Getting By

Status
Not open for further replies.
John unfolded the map, fought with the creases, discovered he was holding it upside down, turned it, realized he had it right the first time, and started looking over the complex web of black, red, and blue lines on a large field of yellow.

"Alexia, you know I'm terrible at this," he said as he continued turning the map in his hand. Maybe he had it sideways. "If you let me navigate we'll wind up on train tracks or something - Are you sure this is an Oregon map? This kind of looks like Washington - Oh, wait. Nevermind. It says Oregon on the top."

John saw varying symbols for lodging and food, and wondered if he was onto something.

"Hey, according to this little 'attractions' column," he pointed to a small rectangle next to the map on the page, listing various places and brief descriptions of them, "according to this, there's a 'home-grown' barbeque place, and a Comfort Inn...somewhere in this state. Which of these little lines is the road?" he asked pointing to the crazy mess on his paper. "Are we close?"

With a smile of thanks towards her sister she reached in her lap glancing between them and were she was driving. Finally deciding on a cd she liked Nyla put it in the cd player turning the volume up to 20 and the bass on high. "Ah nothing like a chick screaming, I do love 'in this moment'." she mumbled as she began to search through the tracks for her favorite one. "ah-ha I can be your whore, found it!" she said excitedly as she started to sing along with the music.

Alexia couldn't help but laugh at Johns attempt at reading the map in the back. It was the main reason she had thrown the paper at him in the first place. She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. She cringed when the music started to bang, her head banging right along with it. She reached up and turned it down to ten with a pointed look in Nyla's direction.

"Ow." She grumbled before looking back at the map and rubbing at her forehead. "Why do we need a comfort inn?" she asked John as she continued to scan the map in her lap. She reached into the glove box and drew out a highlighter before she circled a spot that looked interesting. She looked up and turned back towards the man in the back, eyebrow raised.

John shrugged. "You mentioned a bath. Last I checked, Comfort Inns had those. And what are the chances of us finding a hot spring? The Inn might have a hot tub. We could strip down, have a nice soak...maybe the pool's still clean and we can go for a swim. Plus those things have bedsheets and towels and usually vending machines. We can resupply while we're there."

He shrugged again. "But if you'd rather sleep on the ground instead of a nice bed with soft pillows and a high thread count in the sheets, and you'd rather cut up and clean a deer yourself instead of raiding the local restaurants, then I guess we can just ignore it and find somewhere to do things the hard way."

He gave a fake disappointed sigh and stared out at the terrain around them. It was a real challenge hiding his smile from them. Of course, all that resupply stuff sounded great, but what he really looked forward to was the idea of skinny dipping with one, or both, of the girls. It might get them to forget they were mad at him.

Nyla pouted at her sister for turning down the music sometimes her sister was odd , she could shoot a gun and be around the explosives but loud music hurt her ears. She shook her head her sister really was confusing sometimes. "Make up your minds you two, safe forest with spring or hotel with possible danger." The hotel did sound really appealing but could they risk having John get hurt again? as she pondered the thought as she waited for the two of them to make up there minds.

Alexia rolled her eyes at the man in the back of the truck before she refocused her eyes on the map up front of her.

"Problem 1 with the hotel: What if it's not hot?" She asked, referring to the electricity. "And if it is, then who's turf is it and can we take them?" She asked as she circled another spot on the map. "Problem 2: It may have already been raided. And Problem 4: If the hotel isn't hot then why would we want to raid spoiled food?" She asked with a wry grin. She looked over at her sister, she actually preferred the camping out to the hotel, but she felt she had to be fair.

"Problem 1 with the campout: What if the territory is already taken over?" She asked and paused. "Problem 2: Do you really want to sleep in the truck bed and share blankets with John?" She teased the redhead. Sure, they'd done it before. But it got fairly…awkward at times. She shook her head quickly before she tapped her map. "There's an old ski lodge here, it's fairly remote and it looks like there's a hotspring sight not all that far away from it. We could go to the springs, wash up then head back towards the lodge?" She suggested.

John hadn't considered the idea of others already being there. He kept forgetting that one bullet to either of the two girls in the right place would leave them down for the count. He'd put them in danger once already this morning. He didn't want to get them in trouble again at night. Although he did take offense to the comment regarding the blankets.

"Don't pretend you didn't love curling up to me in your sleep," he said with a teasing grin. "Fine, we can go for the ski lodge. There's still a shot of finding something there, anyway. And for the record," he added, "vending machine food doesn't spoil. It's got way too much sugar and stuff."

John started laughing again as another thought struck him. "You know, fireplaces don't get broken. Are you looking to maybe snuggle up by a fire? Get all warm? They might have wine and dead bear rugs."

Raising her eyebrow at John she was going to drown him in the hot spring if he wasn't careful, She smiled at the thought she wouldn't actually do it though but pushing him in fully clothes would be fun. "while we are there we can hunt for something really fast before relaxing." and taking a nice needed bath she thought to herself she really was looking forward to the hot spring after a full stomach. "How far away is the lodge do you think?" she asked looking over at her sister.

Alexia glanced back down at the map in her lap, for now ignoring John statement about bear skin rugs and wine. Like Hell I'm going anywhere near any liquor for awhile. She grumbled to herself. Although, the fire did indeed sound nice. She glanced over at her sister.

"Couple hour drive." She answered before she leaned back to wait it out while she garbled out the directions to the girl. They went on their way.

[time skip, and a little godmodding, be warned.]]

A few hours passed, they had gotton lost a little on the way, before they arrived at the hotsprings. What used to be an old parking lot was where they parked the truck. Both girls looked back to take note that John was sleeping. Quietly, the two sisters snuck from the front of the truck, locking it to keep the man within safe, before they went to the back and quietly got bathing and hunting things. They embarked on their hike to the springs, finding it after about half an hour of walking. From there they went and hunted for abit, they actually managed to get and clean a small dear, which was now hanging over a tree branch wrapped in what Alixa had dubbed the meet sheet.

Alexia looked over at Nyla.

"I guess the nano things made him tired." She said, referring back to the slumbering john in the truck. She stood close enough for the steam to waft up towards her as she stripped her shirt off and wiped the blood on her hands on it.

Sinking deep in the water Nyla closed her eyes "mhmm...means we have the water our selves until he wakes up." she said with a blissful smile on her face as she enjoyed the hot water. Opening her eyes she washed off her hands and arms from the deer blood, she grabbed the shampoo and began to scrub it in her hair. "Oh god this is great, its been forever since I got to wash my hair and relax." she mumbled out loud before she dunked her head under water to rinse out the soap, after it was all rinsed out she swam under the water towards her sister then pop-ed up with a splash as she flung water at her sister with a giggle.

"I'm telling yah. I heard people out there and I smell fresh meat. We can't be far, just follow your nose." Bill said to his companion, then chuckled a little. The two had been wandering for quite a while now, in search for a ski lodge that supposedly was nearby. As the two kept walking, Bill reached for his pouch and pulled his lighter and a pack of cigarettes from it. He opened the pack to find four left, a day or two's worth left at max. "Gah, I hope they got some smokes. I'm nearly out." He muttered to himself as he lit one and took a hit.

As he blowed the smoke upward, a grin formed on his face and he looked over at Kuroi. "So, what say you, friend? Kill 'em or not? I'll have sweet ol' Daisy speak for me." He says and pulled his colt from its holster, then spun the cylinder of the revolver. Much like Russion Roulette, if the cylinder stopped on the faulty chamber, he'd spare them, a one in seven chance.

The sound of quick clicking rang across the area, then slowed down and ultimately stopped, on the faulty chamber. "What? No, Daisy, are you sure?" He asked, staring at the gun, then spun the cylinder again, but once more it stopped on the faulty chamber, meaning he had to spare them. He sighed and put his gun away. "You better be right about this." Bill chuckled again and looked over at Kuroi. "Well, unless my friend says otherwise. I can't befriend 'em if he'll shoot 'em.

" If i was to follow my nose we would die " He chuckled a little his right hand holding onto a case, and his left hand holding onto his pistol He had a small smirk on his face his Amberish crimson eyes looking forward. He inhaled deeply with his nose and said " But you are right i smell meat ...so hungry " He had a sad facial expression on. He looked at him with a smile when he pulled a lighter out and he reached into his pocket frantically looking for something, He was holding his case inbetween his arms when he was looking through his pockets.

He pulled out a cig pack and oppened it up slowly he had three left, a small frown on his face as he pulled on of the three out. He put it into his lips and let it hang while he put the pack back into his pocket, His hood flapping back in some wind that had kicked up when they where walking. His Dark blonde hair flowing in the wind along with it while he turned his head and looked at bill and said.

" Mind giving me a light? " He had his usual please help a partner out look and also a small grin with it this time, But it slowly faded as he noticed him talking to his gun again. He had learned that him and his gun were connected but...man were they closley connected, I mean like brother and sister connected. But hey what ever floats his boat, along as they remain on the same side he has no problem with him talking to his weapons.

Reactions: Majem
"Hmm?" Bill looked at the cigarette in his companion's mouth. "Ah, sure, here." He said and threw the lighter towards Kuroi, then pulled his hat down to cover his face some more. "Not sure how long that piece o' dirt'll last. Think it's nearly empty, too. We'll have to light a fire if we're to have a smoke."

" Well if we have to we will " he says as he lights his cig and tosses his lighter back at him, A small smile on his face still. He takes a drag of the cig and says " so how much closer are we to what your nose was telling " he lets a puff of smoke escape from his nose as he holsters his pistol, He grabs the cig and pulls it from his mouth.

Bill catches the lighter and puts it back in his pouch. "Dunno, I smell smoke now. But looky there." He says grinning, pointing far ahead, something can be seen hanging from a tree branch. Whatever it was, it wasn't natural, someone must've hung it there. "Looks like our new friends are thataway. Why don't we go say hi?"

Alexia smiled down at her sister, happy that she seemed so pleased.

"Well, to ourselves and our clothes." She said more to herself than her sister as she went and dumped a bunch of said clothes into the water, not paying much attention to her sister until she was getting splashed to death. She pouted some as she turned towards Nyla. Her lavender eyes narrowed before she flat out jumped in the water, still wearing everything but the shirt she'd removed, next to the redhead and proceeded to tackle the smaller girl with a battle yell.

Reactions: MissMaine
" Lets hurry up then..im tired of walking " He began running forward his cigarrete that was drawn out dropping to the floor, He continued to rush faster and faster. His robotic arms moving making a small gear movement sounds as they flexed, He hadnt seen anyone but bill for a while and he didnt know why. Maybe he just wasnt paying attention at the time. He smirks as he picks up n the smoke and straps his case around his body so it fits him like a backpack, He places his arm out as he rushes past a big rock which he smacks and uses it to push himself forward more.

Alexia froze before her head snapped around, immediately, she was reaching for her gun. She had seen movement from the corner of her eyes. She pulled the guns closer to her and stayed staring at the direction she had seen the flash of movement.

"Hey, we may have company." She warned quietly, still in the water up to her waist, hand on one of her eagles as she waited to catch a glimpse of whatever had caused the movement. Once again, she was thankful for her eyes.

"Someone's in a hurry." Bill said to himself as he followed after Kuroi, not quite as fast and much more silent. His long hair waved from underneath his hat as the wind caught underneath it since the two were now running. His long jacket also waved behind him, revealing everything Bill was carrying. A revolver, a shotgun, a bow, a pouch, a desert eagle and a tin can.

He came to a skidding halt when he came upon the plethora of people, His eyes inadvertently looked at them and then there bodies. His hair was flowing past his face and his clothes just stopped moving from him moving so fast and then suddenly stopping. " Well hello... " he had his left hand at the hilt of his holstered Colt.

Status
Not open for further replies.