Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
I am open to all types of genre's, my main ones however are Sci-fi Horror and Action. The only RP's I'd rather not due are any threads dealing with any type pf homosexual themes or manga or anime type RP's.
Ghostbusters Damnation Immortal 1.jpg

The large auditorium held a decent sized crowd as the curious ears and eyes of the onlookers gazed in interest as the tall, casually dressed man continued with his in depth lecture of a various number of ancient mythologies from around the world.

Darrian Dela Vega flipped through his various power point slides until he rests on an image of a meancing diety with the head of a bull "Wrapping up ancient Babylon, many of you may recognize this fellow. Most commonly pronounced Moloch, however he is also known as Molech in more ancient renditions. Known throughout Mesopotamia as simply the child sacrificial diety, Moloch is most commonly known for his demanding of the youngest of every family to be given over as a blood sacrifice. Moving on to ancient Sumer we will come across quite possibly our most famous face in the crowd. Yes this the world recognized Gozer the Gozerian, whom as many of you know, wreaked all kinds of havoc on lower Manhattan in the early eighties but was thankfully dispatched by the Ghostbusters." At that a multitude of hands go up in the crowd "...and the questions roll in, yes" he says as he points to a student.

"How do feel about the Ghostbusters' work on the paranormal doctor?" says the student.

"Well as a matter of strict fact, I was an ardent student and huge fanboy of Dr. Spengler's." says Darrian which elicits a giggle from the crowd.

"What was your favorite of Dr. Spengler's theories?" asks another student.

"The ones that made the most impact on me was his studies on the proton particle reversal in relation to trans-dimensional cross rips throughout space-time. Some of the finest scientific papers ever written in my opinion."

More hands go up and Darrian smirks "Before we make this just a big Q&A on what I think about the Ghostbusters, perhaps we should get back to the lecture and maybe if we have some extra time at the end, I'll answer a few more, ok." he says in a light hearted tone as the hands slowly go back down.

"Alright, moving right along as we get into the most ambiguous of pantheons, at least from a regional and cultural perspective, we come to the Great Old Ones. Now again, this pantheon, oddly enough can't specifically be traced back to a single time period or regional corner. These deities seem to pop up in just about every major religion and culture, the world over. It's a fascinating puzzle that anthropologists and archaeologists have struggled with for centuries, of why the gods such as Cthulhu, Yogsothoth, Xzeraster, and Scarr-Talos seem to appear in some form or another all across the world."

Suddenly a black man shoots his hand up from the crowd..."Yes a question." says Darrian.

"Could you go back one slide please?" asks the man.

"Certainly..." says Darrian as he uses his laser pointer to go back to a particular slide which features several clay reliefs of the mysterious Old Ones.

"Does that symbol in the center tablet signify anything special?" asks the man.

"That would be the Hyksos-Uranum, a talisman glyph most associated with the Old Ones, in particular Cthulhu and Xzeraster."

"I see, tell me doctor do happen to know of any special groups or cults noted to be associated with these Old Ones that have recently popped up?" asks the man.

"Well there have been literally thousands of religious and spiritual sects that have sprung up throughout history that have associated themselves with the worship or reverence of the Old Ones." says Darrian.

"...any of them that particularly stand out to you?"

"Why do you ask?" asks Darrian, the suspicion rising in his voice.

"My own reference." says the man.

"Well as a matter of fact there is one that does come to mind now that you mention it. Called themselves the Compendium Arcana, a strange bunch to say the least, some say even dangerous."

"A new group?"asks the man.

"Hardly, no the Compendium was started back in 1895 by a man named Wynfield Scott Lovecraft, a wealthy banker from Providence, Rhode Island. The main focus of the Compendium was to find the complete and original rendition of the Necronomicon, a book of ancient incantations compiled by a man named Abdul Alhazzared, sometime during the twelfth century. In doing so they hoped to start off what they dubbed as the 'Rising Initiative' in which the great herald, the demon god Xzaraster, would pave the way for the rest of the Old Ones, in particular Cthulhu and raise the sunken city of souls, known as Ryleh, effectively bringing about the apocalypse not just on Earth, but the rest of the known cosmos as well. Around the nineteen twenties or so, the cult was taken over by his son, Howard...or H.P. as he liked to be called. The Compendium went underground a short time later, no one really knows what became of them after that. "

"Thank you..." says the man as he slowly puts his hand back down.

Another man comes up on stage "Unfortunately doctor that's all the time the university will allow us, everyone let's give a big hand for Dr. Darrian Dela Vega, such a stimulating lecture."

The crowd begins to applaud as two men, one of them the man that inquired about the Old Ones, whispers to another man "Told you we'd get some kind of lead out of this. I say we bring this guy down to the station, see if he can make sense out of all this." The man next to him just quietly nods his head.

• Love
Reactions: DrVitalePHD
Johnny had been sitting in the back of the lecture through out the whole thing. He had found it to be extremely enlightening that some one was still into Uncle Egon's work. As the Gentlemen kept asking questions about the Compendium Arcana, Johnny had become suspicious. Johnny leaned forward and had listened a bit more carefully to the two gentlemen go back and forth with each other.

After a few minutes and the lecture had finished, Johnny waited for People to crowd out and walk their lines out the door. Some people were completely dumbfounded, others had been completely open to the notion of H.P Lovecraft's cult. Johnny had waited long enough as he started to make his way down towards Dr. Dela-Vega as the man who was asking questions, along with his counter part, had snuck in front of Johnny.

"Well, Excuse me." Johnny murmured

"FBI, Stay out of the way, we must talk with Darrian Dela-Vega." The other gentlemen who sat quite spoke. Johnny was dumbfounded. As the two gentlemen scurried over to Darrian, Johnny had finally got to where the, now 3 men, had stood.

"I am Federal Agent Stokes, this is Special Agent Hilderbrant, We both work for the Behavioral Science Division. We need to ask you a few more questions Dr. Dela-Vaga, Do you have some time for us?" Just as Federal Agent Stokes had finishing speaking, Johnny had walked up.

"Actually Gentlemen, Johnny Venkman, Ghostbusters, Dr Dela-Vega here has an appointment with the E.P.A and my Liaison with the EPA, Walter Peck. And Yes, the Same Walter Peck who gave my Father and the original Ghostbusters problems back in the 80's. So If you have ANY questions at all, Feel free to Give us a Ring at GBHQ. Dr. Dela-Vega, right this way please Sir!"

Johnny had managed to get Darrian away from the Feds. They got out into the hall way and Johnny chuckled. "I have gotten away from being questioned by a lot of People! Names Johnny Venkman, Got your resume online and figured Id stop down and check out one of your lectures! Pretty Enlightening for sure! I might even count this interaction as your interview and hire you on the spot! What do you say? Still looking to work with The Ghostbusters?"

Johnny Smiled as they walked out the Lecture hall door. Johnny had managed to get the Ecto-1 back up and running, so there so was, Parked in all her glory right out front. "Hop In and Ill give ya a ride back here later to get your vehicle!"

@Chris_Reaper

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Darrian pulls himself away from the pushy guy that had herded him outside of the lecture hall "Whoa there Tonto, slow your roll, will ya! Now I said I was a fan of Dr. Spengler's and to a certain extent had a good amount of respect for Dr. Stanz, but I never said anything about wanting be a Ghostbuster myself. Besides I make a pretty good living on my own."

At that moment, the two FBI agents make their way out to the lobby and confront Darrian and Venkman...

"Your lucky I don't arrest your ass for obstruction of justice!" yells Stokes, angrily addressing Venkman.

Hilderbrant restrains his partner "Look stay out of this, alright Mr. Venkman. This is F.B.I. business. Now Dr. Dela Vega, we're working a serious case here that involves a slew of missing persons and grand theft that has some serious occultic overtones...much of it directly correlating to a lot of the bullshit you were talking about. Now we don't like to admit this most of the time, but we're in over our heads. Now we need someone whose familiar with all this weirdo, otherworldly stuff to give us some insight, and from the looks of it, you might be the guy for the job."

"All the top minds say your the foremost expert on Occult sciences and Demonology within a thousand miles. We're talking life and death here doctor, so whatya say?" asks Stokes.

Darrian raises his eyebrows, the last thing he expected was for the F.B.I. and a Ghostbuster to be fighting for his time. He turns to the two federal agents "Well since you put it that way...I'll give whatever insight I can." he than turns to Venkman "Sorry Venkman, but my civic duty calls." Darrian says as he begins to walk with the two agents.

@DrVitalePHD

• Love
Johnny chuckled as Darrian walked away. Occult sciences and Demonology in a thousands miles? Nah, there is Another. Some one far more into the subject then this kid. "Ya know, Gentlemen, He isnt the ONLY one with the knowledge of Occult sciences and Demonology with in a thousand miles. Dr. Ray Stantz not only owns a Book Store about the Occult but also is the most respected Parapsychologist here in all of the 5 Boroughs. I mean, it's totally up to you." Johnny had chuckled a little. He was going to get this kid to the Firehouse to show him around if it killed him. The Kid was good, Hell real good and Johnny knew he would be good for the team.

Johnny started to walk away slowly and his phone rang, of course it was Ray calling to see what he was doing and when he would be back.

"Johnny, Where are you? I need you back here. For some reason a few FEDs started knocking at the door. They want to talk to you and I and arent saying what it is about. Only thing they are saying is that The Ghostbusters may be needed and that there is some weird things happening around Manhattan again. I dont know Johnny but this has got to be figured out." Ray has too a deep breath, just enough time for Johnny to chime in.

"Well, Ray, I am here at NYU with a Darrian Dela-Vega and this Kid is pretty well versed on Occult sciences and Demonology, lose to you. I am trying to get the 2 FEDs who managed to corner him. I tried to get him out of there but he insisted on going with them. I dropped your name, so I will......." Just then Special Agent Hilderbrant cut him off and began to speak. Johnny deliberately made sure Ray could hear.

"Look, Dr. Venkman, We know who you are and we know your family and what they have done here for the City but ALL the research we have, Dr Dela-Vega, points to him being the top guy. Dr. Stantz isnt even in the same category as him. So....." Johnny had cut him off

"Thats because Book smarts is good but actual knowledge and actual, physical capture of said Demons is the way to be! I have no Doubt Dr. Dela-Vega is the #1 leading guy in this, but until He gets actual Demonic Possession done to him, Not once, but twice, then have him come talk to you. But Dr. Ray Stantz not only minored in The Occult but like i said, First hand Demon magnet!" Of course Ray was listening to the whole thing and Johnny put the phone back to his ear. "How was that?"

"Did you have to Mention the Possession things? I still have nightmares of Vigo here and there and then the whole Possession in 1991 wasnt fun either! And All that was over 25 years ago, So its Not fun!" Johnny laughed as the Fed just stood there baffled. He turned around and went back to Dela-Vega and Stokes as Johnny got to the Ecto-1 and opened the door. He knew something was going to happen any minute.

Darrian's widens his eyes as he puts a hand on Stokes' shoulder "You know he does have a point."

Stokes scoffs "What do you mean?"

"Gentlemen, as knowledgeable as I am in this field, Dr. Stanz does have a sizable lead on me when it comes to experience. He and Dr. Spengler were pioneers in the paranormal and absolutely brilliant scientists. If this case is as serious as you say, than it would be in your best interest to explore every resource you have." says Darrian.

"So what are you saying?" asks Hilderbrant.

"If you really want the best there ever was, it's not me...Dr. Raymond Stanz is your man. I say we take Venkman up on his offer. Put all our heads together and see what we can come up with. Besides, I'd relish the chance to collaborate with one of the original four Ghostbusters. What do you say gentlemen?" says Darrian, a smirk crossing his face.

Hilderbrant sighs hard "You sure about this?"

"You wanted my insight Agent Hilderbrant, well I'm giving it to you."

Stokes reluctantly turns back to Johnathan "Ok Venkman, we'll talk with your Dr. Stanz, lead he way. But don't try any funny business, cuz we're watching you."

@DrVitalePHD

Johnny laughed as he stood up from the Ecto-1 Driver side door "Watching Me are you? Well, I guess I am going to have to get a darker shower curtain!" Johnny laughed. "Get into ya cars, turn on ya lights and follow me!" Johnny had got into the Ecto and chuckled. He started that 1958 Cadillac Meteroa. The engine growled and grunted. It sounded like a Lion's roar. Johnny Kicked the car into gear. He put on those blue lights and that siren and started off. It took the Agents and Darrian to a second to catch up with their lights and sirens as well.

Johnny was Crazy behind the wheel. Ray taught him how to drive the Ecto which explained everything. Johnny had made his corners hard and his speeds a little crazy but He could drive the Ecto like a champ. People got out of the way when they saw the Ecto-1, its was a staple, Iconic car, Classic even. People remembered when This car, the symbol and everything else that happened during the 80's and 90's. So When they saw the Ecto, they smiled.

After about a 20 minute drive, from the speeds they were going, Johnny had pulled up in front of GBHQ. He hit the garage door opener to get the doors to open and to back the car in. Johnny Had done this 100 times so He was a pro at it. It took the Agents a few minutes to catch up So as Johnny got out of the car Ray had spoken to him.

"So, Did ya get this Darrian Dela-Vega kid? Hmm? He working with us?" Ray was enthusiastic about recruiting new People. He sat on the old receptionists desk and looked at Johnny

"Well, I might have him. Unfortunately, Getting him also attracted the F.B.I. An Agent Stokes and Special Agent Hilderbrant. Apparently Some crazy Cult shit has been going down and they wanted Dela-Vega to talk to them but apparently Mr. Dela-Vega has an obsession with your work, So i invited them all here to talk to you Uncle Ray" Johnny laughed and fluttered his eye lashes. Ray just looked at him and shook his head.

"You Know I Hate the Feds! Especially since we used to be on a Government contracts and Used to have a Liaison following us around! The Stupid Girl even got herself slimed by the slime blower because she wouldn't get out of the way! We lost that Contract because she bitched too much. Other then that, I hate the Feds!" Ray seemed none to pleased but Business was Business. Just as Ray finished talking, Darrian Dela-Vega, Special Agent Hilderbrant and Agent Stokes walked into the Firehouse

@Chris_Reaper