggling, Dancing, Sleight of Hand

Personality:
Can be moody or aloof with strangers, and has a philosophical side. When around friends, can be goofy, loud, obnoxious, and sometimes abrasive with his jokes, however, is extremely protective and defiant, and sometimes too rash to make hard-thought decisions.

Background:
Unknown

Description:
(Image deleted, will link later.)

Wait whats the charachter sheet "-"

Whatever your bio for your character is. :)
If you don't have one, you can use mine as a base. I have trouble writing them, so I had to tweak mine to be special for this RP. (Too many different types of my own characters.)

Sure. Jester's one of the ghosts in the story, so I plan to pair him and Ivy together.
The story takes place in an abandoned castle somewhere in Europe, so if you want to give it a shot, go ahead. :D

So I'll be paired with Ed...? Or...someone else? Maybe even have my character be a loner....hmmm *thinks*