Getting Over Someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it takes time:
  1. Half the length of the relationship
  2. One week for every month you were together
  3. Exactly ten thousand drinks, however long that takes
  4. The length of a series of steps... from their bed to the door! BAM! Outta there - NEXT!

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
As far as my experiences go... There are two solutions that have worked out.

Sex. Copious amounts of no strings attached physical relationships of the moment. I wish I was kidding but I am not. The idea of telling someone suffering heartbreak "Well sweetie, you should slut it out." is mad inappropriate, but it's an emotional outlet, confidence booster, plus physical activity releases chemicals that make us happy. On that note, working out is also something you could focus on. Hit the gym a lot, wear track shorts to run your life back on track. Shape up your abs/ass/etcetera so it's easier to fall back on the first option. I don't know it helped me out. This is my 1000th post and this is where I'm going with it?

Another is purpose. Find some passion you can pursue. Something that will make you proud of achieving it. I've not met a single person recently falling out of a relationship thinking they're on top of the world. Sure some people yell really hard about how happy they are that their now-ex is out of their life, but we all know what's really going down. What people need is a goal to work towards, something they can put a lot of good energy in and take a lot of good energy from. Sure we need to pull out our romcoms and Ben&Jerry's for that initial wave, but you can't fight the lingering feelings with Notting Hill and ice cream. The way to fight a lingering feeling is to move forward, so a passion to pursue and change things up helps us focus on something positive and build that confidence back up over time.

This is honestly becoming my c/p advice; find a goal to pursue and also work out. It's simple but it helps out, so much.

Best way to get over everything:
8db02790ad2cfb19ad0df922935beb3c264869634adefe8f0586fc645a1970e2.jpg

Or if you're my age:
grumpy-cat-has-a-snickers-advert.jpg

The one time I had to get over something like that, I did it quick and easy enough that it was kind of crazy. I just had a couple hours of feeling shitty and playing video games to mindlessly smash things, plus thoughts along the lines of "well, fuck it, it's done with, ain't no use being sad about it, fucking waste of energy to be sad," then I was totally fine.

This is where it boils a lot more down to "Depends on the specifics" because one's reaction to a situation varies on the circumstances.
But generally the same philosophy still applies, find someone else, keep your hopes high, respect yourself, don't let others bring you down.
Especially don't let someone try to take some 'moral high ground' and talk down to you or make you feel like the sole bad guy. If you want to escape bad relationships and enter good ones you need to respect yourself, and form relationships with those who will respect you as well.
It just dawned on me that I forgot to note something there.

If the relationship one is getting over was cruel, harmful, abusive and/or manipulative by nature often the best manner could be to cut off contact.
This is for both physical safety and to mental sanity, because clinging onto/staying in contact with such a person can often act a road block to getting over it.
Cause you're constantly re-exposed to them and giving them more chances to trick/lull you back into said relationship by playing on one's feelings for them.

Figure out what I did wrong and improve those aspects of me.

"Well shit, they're gone? They're gone... They're gone. Damn."

Typically I would just shoulder the burden and carry on. If it's someone I really care about, I might go on a couple night drinking binges with friends. Beyond that? I've had someone I really cared for in my life stare too long at death's scythe. I know what loss is like, deep, personal loss, and I know how to manage the pain of it.

You get one life. If someone leaves you, they're not good or evil: They simply weren't meant to be. Keep treading on, you'll survive. Keep pursuing your passions. Keep reading books, keep watching films, keep playing games, keep creating art, keep writing stories. Keep the elements of yourself which you love, focus on them, and realize that all pain is finite, no matter how much it hurts now. :ferret:

Reactions: Kagayours
I got back together with her :D

*melodrama mode* I get pissed, I tell them boys off, then I go and cry until I hear advice from my Mom who tells me those bitches don't deserve me. THEN I proceed to tell off the boy who called me on my Dad's number just to say (and I quote), "Man, baby you ugly. I'm breakin' up with chu." THEN I proceed to tell him off in front of his friends never to see his face again. Immature silly boy couldn't even tell me I'm ugly to my face... *end melodrama mode*

One of my ex long distance friends lied to me about her name and pretended to be another person. She was a great person, but after I heard that, it took me a long time to get over it because she felt like the only person in the world who understood me and myself. I didn't get pissed but I was pretty upset and disappointed. Another ex friend from high school was too selfish and stuck up to bother trying to go to form events and/or hangout days to go to the movies or hang out with me on my birthday because she was 'busy' every year.

Everyone misses out on me because they think I'm stupid.

You made this joke better than I did.

Hats off to you, sir.
I legit thought your post was saying "tissues for mopping up your tears and obsessively binge-watching tv to distract yourself", because that always makes me feel better. >__>

Time.

No matter what you try to do to force yourself to get over someone, the only thing that works is time.

I legit thought your post was saying "tissues for mopping up your tears and obsessively binge-watching tv to distract yourself", because that always makes me feel better. >__>

That can be the G rated interpretation. :)

I work out. And I have sex. Like Kestrel said, sex will pump you with feel good chemicals. Working out does that to. Working out also lets you put anger and other feelings and pretty much have them expelled trough physical labour. Other then that. Time.

... My momma and daddy did not have hot, lewd sex in order for me to pop out 9 months later to suffer some ol' bullshit. Thassit.

Reactions: K3l
Wait.

There will be emus in the zone.

Dance! Dance!

Dance...dance... dance.

The asylum guards sway, their nightsticks tapping out a rhythm on the sterile floors. Left right, backstep, shuffle. They fade. The patients rise, all in white, mad hair splayed at awkward angles like their limbs. They spin and cavort, suddenly synchronizing, then falling apart again.

Bodies writhe, the stage is sensuous. Another pass of guards. Slide tap slide. We rise and pirouette.

Their hands click in time, stooping as they approach, light upon ivory faces to the edge of the stage. In the back, the fat monster swirls, tangled in prison coveralls, moaning his delirium. Flesh has muffled all his cries, but on twinkletoes he turns.

Rags and prison-ropes, ball and chain, passed from hand to hand around him. Over and under they dance, till they are wrapped.

Clink of chain, the patients roll. There is juggling of pills, fingers drum on plastic food trays. The guards change hats and we come together. Take your partner for the dance and fit the straight jackets with loved embrace. Fix the straps, clip the buttons, we are set.

Pause. The stage frozen. All is still....

The ringmistress, resplendent in leather. She poses, her bosom barely contained, blonde hair tumbling from beneath her top hat. Oh beautiful she is, lithe and ripe to touch.

He's my baby...

The Egyptian orchestra soars, strings and brass filling the auditorium. We stir in time, majestic sweeps and straightjackets trail from arms and legs. But the circus has already taken the stage and throw their fire and cartwheels. The monkeys perch in the corners, black... so very black... and watch us all with sinister calm. We can only scream behind them. Pyramids where the players stand, the Nile swells its sodden load, and echoes in the desert. A music box sits with the monkeys, ting ting ting.

Tap tap, slide tap slide slide tap tap....

The psychiatrists and consultants walk in two lines, curving outwards, spinning, feet struck upon the stage, glasses slide the bridge of their noses. In time they resettle, clutch clipboards to their chest, turn and move with corporate walk, beep beep goes the phones, answer, bridge slide the nose.

The lion undresses his golden fleece, his every move provocative, the silk and satin falling. The monkeys find you and stare, so black so very black. You'll see them soon in chambers and alcoves, nesting in the chests of elephants who no longer care.

Pause. The stage frozen. No one moves.

They twitch, but stop again.

Wait...

He's my baby...

Alarm bells ring... a riot.. a riot.

The orchestra stirs to make the ceiling sway. The crucifix rises, trunks of wood lashed with rope, rising, lifting, straightening between the dancing fools. It catches on the stage lights, wreathed in red and gold, the spotlights turn their heads.

A crucifix a crucifix, a cross of wood and rope. Almost there now. It's lifting, lifting, lifting, oh god yes, it's lifting. Clunk, it straightens, standing proud. It's there. The guards and patients and doctors and elephants come to help, the mound ecstatic.

Almost there... the monolith rises. Almost there, almost there.

Alarms.

Slam crash the patients and the guards beat against the walls, shaking the rooms of the asylum, rattling bars and hammering chairs. A riot a riot! We shake the walls. Bang, bang, the drums of madness and the circus tightrope. Bang bang, clash clash. The Eqyptians fold beneath the fire and the Ring Mistress smiles wide-mouthed in leather and lace.

Benedict looked ahead, blinking as his hands and ankles took the weight of the nails. An icy breeze swept around the courtyard, mauling his half-naked body.

Not a bad day to be crucified, when all was said and done.

Wait...

He's my baby...

How do I get over someone?

I cry, sleep and keep moving. I don't allow myself any time to slack off, or a chance to give up.

When I broke up with my first boyfriend, I cried my eyes out the first few days, and then had a general depressed mood for the months that followed. I don't cope well with those things :(

But to be honest, my worst 'break up' wasn't with my boyfriend, but with my best friend... He cut our friendship for his girlfriend, and I didn't take it well. I opened up a shooter videogame, and finished it in under a day. Never had such a long headshot streak in my life. Gooood I needed to take the anger out of me.

Some years after that, I realized I'm way better off without him. He turned out to be quite sick in the head, with a couple of crimes under his arm. He even called me by phone, some years after our friendship ended, to harass me and threaten me over the phone. :(

Well typically I tend to not let them leave my life. Often times I would pull them back in and then chop them up into little bits. I take my time doing this though, I wish to savior the moment for whatever it was that they did to me. There's a bunch of tress behind my house and I tend to take them out there and then to this old shed that's back there. It was part of a home, but it appears no one has lived there for years. Often I duck tape their mouths so no one can hear their screams of torture as I kill them. Breaking limbs and knee caps with a hammer is rather stress releasing. Taking my time to chop off each toe and finger, then searing it off with a metal rod I had heated up so they can't bleed out on me. Sometimes I'll get in the mood and just do countless nicks and cuts on them until I grow bored and slit their throat, watching the life leave their eyes. Once they are dead I remove all of the organs and skin and what not until the bones remain. All the squashie parts I just throw into a bag and set on fire, I enjoy the charred smell. The bones are a bitch and I tend to break them down until they are basically ash. The process takes awhile so I only do it when I have the spare time so no one would notice. If I'm feeling extra frisky I'll take some meat home and cook it up for dinner or something.

In all seriousness though I just listen to music and write. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.