Getting Into the Character

These are all so great! I love these ideas! I use OneNote all the time man, it is my brain!

I put myself into any character I write up. But the names I use are usually my go to pair. Leon Corvinus and Victor Markov. I typically mold my characters around the story and infuse my creation with an aspect of myself

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
There are times I will infuse an aspect of my personality in with a character. I do this so, I can have some example of how their personality is. :D

I typically do it all its easier to jump into my character's head. Lol kinda like I'm put on a VR set where I am actually there.

• Love
I tend to think about who the character is. Name, age, present state of being. How the character views themselves.
What's they're objective. What they want in that moment or on a larger scale and how that informs them and who they are maybe what led to that particular objective. What kind of clothing they're wearing. Are they tired. etc. etc.
I really like to analyze who they are totally. And once I can sort of relate to them as a person I feel like I just sort of slip on their skin and write.
I dunno if that made any sense haha.

• Love
I get rid of outside distractions, listen to some sounds (wind, rain, a fireplace, whatever best fits the "mood" I'm aiming for) and write. Failing that, I write out a list of things that needs to happen in the scene. Like so.

--Protagonist talks to Bethany.
--Protagonist mentions something about how they need to leave the inn.
--Protagonist suggests leaving the inn.
--Protagonist leaves the inn.

If I order the actions I need to complete, it can make it easier to write it out. Even if it feels uninspired, it's at least coherent.