Ghost Stories (ANIME) Script Was So Bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

You’re gonna carry that weight.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Omnipresent
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Open to anything, but particularly enjoy gothic horror, urban fantasy, science fiction, post-apocalypse, and steampunk.
... the dubbers ended up scrapping the original script and making THEIR OWN LINES UP. This is a real, official anime dub that was released on DVD by ADV Films.

The highlights:

I like the Christian Girl, because she reminds me of everyone at the school I go to!

Translations which are exclusively subtitled are often notoriously lazy. (Ex: "You die when you are killed!") Don't even get me started on fan subs.
Said it once, say it again... :ferret:

I fuckin' love this. I might just go buy the DVD's for this, it sounds like an amazing show to watch with a couple friends and some vodka.

Terribly hilarious?

Or hilariously terrible?

Not sure. Cracked me up though.

Oh God I love this dub! XD

This is one of the best things I've ever seen. I remember watching it with my friends one time, forgetting about it, coming back to it and realizing just how great it was.

The best thing is that the dub is more expensive than the original, just because people loved it so much.

This makes me think of the Crayon Shin-chan dubs. Though those dubs were more so that the humor would translate for English speaking audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.