Getting Back Into The Groove(Multiple Plots/Genres/Long Term Partner Search)

Azurian Dream

Moonlight's Match
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
Online Availability
EST 4pm - 6PM
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and steampunk. All are equal, and mix matching is highly enjoyable.
/Introductions\

Why hello I am AzurIan Dream, and its a true pleasure to have caught your interest if only for a brief moment. I am a 28 year old male whose been writing for about 12 years now. I am prior military, and husband to fellow Iwaku Member @Moonlight so I am very tame only out to make friends, and hopefully permanent rp buddies. I am not a grammar Nazi I feel it is very important to mention that. Relaxed, patient, a bit zany, and very chatty so hope your ready for someone to chat your ear off. However, I am rather versed in the rping experience so I am very patient to the potential kinks we will work out in this wondrous process of writing. I am rather high caliber respondent with efficiency to detail, but by no means be sacred away by that i am very well versed in matching others styles. I am a hardcore gamer, and love complex conversations. Also I am definitely terrible at introductions, but I do have a adorable White Bengal cat... okay that has nothing to do with this. Want to know more well lets get to work hopefully.

/What I can do for You & What I ask in Return\

1. I can post 2+ paragraphs per post sometimes a aggressive 8 paragraph post if the inspiration hits me. All I ask in return is at least a paragraph or two from you in return.

2. Like I said I am not a Grammer Nazi so I ask that if you are you hold it back minus a few slaps to my face here, and there we all mess up remember that.

3. Respect is a two way street enough said.

4. I love brainstorming idea's it is the greatest tool to building a story, and if you permit me the chance I would love to expand, and have you expand any ideas we make together.

5. Someone willing to chat outside of Rping. I love making new friends, and if your not I may not be the partner for you cause I will drive you insane with chatting.

6. Understand that I can't post everyday just like I'll understand you can't either.

7. I can do MXF, and FXF couples. I cannot to save my life do MXM couples I am sorry.

8. I would prefer PM's at least for chatting out of character if not for both Story, and OOC.

9. I love playing more then one character, but that doesn't mean I expect you to as well. If its necessary that I play multiple NPC's to help keep a plot moving forward I have no problem just be willing to balance it out in other ways with the few characters you have.

10. I do not partake in Character Sheets their existence drives me insane.

/RPing Preferences\

And now ladies and gentleman to the main event of this evening, but first for those of you who just want to skim what I am about here's the link to my about page on Iwaku.
(https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/members/azurian-dream.28512/#about)

For those of you who wish for further detail here's a bit more.

Genre's
Horror, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mystery, and Steampunk. These are the genre's I enjoy the most especially as original pieces if you have any idea's with one, or multiple genre's from this list by all means shoot it my way, and I'll look it over to see if I am interested. Just realize I may want to brainstorm some change to the idea to make it "our" idea. I love all these genre's equally by the way so trust me when I say I go hardcore on all of them when given the chance. I also love mixing these genre's together for original/fandom works.

Romance
Now here's my stance on this particular element of story telling I am extremely okay with romance. In fact I find it rather uniquely amazing when two character build such a relationship in the story that they eventually become tormented by my desire to ship them together, or roll the dice against their star crossed love. When romance comes natural to the story its a beautiful accomplishment. However, I am not interested in just romance so please remember that. Also I am genuinely okay with making couple characters as long as we establish it properly.

Fandom/Fanfictions
I am okay with fandoms, but I would rather have original characters running the story in said instances. I will bend though to having said cannon characters working side by side with them. As for romance in said situation OC X OC, or Cannon X OC only. I do expect us both to play OC characters in these setting by the way. Also I would like to create original situations not a "insert us here" in the cannon plot.

Action/Combat
I am actually a immense fan of fight scene's, but I understand that isn't for everyone so if your not for it I am okay with that. Though if your greatly for it Sir, or Madame we are going to have some chaotic fun. Same goes for the action genre I do love it yet I do not like it alone oddly enough.

Horror
Now when I say horror I mean supernatural/mythical horror I mean the type that even if you see it your not going to stop it from happening. Human eating plants, demonic genies, live sucking mummies, experiments gone wrong where the wife of Frankenstein goes around killing disloyal partners that sort of thing. Shapeshifting Spiders that kidnap, and devour unsuspecting humans in a humble village while looking for a human mate to trick to be theirs for eternity. Ghouls that slowly drive you to the very depths of insanity before transforming you into one of their legions.

Sci-Fi
Think things like Dead Space(video game) technology, or like Iron Man tech in outer space colonies. Maybe even just mech wars on earth on the Gundam levels. Awe inspiring gravity defy technology that allows a little kid to pick up a 2 ton boulder, or warp from one place to another with portal guns. This is more the genre I go for fusing with others like mystery, and horror with a dabble of action.

Fantasy
If you want romance this is the genre to get me into the idea as a heads up for you romantic types. Enchanting species, mythological creatures, worlds of such encompassed beauty with nature barely disturbed trekked upon by adventurers of many trades. Oh it gets my blood pumping of the places we will go in this genre, and the things that will try to stop our band of travelers. Tyrants and Gods, Monsters and Mother Nature, or even the characters themselves can enchant such unpredictable happenstance of discover for adventure, fame, glory, and fortune. Ahem... sorry I get a tidbit carried away when I think of the numerous possibilities of fantasy. I also like mixing Mystery a lot with this one.

Mystery
To be honest this is one of the few genre's I can do a modern setting as well as slice of life nature. Detective/police hunting down the criminal of unknown origin for any amount of reason has been one of my earliest inspirations of wanting to be a writer all thanks to a single duo known as Sherlock, and Watson. The cat, and mouse game as you get to look into the life of both sides is absolutely a adrenaline rush that keeps me guessing what's going to happen next.

Steampunk
Oddly enough I always want to set this with a western background I don't know why it just works so damn well the imagination that steam based technology could have been so much more is strangely alluring to me I have no idea why. Its also where I get my craziest when writing so be sure your ready for a bumpy ride if you want to try this one with me.

/Plot Idea's\
Now lets add the cherry on top to tonight's desert.

/ Dance With The Devil (Mystery/Modern Life) \

For five years Detective/Police Main character A has been hunting down Serial Killer/Thief Main Character B the two have been at odds for what feels like forever. Oddly enough the reason of obsession for Main Character A come from the fact there had once been a chance for Character B to rid themselves of character A for good yet when the chance came rather then be removed from life Character B saved Character A. A fact which has sent the Character A into a spiraling mess as to the why. Little known after being wounded in a smaller crime unrelated Character A happens to run into Character B at the hospital as they get stitched up. With some small banter the two become friends quickly.

What also unknown by Character A is that Character B knows full well who they are, and has been obsessed with them in a rather ironic opposite way. Thus the true game of Cat and Mouse begins sending Character A's whole life into a spiraling dance with the devil themselves.

based on what kind of criminal Character B turns out to be will heavily dictate what type of game we brainstorm.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

The Genie of The Cursed Ring

Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Starting Main Roles: Lowly starving thief/ Chaotic Genie
Desired Romantic Pairing If Any: MxF or FxF
All their life the thief has been desperately doing their best to stay ahead of both starvation, and the law that would behead them in a instant. The Arabian nights are fought with feeble blankets, and a miserable fire at night hidden within a ruins building not to far away from the bazaar. Though one of the most dangerous places to steal from it always gains a higher reward then any other place for a unwanted orphaned soul. Yet one day on one of their most bountiful heists the thief discovers a lone emerald ring. Upon jovial desire they place it upon their finger unknown to them that this alone seals a pact to a most deviously powered genie whose wishes cost nothing, but the chaos to those around the bearer. But even once the price is discovered the bearer must make one wish per day, or else surrender their soul for the genie to devour whole. Yet even this compares nothing to the shadows of the people who the thief has stolen from, and quickly they find themselves in a dangerous moral game of cat, and mouse.

/ Beneath The Grave (Sci-fi/Horror/Action) \

Deeper, and deeper we must dig for the rich resources we need to build, and fuel our society. That was the motto of Character A's miner family, and so determined were they to dig as deep as they could that they accepted a contract agreement with a high tech company. Their main goal was to test out a new series of digger equipment. With eye's wide for a record breaking chance Character A's family set in plan the most elaborate mining operation in history. Unbeknownst to the miners among the offered equipment were a few unique future military type items meant to one day seal the deal for a military contract for the high tech company. At first the project goes without a hitch 40,230ft below the earth with no problems. Within a few days the pipeline back to the surface is constructed, and the real results starts to pour in. Gemstones, metals, even a few pools of oil are easily found. Yet upon the second month without warning communication with the below team is lost Character A, and most of their family along with fellow coworkers as well as a few techies are trapped beneath the surface. The last transmission received before the pipeline is lost is a scream of something... not human... tearing into something very human...

Character B is a college prodigy, and child to some rather unfortunate news. Their only parent has been reported missing in a cave in incident with a mining project. Unaware of the final transmission being covered up by the tech company they are easily fooled into joining a rescue party. Given a prototype suit meant to help with repairs, and protect them from the potentially harsh environment the team prepares to dive deep into the earth unaware of the monstrosities currently set upon the survivors... and a mentally unhinging Character A.

This one is also very open to brainstorming changes.

/ Death Stranding: Courier (Fantasy/Adventure/Sci-fi/Slice of Life/Romance)\

Alright I'll be honest the world set up is all I really want to use for this story. For those who have played the game you know what i am taking about the enriching mind explosion of this unique world, and the daily struggles of those still in it especially for couriers. I really just want to play with some on the idea of two couriers just surviving working together through some rather harsh time building emotional bonds with each others, and world around them. Surviving the rain that rushes time forward, avoiding the BT's(a supernatural ghost like creature for those who haven't played the game), fighting over transporting cargo with the Mules(courier thieves), trekking through a mind opening journey of wondrous sights, fighting off the Homo Demens(separatist military group), reacting to void outs, and other ungodly experiences from the bad choices of their actions. Its really just a time bomb of what we could do with this idea. Its really just a obsessive adventure idea, but it can be very deep if your willing to try.

How To Date A Monster /Demi Human

Genre: Fantasy/Comedy
Starting Main Roles: An Aspiring Romance Novelist/ Monster Folk of the opposite or same sex...
Desired Romantic Pairing If Any: MxF or FxF

Okay I'll admit its a harem type rp, but its not meant to be sexual its more on the comedic side of things. Since the introductions of monster living unbeknownst to human kind it has been a up, and down slide of adjustments to modern day life. To one such aspiring romance novelist this hasn't really affected their life until a sudden notice from a friend that no ones written a guide on how to date any of these new species of folks to avoid cultural clashes. This is added more upon a intruding social worker who states their would be a huge money award for such a cultural effective piece of work. Thus begins a hysterical adventure of the ups, and downs to humanity getting cozy with these new demi humans.

/ Fandom Idea's \

This is a list of Fandom set ups I would be willing to brainstorm idea's with. The ones with a * at the end are ones I somewhat have a plot idea to start off with, and ** are ones I really want to do. AU means I have a alternate universe idea However, remember what I said originally I will only do these if OC characters lead the story with Cannons more as supporting cast.

/Games\
Dead Space
Azure Dream** AU
Y's*
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance*
Summon Night*
Vanquish**
Persona** AU

/ Final Notes PLEASE READ \

If you have any idea's you think I would be interested in by all means link them to me here, or Pm them to. If your interested in one of my listed idea I would recommend just PMing me directly I will probably respond quicker via PM then this thread. If you wish for a writing example PM what genre, or setup you want it made for.

P.S
Whatever you decide I wish you a swell day, or night.​

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Megasis
Still looking for one more partner.