'Til I see you again.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh [2x]

'Til I see you again,
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
'Til I see you again, whoa
'Til I see you again,

Said goodbye turned around
And you were gone, gone, gone.

Shuasten, Georgia, otherwise known as Smalltown, USA, is a place unknown and unacknowledged by the rest of the world. A town made up of your typical middle class Americans (except they were, perhaps, kinder and more true to their town), where you could leave your car doors unlocked wherever you went. Kindness was high, crime rates low, deaths practically non-existant. So you can see why the loss of Diana Lynch, your typical all American girl, caused such an uproar, was such a devastation. They said at the time that they'd never recover, but they let go, as happens in all deaths.

They say letting go is the best thing you can do; for the deceased and yourself. It's the most healthy thing to do, and you can let their memory live on in peace. But it's not as easy as one might think, especially if you're close to the deceased. That's why Diana's best friend, a usually lively and energetic girl, didn't do so.

It wasn't that she didn't try; She tried more than anyone else did. But she couldn't let go. She denied counseling, falling into a well-disguised depression within a week of Diana's death. No one suspected. To the outside world, it seemed she was getting along fine, having let go. But she never did let go, which everyone failed to see.

Everyone, that is, except Diana herself, watching from a place betweeen Heaven and Hell, waiting for her funeral in order to move on, as does everyone after death. But her funeral, which commences a week after her death, leaves her uncomfortable, concerned about her friend, who she could see wasn't handling it well, which went unnoticed to everyone else attending the service.

Diana couldn't bring herself to leave for Heaven when she knew her friend was suffering so. It pained her even to consider it. As though reading her thoughts, which certainly described the situation accurately, an angel appeared to her, granting her a phantom body in which only her best friend (unless she chose otherwise) could see her. She was solid, just unharmable.

Meanwhile, her friend is visiting her grave continuously, only leaving to sleep and eat. It's a particularly stormy night, just a day after the Saturday funeral, when Diana reappears by her grave in the mortal world. Her best friend catches a glimpse of her, but believes she is only hallucinating, and drives home through the storm. but Diana is waiting for her when she gets home.

Diana's goal is to put her friend to peace, get her to let go, for their own good. But her best friend refuses to do so, and Diana's presence only makes it worse, even though, at first, she still believes it's all a hallucination.

This is the story of two best friends, preparing to part for a lifetime, yet not truely wishing to do so.

Character Sheet
Name: (full)
Appearance: (anime pic, realistic pic, or description)
Traits: (five minimum)
Other: (optional)

Diana Florinda Lynch
Sixteen || Female || The Deceased

long-hair-beach-girl-girl-beach-long-hair-hair-Favim.com-202595_large.jpg

Shy || Sweet || Caring || Quiet || Loving

Name: Zoe Ruby Meadows
Appearance:

imagesBM9JU9YY.jpg

Traits:

• Can get overly-attached to anything she has had for over a year
  • Not that good with technology
  • Can cook
  • Determined
  • Loves Nature
Other:
  • can't go to sleep without a stuffed animal
  • Use to smile at everyone

((Okay. How about we start just before Diana dies? She's going to be in a car accident on her way home from a gym meet. Maybe she's on the phone with Zoe before and during the car wreck? If that's all right with you? c; ))

Grinning broadly, Diana crawls into her lime green car, casting her purple gym bag over onto the passenger's seat. Buckling up, she takes a moment to admire her gold medal before hanging it on her rearview mirror for all to see. It might not be her first medal -- not by a long shot -- but she values each award she is fortunate enough to win. For she is not by far the only skilled gymnast in this region of Georgia. Not by a longshot. But she prides herself in being one of the top.

Turning the key in the car's ignition, keychain rattling as she does so, she pulls out of the parking lot, glancing at the digital clock on the radio. Eleven seventeen. Frowning deeply, Diana shoots her cell phone a glance out of the corner of her eye. It's dark, it's late, she really should focus on driving. But she had promised she'd call Zoe with the result. Sure, at the time she thought the competition would be over at ten, but one of the judges had been big-time liate. Again. The thrd time this year. But surely her friend is expecting her call.

Finally, Diana blocks out her better thoughts, picking up the phone and pressing Zoe's contact swiftly, placing the phone between her right ear and shoulder tightly. Both eyes on the road, both hands on the wheel, she waits for the ringing to stop. When it does, she speaks without giving her friend a chance. "Guess who's bringing home the gold tonight!"

Zoe was just decided the dinner she would prepare for her mom, dad, and her little brother Dace. Her brother's favorite, Pizza. Not just any old pizza ,strangely, he loves Hawaiian pizza. Zoe walks over to the kitchen at a slow pace. Just as she reaches the kitchen , she hears her phone play the default ringtone that she never knew how to change. "UGH!" She yells but that doesn't stop her from rushing to get the phone. Checking the caller ID she sees it's her friend Diana that should've called an hour ago. "Diana's late" she thinks as she presses the answer button. As puts the phone up to her ear and automatically she hears "Guess who's bringing home the gold tonight!". "It's obviously you!" She replies with the same amount of excitement.

((Sorry. :/ This is the first I've had the chance to log on today...))

"It's obviously you!" Diana grins at the excitement in her friend's voice. Diana can only imagine Zoe bouncing up and down with uncontained euphoria, her family looking on quizzically, maybe with a tad bit of annoyance, too as the teenage girl clutches at her cell phone with pure, unmasked exciteability. Diana laughs inwardly to herself without trying it. Typical Zoe, there.

"You're always so supportive," Diana says appreciatively. "It's really no big deal when you've been doing this as much as I have," she insists modestly. It's not untrue, after all. She had joined gymnastics at age four, inspired by her elder cousin Rebecca, sixteen at the time. Even now, Rebecca is her biggest, most enthusiastic supporter. Well, aside from Zoe herself, anyway.

She frowns at the sight of a swerving car up ahead in the other land. Someone isn't paying attention to what their doing. The fool could end up hurting themselves or someone else! Retards, she thinks to herself with an eyeroll, returning her gaze to the road ahead of her, jaw set.

"You're always so supportive." Zoe hears over the phone as she walks back to the kitchen from the living room with the phone in her left hand."It's really no big deal when you've been doing this as much as I have." Zoe rolls her eyes with a smile on her face. She knows that Diana is just being humble like always. It's not easy getting a gold in a gymnastics competition. You need to work for years to get the strength to be able to multiple backflips and to swing yourself around on the bars. That isn't something you can do in one night like making a meal.

"Do you have any highlights from tonight's competition since I wasn't able to make it?" Zoe asks as she takes out the tomato sauce that's in a can from the pantry next to the fridge. She wasn't able to make it tonight due to her mom working late at the local Walmart since that's the latest shift. So as a result, she had to pick up her brother from his swimming practice and ride home with the smell of chlorine in the air and slowly being engrained in the seats of her new silver Toyota.

"Do you have any highlights from tonight's competition since I wasn't able to make it?" Diana stifles a laugh at the obvious excitement in her best friend's voice. "Look, Zoe, I'm kinda on the road right now and the idiots are out tonight. Although, how about I treat you to lunch tomorrow at the local cafe, our favorite resturant? I'll pay for all of it. Actually, you could even spend tomorrow night at my house, just pack your bag and -- "

Diana breaks off, her brow furrowing as she eyes the swerving car in the other lane. Disgust crowwing her face as she turns her gaze back to the road ahead, "Look, I'm sorry Zoe, but I have to go right now. There's this idiot who I don't think even knows how to -- OH MY GOD!!!"

The swerving car from the other lane suddenly speeds up, crossing the center barrier purposefully. Dropping her phone, Diana jerks at her wheel in a desperate attempt to try to get out of the way, but the other car manages to somehow ram into the driver's door anyway. Head banging against her steering wheel, Diana hasn't the time for another thought before she looses conciousness.

((If you want Diana to have been killed in the crash instantly, you can TS to the graveyard on the day Diana returns. If you want her to die later, in the hospital, you can TS to Zoe coming to visit her right before she dies.
blum.gif
I can't decide which, so I'm leaving it 100% up to you. xD))

"Diana...Diana...Why?" Zoe sobbed at her grave. "I thought we were going out to lunch and have a sleepover. So why is fate so cruel?" It's been a week since Diana died and 4 days since she was buried. Day after day, Zoe would visit her grave and stay there for hours at a time just crying and remembering her. She still remembers what ran through her head as she was getting hit.

"Look, I'm sorry Zoe, but I have to go right now. There's this idiot who I don't think even knows how to -- OH MY GOD!!!" She heard over the phone. "Diana? DIANA! Are you okay?" Zoe questioned as she worried. "Can you hear me?" The phone started to produce crumbling sounds before cutting off and playing the beeps numerous times. "She's okay." She reassured herself but in her heart she knew that it was a bad omen.

"Maybe if our conversation didn't happen, you would still be here." Zoe said aloud as it started to rain. "I should go but I don't want to." She thought as she rearranged the flowers she brought. After a few more minutes of incontrollable crying, she slowly walked to her Toyota with her head down. After getting in the car and starting it, she started to drive off. One thing that was always on her mind while driving "These stupid people took away Diana."

"
I'm home." Zoe shouted in a sad manner. No one responded. Zoe sighed and dragged her feet to her room while looking down. After reaching her room, she took off her shoes next to the door and placed the keys onto their respective hook. Zoe then looked up only to find a familiar face next to her bed. Diana.

Darkness surronds her, total and impenetrable. She seems to be floating, but she is unsure of how she got here, into this state. Who is she, anyway? The information seems to have been drained from her completely. And that's when the ghosts come.

Okay, so not ghosts, really. More like transluctant, semi-solid scenes and people, moving around at record speed. A baby with a pink headband being craddled by her mother... A toddler in a purple dress crying when she falls off her bike... A little girl waving vigorously to her mother out the window as the school bus takes her away... A tween girl at the swimming pool with her friends... A teenager pulling on a leotard... A teenager driving in the night, just before another car comes crashing into her...

Diana inhales sharply, falling to her knees in the midst of the darkness. She wears a short, silvery dress exactly like the one she had been wearing at the gymnastics competition the day of the crash, with no shoes. Her hair is in a single braid down her back, reaching to her waist and secured with a purple bow. After some effort, she finds her voice, speaking one echoing phrase: "The car crash. My family. Zoe."

A chuckle sounds from behind her. "Interesting... Most of them ask if they're really dead."

Diana turns briskly, seeing a beautiful young woman with pale skin, black hair, and crystalline blue eyes. She dons a trailing white dress trimmed with gold, a wreath of white flowers in her hair. A pair of white wings sprout from her back, shrounding her almost unnaturally tall body. She shimmers with an unseen radiance.

Studying the angel intensely, Diana struggles to her feet. "But I know I'm dead," she says quietly. "Even then, I knew what was happening. And I'm not worried, or disbelieving." She adverts her gaze slightly. "But my family... Zoe..."

The angel woman smiles slightly. "She cares very much for you. Your death will not be easy on her." Seeing the stricken look on Diana's face, the woman gains a sympathetic look in her eyes. "It's okay to cry, Diana."

And Diana cried.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Diana watches Zoe from behind an old masoleum deeper in the graveyard. She gives a sigh. Valentina -- the angel woman -- had been right; Zoe hasn't been taking the death of Diana herself very well at all. Her pain had been apparent throughout the weeks, her sorrow, her despair. The usually bubbly girl had turned introverted and silent in less than a month, seemingly brooding from Diana's view on high. It had been hard to watch, even though technically she didn't have to watch her best friend's despair. But how could she enjoy the fruits of Heaven when her fried was suffering so? Such would be unthinkable, surely! And Lord Elohim seemed to understand, too. He had offered her the chance to help her friend, and she had jumped at such an oppurtunity. How could she say no?

When Zoe finally turns to leave, Diana wills herself into her friend's home, and it appears before her instantaneously. Smiling at the familiar bedroom, Diana runs her semi-transluctant hand over the windowsill, peering out into the rain. Luckily for her, no one's home right now. Fortunate, but who knows why really? A miracle? Perhaps. Sighing, Diana lays back on her friend's bed and closes her eyes, feeling herself drift off. (Not that she needs sleep, but still.)

Diana sits up when the door opens, watching Zoe carefully, not saying a single word. And then it happens. The girl sees her.

"Hello, Zoe."

"Hello, Zoe." The supposedly dead Diana said. Zoe continued to stare in disbelief for seconds before falling down to her knees. "How Diana? How are you here?" Zoe managed to ask. It's only normal to question. In this world, there is no such thing as ghost. Also in this world, Zoe's beloved friend Diana is gone and her body is resting in a coffin underground at a cemetery. Knowing all these things, there is no possible way for her friend to be in her room so...why?

Diana watches her friend in silence as she falls to her knees and covers her face. Oops. Maybe she should've been a little more subtle at first. The last thing she needs is to cause her friend a heart attack or a fainting spell, surely. And then she would've felt absolutely terrible, and her task would be ten times harder. And it's already going to be quite hard, she knows. Starting with this part here -- the revalations. For she knows that she must guard what she tells her friend, lest she be pulled back into the afterlife for revealing too much. And that wouldn't do. That wouldn't do at all. She'd be relestless, never finding peace knowing her friend is still suffering and that she had blown her chance to help her.

"That's just a little hard to explain," Diana says softly, as not to startle the girl before her. "But right now, I need to know what you're thinking, Zoe. Surely you think yourself insane, seeing me here in the clothes I died in? Surely you doubt that this is really happening? Surely you're afraid?" She draws to the foot of the bed, looking down at the shocked girl. "What's going through your head right now, Zoe Meadows? Don't leave anything out, either. Surely you can trust me with this knowledge? Surely you can trust your best friend?"

"What's going through your head right now, Zoe Meadows? Don't leave anything out, either. Surely you can trust me with this knowledge? Surely you can trust your best friend?" Zoe heard that and it snapped her out of her thoughts. "You should be dead. But if that's true, there's no way you would be standing here before me. Diana, are you really not dead or are you an hallucination?" Zoe started strongly but only went down soon reaching tears. Zoe thoughts went from not possible to not dead to not real.

Diana studies the girl carefully before letting out a sigh. She stands up, moving over to the desk all while carefully avoiding touching Zoe. The poor girl. She had wished not to do this, to prove herself to her friend in this startling way... But, alas; it is quite unavoidable at this point. She opens the desk drawer, rummaging around for Zoe's scissors. Finally, her hands fell around the blades. Slowly retracting the tool and gripping it by the handles, Diana looks straight at her disbelieving friend.

"If I were a hallucination, Zoe, could I do this?" she hurls the tool at the wall, where the blade embeds intself. Without a word, she clambers across the room and jerks the scissors from the wall, rubbing her fingers over the long mark in the wall. "There," she says matter-of-factly. "As long as that mark remains, you'll believe in me. As for not really being dead..."

Diana turns the blade around to face her chest, all while keeping her gaze locked on Zoe. "And if I weren't really dead, could I do this?" Without hesitation, she embedds the blade in her own chest, where her heart should've been beating. All the while, she doesn't flinch, and no blood wells. "Well, Zoe? Could I?"

Zoe watches the phenomenon happen in front of her with a dumbfounded face. "Well, Zoe? Could I?" Diana directed the question. "I...Uh...Umm..." Zoe tried to fabricate a sentence but was unable to. She was still in shock. Diana is here, well at least her soul. She was ghost and that's the only explanation. "She's a ghost but why is she here? Did I do something bad?" Zoe questioned in her head. "Either way, now that she is here, we can have so much fun again." Zoe gets off her knees and is now standing up properly. "Diana." Zoe started looking her in the eyes. "I believe you. I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong for you to come back. I mean it, but now that you are here. We can have so much fun like before, right?" Zoe said with a smile filled with hope.

Diana removes the scissors from her chest, leaving both her body and the tool unscathed as she marvels at Zoe's semi-frightened reaction at her tactics. Who could see such an extraordinary happening such as this and be so… mild about it? She hadn’t even jumped when she stabbed herself… Unless she still believed herself to merely be insane. Which, Diana is forced to admit to herself, is actually a possibility. Maybe even more than a possibility.

"Diana." The deceased girl looks at her friend silently at the sound of her name, shocked to see a giddy, almost childish smile over the girl’s face.. "I believe you. I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong for you to come back. I mean it, but now that you are here. We can have so much fun like before, right?"

Smiling sympathetically at her friend, Diana lets out a deep sigh. “You didn’t do anything wrong, Zoe,” she says quietly. “You’re the best friend any girl could ask for. I didn’t come back because of something you did to me; I came back because of what you’re doing to yourself. I’m not worth paining yourself like this, I’m not worth you giving up on your lives, your dreams.” A truly sad smile crosses her face. “And I’m afraid we can’t. Only you can see me; people would think you insane if they caught you talking to your dead friend’s ghost. I can interact with objects, as you saw, but I’m only semi corporeal. I can’t do the things we used to do, I’m afraid.”

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Zoe,” Diana says quietly. “You’re the best friend any girl could ask for. I didn’t come back because of something you did to me; I came back because of what you’re doing to yourself. I’m not worth paining yourself like this, I’m not worth you giving up on your lives, your dreams and I’m afraid we can’t. Only you can see me; people would think you insane if they caught you talking to your dead friend’s ghost. I can interact with objects, as you saw, but I’m only semi corporeal. I can’t do the things we used to do, I’m afraid.” Turns out the smile on Zoe's face was temporary as it fades away at Diana's words. This is Zoe's choice. What's so wrong? Zoe walks over to her bed to lay down. She covers her eyes with her hand, only to mutter.

"If that's so, then I'm afraid you're stuck here forever. I am not going to let my friend go. That's something I can't do even for that friend."

"If that's so, then I'm afraid you're stuck here forever. I am not going to let my friend go. That's something I can't do even for that friend."

Diana frowns slightly to herself. Of course, she had never expected it to be as easy as that; it probably would’ve hurt her to think that her friend could be convinced that quickly. So in some ways, she is thankful, yet in others… Well, Zoe could be the one getting hurt if this all keeps up. Yet, at the same time…

“Calm down, please,” she tells the girl desperately, knowing very well that her family might be home any minute now. “I didn’t say that I can’t stay for a little while, you know,” she says pointedly. “I can have a few days back here, I think. We didn’t know what was going to happen to me then, but…” Diana smiles a shaky smile. “Maybe now we can make up for that lack of knowledge? Don’t you think, Zoe? You’ll just have to be extra careful not to let on to anything, unless you want to go to counseling.” But then again, perhaps that girl should go to counseling. Diana’s smile fades slightly at the thought.

“Calm down, please, I didn’t say that I can’t stay for a little while, you know, I can have a few days back here, I think. We didn’t know what was going to happen to me then, but…maybe now we can make up for that lack of knowledge? Don’t you think, Zoe? You’ll just have to be extra careful not to let on to anything, unless you want to go to counseling.” Zoe turns over onto her stomach and hugs her stuffed elephant she hasn't been able to let go of either, Mr. Gashi. "Don't worry about me. I'm glad you are here even if it's for a little while." Zoe says with a smile. "It's been one rollercoaster of emotions so I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when it's seven o'clock. I need to start cooking then." Zoe then starts snuggling with Mr.Gashi. Zoe wasn't falling asleep though. That was a lie. The truth is that she needs to think over everything that's been said and proven.

"Don't worry about me. I'm glad you are here even if it's for a little while. It's been one rollercoaster of emotions so I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when it's seven o'clock. I need to start cooking then." With that, the girl clutches at her elephant; the one Diana had always associated with her, even in her early life.

After a brief bout of hesitation, Diana bites her lip and gives her friend a short nod, pulling the door closed behind her and allowing herself to disappear into nothingness. Gliding down the halls soundlessly, she wonders vaguely about what her parents are doing right now. Her mother had cried every single day since her daughter’s death, but Diana can clearly see that her mother is making healthy, adequate progress on her own, unlike Zoe.

At the thought of her friend, Diana lets out a deep sigh. Zoe’s going to prove difficult, to say the very least. The girl thinks that her friend had returned for quality time but in reality… Well, Diana fears if she spends that time with Zoe, she might never have it in her heart to go back. Not good. Not good at all. But at this point, what else can she do? She’ll just have to break it to Zoe slowly, as not to send the teenaged girl backpedaling down the road of emotions once more. This is going to take quite some thought, that’s for sure.

"Ghost are real. Diana is back. Diana is a ghost." Zoe states the facts in her head. "Diana can't stay. Diana is here to get me to move on. Diana is only here for a few days." Zoe curls up into a ball and pulls in her elephant close to her chest. "Ahhh...I can't understand. If she can come back as a ghost, then why can't she stay here? If only there was a way to keep her here." Zoe thinks even more. Zoe then comes up with possible situations where Diana can stay but none seem possible. When she finally gives up for the day, Zoe looks up at the clock that's above the mark from the scissor that flew earlier. It's six forty-three. Zoe's eyes then looks down at the mark.

"As long as that mark remains, you'll believe in me. As for not really being dead..."
The words ring through Zoe's head resulting her to shake her head. Zoe then gets off her bed. After, placing her stuffed elephant down on the bed carefully, she gives it a pat on the head and walk out the room and into the hall. Zoe sees Diana in the hall wandering around. Knowing no one is in the house still Zoe says "Diana, I need help deciding what to cook. Can you help me?" in hopes that she can spend lots of time with Diana for the days she is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.