2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I kind of like fantasy but I really like Sci-fie. I'm really flexible though and am familiar with various genres.
d7e75d3495a53cad2af60ac4509f3a2f.gifghost.jpg

Alright guys, I've done it, you've done it, we've all ghosted someone at one point or another. We've ghosted in the roleplay world simply ditching out on people because we where uncomfortable and we've ghosted in the real world. Real world ghosting or ditching can sometimes hurt but we all have our reasons as to why we've proceeded to make ourselves scarce. Sometimes it's done out of love, we don't want to hurt the person we care for with hard facts that could make them think differently of us. I mean, they would still love us in the end if hit with the tide explaining the situation but, sometimes the approach is the hardest part and so therefore we simply fade away. Roleplay ghosting on the other hand is a different story. This takes place when someone has been roleplaying with a group or single individual (1x1) and then suddenly they stop dropping responses. I've seen it happen and I've done it myself. Heck it even takes place in messages, we could be in the middle of discussing a plot or about to discuss a plot and suddenly 'poof' gonzo!.

There's a vast majority of different forms of ghosting but I'd like to hear your experiences and heck cast a vote too. I'm curious as to how many have and haven't ghosted. There's even a "maybe" section just in case you don't want to admit to it. Please and I say please don't use this thread to call someone out either, that will get you reported to a site moderator. Anyway I hope this catches some attention and I really cant wait to read everyone's experiences.

Last edited:

There's been a few notable reasons as to why I've ghosted, some a little more memorable than others. I honestly try not to make a habit of it, I really like talking to people and befriending everyone but when the horns been blown its time to answer the call. Each time I've ditched someone leaving them hanging like a thread I've felt terrible shortly after but sometimes it's unavoidable. Nagging is a perfect illustration, its one of those behaviors thats caused me to fade out like a phantom.

Onetime (and I won't mention names even if they aren't on here) I found myself in a tough situation where I felt I was trapped. I was invited into a roleplay thats genre was new to me. I thought it would be fun learning something new and was all for jumping in with them. At first the idea sounded great and I was all for it but once I realized the goal they had in mind it completely thrusted me out of my comfort zone propelling me into a state of nervousness— I wanted to get out. I felt like a prisoner in their group and didn't know how I was going to approach them. Finally I decided to message the GM and let him know that I was going to take my leave explaining to him why. He begged and begged and begged for me to stay and wouldn't ease up. He even made another account just to try and get me back. Enough was enough so finally I quit responding completely.

Normally I don't ghost, I try and keep in touch with everyone and if I feel like I'm not going to enjoy what they have to offer I let them know and why.

I can (thankfully) say I've only ghosted a couple of times throughout my RP experience. This was a while back, when I still did group RPs. Things started off pretty great; there were three of us of varying levels. One person was very much casual, and I and the other person were intermediate. But then Intermediate Member invited a friend of theirs to join, and this person had to be one of the most skilled RPers I've ever come across. The way she described things was nothing short of phenomenal. I started to feel low key intimidated by just how good she was. And although everyone told me that they enjoyed my writing, how it brought everyone together and kept the plot moving, I really struggled with the one-two combo of inferiority complex mixed with the multiple posts per day the others were doing. Casual Member had no problem with this. Intermediate Member seemed to be fine, as well. And God-Tier was just chuggin' them out like it was nothing.

Then there's that one time when I was, like, 10 years old and the internet dropped during one of my Neopets RPs. I'm still emotionally scarred from that to this very day. ;(

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Paganism
I can (thankfully) say I've only ghosted a couple of times throughout my RP experience. This was a while back, when I still did group RPs. Things started off pretty great; there were three of us of varying levels. One person was very much casual, and I and the other person were intermediate. But then Intermediate Member invited a friend of theirs to join, and this person had to be one of the most skilled RPers I've ever come across. The way she described things was nothing short of phenomenal. I started to feel low key intimidated by just how good she was. And although everyone told me that they enjoyed my writing, how it brought everyone together and kept the plot moving, I really struggled with the one-two combo of inferiority complex mixed with the multiple posts per day the others were doing. Casual Member had no problem with this. Intermediate Member seemed to be fine, as well. And God-Tier was just chuggin' them out like it was nothing.

Then there's that one time when I was, like, 10 years old and the internet dropped during one of my Neopets RPs. I'm still emotionally scarred from that to this very day. ;(

Oh my! I use to play Neo Pets all the time. I seriously miss those days. And thank you for your response :)

Reactions: torsade
Ah yes, those were the days. I have so many good memories coming up with off-the-wall plots for boarding school and wolf RPs. And of course! That actually kind of felt like a mini-confessional, hehe.

I've only ghosted when I lost means of communication, if I am unable to continue or lose interest I inform my partners with a reasoning as to why. Normally, when I lose interest it is due to an irreconcilable differences between our roleplay styles or, because they are pushing the RP in a sudden direction that I am not comfortable with, or didn't approve of. Such as shifting from a story-based RP to more of a smut focused one.

Thank you sooo much for your response, it is greatly appreciated. I completely understand where your coming from. It's hard to continue on with a roleplay when the plot takes an uncomfortable turn. More often than not a roleplay will lose it's participants when it suddenly changes from one popular outline to another. I couldn't begin to keep track of how many roleplays I've had to wistfully remove myself from because they've drifted away from the original draft, taking on a completely new skeletal anatomy. I really truly wonder how many roleplays in this world have had people ghost them due to this exact reason. Such an interesting scenario.

I didn't ghost, I told them why I was withdrawing owo

SometimesRP's don't work out. 99% of the time people don't mind as long as you tell them why. Now, withdrawing from an RP because you found a better one to me is utterly disrespectful. Doing that is about the only thing that gets you on my blacklist. But saying, "Hey this isn't going how I imagined, I find myself unable to adapt and so I will be pulling out as I don't want to tarnish things further and felt you deserve to know." Will alleviate the bulk of fights.

I never said you ghosted, I said that I truly wonder how many roleplays had ghosters due to the issue that I mentioned in my response. I completely and a hundred percent agree, it is disrespectful to leave for that exact reason. I also feel that if a person is going to leave a roleplay because they found something better or their life has become too hectic that they should notify the GM before hand. It is the honorable thing to do and will earn a person some respect.

Last edited: