Status
Not open for further replies.
The cat looked to Thane, still purring for Ross. Her eyes held a look of kindness and understanding. Hisoka let out a little meow before becoming human once again, making sure Ross was completely calm (or at least close to that, since it'd be hard to be comepletely calm in this setting) before she did so. Still, the woman sat next to Ross, rubbing her back gently to better comfort her. "You'll be okay, dear," Hisoka whispered, "I'm sure your brother will protect you, and I'll be here for you as well." the woman looked to Thane, eyes wide and eyebrows raised. "I'll survive as long as possible, and I'll just be a holler away, okay, darlings?" she spoke to both of them with a loving, motherly tone, despite not being too much older than the twins and having just met them. Hisoka would protect anyone who was scared or needed help, and she wanted to make it known.

@Cry.EXE

Ross blushed a bit when she glanced into her eyes. She quickly looked away. "O-Okay..." She mumbled softly. Her heart was still racing and she decided to take a drink of the water to help her throat. She sighed softly and leaned against Thane. He smiled. "I'm Thane and this is Ross." He smiled.

The woman shook Thane's hand delicately, as if she were picking a flower. Her other hand still rested on Ross's back. "It's a pleasure to meet you, but I'm so sorry it had to be this way. I'm Hisoka." she smiled warmly. Hisoka looked around at their surroundings, and everyone else around them. Her gaze returned to the twins and she asked, "Would you like me to get you any food? It seems okay to eat; I've taken a few bites." Hisoka's bright eyes and smile remained. She didn't want Ross to worry anymore, and definitely didn't want Thane to start. He seemed under control, though, so Hisoka mainly focused her worries on Ross. Gabriel was still on her mind, but she managed to keep her a caring look in her eyes and her grin genuine.

@Cry.EXE

Jacquelyn watched as the other people at at least some. Seeing as they didn't die, she walked over to the table, starting to eat. She slowly ate for as long as she could, so that she could be prepared if they didn't get any more food for awhile. She watched everyone else silently to see their reactions, no matter how horrible it was.

"Sure. That would be great." Thane replied to her, as Ross was utterly speechless. During her 'attack', she couldn't hear anyone. Now hearing her voice, only made her heart beat faster and her face grow hotter. Thane smirked at Ross.

Hisoka rose, standing over them like a protective mother for a brief moment before nodding and striding back to the food table. She grabbed two plates, filling them with fruits, veggies, various meats, crackers, and anything she could get her hands on, really. She took the plates back to Ross and Thane, setting it down and crouching beside them. Still, the woman held the fierce yet caring look of a lioness guarding her cubs. It was odd how quickly she had taken to the pair; normally she'd keep her distance from people, especially in a situation like this. Hisoka turned back to Thane and Ross, a little smile still on her face. "Would you care to tell me about yourselves, loves?"

@Cry.EXE

Ross blushed more and sat up on her own. "Well, Ross is my twin sister. We've been together ever since we where little." Thane smiled softly. Ross nodded in agreement, smiling softly. "What about you?" She asked.

"Well, I'm any only child, my life until this whole Paradise thing was okay. My, uh... My parents kind of... Kicked the bucket. Er, the bucket was kicked for them... Anyways, I've never really live in one place since then. Just kinda been a vagabond." Hisoka looked down at her shoes for the first time, taking a deep breath. When her head popped back up, a pained smile remained. Her eyes, full of pent-up sorrow, were slightly watery. She didn't let a single tear slip. The lady knew nothing could be done about her parents, but being reminded of how she had been fooled by Gabriel sickened her. Everyone here was in the same boat though, so Hisoka cleared her throat and took another deep breath before her smile became less sad. It was smaller now, but there was still a bit of joy left in the woman. At least I met these two... That's one good thing that came out of this, Hisoka thought, eyes brightening once again.

@Cry.EXE

Ross slowly put her hand on the other girls. "I-I'm so sorry... We know what you mean..." She mumbled softly. Ross could see the pain in her eyes and smiled. She wasn't the only one in pain after all. She smiled more. Thane smiled at the both of them. 'I ship it...' He laughed in his head.

Reactions: :Cosmic:
"Thank you, dear." Hisoka nodded, and upon seeing the other girl's smile widen, hers did as well. It seemed as if she had made a friend from a tragedy. The woman grasped Ross's hand and gave it a little squeeze before letting go and turning her head. A slight blush had spread across her face. Thinking she was alright now, Hisoka turned back, only for her whole face to be slightly pink. She looked to Thane, noticing a slightly amused look on his face. Wondering what he was thinking, she raised an eyebrow before shaking her head with a quiet snort of laughter. Hisoka's stomach grumbled, but she still wouldn't take anything from the plates she brought over. It was specifically for the twins. Plus, it would be better for her to eat insects- which weren't there.

"You should eat." Ross insisted, pushing her plate in between the both of them. She smiled softly at her. "I'm gonna see if this place has a bathroom. You guys okay by yourselves?" Thane asked. Ross nodded softly. "Alright, I'll be back." He said, getting up and walking off.

Hisoka's already large eyes widened and she shook her head. "But... No, it's for you and your brother..." she shook her head, twidling her thumbs. She watched Thane as he left. Her eyes went back to Ross and she smiled a bit agin. Giving in to the girl's gaze, she picked at some of the vegatables and fruits on the plates. She didn't take too much, though, wishing for the twins to get most of it.

@Cry.EXE

Ross smiled and started to eat as Thane went to look for a bathroom. Ross decided to go for the same piece of food as Hisoka, accidentally grabbing her hand. She blushed and pulled it away. "S-Sorry..."

"It's okay, dear." Hisoka grinned, blushing a bit as well. She sat there for a bit before getting more food again, casually looking around at everyone else. "I wonder what everyone is capable of..." the woman said quietly, mostly to herself. Could anyone else shapeshift or use telepathy like her? It was fun to make guesses, until she realized she may have to face them in the arena soon. Hisoka shuddered, turning back to Ross.

Octavia hadn't been able to actually watch the scene, covering her face as everything happened at once, the explosion and scattering of Tom's body, the blood, she just couldn't handle it. She let out a shaky breath, waiting until the arena was gone and the new room appeared. Octavia raised her head, her amber eyes going wide at the sight of the food. God, she was starving... but could she really eat food at a time like this? Maybe not, but she was sure the alcohol could help her out here. Slowly, she made her way over to the table. "I don't know how the douchebag expects us to eat a time like this." She grumbled.

fire_divider_thing_by_oxldizer-d9utd9w.png

Jacquelyn watched as the other people started to more from their shock. This place wasn't going to get any better, she supposed, but it would definitely get worse. She didn't really like that she had mistaken this for a real safe haven, but she decided that she would just have to deal with it. The stood up from where she had sat to eat and walked over to a corner of the room. She didn't like people that much, and she was shy. So Jacquelyn decided that the corner was the beat place for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.